Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 27, 2015 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I kinda feel sorry for Yato this episode. It's like he's being put on a leash by Nora.

I think it's also interesting to hear the story about the other Gods. I find it funny how one of them took on the appearance of Hiyori. Eh, the "date" stuff in the real life between Hiyori and her friends felt kinda weird. I think pacing felt kinda slow this episode but a nice transition.

That kiss though D:
Nov 27, 2015 8:32 AM

Nov 2007
Meeting says Ebisu guy is doing bad thing, and HiroC's character is to release him. He is really "my pace". Ebisu guy used the mask because it's a way to control ayakashi, huh...

It seems like both of them sees her differently because Ebisu guy saw old lady instead. Ebisu guy is here for "kotonoha", but it turns out to be calligraphy pen. She forced them to fight together. Ebisu guy pretends to follow her request, and both were able to run away.

So that sempai her friend likes is the guy she met. The girl starts to forget HiroC's character when having fun at the amusement park and starts to feel wrong. New guy seeing her sad face and is drawn to her.
tsubasaloverNov 27, 2015 8:54 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 27, 2015 8:51 AM

Apr 2014
This episode made me LOL
Nov 27, 2015 9:14 AM

Mar 2014
For those who don't know, the full ending with original sound quality was released a few days ago.

DesuTronicNov 27, 2015 11:12 AM
Nov 27, 2015 9:46 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This adventure filled episode with Ebisu and Yato was really great and I loved it all very much but a certain someone pissed me off

How dare this new fucking pretty boy looking ass cunt take advantage of the ripples in THE FUCKING OTP....That guy needs to die, not having any of this bullshit
Nov 27, 2015 9:54 AM

Jan 2015
I was like 'you bastard' at the end.

Right after that the ending theme song felt like a perfect fit for this episode.

Another great episode!
pufonDNov 27, 2015 9:57 AM
Nov 27, 2015 9:58 AM

Apr 2014
God bonding time

Nov 27, 2015 10:09 AM

Aug 2010
DAT NTR MAX KISS!! inb4 this isn't NTRThis isn't even the start of why people call Fujisaki trashy tho :P

Kofuku is just too much fun XD

The banter with Ebisu when they saw each other at the entrance of the cave was so lol. He can't do shit. He even has Reglia's as knots LMAO.

F***ing Hiiro being a Nora for Ebisu too XD WHORE!!! Loved her "Da-me?"

Inazuma Hiyori is so friggin HAWT :L
Nov 27, 2015 10:13 AM

Feb 2015

This guy moves fast. And I was hoping Yato and Hiyori would kiss, not him.
Yato better fcking return before Hiyori will completely forget about him.

SchwingBonerNov 27, 2015 10:24 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2015 10:27 AM

Feb 2014
No my Hiyori will definitely not end up with this random dude or ill riot. Besides that great episode as usual! Sick adventure to the underworld.
Nov 27, 2015 10:31 AM

Nov 2015
That shit-like BASTARD, how dare he kiss Hiyori when she's suffering and while Yato is working hard to return back.
He needs to die, that's right, die, die, DIE, DIE, DIIIIIIIIIE YOU FREAK BASTARD
Nov 27, 2015 10:32 AM
Jun 2015
I can already tell that this new dude is a potential Best Boy.
Nov 27, 2015 10:33 AM

Aug 2015
Tokoya said:

How dare this new fucking pretty boy looking ass cunt take advantage of the ripples in THE FUCKING OTP....That guy needs to die, not having any of this bullshit

He needs to be decapitated by Yato along with Nora...
Nov 27, 2015 10:38 AM

Aug 2014
And as I thought the old geezer of a god wasn't cock blocking our ship enough, this hell of guy comes in and does THIS
Knew this was about to happen, but it still makes me sad :(
Nov 27, 2015 10:42 AM

Jul 2012
This was an awesome episode with so much crazy things happening and building up to be even more crazy in the next episode. It was really cool to see them go in the underworld and see Izanami and also find out a little more about Ebisu and also Izanami might be his mother? Man other than that every time I saw Hiyori slowly forgeting Yato more and more I was literally yelling nooooooooooo don't forget him! I can't wait to see what will come of all of this in the next episode!

