Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 29, 2015 10:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah so the episode is a continuation of the previous. I guess this is more like a multi-arc. Gotta feel sorry for Hazama and his friends for getting captured...and abused.

I wouldn't be surprised if those guys faced war crimes.

A lot of manservice again this episode :o
Seriously though, I can't believe they beat up the girl too. That's just wrong. Gotta love the survival themes this episode as I thought it took on a new level. They did a decent job highlighting the operation too imo.
Oct 29, 2015 9:47 PM

Aug 2013
Well the manservice is a bit excessive this time
Oct 30, 2015 3:52 AM

Feb 2015
Good episode tho. the surgery was a little bit amazing.
and watching a girl being tortured isn't my taste , so i don't really like the scene. it was just wrong to beat up the girl. well , usually in reality , she will get raped, but thank god this is an anime
Oct 30, 2015 2:28 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The manservice was strong in this one. The operation was somewhat entertaining. So they hurt women too :/

4/5
Oct 30, 2015 10:43 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Everything from the interrogations (I felt so bad for Hazama and Phan) to their escape to Hazama's past was really intense and interesting and the reunion with Yabu and seeing his growth as a character was really sweet

However the second half with that American doctor was awesome and I am very impressed with his skills and his personality is freaking GREAT

Looks like he's going to be a rival or a friend but either way I like it and I want to see more of him

Great episode and I'm glad to see that everyone is okay now
TokoyaOct 30, 2015 10:51 PM
Oct 30, 2015 11:07 PM

May 2015
I can imagine the fangrls internally screaming . . . it was too much for me gek
Oct 30, 2015 11:20 PM
Jul 2018
It was sad to see a girl got tortured in this episode!
Oct 30, 2015 11:31 PM

Jun 2015
Cocky medic seems like a nice guy with tons of med knowledge. Glad they managed to escape and give med attention to the injured.
Also seems like Yabu overcame his fear of blood, which is a plus.

Oct 30, 2015 11:34 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Tohka_Yatogami said:
It was sad to see a girl got tortured in this episode!

And not Hazama, who got kicked everywhere? :P (what I mean is that it's sad to see anyone get tortured)

We get some background in this episode with Hazama and what he had to suffer through after his surgery, and it seems like Honma, his doctor, even wrote a book about Hazama's struggles. Even though it was years ago, it's no wonder Hazama was "used to" this.

Nice introduction on the new doctor, who seems obsessed with saving people, or maybe it's obsession with operating on people, can't tell yet. Looks like Hazama has a lot he could learn from the American doctor. The doctor was curious about Hazama's scar too, I wonder why?
Oct 30, 2015 11:47 PM

Sep 2014
Didn't notice the manservice in the last episode people brought it up, but yeah it was certainly prevalent in this one.
That scene when Hazama was drinking and the guy was watching him at the end was almost laughable.
Oct 31, 2015 12:05 AM

Jun 2014
Felt bad for Hazama and the others dealing with the torture in this episode. At least they made it out of there.

It was also interesting to learn a little about Hazama's past. And this new guy seems likable already, so I look forward to seeing him more.

The manservice in this episode probably had the fujoshis screaming. Especially at the end when the new guy was just staring at Hazama drinking, that made me uncomfortable for some reason.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 31, 2015 12:11 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
YW said:
That scene when Hazama was drinking and the guy was watching him at the end was almost laughable.

thebrentinator24 said:

Especially at the end when the new guy was just staring at Hazama drinking, that made me uncomfortable for some reason.

The doctor was actually looking at Hazama's scars, as he was about to ask Hazama about his scars, but stopped in the middle of his sentence. But yeah, it could easily be taken the wrong way X)

Oct 31, 2015 12:13 AM

Feb 2014
S
Oct 31, 2015 12:14 AM

Feb 2014
Still in Vietnam, and a new character joins. Episode was fine.
Oct 31, 2015 12:39 AM

Jul 2012
Lol at how they were interrogating Hazama, they kept saying "American?" but he keeps saying no so why don't they just ask from were is he instead of repeating the same word? Still I felt bad for him and the others.

Tokoya said:
However the second half with that American doctor was awesome and I am very impressed with his skills and his personality is freaking GREAT

Looks like he's going to be a rival or a friend but either way I like it and I want to see more of him

I really liked that character and can't wait to see them operate together.
Oct 31, 2015 3:08 AM
Aug 2012
Tevens said:
and watching a girl being tortured isn't my taste , so i don't really like the scene. it was just wrong to beat up the girl. well , usually in reality , she will get raped, but thank god this is an anime

Is seeing a guy getting tortured more to your taste? I mean you phrased this really oddly. Atleast the girl got out when the torture just started, they didn't leave Hazama alone until he fainted. But I was shocked too that they didn't want to spare the women either, not only because of XX but also cuz she was one of their own country-fellow. Guess no mercy for the traitor.

tingy said:

The doctor was curious about Hazama's scar too, I wonder why?

