Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Jun 7, 2016 10:25 AM
May 2016
mshitsugaya10 said:
CallousCleric said:

I thought I saw in Reddit that they confirmed season 3 ??

Eh? Seriously? I don't know that :o

Yeah, I thought someone said it was in production but the question of if releases this fall or early spring next year ?
Jun 7, 2016 10:38 AM

Apr 2011
CallousCleric said:
mshitsugaya10 said:

Yeah, I thought someone said it was in production but the question of if releases this fall or early spring next year ?

I see :o I hope early as possible. I'm not reading the manga, so I dunno what will happen next from this point :o

Jun 7, 2016 12:07 PM
May 2016
I see :o I hope early as possible. I'm not reading the manga, so I dunno what will happen next from this point :o[/quote]

I can be patience as long as the next season is as good as the previous two
Jun 9, 2016 2:02 AM

May 2016
CallousCleric said:
mshitsugaya10 said:

That's not true.

There are absolutely no news on a Season 3. Everything on the web right now is just pure speculation. Considering how bad the DVD/BD sales were (mainly because of the delay...) and how long and complicated the current manga arc is getting, it's really unlikely they'll make another season.

If you want to know what happens next, I highly recommend the manga. It's really good.
Jun 14, 2016 3:44 PM

Mar 2016
There better be a season 3 after leaving us on that cliffhanger after-credit scene....

Also, if Fujisaki is Father (Yato's father, I guess?), why can all the other high schoolers see and remember him?
Jun 14, 2016 3:48 PM

Mar 2016
blondiekk8 said:
There better be a season 3 after leaving us on that cliffhanger after-credit scene....

Also, if Fujisaki is Father (Yato's father, I guess?), why can all the other high schoolers see and remember him?

That's because it's not his actual body
He possessed the highschooler's body
Jun 26, 2016 3:57 AM

Jan 2013
I'm so happy to see how much Yukine has matured.
Glad to see Yato is getting his shit together.
And Nora collapsing back into the lake lol.

THAT SCENE AFTER THE CREDITS THOUGH wtf.
Jun 26, 2016 11:29 AM
May 2016
kuudere-ish said:

there was a scene after the credits ?

what happened ?
Jul 8, 2016 3:15 PM

May 2016
CallousCleric said:
kuudere-ish said:

what happened ?

Dude, that was probably the most important scene in Aragoto, lol
Jul 8, 2016 3:24 PM
May 2016
Vinyet said:
CallousCleric said:

what happened ?

Seriously what happened ???
Jul 9, 2016 3:57 AM

May 2016
CallousCleric said:
Vinyet said:

Go watch it?

Jul 9, 2016 5:11 AM
May 2016
Vinyet said:
CallousCleric said:

Go watch it?

Yeah I did go back and watch it between are last two comments.

I must admit that I dont quite understand who father is and why is he like a high schooler ?

Is it to get close to Hiyiro ? Is he Yato biological father ... has he been keeping Yato for fading away. None of this makes sense.

Here's Hoping for a season 3 still to explain this cliffhanger :)
Jul 12, 2016 5:45 PM

Jan 2016
Just realized i have lost my notes when i finished this anime 3 weeks ago...ha..ha.ha..
Well love this anime season diffidently want another season, cant for it! that ending tho!!! i remember i didnt expect it to be that guy who was the father.. well overall
i gave it a 9,6 was some small issues but it worth a 10/10 <3
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jul 16, 2016 1:57 AM

Dec 2012
Damn. Ebisu went splash.

Finally, Yato released Hora.

Wow at that reveal. The NTR gets more interesting now.

Day Parade of 100 demons.

Dead_By_Heart said:

I'm amazed you watched this season in just 12 minutes. That is legendary. :D
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 16, 2016 10:26 AM

Jan 2016
Rob19MAL said:

Dead_By_Heart said:

I'm amazed you watched this season in just 12 minutes. That is legendary. :D

lol. na didnt have any internet when i watched it back then so the notes i wrote here was about 2-3 weeks old xD
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Aug 22, 2016 10:53 AM

May 2009
I believe the makers would make this anime even perfect if it were to be 50 episodes. I am so freakin in love with this anime. Will eat one pair of shoes if there's never going to be a third season. Manga is cool, but goddamnit I need the animation to be satisfied. O_O
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Aug 27, 2016 8:18 AM

Jun 2016
Ebisu's child version took too much time this episode. I'd expect something based more on the three.
I am so sorry for the adult Ebisu </3 I really love him as a character.