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3djXM4BTjZY&feature=youtu.be
Nov 27, 2015 10:45 AM

Aug 2010
I was wondering how they'll adapt stuff from 4 chaps later last week. Seems they skipped some Ebisu and Fujisaki flashbacks and the stuff with Bisha and co.

But all that stuff can easily be swapped and adapted anytime in the later eps so all is okay ^^

Nov 27, 2015 10:51 AM

Aug 2008
Ebisu is funny. Izanami very OP. Yato and Ebisu run from her.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Nov 27, 2015 10:51 AM

Oct 2015
What is it with the harem owning old guy wanting Hiyori to forget Yato?! Like does it want Yato to die? I thought that they teasingly didn't get along but he knows full well that Yato doesn't have a lot of worshipers... That's seriously messed up.

I liked the Yato Ebisu moments, so funny~ I want to see more of Yukine soon, get ride of that Nora already.

Nov 27, 2015 10:52 AM

Nov 2014
Hiyori had been impured. OMG. Why that freaky guy kissed her after a day out.
Nov 27, 2015 11:02 AM

May 2013
Gooooossh it really happened. And that Yato/Ebisu moments LOL
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 27, 2015 11:09 AM

Jul 2013
darn you trash nobody kisses my Hiyori other than Yato.

other than that it was a good episode.
Nov 27, 2015 11:11 AM

Mar 2014
My reaction was literally "how DARE you"
Nov 27, 2015 11:20 AM
Mar 2010
It's here. This episode was so painful to go through, in a good but bad way. I knew the end was coming, I've known it for months, but I HATE YOU FUJISAKI! For you guys hating him for kissing Hiyori, that's just the tip of the iceberg, people. Poor Yato. Poor Hiyori.

DeeIsMe said:
I can already tell that this new dude is a potential Best Boy.

Best boy indeed. Best boy for PUNCHING. And I mean PUNCH HIS GUTS OUT.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Nov 27, 2015 11:24 AM

Jan 2014
Damn I knew he was going to kiss Hiyori! Ahh noo...
Nov 27, 2015 11:28 AM

Jun 2014
Damn it looks like Hiyori is forgetting about Yato. And this asshole pretty boy swooping in and kissing her isn't helping. Hurry Yato, get back to your true love!

phoenixalia said:
For you guys hating him for kissing Hiyori, that's just the tip of the iceberg, people.

Well I look forward to seeing how Fujisaki makes himself look like even more of a douche.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 27, 2015 11:29 AM

Dec 2014
OK so what about hiyori X Yato. Was kinda rooting for them. What will happen to them. Feel dim altogether
Nov 27, 2015 11:29 AM
May 2015
even deatth is nnnot ennough for this bboy
Nov 27, 2015 11:30 AM

Mar 2014
holy hell that silence after the kiss was so dramatic and perfect i almost screamed out of anger and frustration. noras actually pretty likeable her water powers cool.
Nov 27, 2015 11:34 AM

Aug 2013
One of the saddest episode.

eXtacy67 said:
No my Hiyori will definitely not end up with this random dude or ill riot. Besides that great episode as usual! Sick adventure to the underworld.

And this! :( wtf it was :|
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 27, 2015 11:35 AM

Dec 2014
That adventure in the Underworld was really cool. Yato and Ebisu's interaction were really fun to see, Especially the fight and Ebisu using Nora xD.

Loved the Izanami Hiyori, She was awesome :P, Really wanna see how strong the Queen of the underworld is.

Hiyori seems to forgetting about Yato. Is it because he's been away for so long and the fact that he's a lesser known God? So unless Yato keeps in contact often people will eventually forget him? Perhaps that was the whole reason behind Ebisu questioning Yato about dissappearing?

Meanwhile.... THAT ENDING !!! (Wth?!!). That guy kissed her when they had just met that day and especially when she was clearly disturbed. Just sad!! How the heck did he even come to that conclusion?!

