Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 7, 2015 8:02 AM

Apr 2011
Personally I don't have any, but I've always considered it and like ones friends of mine have gotten. I decided a year or more ago there were a few designs, on in particular I wanted to get done. Told myself that if I still thought it was a good idea a year from then, I would consider it more seriously on if I should actually get the work done.

So. What are the people of MAL's opinions on tattoos? Do you have any? If you do, do you regret any?

FintanDec 7, 2015 8:09 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 7, 2015 8:07 AM

Oct 2015
Yeah, I got one after I got out of boot with like 4-5 of my friends. It's a giant one on my back.

No, I don't personally regret it, but I know others who do.
Dec 7, 2015 8:07 AM

Jan 2013
I dislike huge ass tattoos who cover more than half of your body part, fuck that.

But I really consider doing something really small which is symbolic
Dec 7, 2015 8:08 AM

Mar 2015
Temporary tattoos only for me. I actually like the way a lot look, but I'll let others live with something that they can't take off without excruciating pain :)
Dec 7, 2015 8:09 AM

Jan 2013
FloatingIdiot said:
Temporary tattoos only for me.
this is also cool
Dec 7, 2015 8:11 AM
Mar 2014
I have a smal one on my leg.
Dec 7, 2015 8:11 AM

Mar 2015
Tattoos are reverse tsunderes. They love you at first and then cause you pain.
Dec 7, 2015 8:14 AM

Jul 2012
Not a fan. Looks like graffiti on your skin.

I would never get one unless it was for cosplay. Plus, if I had an image I really liked, I'd get sick of it after seeing it for a while.
Dec 7, 2015 8:17 AM

Jun 2014
I think they can look really cool and pretty. I like seeing people who have nice tattoos, but I probably wouldnt ever get a tattoo. If I did I would only get like one small one.
Dec 7, 2015 8:19 AM
Jul 2018
Honestly I love tattoos as long as they're tastful. I plan to get some in the future
Dec 7, 2015 8:21 AM

Sep 2009
Only if I got something out of it. Like money. Or I found a design I really wanted for some reason.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 7, 2015 8:22 AM

Apr 2011
mayukachan said:

I would never get one unless it was for cosplay. Plus, if I had an image I really liked, I'd get sick of it after seeing it for a while.

I tend to think they look better on guys, but it depends. I don't think I'd ever get like a huge one that covered my whole arm or back or something.

This is the one I was considering. It's from a S. Dali photograph. Probably would get it on my upper arm/bicep. Wouldn't be visible in most situations.
Dec 7, 2015 8:34 AM
Sep 2014
I don't like them
Dec 7, 2015 8:39 AM

Mar 2014
i have 4 tattoos, i regret one, funny part is that that was the only one that wasn't just a silly joke..

Fintan said:
mayukachan said:

I tend to think they look better on guys, but it depends. I don't think I'd ever get like a huge one that covered my whole arm or back or something.

This is the one I was considering. It's from a S. Dali photograph. Probably would get it on my upper arm/bicep. Wouldn't be visible in most situations.

i am really sceptical of getting a tattoo you already seen on someone else. i would never do that.
gizter13Dec 7, 2015 8:45 AM
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
Dec 7, 2015 8:48 AM

Apr 2011
gizter13 said:
i have 4 tattoos, i regret one, funny part is that that was the only one that wasn't just a silly joke..

Fintan said:

i am really sceptical of getting a tattoo you already seen on someone else. i would never do that.

Almost no one gets a tattoo that is completely original. Unless it's writing or a picture of a loved one(which those never look very goo imo). I wouldn't bring that image and say "do it just like that". I've seen tons of variations of that photo being turned into a tattoo.

Also I saw the original photograph when I decided it would make a cool tattoo, then saw via google others have done variations of it. No matter what your idea is you can usually find someone who's posted pics of something very similar.
Dec 7, 2015 8:48 AM

Jan 2015
That depends, they can look either really gross and distasteful or very nice to me. Personally I am not a fan of something being put on my body that is near permanent.
Dec 7, 2015 9:02 AM

Mar 2014
Fintan said:
gizter13 said:

Almost no one gets a tattoo that is completely original. Unless it's writing or a picture of a loved one(which those never look very goo imo). I wouldn't bring that image and say "do it just like that". I've seen tons of variations of that photo being turned into a tattoo.

