Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 24, 2015 8:29 AM

Feb 2014
spiwar said:
season 1 was shit but this one was actually pretty good. glad i didn't drop it
shit's about to get tense and i hope this will get a season 3 soon.

I dont think its going to get a s 3 :( im like 99% sure its an anime original ending
Dec 24, 2015 4:34 PM

Jul 2010
Chiibi said:
Hey everyone, let's all write to WIT and tell them how much we love ONS and that we really really want more. We can even send letters in Japanese because I can translate!

Classic 0 contribution post, ignores everything to do with the anime because you can't deny it's true.
Dec 24, 2015 8:14 PM

Oct 2008
more fodders and t just keeps piling-up!
4/5.

Dec 24, 2015 8:50 PM

Nov 2008
Kryn said:
because you can't deny it's true.

Because what's true, now?

Not everybody has the same opinion as you. Deal.

Dec 25, 2015 3:08 AM

Dec 2012
All the allies are not really friends, Guren took the control of the vampire to destroy the Hiragi commander. Hope this bastard will die soon.
Dec 25, 2015 4:47 AM

May 2008
Ugh. I think the downfall of Seraph is that it's such a shounen that you know none of Yuu's "family" will die. Yet they keep going "HAHA THEY ALMOST DIED!!!!" and it's not fooling anyone. I was surprised it took them this long to kill off Makoto's squad, and even then I'm sure he's going to cark it eventually.

Shinoa totally should've died, though. I had no hope she would but I'm glad characters are finally realising that she's a selfish bitch. God damn, I haven't hated a character this much in ages.
Dec 25, 2015 9:33 AM

Nov 2008
Zazie122 said:

Shinoa totally should've died, though. I had no hope she would but I'm glad characters are finally realising that she's a selfish bitch. God damn, I haven't hated a character this much in ages.

Shinoa is not a selfish bitch and she certainly did nothing worthy of hate.
Fight me, bro. I'll end you.
ChiibiDec 25, 2015 10:42 AM

Dec 25, 2015 1:28 PM

Dec 2011
So much betrayals happening on both sides. Woo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2015 7:49 AM

Jul 2010
Chiibi said:
Because what's true, now?

Not everybody has the same opinion as you. Deal.

Rofl. Classic.

This show having a million problems such as bad character designs, plot holes, invincible main characters, and some of the worst story telling you can find. It's not an opinion it's a fact.

You can tolerate this because you don't care that it's objectively bad and can still enjoy the pathetic action scenes where everybody cries Yuu's name as he (yet again) dives into his own demise.
Dec 26, 2015 8:02 AM

May 2010
Epic episode is epic. Loved it. Please be a decent finale...
Dec 26, 2015 5:43 PM

Feb 2013
Shinoa got slapped!
Dec 29, 2015 8:10 AM

Nov 2008
Kryn said:

This show having a million problems such as bad character designs, plot holes, invincible main characters, and some of the worst story telling you can find. It's not an opinion it's a fact.

If you took your head out of your butt and learned people don't think the same way as you, you will learn that is all your opinion.

*I.E. The character designs are awesome. You're the only one complaining about them.

* Plot holes? Where? The manga hasn't ended and until it does, unexplained things stay unexplained.

*Invincible main characters? Lol bro is this the first time you've ever watched a shounen animu?

*Worst story-telling? That's also subjective.

Dec 31, 2015 9:09 PM

Jun 2013
Good on Shinya for ignoring orders. Also the way Narumi and his group were punished, goddamn.

I read a little about Maruhi and Guren's relationship and don't find it appealing whatsoever. Mahiru doesn't seem like a likable character anymore than her sister, Shinoa. They both have unpleasant personalities IMO.

Hmm, when it comes to any Anime, manga, series, etc. there's always that one character I fail to feel sorry for no matter what their plight is.

In Sakurako-san, I was super pissed at Shoutarou for some reason, his face pissed me off. In Comet Lucifer, it was Sougo for being a useless little bitch. The list goes on and on but in Owari No Seraph, I find it difficult to feel pity for Shinoa even while Narumi's group was angry at her for "siding with a vampire" and tried to execute her for betraying them. " I don't hate her or think she's a bitch or anything but whenever her life is threatened or she's in danger, I'm just like, "meh."
BibimbapskiDec 31, 2015 9:17 PM
臭い-
Jan 1, 2016 2:14 PM

Mar 2014
Once again, people got saved at the last second. Seriously, do the writers think this is clever or dramatic? To me, it makes little sense. How could Yū show up like that without anyone noticing? They're in a rather barren area. It's not like there are trees or pillars or anything of the sort to aid in a stealthy arrival, so how could his arrival possibly shock anyone?