Wouldn't you be? I sure as hell would be curious if I see someone sporting the look Hazama sports.
KarshiOct 31, 2015 3:12 AM
Oct 31, 2015 3:21 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Karshi said:

tingy said:

The doctor was curious about Hazama's scar too, I wonder why?

Wouldn't you be? I sure as hell would be curious if I see someone sporting the look Hazama sports.

Haha true. I meant it more as in if he had any other meaning behind asking Hazama that question, such as maybe who operated it on Hazama.
Oct 31, 2015 3:32 AM

Jun 2013
never seen a doctor that exited to be dropped off into a battlefield and damn those torture scenes
Oct 31, 2015 5:28 AM
Jul 2018
Ugh, that torture... Hazama became someone that must be protected at all costs. He's beyond precious.

The new doc is a professional. I have a feeling that he, Hazama & Yabu gonna be the dream-team surgery trio.
Oct 31, 2015 5:38 AM

Feb 2015

Kiriko's quite the dedicated doctor. Parachuting just to get to his patients on time.

Damn, that torture scene was hard to watch. Poor Kazama. ;__; Even worse when it happen to Phan.
I'm glad that she wasn't raped though bec that's usually what happens to female prisoners of war.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2015 5:56 AM
Jul 2018
thebrentinator24 said:
The manservice in this episode probably had the fujoshis screaming. Especially at the end when the new guy was just staring at Hazama drinking, that made me uncomfortable for some reason.

The same thought cross my mind while watching those scenes. I'm ok with the manservice; but this probably pleases them. After all, that's why they're watching this series for.
Oct 31, 2015 7:43 AM

Aug 2015
Cyborg 009 cameo in episode 4 and 5 xD
Oct 31, 2015 8:10 AM

Apr 2011
Now this episode was intense, probably the best so far.
The torture scene was great, better than I expected considering I thought it would be way more censored. The guy was really having the time of his life while beating up BJ.

And the things felt real. I mean, BJ even puked bc of the pain, the other guy wetted himself, and then there was that infected wound, they even showed the vermin. These things are gross, but I'm glad they were included. The only thing missing was a bit of blood, I don't understand why they insist in not showing blood after all the other stuff.

And Kiriko!!! I'm so happy to see him. His personality seemed to be different from what I had imagined for his youth so I was kinda scared, but in the end it was really good! I'm curious to see a bit more of his past, the experiences that made him become what he is in the original series, but idk if they're gonna show this in the anime, it's only 12 episodes after all.

And yeah, the manservice was really strong in this one. So was the foe yay/ho yay between Kiriko and BJ. Well, I'm not complaining. (even tho I don't really ship them)
Oct 31, 2015 8:13 AM
Sep 2015
The story telling is just perfect in this.
YBJ seems to be getting his harem of men slowly ;-)
Oct 31, 2015 8:49 AM

Sep 2014
autumn- said:
The story telling is just perfect in this.
YBJ seems to be getting his harem of men slowly ;-)

Well that's an interesting way to put it.
Oct 31, 2015 10:57 AM

Oct 2015
yuliyana29 said:
thebrentinator24 said:

The same thought cross my mind while watching those scenes. I'm ok with the manservice; but this probably pleases them. After all, that's why they're watching this series for.

I seriously feel offended by this because well I do enjoy manservice but I havent paid that much attention to it in Young Black Jack. It doesnt interest me that much in this show and this also goes for the boys love. Of course I can's speak for everyone but I dont think that fujoshis are watching it bc of that.
I can watch this show and enjoy it even without thinking thats BL

Sorry if that sounds too angry but I think that this is unjustified :/
Oct 31, 2015 11:42 AM

Mar 2015
Shouldn't we get over the man service issue already?

I do have little cringe but actually I don't mind if It doesn't ruin the show.

Anyway, gotta love those medical convenient thingy, especially that new over the top Kiriko.
KotobakayaroOct 31, 2015 12:45 PM

Oct 31, 2015 12:32 PM

Jun 2014
Shiroharu said:
yuliyana29 said:

I seriously feel offended by this because well I do enjoy manservice but I havent paid that much attention to it in Young Black Jack. It doesnt interest me that much in this show and this also goes for the boys love. Of course I can's speak for everyone but I dont think that fujoshis are watching it bc of that.

I'm not saying every female is watching this because of the manservice, I just wanted to point out that there was a fair amount in this episode. Even as a guy, I personally don't mind the manservice. As long as the anime doesn't start focusing on that more than the actual story, I have no problems with it.

Oct 31, 2015 12:43 PM

Jun 2014
Seeing Kiriko without an eyepatch isn't right, but you can still definitely tell it's him by his actions.

