Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 26, 2015 6:41 AM

Sep 2015
I enjoyed this season, it was better than the first one :)
Cried like a little bitch when Ebisu died and I thought I wouldn't xD
Also, did anyone notice that Yato's expression in the opening changed?
I hope we get a season 3, so many things have to be explained.
Dec 26, 2015 6:46 AM

Aug 2012
Ebisu dying! The tears man the tears!
Little Ebisu is soooo adorable :D (Lol'd when Yato kidnapped him)
GOD OF FORTUNE - YATOOOOO!
So the dude that kissed Hiyori is his "father" or whoever! Wow, that's some messed up shit! Wtf lol.
Season 3, please & thanks ❤❤❤❤
10x better than the first season!
Dec 26, 2015 7:05 AM

Aug 2014
Great final!
I respect Yato for bring Ebisu-san to Olivia's restaurant just like he wanted...
I prefer to didn't know about real identity of "Dad", and wait for a sequel version of the story.
But I don't think the story will ends right here, because we don't know what "Dad" wants with Yato and the problem of Hiyori... ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Dec 26, 2015 8:29 AM

Jun 2015
Loved it 8.5/10 better than S1 imo because more Bishamon and more focus on what gods/phantoms are and more development for other characters.

Btw does anyone know at what chapter of the manga this Episode ends at?? Much appreciated
Dec 26, 2015 9:00 AM

Feb 2015
ShadowTheRaven said:
Loved it 8.5/10 better than S1 imo because more Bishamon and more focus on what gods/phantoms are and more development for other characters.

Btw does anyone know at what chapter of the manga this Episode ends at?? Much appreciated

Around Chapter 39, but you will be confused as they changed the order of many things and many things were changed.
Noragami reading/watching order: http://blessedyuki.tumblr.com/noragami-guide

"2016 will be the year of Sanji" - Eiichiro Oda
Dec 26, 2015 9:03 AM
Jun 2015
Now that's how you end an amazing arc !!!
Dec 26, 2015 9:09 AM

Sep 2012
Probably there will be a season 3 because of the ending.

What a splendid show
Dec 26, 2015 9:28 AM

Dec 2013
The second season is definitely better than the first one :
-The ending was perfect..there will probably be another season since Noragami aragoto became so much popular.
-Ebisu's death was so painful T_T
-I was awfully extremely sooo much happy when yato released nora (take dat b*tch :3 )
-I need to know more about dat Fujishit.
Anyway, i enjoyed this season a lot
9.5/10
now it is the time to ;
-pray for another season (o yato kami, please give us another season and we'll give you 5 yens !! )
-read the manga !
Dec 26, 2015 10:17 AM

Jan 2015
enjoyed! 9/10 for entire series :D

Hopefully have Season 3 :P

Please!!
Dec 26, 2015 10:25 AM

May 2009
The ost at Ebisu's death sounded similar to Max Richter's 'On The Nature Of Daylight'.
Yet, feels like an Olaful Arnalds' composition too... like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2Usi28hk7U
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Dec 26, 2015 10:39 AM

Oct 2013
You don't get it often where the second seasons outshines the first.

Pretty sure a third season will happen after seeing the after-credits scene.

Great episode/season.

Dec 26, 2015 10:52 AM

Aug 2014
I am shocked. I guess Yato be an office employee.

What's with the last scene? So Yato had to contend with his father? Is this an indication of the existence of the third season? If so, I hope the story more exciting with more action scenes.
Dec 26, 2015 10:53 AM

Jun 2015
The scumbag who kissed Hiyori is father? I need a moment for this to sink in
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 26, 2015 11:43 AM

Apr 2014
I liked the ending, I thought it nicely wrapped up the season. LITTLE EBISU WAS SO CUTE, but the feels when you know what happened to him before he reincarnated
Dec 26, 2015 1:04 PM

Jul 2015
I lost it when Ebisu said "I don't want to die." in tears and then died
Oh my god, I love this series
Dec 26, 2015 1:06 PM

Mar 2008
This season was way better than 1st one. 10/10

Glad he got rid of Nora finally. FFS, she was abusive and manipulative, doesn't matter how long she'd been with Yato.
Dec 26, 2015 1:24 PM

Mar 2014
I don't really get why they changed the order of things here, but I guess most of it worked out in the end.