Also I saw the original photograph when I decided it would make a cool tattoo, then saw via google others have done variations of it. No matter what your idea is you can usually find someone who's posted pics of something very similar.

i wasnt saying a tattoo had to be completely original. i've just seen to many people that walk into a tattoo shop with a picture of someone elses tattoo saying they want the same. and thats just sad.
the piece of art you posted is very well known, so it woulnt supprise me much if indeed quite some pople got it. but i would reconsider it when i saw people already had that same piece tattooed.

anyway, be sure to get the right artist if youre doing that. not many people are going to be able to pull that off. you might have to travel quite the distance for it.
i personaly really want a tattoo from Fuzi TPK, old French graffiti writer who does tattoos nowadays, love his style. but its not really next door. still hope to get the chance one day.

i've never seen any pictures of the tattoos i have btw. the same drawing style at at closest. thats all.
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
Dec 7, 2015 9:03 AM

Jul 2012
Fintan said:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/RNqgItB.jpg[/im g]

Looks bad on either gender tbh. :/
Dec 7, 2015 9:05 AM

May 2015
Nah.

Some of them can look good, but most of them are terrible imo.
Dec 7, 2015 9:06 AM

Nov 2015
I think they look cool in other people, since I can't have them because of a skin condition that I have. I really like tattoos that have meaning and if they're in color, bonus points.
Dec 7, 2015 9:08 AM

Apr 2011
gizter13 said:
Fintan said:

i wasnt saying a tattoo had to be completely original. i've just seen to many people that walk into a tattoo shop with a picture of someone elses tattoo saying they want the same. and thats just sad.
the piece of art you posted is very well known, so it woulnt supprise me much if indeed quite some pople got it. but i would reconsider it when i saw people already had that same piece tattooed.

anyway, be sure to get the right artist if youre doing that. not many people are going to be able to pull that off. you might have to travel quite the distance for it.
i personaly really want a tattoo from Fuzi TPK, old French graffiti writer who does tattoos nowadays, love his style. but its not really next door. still hope to get the chance one day.

i've never seen any pictures of the tattoos i have btw. the same drawing style at at closest. thats all.

Aww yeah I've seen some of his stuff, lots of people are kind of imitating that since he doesn't have a very complex style. My sister and friends I have know most the great tattoo artists where I am, so not super worried about finding someone capable.

I'm not super hipster about this stuff. Obviously like I don't want to get a tribal band and a sports team logo, but if something I really like is liked by other people also...that doesn't stop me from really liking it lol. In a way if you try to hard to avoid getting something no one else has, you might end up with something you don't truly like.

As I said, my idea is to think of something you think you really like...wait a year, if you still think it sounds awesome then you probably should consider it.
Dec 7, 2015 9:45 AM

Aug 2015
Some sleeves look okay. Not a huge fan of tattoos though.
Dec 7, 2015 9:53 AM

Aug 2013
If you want one go for it, don't let anyone else tell you what you can or can't do with your body when it does no harm.

I'd get one but its pretty expensive currently and I don't have the muscles yet to pull off a good tat and I don't want it stretching if I do decide to work out.
Dec 7, 2015 10:05 AM

Mar 2014
Fintan said:

Aww yeah I've seen some of his stuff, lots of people are kind of imitating that since he doesn't have a very complex style. My sister and friends I have know most the great tattoo artists where I am, so not super worried about finding someone capable.

I'm not super hipster about this stuff. Obviously like I don't want to get a tribal band and a sports team logo, but if something I really like is liked by other people also...that doesn't stop me from really liking it lol. In a way if you try to hard to avoid getting something no one else has, you might end up with something you don't truly like.

As I said, my idea is to think of something you think you really like...wait a year, if you still think it sounds awesome then you probably should consider it.

i've never though about my tattoos that much. most of them are just silly. i can still laugh about it, so whatever.
i am an idiot anyway, so they suit me.
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
Dec 7, 2015 10:07 AM

Mar 2008
Depends on the artistry, style and location.
Dec 7, 2015 10:18 AM

Apr 2015
Vikings with tattoos turn me on.
Dec 7, 2015 10:20 AM

May 2015
Sharking said:
Vikings with tattoos turn me on.
Tattoos with Vikings turn me on.
Dec 7, 2015 10:23 AM

May 2012
Tattoos in general turn me on.
Dec 7, 2015 10:53 AM

Apr 2014
Love'em
Dec 7, 2015 10:54 AM

Jul 2014
not a fan
Dec 7, 2015 10:56 AM

Apr 2014
Interrrrrpetgyu said:
I love them, but I would never get one myself.

