Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2015 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The episode felt like watching a horror movie lol. Oh poor Ritsuka...So we find out more about Ritsuka including the time when someone close to them died. Not a very pleasant past.

At least she looks cute and apparently, blood is a source for Lindo's powers.
Stark700Dec 2, 2015 8:22 AM
Dec 2, 2015 8:28 AM

Nov 2007
The 3 president council members just realized who the power belongs to. Brother decided to have the girl be protected and try to delete his vampire power (purify) at the exorcist church. Other exorcists, though, decided to sacrifice her. Wow, so that's why he has vampire power. He's a child of vampire and human, and they are not blood related.

His real mother doesn't approve him until she died and he got adapted by the main girl's family. He also trained to control his power. He confessed to her and the president appeared. Duet song when their duet (KETTO ~Yuzurenai, Semegi Ai~). She rejected the devil, who seems to have feeling for her, for her "brother" who just confessed, so he left. She decided to try to live to protect her brother.
tsubasaloverDec 9, 2015 8:54 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 2, 2015 9:37 AM
Jul 2018
meh lindo, just meh. how many more things are you hiding from ritsuka?
Dec 2, 2015 10:19 AM

Feb 2015

That cockblock. Fuck you, Rem. And as I guessed, they're not biological siblings.

Well it was kinda obvious that he was part vampire. No surprise there.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2015 10:29 AM

Aug 2015
I'm so torn....Lindo...Rem...I can't decide.

Really enjoyed the the voice battle between Lindo and Rem...those seiyuus.

Glad Lindo finally took steps towards being more than just her "brother" it's about time Ritsuka knew the truth. I like her character but they do play her off as pretty dense sometimes.
Dec 2, 2015 10:47 AM

Jul 2013
No, poor Rem ;A; He is far from being my favorite character, but he doesn't deserve to suffer like this! :( Especially after deciding to just like Ritsuka, although it's 'against his destiny' as he said.

All that was 'revealed' was pretty obvious to be honest, but I am kinda surpriesed, that Lindo confessed. But I don't think that Ritsuka will see him in any other way than her brother and I'm totally fine with that.

Also, the three other guys definitley need a threesome. Just my humble fujoshi opinion :3

Aaaaaaaand I still want and need a DwD Dating Sim! Please, make this reality!
"The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes."

Dec 2, 2015 11:11 AM

Mar 2008
Isn't DwD based on a visual novel anyway? IDK

Well... Things escalated quickly. But I'm pleased, I don't like slow paced stuff.

It was obvious that Lindo is just a cousin, wasn't hard to guess that he was half human. Show hinted it a lot. Come on, Ritsuka's aunt and Lindo has same hair/eyes, plus anime never mentions Lindo's father. Obviously Lindo joined Exorcists to protect Ritsuka and suppress his vampire side.

Lindo has a death flag indeed :p he always says "I'll die for Ritsuka". I don't want him to die though, he has been the best guy since ep 2. Exorcist onii-chan ftw.
Dec 2, 2015 11:28 AM

Feb 2013
Wow! A confession, that was unexpected. Will Ritsuka end with someone?

F___ said:
AiraKT said:

Also, the three other guys definitley need a threesome. Just my humble fujoshi opinion :3

Aaaaaaaand I still want and need a DwD Dating Sim! Please, make this reality!

Shiki X Mage x Urie need to happen. I support this!

Isn't it getting a game though? http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-08/dance-with-devils-gets-ps-vita-game-in-march/.93910

OMG yes, please *drools*
Dec 2, 2015 12:11 PM
Jul 2018
Lindo confessed to Ritsuka, that was nice!
Dec 2, 2015 12:20 PM

Mar 2008
F___ said:
Gaelenmyr said:
Isn't DwD based on a visual novel anyway? IDK

It's an original TV anime, if I recall correctly. There's also a manga series titled Dance with Devils: Blight, but I think it tells a different story from the anime.