Loved Yato's development in this arc

Shame they didn;t animate Nora's/Hiiro's rape face after being released

Ultimate Trash Dad confirmed

Season 3, PLEASE!
Dec 26, 2015 1:27 PM
Jul 2015
Now, I LOVE Noragami Aragoto. Very entertaining. However, this ending didn't cut it for me. Note this is my opinion...
Pros:
Surprised that Ebisu died, unlike many Shonen when there's always something there to save characters. His death led Yato to confirm his decision; to become a God of Fortune.
Olive Tavern scene... loved it <3
Lots of character development, especially with Yato
Con:
"Old man"? Who? Are gods not born from wishes? More explanation please
No Yatori... ; (
It honestly just didnt tie everything off

Now, i would have no complaints if the third season wasn't coming out WINTER OF 2017, and that may even be cancelled.
Dec 26, 2015 1:28 PM
Nov 2010
This episode was a fine ending to the season. It's interesting to see Yato's released Nora at this point.

Overall, this season was pretty enjoyable for me, a lot more than the first season. If it continues to be this good or to improve, I'm all in for a new season.
Dec 26, 2015 2:08 PM

Dec 2013
Damn and I thought I wouldn't see that fucker dude again..

Gaelenmyr said:
Glad he got rid of Nora finally. FFS, she was abusive and manipulative, doesn't matter how long she'd been with Yato.

Lol there are people who fancy such character
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Dec 26, 2015 2:54 PM

Feb 2011
I'll miss the OP most. T_T
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Dec 26, 2015 2:55 PM

Apr 2014
awgh S3? Nora's whoring around big-time.
---------My Profile------------
Dec 26, 2015 2:55 PM

May 2015
that a lucky bastard who kisses hiyori is father, fvck that it's surprising me as well

very good season 8/10, hope for season 3
Dec 26, 2015 5:55 PM

Feb 2013
That ending! I was just wondering what the f*ck happened with that boy and he just appears of nowhere x)
Nice season 2, looking forward the 3 :)
(Ebisu's death though >_< poor guy)
RiritsuDec 26, 2015 5:56 PM
Dec 26, 2015 7:14 PM

Nov 2014
Am i the only one who pities nora?

I mean, she had been with yato since they are children, he cared for her, they lived, fought, and played together, but he suddenly left her with some strangers, leaving her alone. And now, he even released her, as if he wanted to cut off all ties with her. I felt so sad for her.

And it's Yato's fault she became a Nora in the first place.

Btw little Ebisu is adorable. Makes me want to tie him against my bed and cuddle up to him as I watch his pained unconscious face...(damn we're getting off topic)
Dec 26, 2015 7:44 PM

Apr 2013
VanishingKira said:
Mediocre like S1 and the manga.

5/10.
yet you forced yourself to watch and read all of its content because logic.
Dec 26, 2015 10:41 PM

Oct 2013
Ebisu's death was so sad. Truly a good ending. That cliffhanger though
Dec 26, 2015 11:04 PM

Jul 2015
"Yaboku!!!" ... :~(
..................ayyyyyyyyy lmaooooo...................
Dec 26, 2015 11:11 PM

Dec 2012
Man, Ebisu turned out to be a real good guy. Even in his final moments, he prioritized his regalia's safety over his own. That scene with the younger Ebisu in the shop was really sweet, those heartfelt moments between Yato and both incarnations of Ebisu were moving. Most especially the idea that Yato saw Ebisu for who he was personally rather than what he represented as a disposable god. That ending was beyond eerie, I'm hoping that's a signal that this isn't the end.

A solid continuation to Noragami and certainly felt like a step up in many regards to the plot. The first portion with Bishamon was by far my favorite. A very emotional tale of how Bishamon's kindness became her clan's bane. The second portion ended up being quite powerful as well, although initially I wasn't as interested in it.

8.5/10

ttcchen said:

I mean, she had been with yato since they are children, he cared for her, they lived, fought, and played together, but he suddenly left her with some strangers, leaving her alone. And now, he even released her, as if he wanted to cut off all ties with her. I felt so sad for her.
I do feel for her a bit, but honestly what got me was when Yato said that she's always remained calm and never cried or worried. I think at this point he was saying that she didn't truly care about him the same way a friend (Hiyori, Yukine) would even despite being with him since the start.
Dec 27, 2015 1:58 AM

Nov 2015
Just completed season 2 & all I gotta say is "WTF!!?" Yato's father is who now???
I'm looking forward to season 3 most definitely!!