Full sleeves are my favorite

I want to get a sleeve. But when I went to see the pricing it's so expensive. Money I don't really need to spend right now. Plus I want to get my arms a little bulkier before tattooing. More surface area.
Dec 7, 2015 10:58 AM

Feb 2014
I think tattoos are disgusting.
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Dec 7, 2015 11:02 AM

Mar 2008
I never find it to complement someone's physique. At best it's whatever and at worst it's unpleasant or no longer relevant. People should be always moving forward, not hung up on events that happened in their lives.
Dec 7, 2015 11:04 AM

Mar 2014
Only a very tiny amount of people look beautiful with tattoos and the rest are ugly

Too bad I live in a country with an extremely high tattoo rate

It's like everybody between 20 and 40 gets a tattoo nowadays just because it's cool

I find it very hard to respect tattooed people
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 7, 2015 11:07 AM

Jul 2014
They can look great when the artist is good, the skin takes to it well and the design is original.
Dec 7, 2015 11:11 AM

Apr 2014
Fui said:
I never find it to complement someone's physique. At best it's whatever and at worst it's unpleasant or no longer relevant. People should be always moving forward, not hung up on events that happened in their lives.

The biggest problem with people just getting tattoos so willingly and frequently nowadays is they don't put much thought or meaning into them. So you end up with a bunch of people who can't tell you the reason behind their tats. And they regret them like a month down. Lol.

People should really give more meaning to these permanent additions to their skin.
Dec 7, 2015 11:14 AM

Jan 2014
I wouldn't get them myself but they look cool.

Dec 7, 2015 11:25 AM

Jul 2015
Have fun regretting it several years later
jesssenpai said:
I think tattoos are disgusting.
Dec 7, 2015 11:42 AM

Jan 2015
Comic_Sans said:

It's like everybody between 20 and 40 gets a tattoo nowadays just because it's cool

Pretty much this, and nearly all of the ones here are trashy as fuck.

Tattoos are always grime. Calvin and Hobbes don't look good smacked on your ass.
Dec 7, 2015 11:42 AM

Mar 2015
I have no desire to get any, though they can look decent I suppose.
Dec 7, 2015 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
I wouldn't mind people with a small tattoo but I would personally never get one.
Dec 7, 2015 12:59 PM

Jun 2013
I have four tattoos.
Dec 7, 2015 1:05 PM

May 2015
I don't have any and don't plan to. I don't know why, but they look pretty pointless to me. They don't really add anything.

Too many tattoos is unattractive to me, but that's it. I don't really care how many tattoos a person has.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Dec 7, 2015 1:23 PM

Mar 2012
I wouldn't mind getting a small one, I don't see what's so bad with them. Don't mind people who have them either, as long as they're relatively tasteful. But personally, my tastes and aesthetics are always changing, so I wouldn't want something so permanent. If there was a one year tattoo I'd do it though lol.
Dec 7, 2015 1:44 PM

Jun 2015
I will probably get a tatto but it will be a small one. I just need to wait few years when I can actually get it.
Dec 7, 2015 2:01 PM

Aug 2015
I think they're ugly and pointless. You would have to pay me an insane amount of money to get one, but, I don't care if other people get them. They can do whatever they want with their bodies, unless I'm going to be in the same bed with them I don't give a fuck.
Dec 7, 2015 2:12 PM

Mar 2014
I don't have any tattoos and probably won't in the future either. Some tattoos are pretty cool and generally I don't mind any tattoos people may have. The ones I dislike the most are tattoos on one's shaved head. Seems kind of silly and pointless to me but that's just my personal opinion.
Dec 7, 2015 2:36 PM

Jul 2015
i would have a sleeve by now if i wasn't afraid of needles. i really like tattoos, especially ones that aren't coloured. tattoos are so nice, b/c it's a form of expression, and hold meaning (at least i think they should)

o i hate cliche tattoos like: infinity sign, anchor, etc.
Dec 7, 2015 2:46 PM

Jul 2015
I would never ever get one. But ppl can do whatever they want, tattoos are nice from a distance.
Dec 7, 2015 2:48 PM

Mar 2014
kuptova said:
Comic_Sans said:

Pretty much this, and nearly all of the ones here are trashy as fuck.

Tattoos are always grime. Calvin and Hobbes don't look good smacked on your ass.
Wait... Did you see somebody who had a C & H tattoo on their butt? Seriously? Lol
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

49 by CalmTeaTime »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

42 by Kamikaze_404 »»
13 minutes ago

» What sort of education did you get?

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

48 by Rhaelynne »»
18 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

679 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Do you care about your native culture?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 9

45 by Bruh69XD »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.