It's just silly now.

Anyway, I guess I should be excited for the finale, and I am, but I can't help wondering why the writers think that killing off certain characters should pack an emotional punch. I admit that what Kureto has done is pretty horrific, and it doesn't really bother me that faceless characters are being killed off - evil is evil, and all that jazz; I don't have to know all of them - but giving dialogue to characters I know nothing about does not make me care for them. They have emotional moments with Makoto, and I don't know why. All I know about them is that they're soldiers. Supposedly they're his friends, but I don't really care about them.

All in all, I can't lie and say I'm not enjoying the series, as I am; but I can't ignore the fact that some elements are hugely disappointing, such as the killing off of people to whom I have no emotional attachment, as they weren't really given the time. And that 'character-arrives-just-at-the-last-second' bit is very, very old now.

It had better not happen in the finale.
Bittenfeld said:
To tell you my honest feelings, Admiral Müller, as the groom at a wedding ceremony, the Kaiser is simply just a handsome man, I'm afraid to say. But as the supreme fleet admiral who leads entire fleets, he's really a godly person. Don't you think so, too?
Müller said:
I think he's quite godly as a groom, too.
Jan 1, 2016 11:07 PM
Mar 2012
wat Pandora's box of death?
Makoto is suffering, having a shield as demon ability yet unable to save them.
Yuu popped up from nowhere.
Confused. Seems Guren's human side follows Kureto orders, tells them Shinjuku trap. But Demon side has plans with Krul & maybe Ferid, and tells Krul the Airport.
But Kureto didn't seem to keep any trap in Shinjuku, since his main force came to the airport. How did Guren escape? What's his plan?
Jan 3, 2016 2:56 PM

Apr 2013
Yes yes, we see a bunch of explosions and dead people, but what the fuck is going on, seriously?
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jan 6, 2016 3:30 AM
May 2012
So, what's the purpose of Kureto killing those he killed?
I like Krul because of Yuuki Aoi <3
Well, let's see how this will end.
Jan 18, 2016 4:40 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that ending :o Pretty damn great development, I do wonder how this will end next!
Jan 19, 2016 7:00 AM

Jun 2008
It's like this show is throwing shit at as from nowhere. I mean if it wanted to have twists like this it should have thrown them a lot more sensible because it threw the twists at us but we really to not have a grasp of what is actually going on yet so we can't even understand much of the twists to be going "OWWW, so that's how it is".
Because of that our reaction is more like "Eeeee? Well....whatever."

Maledict said:
Now that I think about it a bit more clearly, I still don't hate Kureto. The vampires need to die. For that end, sacrifices are necessary. He's an asshole for basically forcing his people to die, but he's on the right side. I like characters who achieve good results with the wrong methods, so yeah - hopefully he actually delivers a major blow onto the vampires next time.

Can't imagine him not dying at some point, though.

Maybe i could have agreed with you if i knew wtf was he doing. The show never explained really why the hell he is killing his own people etc.
I mean currently he is killing some good human fighters. Why? It makes no sense.
For all we know he might want to kill everyone.
Jan 25, 2016 8:56 PM

Nov 2015
THAT SLAP! (in the beginning)

Awesome episode! I STILL don't know who to be cheering for, and honestly that's the way I like it! The whole episode was a bit confusing, but awesome.
Feb 24, 2016 9:26 AM

Oct 2014
Damn, Guren tho. And Mika and Yuu finally fighting together! Nice. Great episode and ending, can't wait to see how it wraps up.
Mar 19, 2016 12:57 AM

Apr 2014
What was Krul's deal with Shinoa's sister? Why did Kureto kill his own soldiers when he needed them for the upcoming battle? Why are Krul and Ferid appearing on the battlefield exactly? What is Guren planning? How did Yuu and Mika appear out of nowhere without anyone noticing? Why are the troops charging at the vampires when they could use the box that had just massacred a bunch earlier?

But regardless, it was quite an intense episode. Just as things are finally picking up, there's only one episode left. What a shame. Hopefully they'll reveal season three very soon. Next week at the convention they'll be attending perhaps? Although, that's rather wishful thinking.
ZeroDragonMar 19, 2016 1:08 AM
Apr 17, 2016 5:10 PM

Oct 2013
..........???????