This anime grew on me, I love how Yukine's character has developed & how he seems more & more like a good exemplar...still in training but definitely a different Yukine from season 1.

I'm still in shock with the ending surprise, guess I'm gonna have to wait & see :D
🌿My name is Hiro🌿

Dec 27, 2015 2:10 AM

Feb 2015
ttcchen said:

And it's Yato's fault she became a Nora in the first place.

Nora's situation is a complicated one. A third season would delve more into her past and her relationship with Father and Yato. As many things in Noragami, it all boils down to the character's point of view. We all "hated" Yukine, Bishamon or even Ebisu at some point, right? Nora might be hateful to us, but who knows what Father has done to her... she's a very mysterious character.
Noragami reading/watching order: http://blessedyuki.tumblr.com/noragami-guide

"2016 will be the year of Sanji" - Eiichiro Oda
Dec 27, 2015 3:37 AM

Jul 2012
A good conclusion to a great arc, the beginning half was great really hitting me in the feels with the whole Ebisu incident showing that he did die and reincarnate and seeing how Yato was with him was really really emotional. Also happy to see Yato finally get rid of Nora and see that happy ending with Yato, Yukine and Hiyori together and then of course bam out of nowhere we find out who Nora's dad is and its that guy who kissed Hiyori...like wow huge thing there, really hope they make a second season because that is pretty dang crazy.

Here is my full review on the episode and overall season:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRoT67_C2KE
Dec 27, 2015 4:59 AM

Feb 2008
A truly fine ending.

Ebisu's death was tragic, just as he finally found the desire to live...
Dec 27, 2015 6:52 AM

Mar 2014
That cliffhanger omg.
I'm looking forward the next season ! :O
Dec 27, 2015 7:22 AM

Dec 2013
All I can say now is, HAHAHA friggin' CALLED IT several episodes back!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Dec 27, 2015 7:23 AM

Jun 2014
Loved every episode of this, so much build up into crazy climaxes. Well done and also that dickhead is his old man huh....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2015 7:42 AM
May 2015
That post-credits scene was creepy AF!

Now need to read the manga, to chapter 34!!!
Dec 27, 2015 8:52 AM

Aug 2014
you know when i was talking about wanting more drama last episode (aka ebisu to not die like that) i wasnt ready for this episode. i actually cried twice.

i like the post credits scene!i really hope there is a third season one day.
Dec 27, 2015 9:38 AM

Jan 2014
7/10

Better than S1 by a long shot but I still can't get Yukine-Ex-Machina out of my head...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2015 9:49 AM

Apr 2013
Woww that Ebisu death was actually really really sad and emotional. Love this arc, especially how this ending was handled, and hope for a season 3. Will definitely miss this likable cast. That post credits scene damn.
Dec 27, 2015 10:34 AM

Dec 2015
And now that goddamn pest of a nora has gone and attached herself with someone else. That guy... I hated him since his very first appearance. Hate him-hate him-hate him!!! I knew that guy was not trustable! My anime instincts never fails me. But before that, how the hell did nora even escape Yomi damnit! Izanami could have just broken her like she tore apart all of Ebisu's regalia's.

Ah but that moment when nora called yato as "Yaboku" hahaha in yo face nora! "No, I'm Yato" he said. Yes!! I couldnt be more prouder of you Yato. And that bonding between Yato and Yukine~ it was high time they did that.