Really? Because DwD would be a perfect VN with different routes, I thought those character episodes (Shiki, Mage etc) were from the routes.
Dec 2, 2015 12:20 PM

Feb 2015
My thoughts while watching this episode:

>Poor Azuna! o(╥﹏╥)o
>Oh No! Creepy/Murderous exorcists! ⊂•⊃_⊂•⊃
>Lindo and Ritsuka were so cute as kids.
>Oh my! A confession!
>That look on Rem's face when Ritsuka said she hated him... இ_இ
>Well, things are getting intense!
Dec 2, 2015 12:33 PM

Aug 2015
Gaelenmyr said:

Lindo has a death flag indeed :p he always says "I'll die for Ritsuka". I don't want him to die though, he has been the best guy since ep 2. Exorcist onii-chan ftw.

Please no! I can't handle Lindo dying. Really like him.

Also is the VN getting a western release? I assumed at this point it was only being released in Japan. We need more VN's in the west!!
Dec 2, 2015 2:23 PM

Apr 2014
aaaaaaaaaaaaaah lindo was going to kiss her!!!
lindo and rem fighting for her
how romantic <3<3<3

lindo lindo<3<3<3
Dec 2, 2015 3:39 PM

Sep 2014
So Lindo and her are still related- yet he STILL goes in for the kiss.
*facepalm*
Dec 2, 2015 6:27 PM

Jun 2014
Not the best episode of this show by far (that goes to Episode 6) but at least it was better than both the past 2 weeks somewhat. I liked the Urie, Mage, and Shiki conversations, as they're starting to become one of my comedic highlights. Some of Shiki's comments has me laughing my butt off.

Finally we know the truth about Lindo as well! I've been waiting for this since Episode 5, and I'm glad they didn't leave that in the dark. Though he's still just as annoying as when he first appeared in the show. I can't be the only one who's sick of his constant "I'll keep you safe", right?

And poor Rem. He barely got a chance to explain why he interrupted the almost kiss. As for the song, this week's was the worst. So shallow! I was particularly rolling my eyes every lyric. And wow, how the love wheel turns! That went from "I love you Rem." to "I HATE YOU REM!" all in the span of 1 episode. Suspense much? Please.

I'm a little worried about next episode (the guys are most likely going to fight over Ritsuka and the whole lying about the grimore's location will most likely be secondary on their things to focus on) so I'm bracing myself for the worst.

I just really wish the devils had more development. I think that would make things a little more exciting since all of them are pretty dull IMO.
Dec 2, 2015 7:28 PM

Oct 2011
Rem and Lindo's Duet Song <3
Dec 2, 2015 8:16 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
YW said:
*facepalm*

Ikr, although that wasn't even my main problem. My problem was that she just found out that they were cousins and not real siblings, you think someone will let you kiss her when she has always thought of you as a fully blood-related older brother? No way would she suddenly have romantic feelings for him (yet??).

Ugh, for real though, Ritsuka? Rem has protected you in several occasions and probably could've taken you away whenever he felt like it. If you didn't notice, your brother was trying to kill Rem too. There's no need to be interested in knowing Rem's thoughts if you don't care about him at all. She's in denial.

DazzlingAnime1 said:

I just really wish the devils had more development. I think that would make things a little more exciting since all of them are pretty dull IMO.

I agree.

I feel really bad for Azuna...her body was just left there D:
Dec 2, 2015 9:43 PM
Feb 2015
-Shiki, Mage and Urie's playful bickering is the best.
-Ritsuka and Lindo were sooooo cute when they were little kids.
-Lindo's (almost) kiss is a bit awkward....
Dec 2, 2015 10:46 PM
Mar 2010
Lindo-onii-sama is the best.

I can't wait for the game to be released so that I can read up some summaries on Lindo's route since I know fully well that Rem is the main guy in the anime. The onii-chan never wins in the reverse harem anime ugh...unless it has lots of onii-chans like BroCon.