As great of an episode as this was -- and it was -- I can't help but wonder what the point is in dropping so much confusion on the audience with only one episode left. Good grief, they could've at least told us why Kureto was slaughtering his own soldiers, because so far he just looks like a scumbag with no rhyme for his actions other than "kill everybody!" Which might actually be the case considering his prior declaration of world conquest and eradicating all other human settlements.

Anyway, I knew Ferid and Guren were scheming together since the S1 cliffhanger so I'm glad that was confirmed, although I'm certain there's going to be no decent clarification regarding the why's.

Dammit, I really didn't want to have to read the manga.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 27, 2016 10:33 PM

Dec 2012
When moral is down, shit gets crazy.

Narumi was like...

The traitors have been revealed.

I still do not forgive Shinoa for overhyping her sisters oppai.

Wow. Kureto needs to die...badly.

When Yuu's group was in the middle of the two approaching sides, I said they should probably move to the side and let both sides kill each other off. lol
RobJun 27, 2016 11:25 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 6, 2016 3:09 AM

Dec 2010
Great episode, restored my faith in the series. There's so many sides in this conflict, this could hardly be any better.
Aug 16, 2016 7:13 AM

Jul 2013
So Guren has a second personality and it was him all along? I really thought it was that Shinya guy. Anyway that scene in the end is a total clusterfuck. How are they gonna end this?
Sep 9, 2016 12:20 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Kureto is the evil mastermind. The poor suicide squad all of them caught in the middle. That was pretty amusing actually lol
張大です for 張大勇督察
May 11, 2017 2:37 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The secrets begin to be revelated, and not only one, more!!!
The tratitor vampire...
The Hiragi plan...
The Guren personality...
and more!!!
Aug 17, 2020 5:56 PM
Oct 2019
Vamp: You just have some kind of death wish human?
Guren: *spits on vamp face*
Vamp: *disbelief*
Guren: *slyly grins with a light chuckle*
Me: lololz. I get off on the lamest stuff

Shockingly, my initial instinct at the end of season 1 was right. It was Guren consorting with Ferid. Well, his demon girlfriend using him as the conduit.

What the hell is the endgame? What is going on?!

And Kureto used his own troops as target practice? What in the actual fuck? His sister's doing all that?

This episode was MAYHEM. Whoa. Excellent
Jan 16, 2021 9:08 PM

Apr 2020
Oh no
Guren has fell into the dark side
Mar 19, 2021 12:50 AM

Jun 2020
......... this episode.......wtf........

Poor Shinya. He really doesn’t have a clue what’s going on.

All I can say is. My heart sank when Kimizuki was like iT’s CoMiNG FROM thE CONTAiNEr.........jesus

Mahiru x Guren.....damn I definitely have to get into the LN. OP demon Guren is such a look ♡______♡

That cliffhanger!!!!!!!!!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Oct 28, 2021 12:59 PM

Jan 2021
Fuck Kureto and that blonde bitch - she knew her little sister was among the sacrifices and didn't even hesitate to activate the death container.
May 16, 2022 11:19 AM
Nov 2020
Damn, u know I feel for Krul the most cuz she's just being tossed around rn by both Ferid and Guren and Ferid and Guren are being manipulated by Mahiru, so even in death the Hiiragi family is still causing problems for the world
Sep 12, 2022 2:48 PM

Mar 2019
So that is the plan Guren told Yuu, that his other personality will come out. Shinoa's sister looks so good, I really want to know what happened, since her personality probably changed once she became a demon?

Now I get what Mika was talking about, but there's no way he knew this is going to happen. There truly is no good place to live. I have so many questions, Krul really is a great character, not just random noble, what was that deal?

Seems like Guren isn't Guren anymore. Please I don't want Shinya to die, he was so good this episode. Same goes for the 4 older ones. Also I hate Mitsuba's sister.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 29, 2023 5:29 AM

Dec 2022
I struggle to see the point in Kureto fighting the rest of the human side here. Why not just tell them to shut up and back him up against the vampires with his new thousand-limbed shipping container?

Shaded Horizon

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Season 3?

RealityChanges - Jul 1, 2023

49 by Alex_the_reaper »»
Feb 10, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

348 by Rosxlie »»
Jan 27, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

468 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

207 by Craneface »»
Nov 12, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

245 by Desaturate »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.