Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 26, 2015 2:40 AM

Mar 2010
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

But hey who cares about that let's make a typical "Boy meets girl, shit happens, boy says some cool lines without trying to make the meaning clear followed by some cheap light shows that can barely be called proper fights and girl falls for the boy" show and make a shitty advertisement. That's how AMA fanfi..............err adaptation looks to me. Why did Ouka make a complete 180 in the anime again?

Except that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying all of characterization is standard and 90% is in the anime. Ep 1 & 2 in the anime were about exact same thing as their equivalents in LN and manga just faster. That is a fact. If the anime was random boy meets girls than the LN was no different. I could careless about your nitpicking. Franking you seem pointless crap like very last half of Einhejar despite it being entirely pointless and nothing like ever happening effecting consistent of other similar fights.

They don't need to be word per word but that doesn't make it bad either. Not everyone is an action junkie as people like slow-paced adaptations like Log Horizon as well. And it's funny how you are calling out on Asterisk since Heavy Object, Asterisk and Rakudai have been pretty good adaptations and well received unless you count the typical "LN-hater bandwagon", "Why no Index S3" or "Rakudai is better than Asterisk" groupies. Even with a few changes and re-ordering of events, the main points were still intact and the actions were pretty good. While not being perfect, the are pretty good adaptations unlike AMA. Well i should be happy that i at least got to see 3 good adaptations out of the 4 i was excited about.

A slow paced so-called boring adaptation is much better and much more preferable to me than some high-paced shitty adaptation that are plaguing the anime world. I am seriously tired of telling people that anime today still has potential when my own faith is wavering little by little.

And that's your problem. To begin with nobody makes a adaptation bad on purpose nor does adaptation being slower or faster make bad. For example the 2nd season of Noragami is moving much quicker than manga counterpart did to point we are already hit a season-like finale in ep 4 and it still manages build up characterization and development well without being slow and filling it's low points with harem cliches and ecchi like most LN adaptation. So what does that mean? You can brisk pacing and good development without need to slow things down or mass infodumping if you have good writing. That is why stuff like Asterisk is mediocre and getting dropped in 3 episodes rather than something like Iron-Blooded Orphans. That's kind of pacing AMA has right now, at least far as episode 3 goes and lot of people are liking it despite the cuts even if you don't.

Adapting 5 volumes in 12 episode and having a good pace is quite impossible but if they are cutting the fights short and making them look like trash similar to episode 2 for good pacing reasons then that's great. Btw this isn't just my personal feelings and i don't see many people saying this is a good adaption. Looks like some ln readers already gave up on the show and more will follow if the next episode shows the same level of SUPERB(?) fighting.

It's not impossible and most anime only viewers liked the fight episode 2, the blunt of the whining came for LN readers like yourself as per usual. The only thing was cut from the fight in ep 2 was the very end and if you say the rest of the battle was bad because of that than entire would be shit regardless.

It isn't emphasizing the best aspects of the story either other than some comedy or fanservice aspects and the action was messed up. Feel free to think that it's good, that's your right. It can also be enjoyed when you know the blanks from reading the LN. But it isn't doing the source any justice......

That your opinion, for most part you seem to care about action and more being that everything wasn't like in the source. It's just typical whining so and so being different so sucks that sources do without ever paying attention to what kind of medium this. TV unlike a book has finite time and slots. It's rarely ever possible to include everything.

I will just repeat myself.......as the LN is near it's end they could have took it slow and made a good adaptation for all 12-13 volumes with 2-3 seasons. But since they are going to make a mediocre (and possibly) butchered adaption of volume 1-9........the chance of another season is non-existent.

The 3 volume adaptation for series would be suck because it would be fill with even more fanservice than it is, and none of those volumes are good for resolution of the plot, just minor arcs. The anime is pretty much the best the parts of v those volumes and still keeping most characterization intact. This could have been so much worse, but the anime has been doing a good presenting the material focusing on strong interaction between the characters. Besides n the end the point if majority of people are still enjoy the anime regardless of how more fluff the source had more then adaptation is fine and SL isn't not going to change what has been working for them. You don't have to like it, but don't stop others from doing so just because your bitter.