Love the show overall. The balance between the darker plot and comedy was awesome!
Character development (Yukine and Yato a little) was fine. Though Hiyori was the same. She could have changed a little, it'd be fun to watch.
Somewhere Yato meintioned Yukine's relationship with his father, but we never got to see anything about it. I wish we had.
Kazuma was another favorite of mine. He is so adorable!
Oh and the last part where we see Yato's father / the guy who kisses Hiyori, it sure was interesting. There should definitely be a third season after that scene!

Last but not least, my favorite aspect of this show is rhe relationship between Yato and Hiyori. I love it when Yato dotes on her.

And Yato in his dark past with his eyes and hair style is much more cooler than the Yato we know :)
Sep 2, 2016 4:07 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Nice to see a series growing this much from the begginings, marathooning S2 in less than one day is the proof that I really enjoyed this alot, I mean first half was better than everything from S1, which already was interesting enough, but it is this ending arc that manages to pull everything up for me, so many feelings how we are handed the conclusion, it really left that nice feeling only a great series does! With some really shocking moments like Ebisu death and him releasing his sister, you can clearly see how much he has grown as a character, amazing.

I wont call for a S3, but instead read the manga.
Sep 5, 2016 3:28 AM

Nov 2014
The first half was brilliant—an 8/10, maybe even a 9/10. I appreciated how everyone's actions had justification. No one was completely good or evil without a reason. Furthermore, Bishamon is one of the most bad ass characters ever.

The second half was about a 6/10 because of the gratuitous NTR brought about by the use of a memory loss trope (again), and the drawn-out and incomprehensible fights.

7/10 overall
Sep 23, 2016 10:55 AM

Oct 2014
Nice conclusion episode. Overall very good series. I teared up when it showed Ebisu's death and everyone's reactions. "I feel lucky to have met you" and "I don't want to die" were quite the one two punch.

Hopefully there will be a season 3! Still need to see Yato and Hiyori together, haha
Nov 6, 2016 7:30 PM

Nov 2014
PERFECT 10/10
This was absolutely amazing T^T
I can't believe he finally released Nora/Hiiro (although I expected him to eventually). It was a little sad after all those images of them when Yato was a kid. But by releasing that little sociopath he released his past and is allowing himself to move on and be the person he wants to be. It's so...*sobs*...amazing *sniff*
And "Ms. Crazy Chick" made me literally laugh out loud xD I love how Bishamon and Yato are friendlier towards each other now. And Yato actually fulfilled Ebisu's wish T^T Ahhh...I'm gonna go cry now.

Edit: Oh and OMG THAT GUY IS YATO'S FATHER?!?! And does that mean Yato's father kissed Hiyori a couple episodes back? o_o Awkward xD
BlackFox24Nov 6, 2016 7:43 PM
Nov 7, 2016 5:14 AM

Oct 2009
Somehow I enjoyed the first season more...

This was a touching ending with Ebisu.

Father level NTR....WHY?!

7/10
Nov 17, 2016 9:16 AM

Jun 2016
Poor Ebisu, died for Yato's father.
That old man, you can't be serious lol. So Yato's father kissed Hiyori. No way!
Nov 20, 2016 4:43 PM

Dec 2014
This is it? What a mean cliffhanger... -.- His father, seriously, I didn't see that coming. This is so crazy.
I'm glad he finally released Nora, he took his time for that. And also, has he ever told Hyori that she could be "cured" by separating from him? He never made it clear I think. Even if she would reject the option in the end, he should have at least told her.