I'm not even going to talk about how I felt about them leaving Azuna there because that was just plain cruel.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 3, 2015 12:27 AM

Mar 2013
A dhampir, cool! Nice to see this show isn't sticking with the more dullass run of the mill supernatural creatures.

tingy said:
Ugh, for real though, Ritsuka? Rem has protected you in several occasions and probably could've taken you away whenever he felt like it. If you didn't notice, your brother was trying to kill Rem too. There's no need to be interested in knowing Rem's thoughts if you don't care about him at all. She's in denial.

"Brother" you've known all your life >>> some guy you met at school a few weeks ago.
Besides, not only does everyone else keep saying so but even Rem himself said to her that devils are liars and that he was only being nice to her to learn about the grimoire. Even if this turns out to not be true, she has 0 reason to trust him lol, especially after all the shit every devil and vampire in the show has pulled so far. This show might want to say they """love""" each other whilst having no chemistry or actual emotional connection, but there's no way anyone sane wouldn't tell the guy to fuck off regardless of feelings.
Dec 3, 2015 5:28 AM

Jun 2015
The episode was enjoyable. Didn't like how dead Azuna was just abandon there. That wasn't very nice. Lindo is better off as brother than a lover imo.

YW said:
*facepalm*

Was not that just a kiss on the head? [A casual show of affection among siblings. ;]
Dec 3, 2015 11:18 AM

Jan 2014
A lot of this was kinda expectable, and it was kinda rushed, but still understandable since the Vampires are gonna be more active now.

I feel sorry for Rem, the guy really cares about Ritsuka but has trouble showing those feelings, and Ritsuka was rather too flared up to tell him such crude things.

Well it seems Rem is gonna jump into defending her, but man you gotta defend "Ritsuka" NOT the "Grimoire".
Dec 4, 2015 1:08 AM
Sep 2014
The preacher actually makes a valid suggestion.....Oni's a vampire? Hmmm....apparently Ritsuka never questioned the obvious glowing red eyes, fangs, and claws he developed out of nowhere on several occasions...in front of her...they really should kill Ritsuka...she still wanders off after several negative events and warnings....she's a risk to the world obviously lol...This progressed super fast.....and no, Lindo, you still can't bang your stepsister/cousin....Obviously Rem is retarded....just get to the point and stop instigating drama and obvious misunderstandings ...How tf can anyone ship Rem...he has no personality or presence what-so-ever...lol that dude with the panties for a "mask"..smdh this show....needs more Shiki...
KanohaneDec 4, 2015 1:14 AM
Dec 4, 2015 9:39 AM

Jan 2014
For the love of God, is there ONE anime out there that actually has Old English mythology and Christianity down!? Cause, from all the bullshit I'm seeing, the entire concept in this series is all for show.

Now, about this episode:
- The Melancholy of Rem Suzumiya
- My Lindo-niisan is as incest as I expected
- Not-so-Ao no Exorcists
- Unlimited No-Budget Works
- Tokyo Lindo √A
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2015 9:59 AM

Dec 2009
Thanks for that cockblock, Rem. If Ritsuka doesn't want Lindo though then I'll take him
Dec 4, 2015 11:11 AM

Nov 2009
Welp, cousin incest is not uncommon sooo...

I have a feeling Rem is gonna get his 'prize', but I feel sorry for Lindo...I grew to like him way more than I thought I would at first, someone make this boy happy... If he dies (especially fro the sake of Ritsuka being with Rem or some crap like that) I will never forgive the directors...
Dec 4, 2015 4:21 PM

Sep 2015
So we got a little more backstory for Ritsuka and Lindo in this episode, along with at least one unsettling surprise. After watching this episode, I don't think that there's truly anyone that Ritsuka can trust.