BTW they aren't doing 9 volumes, that was mistranslation. SL is 5 volumes were which is only real good to actually adapt this because of the books were structured..
Iron_MawOct 26, 2015 5:53 AM
Oct 26, 2015 5:47 AM

Mar 2013
Lol. The Ouka hate... I don't really get why hate a character that you don't even understand his or her characterization in full. The character's backstory, personality, reasons for his/her personality, resolution and developments. Unjustified hatred and most hilarious of all is the hate for her is simply because of trivial matters such as annoying or I hate her cuz she hates Mari when:

All heroines are lovable but I see Ouka as the heroine with the biggest potential for character development and the one who actually has good character chemistry with the MC. It's okay to like a character with personal opinions, but it is the hating and then dissing part where things gets all unreasonable and inconsiderate when there are bunch of others who actually like those characters. It's as if you're asking for an argument which most of us try to avoid. *sigh* If the hate for Ouka is this strong, then haters probably won't stand her in her future character developments where it is needed for her to be a bit bitchy/violent/fiery because of her hatred for evil people and of course, the witch that she wants to kill.
Azai-kunOct 26, 2015 5:52 AM
Oct 26, 2015 5:58 AM

Mar 2010
I don't get some of the hate for Ouka either. Animosity towards Mari is rash sure, but it understandable where it comes from. And as she said before, she doesn't hate Mari herself, just existence of magic which has ruin much of her life and has done lots of terrible things. She is slowly coming around to at least accepting Mari magic somewhat.
Oct 26, 2015 7:41 AM
Aug 2012
Jagd84 said:

Except that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying all of characterization is standard and 95% is in the anime. Ep 1 & 2 in the anime were about exact same thing as their equivalents in LN and manga just faster. That is a fact. If the anime was random boy meets girls than the LN was no different. I could careless about your nitpicking. Franking you seem pointless crap like very last half of Einhejar despite it being entirely pointless and nothing like ever happening effecting consistent of other similar fights.

You seem to care quite a lot about my nitpicking and pointless carp contrary to what you are saying. Episode 1 & 2 weren't the exact same thing. Ouka's backstory wasn't properly shown and Takeru's abilities weren't properly explained which is DAMN important and now it will look like some cool flashy moves. The eihenjar fight could have been pretty good if properly done but that was trash even if we don't compare it to the LN. I will just forget about how people were confused about some other events as well. Feel free to believe your own crap the anime doing the exact same thing, i have my right to disagree with good reasons.

Jagd84 said:

And that's your problem. To begin with nobody makes a adaptation bad on purpose nor does adaptation being slower or faster make bad. The 2nd season of Noragami is moving much quicker than manga counter part did to point we are already hit of season like finale and manages build up characterization and development well without being slow and filling it's low points with harem cliches and ecchi like most LN adaptation. So what means? You can brisk pacing and good development without need to slow things down or mass infodumping if you have good writing. That was stuff like Asterisk is mediocre is getting dropped in 3 episodes rather than something like Iron-Blooded Orphans. That's kind of pacing AMA has right now, at least far as episode 3 goes and lot of people are liking it even if you don't.

Most LN and manga adaptations turn out rushed or plain bad because of the lack of effort and rushing and those could have been some good shows if they had slower pace and the staff didn't try to make them into their own fanfictions.

Yes Noragami is doing well with good development and characterization. So? AMA already messed up on the characterization part with Ouka and Takeru. Fast forwarding and cutting important scenes doesn't make it good and anime-only viewers already noticed that it's rushed and some events are confusing without someone telling them. You are free to believe otherwise........

I don't know why you keep bringing up Asterisk when it did a good job adapting the first volume even with some things cut. Other than the typical crowd i mentioned before, i don't see too many people dropping it either. AMA has bad pacing issue, like it or not.......continuously bringing up Asterisk as an example isn't going to help your case. Tokyo Ravens which similarly adapted 9 volumes in 24 episodes had a much better pacing and did a pretty good job.

Jagd84 said:

Most anime only viewers liked the fight episode 2 though, the blunt whining came for LN readers like yourself as per usual. The only thing was cut was the very end and if say was bad because of that than entire would be shit regardless.