I guess Hazama still trusts him at his point, their ideologies still haven't clashed.

Overall great episode, wonder how long this arc will be?
Oct 31, 2015 1:21 PM

Aug 2011
I really can see why this series has gotten so much attention. Getting so many animation. Good, I like this series.
Oct 31, 2015 1:24 PM

Aug 2011
Jerkhov said:

I guess Hazama still trusts him at his point, their ideologies still haven't clashed.

Of course he trust him at this point. they just met and the skills displayed were really something. Maybe in the next episode we will see what led to the tension be the two.
Oct 31, 2015 1:39 PM

Oct 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
Shiroharu said:

I'm not saying every female is watching this because of the manservice, I just wanted to point out that there was a fair amount in this episode. Even as a guy, I personally don't mind the manservice. As long as the anime doesn't start focusing on that more than the actual story, I have no problems with it.

Yes, I agree that there was definitely a big amount this episode and I also hope that they wont put their focus on that bc it would disturb the show.
And again I am really sorry if I attacked you, I think I overreacted a bit but I am always so angry whenever I read somethink like "fujoshis just watch it bc of manservice". It happens so often! D:
Oct 31, 2015 2:28 PM

Mar 2013
This show is so far up America's ass that it's honestly embarrassing.

Also why does every skinny ass gross looking overly bishie guy in this look like he's been corset training for decades, I'm convinced whoever wrote this has never actually seen another human being before. The """"manservice"""" is really gross anyway, not on one of those boring "it offends me!!!!" tirades no one actually cares about, but on a "it's actually making me feel a lil sick" level. I'd be more up for it if he wasn't so FUCKING WEIRD LOOKING. Original older dilf Black Jack was hot, particularly in the OVAs. How did they manage to fuck up so bad????????
Oct 31, 2015 2:31 PM

Jun 2014
straggy said:
I'd be more up for it if he wasn't so FUCKING WEIRD LOOKING. Original older dilf Black Jack was hot, particularly in the OVAs. How did they manage to fuck up so bad????????

I just dislike how Hazama is the only one really who got redesigned greatly, it's creepy seeing people with huge noses and comical Tezuka faces, while Black Jack completely looks like he's from a different series entirely.
Oct 31, 2015 2:40 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Shiroharu said:
thebrentinator24 said:

Yes, I agree that there was definitely a big amount this episode and I also hope that they wont put their focus on that bc it would disturb the show.
And again I am really sorry if I attacked you, I think I overreacted a bit but I am always so angry whenever I read somethink like "fujoshis just watch it bc of manservice". It happens so often! D:

Nah I don't think you overreacted, I was offended too, I especially don't enjoy watching men get tortured, and that was probably the most "manservice" part in this episode. Every other shot was just simple just Hazama and the others not having shirts on. If they took off Phan's shirt, would it be fanservice? I simple saw it fitting to their current situation and nothing more. I was felt bad for the Hazama and co. rather than being mesmerized by their muscles.

And also, yuliyana29 did say "After all, that's why they're watching this series for." So your reaction is not wrong. I've read three volumes of the manga and they don't make any sort of fanservice the main focus. If I'm correct at where the anime will end, you will not be seeing anymore topless Hazama.
tingyOct 31, 2015 3:02 PM
Oct 31, 2015 2:57 PM

Jun 2014
tingy said:
Shiroharu said:

Nah I don't think you overreacted, I was offended too, I especially don't enjoy watching men get tortured, and that was probably the most "manservice" part in this episode. Every other shot was just simple just Hazama and the others not having shirts on. If they took off Phan's shirt, would it be fanservice? I simple saw it fitting to their current situation and nothing more. I was felt bad for the Hazama and co. rather than being mesmerized by their muscles.

And also, thebrentinator24 did say "After all, that's why they're watching this series for." So your reaction is not wrong, but he did backtrack and said that that's not what he entirely meant. But anyways, no worries males of this thread, I've read three volumes of the manga and they don't make any sort of fanservice the main focus. If I'm correct at where the anime will end, you will not be seeing anymore topless Hazama.

It was actually the person who responded to me, yuliyana29, who said that the fujoshis are only watching for the manservice.

Oct 31, 2015 3:00 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Oh I'm sorry about that, I'll fix it :) I apologize for misreading!
Oct 31, 2015 4:06 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Usually i don't pay attention to manservice but this episode ... holy fuckin shit.
Manservice, manservice everywhere.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 31, 2015 8:10 PM

Jul 2011
I am scared to where this may be going, this is like one step behind and will become fujoshi heaven.
Oct 31, 2015 8:19 PM

Jun 2014
YW said:
ikr i've had strong Yaoi vibes during that scene he was looking at Hazama like "Hmm , He's so sexy when he's drinking" XD
Nov 1, 2015 1:42 AM

May 2015
such a slow pace
Nov 1, 2015 2:05 AM

May 2012
Not wearing shirts is manservice ?! LOL

People who makes these comments are probably gays in denial.