Any opinions on whether it's t worth reading the manga or to wait for a third season? The manga sounds very attracitve to me right now. ;-)
Nov 26, 2016 1:46 PM

May 2016
Cyandris said:
This is it? What a mean cliffhanger... -.- His father, seriously, I didn't see that coming. This is so crazy.
I'm glad he finally released Nora, he took his time for that. And also, has he ever told Hyori that she could be "cured" by separating from him? He never made it clear I think. Even if she would reject the option in the end, he should have at least told her.

Any opinions on whether it's t worth reading the manga or to wait for a third season? The manga sounds very attracitve to me right now. ;-)

Read the manga.

Season 3 is highly unlikely. The manga keeps getting better. We're in the climax of a very exciting arc and shit is going down.
Nov 26, 2016 1:54 PM

Dec 2014
Vinyet said:
Cyandris said:

Read the manga.

Season 3 is highly unlikely. The manga keeps getting better. We're in the climax of a very exciting arc and shit is going down.

Alright, thank you. I guess I'll give it a try. Saying shit is going down is very convincing xD
Dec 18, 2016 7:38 AM

Apr 2009
Atavistic said:
So Fujisaki is Yato's dad? Don't really see how that works, but oh well.

This was definitely better than the first season, but like the first season I still feel that this show is ridiculously overrated. I really don't see how people think it is deserving of being a show in the top 100.

7/10

I definitely agree. There's really no special and unique about this show.

Hiyori is still useless. 7/10
ezayaDec 18, 2016 7:43 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2016 8:31 AM
Mar 2015
All i wanna know is how did Hiiro escape the underworld....?!
Dec 27, 2016 5:29 PM

Dec 2008
I was seriously ready to not like Ebisu, but he ended up being my 2nd favorite character. Kazuma is my first. His death was terrible and undeserved. I was crying along with Yato when he exploded.

That ending after the credits. OMG!! Season 3 please and soon!
Jan 11, 2017 12:48 PM

Oct 2016
The ending was fine i guess, even i didn't have a thought that he would be his father, i know this isn't any romance type of anime, but still at least they could have confessed their feelings, it was really obvious tho. the part that they didn¨t, i will go with a overall 5 avarage because of that!! God dam this was not even close to satisfy me... like wtf a guy comes in for 2 mins in the series, no not even 2 mins and then he just kissed her....
Jan 30, 2017 8:21 AM

Jan 2010
This was pretty good. Really loved animation style and soundtrack. Yato is definitely most likeable character. Some other important characters felt basic, like Bishamon for example. Story was pretty good too, beside this 'friendship forever' crap sometimes. I mean really, there's like 50 gods trying to launch atom bomb on Ebisu, everyone shits their pants and Yato just own this shit like it's nothing. Really, that's it? So yeah animation and soundtrack are best parts of this show, characters and story is fine I guess beside some basic moments. Overall 7/10 for me, still pretty good anime.
Feb 15, 2017 10:48 AM

Feb 2017
it established the fact that I want to see more, and has me contemplating wanting to read the manga...

I know that, as of now, Bones would have enough material to work with to do an additional season, maybe a season split into two parts due to length.

Fingers crossed for more Yato!
Apr 13, 2017 12:17 PM

May 2016
Yato sure looks great in any type of uniform tbh xD
that guy who kissed Hiyori in epiosde 11 was Yato's old man wtf if that's not true why Hiiro called him father anyway I want a third season asap.
May 29, 2017 12:46 PM

Apr 2014
forgot that yato wore a suit, looks good

i really think there will be a third season in the future, there's still a lot of material left. especially with yato's father and all
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2017 2:42 PM
Mar 2017
I loved the ending! Everything settled down and came to the conclusion, but there's still a cliffhanger in last scene. But I feel satisfied, yet I want to know more what happens after. If there won't be more sequels, I think it's good way to finish anime, because this ending makes you eager to read manga or LN.
Jun 19, 2017 1:27 PM

May 2013
Hm. That God from the heavens that seemed to target Ebisu has got to be Yato's father D;

DAMN, that ending! I was boutta say the senpai thing never got resolved, but I guess they're gonna take it to S3 ;O