Please don't make me laugh.......that fight was bad and it wasn't even the cg. Even the design shows that they are cutting corners so that they don't have to change it too much later on. While Ouka's fight was more or less okay, Takeru's entire fight was mostly changed and just messed up. Especially the part after he got the armor, that looked like 2 kids swinging sticks at each other. Keep deluding yourself that the fight is okay and anything said otherwise is just whining.

Jagd84 said:

That your opinion, for most part you seem to care about action and more being that everything wasn't like in the source. It's just typical whining so and so being different so sucks that sources do without ever paying attention to what kind of medium this.

It's also your opinion that those parts omitted or changed doesn't matter and the show is doing okay. Btw i don't know how did you get the idea that i mostly care about action when i have complains about characterization, expositions and action. It does suck because it's not really looking like a adaptation but a badly done advertisement.

Jagd84 said:

The 3 volume adaptation for series would be terrible because it would be fill with even more fanservice than it is, and none of those volumes are good for resolution. Most LN readers don't even like early much books either, but hey continue stay in your bubble if that pleases you. In the end the point if majority of people are still enjoy the anime regardless of how more fluff the source had then adaptation is fine. This what SL is doing and not going to change. You don't have to like it, but don't stop others from doing so just because your bitter.

Implying they haven't put unnecessary fanservice scene already........the fall and grab scene could have been omitted for showing Ouka's violent side instead. Those are character focused volumes that let readers know more about characters and adds to the overall story.

That "most" is also a subjective thing. Disliking is not the same as it not being important. And no SL isn't doing a fine job regardless in my opinion.

Btw if anyone stops watching after someone says that this is a bad adaptation then that's their choice. They are free to follow the show and read the LN afterwards. I only answered how good of an adaptation this was but i didn't tell them to "Stop watching this shit and read the LN" which would obviously be a good thing regardless.

Jagd84 said:

BTW they aren't doing 9 volumes, that was mistranslation. SL is 5 volumes were which is only real good to actually adapt this because of the books were structured..

As far as i know they are doing 9 volumes in 24 episodes. Are you telling me they are going to do more? Wow that would make this a total disaster, more so than it already is.

They could have also adapted 4 volumes per course with some teasers at the end of volume 4. It could have been done. Well to each his own......i am not changing my stance unless the next episode is actually good and have a proper fight.

Azai-kun said:
Lol. The Ouka hate... I don't really get why hate a character that you don't even understand his or her characterization in full. The character's backstory, personality, reasons for his/her personality, resolution and developments.

The situation would have been much better if a certain flashback scene was done properly rather than being some slide shows. Don't bet on it getting better till volume 5 or volume 7. Next episode won't change the hate too much.........
Dragon_Slayer_XOct 26, 2015 7:49 AM

Oct 26, 2015 8:36 AM

Mar 2014
ooOOOOooo nice cliffhanger at the end of this episode tbh. i already know Ohtori will lose her shit, im just wondering if Mari will be able to clear her name since her memory is gone.. kind of a shitty situation... plus im already falling for Mari <3 and the whole scene with them being on a first name basis was cute and funny. fanservice was a ++ Mari acted rather calm although she said she was embarrassed...hmmm

all the posts about the tournament being rushed... its not over, correct? that was only the first round... they now have to face that one dudes platoon probably next episode..

either way, im surprisingly liking this series more and more each episode :D

Oct 26, 2015 8:45 AM

Mar 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Azai-kun said:
Lol. The Ouka hate... I don't really get why hate a character that you don't even understand his or her characterization in full. The character's backstory, personality, reasons for his/her personality, resolution and developments.

The situation would have been much better if a certain flashback scene was done properly rather than being some slide shows. Don't bet on it getting better till volume 5 or volume 7. Next episode won't change the hate too much.........

No surprises there. I can already presume what their reactions will be in later episodes haha. Well damn, haters are getting more predictable than the anime itself. XD
Oct 26, 2015 9:21 AM

Oct 2014
Hmm... If I have to choose between developing the relationship between Mari & Ouka, and having a Mahoukka-like episode where the MC just over-powered some unknown creep characters, I would definitely choose the former.