But... why Ebisu.. why did they have to kill him?! I mean I loved the kid Ebisu and also adored that Yato-Ebisu moment at the beginning (fatherly side of Yato is always so~ kawaii) but why did they have to kill Ebisu in a burst-in-blood kind of way???!!! Why couldnt they have made him disappear with sparkles or in tiny sparkling glasses? Why? Whyyyyy?
Maybe thats what you get if youre executed by the heavens... poor poor Ebisu... Yato's dad should have just got that punishment! Dunno how he looks like but already hate him, I mean who doesnt hate him, telling Yato all that crap and making him hate himself. Just die already Yato's dad! Wait a sec...did that nora just call that guy who stole hiyori's first kiss(?) "toutou-sama".. u mean to say that guy is actually yato's dad?! WTF!! This guy just got my double hate now.
[With that I end my long rant. But LOL @ Bisha's real name being Crazy Chick Yato invents such interesting names]
xueyutanhuaDec 28, 2015 9:05 AM
Dec 27, 2015 12:22 PM

Apr 2014
UUUUUHHHHuhuhuhu that ending tho, 100% excited for a third season.
Dec 27, 2015 2:21 PM
Dec 2014
I loved this season, there was a shit ton of character development and the plot became so interesting, it was generally better and more action-based than the first one; I'm 99% sure there will be a 3rd season also I CRAVE for a better character development for Hiyori hhhhhhh
Dec 27, 2015 3:29 PM

Mar 2014
They're crazy if they don't make a third season.
Dec 27, 2015 6:51 PM

Mar 2012
Weak final episode and weaker second half than the 1st half. The ending to the Bishamon arc was the highest point out of the 1st and 2nd season combined, imo.

I was kind of hoping when the one God of Fortune was talking about how he waged war against the Heavens in the past that it was foreshadowing a renewed war in order to save Ebisu, a bit disappointed that that was not the case to be, though I suppose now there's a possibility should a 3rd season come to be that Yato might face off against his father, or something to that effect.

Either way, in all, it's just as good as the first, although following the conclusion of the Bishamon arc i was pretty much ready to give this a 10, ah well.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Dec 27, 2015 7:26 PM
Feb 2013
Damn, the pain, the pain, the paiiiiiiin

Give me a third season !
Dec 27, 2015 8:33 PM
Jun 2014
Great! I would have to agree that the Bishamon arc was better because Ebisu seemed to be randomly thrown in a bit. Ending is definitely set up for a third season, it'll be announced sooner or later. How is the manga doing?
Dec 27, 2015 8:41 PM

Jan 2008
That was a surprise, I didn't expect them to actually fail to save him. Guess I've been watching too much typical shounens.

The BGM they used at the end was unfitting, should have waited til their little speech was over.
Dec 28, 2015 1:57 AM

Jun 2013
Yato looking good in his suit rather than that ugly trainer he's always sporting. Also, kid Ebisu was super cute.

It was so sad when Ebisu died, broke my fucking heart. I liked him more than Yato. :(

Noragami Aragoto was definitely a level up from the first Noragami, I know that it only follows the succession of events within the manga but the first cour was bland IMO and failed to capture my interest. This one was definitely more entertaining which is why I bumped it up two points from five to seven.

I'm actually looking forward to a third season. I wasn't expecting to like this as much as I did. Hopefully the third season will get a higher score from me, not that any of my scores matter since I'm not a fan of the series and I think only true fans of the series can say whether or not an Anime adaptation gave its original source justice or not but still, I liked it and would recommend Noragami Aragoto to people who didn't enjoy the first season as much.

Also, I'm not a big fan of Yato x Hiyori as a couple. As a matter of fact, I hate the idea of it. Yato isn't human, he's a god and Hiyori will grow old and eventually die. I guess they can be a couple after she dies and becomes a Nora or spirit or whatever. For now, I like the idea of the three of them as a family: Yato, Yukine and Hiyori. No love.

That ending with Fujisaki turning out to be "father" was pretty cool too. I'm definitely looking forward to a third season. I doubt I'll be reading the manga any time soon since I have other books, manga and series to focus on. I'll be watching only the Anime from this point on and referencing online facts from the manga when I get confused.
臭い-
Dec 28, 2015 2:44 AM

Jul 2009
Yato was being so cute with a suit and taking Ebisu to eat the hamburger!
Looking forward to a a third season!!! 8/10
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why Noragami needs to come back now

PokefanPT - Apr 27

37 by yZezo »»
May 6, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2015

192 by Siigma777 »»
Mar 17, 10:03 PM

» Im getting too old for this anime

DatajI - Mar 9

9 by Fenyy »»
Mar 9, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2015

317 by yarwe »»
Jan 16, 4:38 AM

» Is there going to be a next Season for this series, because it is really great?

m_vahhaaj - Oct 5, 2023

27 by animejas »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.