Well I hope Yato comes back and gets the Yato x Hiyori Ship sailing again. It was still an awesome episode though.
Nov 27, 2015 11:39 AM

Nov 2015
Nagirah said:
Hahahahaha that trash, you don´t just kiss Hiyori like that. As a manga reader I'm in so much pain, because I know worst is yet to come.

Worst ?! Whaddya mean by worst ?! For me this is as worse as
If there is something worst coming so i'm definetly going to...Mmmmm....maybe cry or commit suicide Naah That's too much. Anyway, hope you're just kidding hehehe ^-^
Nov 27, 2015 11:40 AM

Aug 2014
I still dont know where they want to end the anime.There is just too much stuff before Ebisu's divine punishment.
Nov 27, 2015 11:49 AM

Dec 2014
I just want to punch that guy so hard... How I hate NTR
Nov 27, 2015 11:53 AM

Jul 2014
For the manga readers.. does that mean hiyori forgets yato and goes out with the guy and does this and that?.. cause if that's the case I'm stopping the anime.. I felt soooooo heartbroken when the kiss scene silence happened... oh my god..
Nov 27, 2015 11:53 AM

Jan 2012
I was surprised Ebisu could call Hiiro even though she was already transformed as Hiki...
Being a Nora sure can be dangerous for the master oO
Nov 27, 2015 11:55 AM

Jul 2015
Am I the only one who thought that, Hiyori's hair style looked weird?
Nov 27, 2015 11:59 AM

Aug 2014
Chartemis said:
For the manga readers.. does that mean hiyori forgets yato and goes out with the guy and does this and that?.. cause if that's the case I'm stopping the anime.. I felt soooooo heartbroken when the kiss scene silence happened... oh my god..

Nov 27, 2015 12:02 PM
Nov 2015
i hate that episode i dont care about cool stuff the thing i care is that basterd kissed hyuri and that i cant expect from creator if u ask me its totally sucks and bye bye noragami that was last episode of noragami for me and like me many fans quitting noragami only because of that kiss so u have only choice to re-edit the ep
Nov 27, 2015 12:03 PM

Dec 2014
Lol, he kissed her.

I still like Nora more than Hiyori.
Nov 27, 2015 12:03 PM

Jul 2014
Truth4Lies said:
Chartemis said:

But before that.. doesn't hiyori gets interested in that guy?... man.. idk I'm trying to continue with the manga cause I can't wait till next week.. so does anyone wanna tell me what chapter and volume ep 9 ended at? (First time trying to read manga so thorough explanation please)
Nov 27, 2015 12:04 PM

Nov 2015
Not sure I like where this is going...
Nov 27, 2015 12:11 PM

Apr 2015
Chartemis said:
Truth4Lies said:

But before that.. doesn't hiyori gets interested in that guy?... man.. idk I'm trying to continue with the manga cause I can't wait till next week.. so does anyone wanna tell me what chapter and volume ep 9 ended at? (First time trying to read manga so thorough explanation please)

It ends at chapter 30, you're better off starting at the beginning or at least chapter 26 or so for the beginning of this arc.
Nov 27, 2015 12:16 PM

Jul 2014
Right, so Yato's been gone, what, a month or so? And yet Hiyori has basically forgotten him and Yukine completely already? I'm sorry, but I'm calling bullshit on that. It just seems like a very cheap means of creating unnecessary drama with that random guy.

On the bright side, seeing Yato and Ebisu working together like that was pretty cool and funny, even if it is most likely a terrible idea to help Ebisu with whatever he's planning like that. Also interesting how Yato felt betrayal at Nora also serving Ebisu in that fight.
Nov 27, 2015 12:17 PM

Aug 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
Damn it looks like Hiyori is forgetting about Yato. And this asshole pretty boy swooping in and kissing her isn't helping. Hurry Yato, get back to your true love!

phoenixalia said:
For you guys hating him for kissing Hiyori, that's just the tip of the iceberg, people.

Well I look forward to seeing how Fujisaki makes himself look like even more of a douche.