So I think, despite the very fast pacing, this is a very good episode. It did what it has to do, introducing Mari. The cliche harem x ecchi fan-services are well-packed so that non-ecchi fans might at least laugh. And it does not stuck on one point (means it's well-concluded as an episode, with a nice end to open the next episode.)

So far, this thing is the only one that has not let down my expectation (simply because I never have a high enough expectation at first. The LN is good, is fun, but not special. And reading the LN and noticing how much money people will invest on seeing this adapted and how much time slots will be allocated on this to air will give you some sort of a realistic sadness.)
I do think, despite the butchering, the anime has been solid and honestly deserves a more positive review, especially from the fans, because: If you guys don't review it positively despite the flaws, how can people get interested to the LN?
(Like I said: I would rather have Mari introduced than Mahoukka all over again.)

Revvie-chanOct 26, 2015 9:24 AM
Oct 26, 2015 9:32 AM

Oct 2008
New char Mari introduced.
LOL at takeru double peep with Mari & Ootori but double slap also!
Takeru became Lapis's Guardian while on school and with the cover-up name Kusanagi Lapis haha!
Mari & Ootori always not on equal terms and always insult each other, this would be a hard thing to deal with especially to Takeru.
4/5.

Oct 26, 2015 9:53 AM

Feb 2011
Azai-kun said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

No surprises there. I can already presume what their reactions will be in later episodes haha. Well damn, haters are getting more predictable than the anime itself. XD

I'm seeing more love for Mari than hate for Ouka lately. Well, Ouka wasn't portrayed in the best light, so you can't expect much love.

@ Dragon_Slayer_X and Jagd84: No one is saying it's the best adaption or the worst adaptation in the world, right? I don't see the need to argue about the fact that it could've been better or worse here. Both of you can agree on that. SL adapted it this way, knowing full well there would be complaints. The complaints are mostly concerning the exposition, and not the plot itself. They pretty much chose which areas they wanted to portray most. If they wanted to portray both, something else would have to be sacrificed.

As for the action, when it comes to a story, all you really need to know is the winner. How they won is just icing on the cake unless the winner was at a disadvantage. It was pretty clear who had the advantage in episode 2 if the sword and body were unbreakable and the wielder used swordplay of the highest caliber. Takeru said it himself. No need to make the fight look all that amazing.
ReloadOct 26, 2015 10:10 AM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Oct 26, 2015 1:22 PM

Mar 2010
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

As far as i know they are doing 9 volumes in 24 episodes. Are you telling me they are going to do more? Wow that would make this a total disaster, more so than it already is.

They could have also adapted 4 volumes per course with some teasers at the end of volume 4. It could have been done. Well to each his own......i am not changing my stance unless the next episode is actually good and have a proper fight..

No wouldn't. Even in the LN and manga there was fair amount of dislike for Ouka even with an clearer. It's pretty clear what happened to her in every one of mediums, it doesn't change the fact that people don't like how Ouka directing her anger towards Mari just because she is a Witch. Ouka only became more likable once stopped doing that. She's not very likabe until then. Next episode most people will warm to her after what she does for Mari you so wrong there too.

And I'm telling your information is wrong. Read the corrected afterword in vol 10. They can only vol 1-5 in this season anyway, otherwise the show will become incoherent.

Reload said:
Azai-kun said:

I'm seeing more love for Mari than hate for Ouka lately. Well, Ouka wasn't portrayed in the best light, so you can't expect much love.

@ Dragon_Slayer_X and Jagd84: No one is saying it's the best adaption or the worst adaptation in the world, right? I don't see the need to argue about the fact that it could've been better or worse here. Both of you can agree on that. SL adapted it this way, knowing full well there would be complaints. The complaints are mostly concerning the exposition, and not the plot itself. They pretty much chose which areas they wanted to portray most. If they wanted to portray both, something else would have to be sacrificed.

As for the action, when it comes to a story, all you really need to know is the winner. How they won is just icing on the cake unless the winner was at a disadvantage. It was pretty clear who had the advantage in episode 2 if the sword and body were unbreakable and the wielder used swordplay of the highest caliber. Takeru said it himself. No need to make the fight look all that amazing.