Yikes. Look at all these ayakashi around him O___O
Nora is always a troublemaker. Yato can't just release her. He needs to kill her or something.
Jul 4, 2017 10:43 AM

Dec 2016
Wow the ending made a huge turn o_o" Never expected that guy to be the father :o

Just by looking at the ending, it definetely needs season 3. It really needs to clear the father's story >_>

Amazing season ^^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jul 30, 2017 7:55 PM
Dec 2012
Really good episode, i might have cried a bit =3
Yato Kami, i will pay 5 yen for a third season please!
Aug 1, 2017 9:29 AM
Jun 2017
Plz consider character development properly and false god ideas with no emotions pisses me off. It needs more better story...
Aug 6, 2017 9:38 AM
Sep 2016
AlvinFTW said:
All i wanna know is how did Hiiro escape the underworld....?!

Maybe yato's father called her from underworld just like hiyori did.

IMO that season was better that season 1, especially bishamon arc.

Hiiro wasn't that bad, i wonder what will happen to her in the future.

Nice to see how yukine matured through the series.

That scene after credits was DOPE!

Aug 13, 2017 6:41 PM

Aug 2014
I think the second arc of this season was weaker and made whole second season weaker than first one, but still it is same anime and it didn't change much, so I'll go with same vote - 9/10

That last few seconds revealing who is "father" now, but still we don't know what is this father? Maybe he is Izanami husband the Izanagi ? Izanami is always alone, and only a god can grant names and only Izanami and Izanagi can give birth to gods in shinto religion. I could hit the jackpot here you know?:D you can read about their mitology in wiki, Noragami seem to have taken whole story of Izanami from it.

Anyway how far is manga? it is 2 years after second season of Noragami so why no third yet?

oh and one more thing:
both 1st and 2nd season opening art was made great in a unique style.
I liked first OP and second ED more than second OP and first ED :)
Thyriad-oPPailovAug 13, 2017 7:43 PM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 29, 2017 8:44 PM

Dec 2012
I WANT MORE. MORE SEASON PLEASE. YATO IS LOVE <3

- barely alive -
Aug 30, 2017 3:00 AM

Jun 2016
Such a great way to end the second season.

Damn, I still miss Noragami. Season 2 was such an emotional and exciting ride. New characters, backstories, world building and so much emotions. As much as I adore Season 1, Season 2 was definitely better. While the animation and soundtrack stayed just as good as Season 1, the characters went through some amazing development. The Bishamon arc is probably my favorite in the series.

10/10
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Sep 17, 2017 10:29 AM

Nov 2013
What Chapter does season 2 finish at?

Oct 1, 2017 7:46 AM
Feb 2015
FlamePT said:

I know with season one, each episode was approximately a chapter,
(I would like to emphasize approximately)

So 12 'chapters' from season 1, and 13 from season 2 = Chapter 25?
That's my guess anyways. Hope I helped!
Oct 1, 2017 5:45 PM

Nov 2013
Bluefoot9055 said:
FlamePT said:

I know with season one, each episode was approximately a chapter,
(I would like to emphasize approximately)

So 12 'chapters' from season 1, and 13 from season 2 = Chapter 25?
That's my guess anyways. Hope I helped!

yes, thank you for help ^^

Oct 16, 2017 10:02 AM
Sep 2016
any information about next season?
Oct 20, 2017 3:40 AM

Jun 2016
goldenbijoy said:
any information about next season?

Nothing has been announced or confirmed yet. The DVD and Blu-ray sales were pretty awful so don't get your hopes up.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Oct 26, 2017 6:56 PM
Oct 2017
we want season 3. now going for ping pong the animation
what actually is a signature?
Oct 27, 2017 1:39 PM

Aug 2017
any hope that there will be a season 3...
i really want one
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2015

192 by Siigma777 »»
Mar 17, 10:03 PM

» Im getting too old for this anime

DatajI - Mar 9

9 by Fenyy »»
Mar 9, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2015

317 by yarwe »»
Jan 16, 4:38 AM

» Is there going to be a next Season for this series, because it is really great?

m_vahhaaj - Oct 5, 2023

27 by animejas »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:34 PM

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2015

198 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.