Tevens said:

Most people these days believe in equality between men and woman. So, women should get equal beating to men
Nov 1, 2015 2:35 AM

Oct 2015
tingy said:

Thank you. I saw it that way too thats why I was saying I havent paid that much attention to it because it fitted the situation and didnt seem as manservice for me.
But anyhow I enjoyed the episode because it was so intense
Nov 1, 2015 4:14 AM

Mar 2013
Jerkhov said:
straggy said:
I'd be more up for it if he wasn't so FUCKING WEIRD LOOKING. Original older dilf Black Jack was hot, particularly in the OVAs. How did they manage to fuck up so bad????????

I just dislike how Hazama is the only one really who got redesigned greatly, it's creepy seeing people with huge noses and comical Tezuka faces, while Black Jack completely looks like he's from a different series entirely.

Oh my God yes, I feel this. Especially that kid's parents, the one that got hit by the train in episode 1? His dad was so outlandish, it's just such a mess of styles. It really feels so much like whoever was in charge of this redesign really wanted to project a load of their weirdass fetishes onto Black Jack but then remembered at the last second that it's someone else's work and just threw a collage of background characters they cut out from the original manga behind his weird shirtless body in some sort of attempt to honour the show's roots.
Nov 1, 2015 5:44 AM

Sep 2014
Good episode and the other doctor finally makes an appearance. He seems cool. But I still can't get used to Hazama's face. .-.
Nov 1, 2015 9:10 PM
Jul 2018
Samii said:
Lol at how they were interrogating Hazama, they kept saying "American?" but he keeps saying no so why don't they just ask from were is he instead of repeating the same word? Still I felt bad for him and the others.

Yeah I was like... so you gonna ask where he is from or? Hazama are you going to tell them you are from glorious Nippon? Pretty good anime/episode. Doesn't seem like many people are watching this currently but it's one of the more enjoyable of this season so far.
Nov 1, 2015 11:36 PM

Mar 2012
Not sure how a dude being shirtless while being tortured is considered manservice lol.

Good stuff, seems like Hazama isn't the only genius around anymore.
Nov 2, 2015 5:12 AM

Jun 2013
Shiroharu said:
tingy said:

Thank you. I saw it that way too thats why I was saying I havent paid that much attention to it because it fitted the situation and didnt seem as manservice for me.
But anyhow I enjoyed the episode because it was so intense

This. I'm bisexual and have been with both men and women intimately and I have not found a single moment in Young Black Jack arousing or hot at all.

I don't enjoy yaoi that much, I prefer yuri but there are some yaoi series that I've enjoyed in the past. Still, as I watch YBJ, contrary to popular and stupid belief I'm not shipping Hazama with any of the other shirtless men in the series just because they're fucking shirtless.

These insecure boys in MAL bitching about the "manservice" (who coined that retarded word anyway?) are overreacting. It's a FUCKING WAR, dipshits. You expect everyone to be clothed 24/7? Would these idiots complain if it was a girl who was topless and beaten? Nope, because that would've been acceptable to see tits and ass on a girl but they immediately cry tears of blood whenever a guy is shirtless.

If we're going by this logic then DRAGON BALL Z's, ONE PIECE's and BLEACH's shirtless scenes were all made "simply to satisfy fujoshis," right? Ugh.

Also people saying they were uncomfortable seeing Phan get tortured, then you shouldn't be watching this series or any war-themed Anime or manga. In actual war, women are treated worse. They get raped, spit on, murdered, etc. Every orifice in their body is used for pleasure, torture and cruelty.

Hazama and his male companions being tortured while bring shirtless does not equal manservice, Jesus Fucking Christ. Their captor's intent was to humiliate and torture them to the point they admit and submit. Obviously, very few people here know what actually happens in a war.
臭い-
Nov 2, 2015 6:04 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The torture scenes, pretty hard to watch. I like how they depict the violence.

The new doctor seems to be pretty awesome and skilled and he acknowledged Hazama in the end.
Nov 2, 2015 7:46 AM

Oct 2014
Indirect kiss between males..
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Thoughts on Young Black Jack

Hydre_Ito - Sep 19, 2020

4 by removed-user »»
Nov 10, 2022 6:21 AM

Poll: » Young Black Jack Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2015

74 by Delgear »»
Nov 11, 2021 2:25 PM

Poll: » Young Black Jack Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2015

50 by gl1tchedshad0ws »»
Jul 22, 2021 5:19 PM

Poll: » Young Black Jack Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2015

125 by gl1tchedshad0ws »»
Jul 20, 2021 4:49 PM

Poll: » Young Black Jack Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2015

192 by gl1tchedshad0ws »»
Jul 19, 2021 7:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.