Personally wish all the arcs were at least 3 episodes myself with slightly slower pacing so I as source reader understand. But I'm also being realistic about what they can and should cover. Fact of the matter is that main problem in animating something like AMA early on is that first few are just too character driven for the show end properly on them. Unlike animating only just volume 1-3 with more episodes, doing 1-5 gives every character some actual development, setups the plot for next phase of story and gives the first a semi-decent resolution with memorable finale. Doing only 3 volumes in this series is bad because it will just leave with you with half the cast being undeveloped and plot that barely goes anywhere.

I think SL doing their best here in regard to this problem and are making the right moves in what choose to cut and animate keeping the character heavy focus and development the first few volumes had. None of this easy is nor is being done arbitrary, you can't have a rushed adaptation turn out this decent without serious planning. But Dragon Slayer doesn't seem to understand that is using fanboyism rather than logic to attack SL because everything he wants isn't being adapted no matter how minor and that not being reasonable or fair at all. If this anime was much worse than it was perhaps I would agree but so far it's been pretty smart and you can tell trying to fit as much as possible as coherently as possible.
Oct 26, 2015 1:57 PM
Feb 2014
Jagd84 said:

Reload said:

Personally wish all the arcs were at least 3 episodes myself with slightly slower pacing so I as source reader understand. But I'm also being realistic about what they can and should cover. Fact of the matter is that main problem in animating something like AMA early on is that first few are just too character driven for the show end properly on them. Unlike animating only just volume 1-3 with more episodes, doing 1-5 gives every character some actual development, setups the plot for next phase of story and gives the first a semi-decent resolution with memorable finale. Doing only 3 volumes in this series is bad because it will just leave with you with half the cast being undeveloped and plot that barely goes anywhere.

I think SL doing their best here in regard to this problem and are making the right moves in what choose to cut and animate keeping the character heavy focus and development the first few volumes had. None of this easy is nor is being done arbitrary, you can't have a rushed adaptation turn out this decent without serious planning. But Dragon Slayer doesn't seem to understand that is using fanboyism rather than logic to attack SL because everything he wants isn't being adapted no matter how minor and that not being reasonable or fair at all. If this anime was much worse than it was perhaps I would agree but so far it's been pretty smart and you can tell trying to fit as much as possible as coherently as possible.

Thank you for seeing the whole picture :D

What you wanted, Dragon_Slayer, was a perfect anime for the LN readers; what SL is giving us is a good anime for anime-only viewers and a decent one (for me at least) for LN readers.

I said it before and I'll say it again: a perfect anime for LN readers would have failed completely for the anime-only viewers!

Let's go with the pacing: where in the novel would you have ended the first episode? Where the second and the third? How would you have put all that into 20 minutes? What would you have cut for all the scenes you wanted to see - the entire fanservice, which simply is a part of the actual novel?

Next the exact ending of each episode: till now SL did a fantastic job at proper endings for their episodes - they end on an interesting note so that viewers actually want to see the next episode to know what will happen; tell me how you would have gotten that by a slower pace? Once more, where should the first episode e. g. end to have such an interesting ending - and what will you do if you with your slower pace end one volume inmid of an episode? Doing some anime-only stuff that is usually hated by all LN readers? Cutting straight into the next novel so you would get an idiotic ending for that episode?

Most of the disappointed LN reader crowd I see for any adaptation does not even once think about the time issues animes have. Just more cries about what scene they cut out and how they suck at animating that LN.

The primary reason why Asterisk and Radukai are better received is the far bigger LN crowd voting in there - look in the announcement post of the anime: how many LN readers posted anything there? Now look at the same threads for the other 2 series and you will get your answer...
Caleb8980Oct 26, 2015 2:01 PM
Oct 26, 2015 4:17 PM

Apr 2013
Caleb8980 said:
Jagd84 said:

What you wanted, Dragon_Slayer, was a perfect anime for the LN readers; what SL is giving us is a good anime for anime-only viewers and a decent one (for me at least) for LN readers.

I said it before and I'll say it again: a perfect anime for LN readers would have failed completely for the anime-only viewers!