But Lindo did reveal a couple of things to Ritsuka, which could possibly complicate their relationship. At this point, Lindo is the closest thing that Ritsuka has to someone she can trust, even after what he confessed to her.

It was good to see Ritsuka showing some backbone right at the end of the episode. Hopefully this will continue for the remainder of the series.
Dec 4, 2015 5:46 PM
Nov 2015
ljaesch1 said:

It was good to see Ritsuka showing some backbone right at the end of the episode. Hopefully this will continue for the remainder of the series.

I don't think she'll. Probably Rem will confess to her and all is forgotten. (Really, wtf is she mad about? Rem did nothing but restrain his opinions. She's blaming him for all evil that happened or what?)

Nii-san listen please:
First you tell the truth, 1+; Then you confess: 1+; Finally you kiss the girl: 1+. The thing is... why did you do everything in less than 2 minutes??? No former "sister" actual "cousin" would let someone who was her "brother" 10 seconds ago kiss her!!!

(But Ritsuka is really dense... I'm sure that if cockblock didn't arrive she would take some time to notice she was being kissed... [˚_˚])

Duet perfect (love Hatano-san and Saitou-san singing). Rhythm good. Lyrics... meh.

Onegai give-me Mage, Shiki, Urie threesome.

(I can not write any of my thoughts regarding these 3 in a BL fanfic... I'll be banned.[˚////˚])
Dec 4, 2015 11:54 PM

Jan 2014
Rem is best boy.
Lindo is a dhampire, an incestuous beast.
This anime makes all my dreams come in 2D.
Dec 5, 2015 12:29 AM

May 2014
Lindos secret is reveled
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Dec 5, 2015 2:48 AM
Mar 2010
straggy said:

"Brother" you've known all your life >>> some guy you met at school a few weeks ago.
Besides, not only does everyone else keep saying so but even Rem himself said to her that devils are liars and that he was only being nice to her to learn about the grimoire. Even if this turns out to not be true, she has 0 reason to trust him lol, especially after all the shit every devil and vampire in the show has pulled so far. This show might want to say they """love""" each other whilst having no chemistry or actual emotional connection, but there's no way anyone sane wouldn't tell the guy to fuck off regardless of feelings.

+1. If anything, Rem is the reverse harem protagonist in the anime. He keeps going 'I..' or 'No, that's...'. Forgive me for saying so but he seems emotionally constipated. I can't ship him with Ritsuka since he doesn't have any chemistry with her and I don't see how they're suddenly all in love and why Ritsuka trusted him so much in the first place.

How and why did Rem suddenly fall in love with her? When? It was never shown. All of sudden, bam, he says he likes her? And Ritsuka goes with it when where have they actually interacted with each other properly? I'm sorry but I wanted to ship her with Rem but I can't even though I know he's end game.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 5, 2015 10:23 AM

Jul 2014
tingy said:

Ikr, although that wasn't even my main problem. My problem was that she just found out that they were cousins and not real siblings, you think someone will let you kiss her when she has always thought of you as a fully blood-related older brother? No way would she suddenly have romantic feelings for him (yet??).

I concur. She didn't seem surprised that the person she thought was her brother wasn't her brother. Ritsuka seems a little indecisive to whether she actually likes Rem or not. Rem could've killed Lindo, but he didn't just for Ritsuka. Poor guy is just trying to figure out his feelings.

Dec 5, 2015 8:10 PM

Oct 2012
I'm so glad Rem came in before Lindo kissed her. Okay he may not be her brother but they are still related, he's her cousin. . .
Dec 6, 2015 5:54 AM

May 2014
LOL, so he loved her in that way. Well, it was pretty obvious he were a vampire.

Evolutionary it's best she choose Rem. Or their kids have high chances of getting other super powers. LOL. Ayways, pretty meh ep. Seems like Rem got rejected. He just wtf girl??
Dec 6, 2015 7:22 AM

Feb 2015
Well, I felt bad for many characters in this episode. Lindo had a hard childhood with her mom treating him like a stranger. And well, Rem getting treated like that after he just tried to talk with Ritsuka.