To be honest I think this season will end before we see most of that. Maybe they'll fit one thing (chapter 39, people), but that's all. So you, anime only people's won't really see a thing. So don't trust people saying that you'll do. :)
Nov 27, 2015 12:26 PM
Aug 2015
azy1999 said:
That shit-like BASTARD, how dare he kiss Hiyori when she's suffering and while Yato is working hard to return back.
He needs to die, that's right, die, die, DIE, DIE, DIIIIIIIIIE YOU FREAK BASTARD

he sure does........................nooooooo hiyori first kiss should´ve been with yato..... but did they really kiss?? or they just got real close but in the next episode she will push him away or something,,,, someone read the manga??????????????????????????????????
Nov 27, 2015 12:26 PM

Aug 2014
So... that's why this arc's supposed be even better than the Bishamon one? Because of the supposed NTR that screwed with a massive part of the fandom? Meh. The guy has all the right to kiss her, as far as he knows she's single and it was an arranged date. Although, from what I'm reading he's not just any innocent guy, so I may be wrong. Either way, Yato and Hiyori don't really work as a couple, imo.

Still, episode was enjoyable to say the least. Ebisu is awesome. Izanami was terrifying, though I question an underworld god wanting friends. Oh, well, those centipedes made up for it.

4/5

I can't get over how maliciously adorable Nora is. Like a Hello Kitty... only not quite as nice.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Nov 27, 2015 12:31 PM

Apr 2015
I was quite shocked with that ending, I mean when Yato said he didnt want to be forgotten i thought something was going to happen, but not like this...
Nov 27, 2015 12:33 PM

Feb 2015
danieltortoisee said:
Right, so Yato's been gone, what, a month or so? And yet Hiyori has basically forgotten him and Yukine completely already? I'm sorry, but I'm calling bullshit on that. It just seems like a very cheap means of creating unnecessary drama with that random guy.

It's been probably more than a month. The living are quick to forget Gods/Regalias (unless it's a very like God with Ebisu or Bishamon). We saw it happen with Suzuha and that girl, and we also saw it last episode with Manabu, the kid from Season 1 who got bullied and forgot about Yato.

Maledict said:
So... that's why this arc's supposed be even better than the Bishamon one? Because of the supposed NTR that screwed with a massive part of the fandom? Meh.

LOL. Wait for it. The arc just got started.
Noragami reading/watching order: http://blessedyuki.tumblr.com/noragami-guide

"2016 will be the year of Sanji" - Eiichiro Oda
Nov 27, 2015 12:33 PM

Aug 2014
Maledict said:
So... that's why this arc's supposed be even better than the Bishamon one? Because of the supposed NTR that screwed with a massive part of the fandom? Meh. The guy has all the right to kiss her, as far as he knows she's single and it was an arranged date. Although, from what I'm reading he's not just any innocent guy, so I may be wrong. Either way, Yato and Hiyori don't really work as a couple, imo.

Haha, I agree with every word. I'm also not particularly big fan of YatoxHiyori, and I always preferred Bishamon arc over Ebisu arc.

To manga readers, is it only me, or is anime really pushing it more towards YatoxHiyori than manga did? I haven't read these chapters in a while, so I might be wrong.
Nov 27, 2015 12:34 PM

Jan 2012
You know show, when I said I wanted more Hiyori it wasn't so we could see her get amnesia, again, one of my least favorite plot devices. Nor was it for romance with some random guy. As far as Yato's journey in hell goes he just seems so pathetic captured by Nora like that, and while they gave a good reason for it the lackadaisical response from everyone around him is very frustrating to watch. That's the word I'd use to describe this season, frustrating.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2015

192 by Siigma777 »»
Mar 17, 10:03 PM

» Im getting too old for this anime

DatajI - Mar 9

9 by Fenyy »»
Mar 9, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2015

412 by TheAnimeWeeb101 »»
Feb 25, 2:05 PM

» Is there going to be a next Season for this series, because it is really great?

m_vahhaaj - Oct 5, 2023

27 by animejas »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:34 PM

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2015

198 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.