Let's go with the pacing: where in the novel would you have ended the first episode? Where the second and the third? How would you have put all that into 20 minutes? What would you have cut for all the scenes you wanted to see - the entire fanservice, which simply is a part of the actual novel?

Next the exact ending of each episode: till now SL did a fantastic job at proper endings for their episodes - they end on an interesting note so that viewers actually want to see the next episode to know what will happen; tell me how you would have gotten that by a slower pace? Once more, where should the first episode e. g. end to have such an interesting ending - and what will you do if you with your slower pace end one volume inmid of an episode? Doing some anime-only stuff that is usually hated by all LN readers? Cutting straight into the next novel so you would get an idiotic ending for that episode?

Most of the disappointed LN reader crowd I see for any adaptation does not even once think about the time issues animes have. Just more cries about what scene they cut out and how they suck at animating that LN.

The primary reason why Asterisk and Radukai are better received is the far bigger LN crowd voting in there - look in the announcement post of the anime: how many LN readers posted anything there? Now look at the same threads for the other 2 series and you will get your answer...

The overall quality for Taimadou so far is shit tier.

Takeru wasn't even supposed to have his helmet on for his Witch Hunter form. So why did Silver Link put that in? Because they wanted to make the full body armor CGI and putting a CGI head would be stupid so they put in the helmet instead.

Also, they didn't bother explaining any of Takeru's skill sets at all either like Soumatou.

Details from the fights and battle scenes are missing too. But those have been mentioned multiple times by other users so I won't bother posting it here.

And the character designs are way off compared to the LN and overall look very sloppy. But this is something that wouldn't necessarily take away points from the anime itself.

Like I said before, if Silver Link put in half the effort and budget of Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan into Taimadou, it would not be so disappointing. Even from an anime only viewer, they can tell that it is a half assed LN adaption anime. It really breaks my heart to see one of my favourite studios adapt one anime really well and the other one (that I like more) with a half assed job.

I agree with you one thing though, the pacing, although a bit fast (especially volume 1 because they should have taken time to build Ouka before showing her conviction and somewhat attitude change towards the 35th platoon) is not that bad at all. Volumes 1-4 are pretty generic and volume 5 is when the story gets really good. I just hope that Silver Link can put in more effort into the anime volume 5 onwards.
Oct 26, 2015 5:33 PM
Feb 2014
hoopla123 said:

Also, they didn't bother explaining any of Takeru's skill sets at all either like Soumatou.

Details from the fights and battle scenes are missing too. But those have been mentioned multiple times by other users so I won't bother posting it here.

I direct to you the same question as to Dragon Slayer: when exactly would you have animated all these things?
The problem is not within budget of SL but within the 20 min time limit for one anime episode - by animating all these (albeit small) things you loose time, and much more than you think.
Also for Takeru's techniques Vol. 5 and especially Vol. 6 are just as appropiate for explaining them.

hoopla123 said:
[...]if Silver Link put in half the effort[...]with a half assed job.

Well this is where I disagree - if they didn't carefully scan through the novel; how did they get the pacing as appropiate as you claim it to be?
It seems to me that they took a good effort in making AMA as good as possible content wise (reasons for that I already stated above and in my last post) - yeah more budget would always be nice, maybe you could even put some more episodes in there for smoothing the pace a bit - but they took what they had to make the best result that was possible for them.
Oct 26, 2015 6:25 PM

Feb 2011
^ Agreed. All complains can be passed off as the sacrifices SL was willing to make for the good of the story. Anime adaptations require the episode to end at a point one can consider suspenseful. If your not complaining about the ending of each episode or your still around to watch the next episode, then SL deserves some credit. It's not like they're telling a different story here. It's going in the same direction as the LN. Ignore the areas they neglected, and your sure to enjoy it. As I've said in one of my previous posts, enjoying this is settling for less; however, everyone is free to read the LN if need be. Not everyone is complaining, so just allow them to settle for less.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Oct 26, 2015 6:53 PM

Apr 2013
Caleb8980 said:
hoopla123 said:

I direct to you the same question as to Dragon Slayer: when exactly would you have animated all these things?
The problem is not within budget of SL but within the 20 min time limit for one anime episode - by animating all these (albeit small) things you loose time, and much more than you think.
Also for Takeru's techniques Vol. 5 and especially Vol. 6 are just as appropiate for explaining them.

hoopla123 said:
[...]if Silver Link put in half the effort[...]with a half assed job.