I was surprised but little happy that Lindo confessed. Although I would've liked to see what Ritsuka would've done if Rem didn't show up. I mean, for her Lindo is her big brother and he just tried to kiss her. I mean, I would've pushed him away before anything happened and demand a time out.

As much as I feel bad for Lindo, I do not see him together with Ritsuka. I see his obsessiveness to be extremely scary, since in the (horrible, lmao) song he said that he won't let anyone touch her and that he won't let anyone else have her. Does this mean that even if she herself wanted to leave him, he wouldn't let her? Cause that is how it seems to me.

I still think that if Ritsuka ends up with someone it will be Rem, although I'm not that big of a fan of him but I like where his development is going.
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Dec 6, 2015 9:09 AM

Jul 2009
I knew he was not her brother! It was obvious when Ritsuka had those visions of past in the museum.
I was thinking he was half demon, so he is half vampire, and seems that his dad is the vampire boss.
Of course the church would want to kill Ritsuka...
Dec 7, 2015 10:47 AM

May 2010
Team Lindo! And Rem, stop interrupting the best moments. Heck, who told where they were anyway? Meh. Glad Ritsuka spoke up (but yeah, she probably likes him. Damn) Oh well, at least she is developing.
Dec 23, 2015 10:26 PM

May 2014
"I would die for her!"
Ayyyy. Lindo <3
Damn, don't say that. What am I gonna do if you're not around anymore..
Dec 27, 2015 6:54 AM

Jul 2012
where's my own lindo

fuck

ok anyway, the song was funny but actually pretty good :P it was obvious that they're not siblings. anime always pulls this "not actually blood related" card to prevent people from complaining lmao. yeah, i think lindo x ritsuka will happen at this point.
Aug 27, 2017 8:20 AM

Mar 2014
it was obvious they were not related for ample reasons including their hair colour lol

ah yes, singing while fighting, as one usually does. I think this was a ridiculous insertion but I've got used to it

Lindo is kinda dumb though, Ritsuka *just* learnt he is not her biological brother so she obviously loves him as a sibling yet he still had to rush into a confession and even attempt to kiss her....

I wish the devils were a bit more developed so I could care about them. I feel bad for Rem but I wish his character was explored a bit more
Nov 19, 2017 12:40 AM

May 2013
Aw, poor Rem D; he took so many blows to the heart from Ritsuka. But it's also his fault for his lack of proper communication about his feelings for her :( he's too silent *le sigh( that'll getchu not that far...

I knew that church was sketch. Didn't like how Lido kept going to them for exorcist advice and shit. Shady af men and then they wanted to sacrifice his world

I didn't think Lindo's vampire powers would've worked that normally though, considering he got doused with boiled holy water or whatever they poured onto his back in order to "cleanse" him >.> That one extra dude even looked down on him with cold eyes, saying he's just a Dhampir. Wtf? Totally NOT holy of him. R00d. I'm glad the Devils took em out.
Kokoro_KotashimaNov 19, 2017 12:44 AM
Jul 22, 2020 5:36 AM

Oct 2009
RIP Azuna. Her corpse just dumped there? dafuq..

As usual, I hate Shiki. He still poking around Azuna's corpse zz
Aug 14, 2020 6:00 PM
Aug 2020
oh to be chased and wanted by five gorgeous guys....*sigh*
anywaysssss it was so obvious from the beginning that Rem and Lindo were not real siblings lol but regardless nice episode
Oct 1, 2021 12:02 PM
Apr 2021
I'm shocked when Lindo and Ritsuka are not siblings jskssosj

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2015

72 by Slitchka »»
Apr 5, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

79 by Kyarrific413 »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:02 AM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2015

64 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:59 AM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2015

80 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:57 AM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2015

120 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.