Well this is where I disagree - if they didn't carefully scan through the novel; how did they get the pacing as appropiate as you claim it to be?
It seems to me that they took a good effort in making AMA as good as possible content wise (reasons for that I already stated above and in my last post) - yeah more budget would always be nice, maybe you could even put some more episodes in there for smoothing the pace a bit - but they took what they had to make the best result that was possible for them.

When I say budget, I mean the animation quality and CGI. The fact that they went off canon and decided to put in a helmet just so they could save money and put in CGI Witch Hunter form is the definition of half assed and low budget works.

And 20 minute format? They could instead expand the arcs into 3 episodes instead of two.

Going off canon from the source material is almost never a good idea unless they put something in original that is just as good as the source material instead. The fact that they change the source material just so they can save money is sad. Silver Link is an upcoming good studio, but I don't give them credit when it is so painfully undeserving such as this adaption.
Oct 26, 2015 9:32 PM

Mar 2010
hoopla123 said:
Caleb8980 said:

Takeru wasn't even supposed to have his helmet on for his Witch Hunter form. So why did Silver Link put that in? Because they wanted to make the full body armor CGI and putting a CGI head would be stupid so they put in the helmet instead.

And the character designs are way off compared to the LN and overall look very sloppy. But this is something that wouldn't necessarily take away points from the anime itself.

Like I said before, if Silver Link put in half the effort and budget of Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan into Taimadou, it would not be so disappointing. Even from an anime only viewer, they can tell that it is a half assed LN adaption anime. It really breaks my heart to see one of my favourite studios adapt one anime really well and the other one (that I like more) with a half assed job.

I agree with you one thing though, the pacing, although a bit fast (especially volume 1 because they should have taken time to build Ouka before showing her conviction and somewhat attitude change towards the 35th platoon) is not that bad at all. Volumes 1-4 are pretty generic and volume 5 is when the story gets really good. I just hope that Silver Link can put in more effort into the anime volume 5 onwards.

If those are reasons that this is a shit adaptation than you're and others who think like that are pretty spoiled. I wish shows like Mahou Sensou had serious problems on that level. You're dislike of CG or Takeru having his helmet on in Witch Hunter from is no more personal preferences. Hell I prefer him without the helmet too, but nowhere does make the adaptation terrible because of it. We don't need descriptions on Takeru's sword techniques either, this visual medium not a book. They should be hown not explained as if you reading of text. Furthermore it's just flavor text for fancy attacks which entirely inconsequential to plot or characterization.

I also have no idea what you mean by lack of effort or detail. Do think that animators, episode directors script writers and such are just sitting around drawing one line then going home? Just because you like the fact that budget for this isn't as high as say Asterisk doesn't mean that staff is lazy.

hoopla123 said:

And 20 minute format? They could instead expand the arcs into 3 episodes instead of two.

The could have expanded first volume for entire season if they wanted too. Doesn't mean would be good idea and all it show director has no understanding of a proper beginning middle and climax is done and he/she far too shackled to LN readers insane and naive expectations to make competent decisions that lead to coherent product. Just because something cut out or shorten doesn't not make a show bad.
Iron_MawOct 26, 2015 9:43 PM
Oct 26, 2015 9:41 PM

Mar 2010
hoopla123 said:

The could have expanded first volume for entire season if they wanted too. Doesn't mean would be good idea and all it show director has no understanding of a proper beginning middle and climax is done and he/she far too shackled to LN readers insane and naive expectations to make competent decisions that lead to coherent product. Just because something cut out or shorten doesn't not make a show bad.
Oct 26, 2015 10:34 PM
Aug 2012
Caleb8980 said:

Sorry i won't say your opinion is wrong but personally i don't see this as anything near decent for LN reader and only average for Anime-only viewers.

Caleb8980 said:

For 2.5 or 3 episodes scenario :

1st episode: Cut the fall and grab scene, add characterization for Ouka by showing her violent side (more important), add a few more lines before they suddenly teleport to the warehouse as well. Oh actually make the talk between Ouka and Takeru more relevant or make her pass out(like the LN) and continue to the next episode.

2nd episode: Focus on the talk between Takeru and Ouka and Ouka's flashback instead of putting a scene about them visiting the chairman. Add a few lines to show what they are thinking as well. Let's extend the fight and end it at a cliffhanger when Takeru gets cut in half.

3rd episode: The rest of the fight, missing scenes (talk with the director....important for Takeru since it shows he is not just a simple-minded person) and explanations about Takeru's abilities, show how Mari got caught and the scene afterwards and end the episode right after the chairman assigns them a new mission.

Now would it be that hard? Even with 5 episodes 2 volumes it would have been much better. They didn't even put much effort in the fights (just look at Rakudai by the same SL........if only Oonuma Shin was working in this show) and the armor was designed in a way so that they won't have to change much later.

Caleb8980 said:

Then they should even bother with mediocre or below average adaptations........most adaptation turn out bad because of these time issues and lack of effort.

Caleb8980 said:

So they (Heavy Object is even slower placed) have managed to please the LN fans and attract anime-only viewers as well even while keeping a slow pace? That's what i have been saying. AMA doesn't have a smaller crowd either but the adaptation managed to turn them off quite well and some of them already gave up.

Oct 27, 2015 1:41 AM

Feb 2011
^ It's true that there were many other opportunities to end the episodes. The manga pretty much showed about 10 opportunities considering it was a arc/volume split into 16 chapters. So, there was many more to choose from besides what you mentioned. I wouldn't say SL isn't putting in the effort. It's more like they're being innovative. Not all adaptations can be adapted with as fast a pace as this without straying from the main story. Can't we all accept that SL chose to adapt it this way and not assume it's lack of effort or bad adapting skills. I'll even add that it ain't the budget either. Who can say that SL would do it any differently. I'm sure they would if they were given more episode coverage or didn't have to cover as many volumes. The budge isn't going to change the limited amount of episodes they plan to put 9 volumes into. I'd say that's where the problem lies.
Oct 27, 2015 2:39 AM
Feb 2014
hoopla123 said:

When I say budget, I mean the animation quality and CGI. The fact that they went off canon and decided to put in a helmet just so they could save money and put in CGI Witch Hunter form is the definition of half assed and low budget works.

Going off canon from the source material is almost never a good idea unless they put something in original that is just as good as the source material instead. The fact that they change the source material just so they can save money is sad. Silver Link is an upcoming good studio, but I don't give them credit when it is so painfully undeserving such as this adaption.

And I mean the same as you with budget; in both of my posts I even admit that the budget could have been higher, so I'm not sure why you wanna argue about that xD

Fact is: they had a fixed budget and decided that Rakudai was more deserving of it. As Silver Link is doing 3 series this season it was obvious that they don't have the money to do everything perfectly animated.
Whether or not it was right to put more of the money into Rakudai than in AMA is a hard question, in terms of economics Rakudai seems like the safer option as it is closer to the normal (usually well selling) romance anime.

hoopla123 said:

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Caleb8980 said:

Sorry i won't say your opinion is wrong but personally i don't see this as anything near decent for LN reader and only average for Anime-only viewers.

Caleb8980 said:

For 2.5 or 3 episodes scenario :

1st episode: Cut the fall and grab scene, add characterization for Ouka by showing her violent side (more important), add a few more lines before they suddenly teleport to the warehouse as well. Oh actually make the talk between Ouka and Takeru more relevant or make her pass out(like the LN) and continue to the next episode.

2nd episode: Focus on the talk between Takeru and Ouka and Ouka's flashback instead of putting a scene about them visiting the chairman. Add a few lines to show what they are thinking as well. Let's extend the fight and end it at a cliffhanger when Takeru gets cut in half.

3rd episode: The rest of the fight, missing scenes (talk with the director....important for Takeru since it shows he is not just a simple-minded person) and explanations about Takeru's abilities, show how Mari got caught and the scene afterwards and end the episode right after the chairman assigns them a new mission.

Now would it be that hard? Even with 5 episodes 2 volumes it would have been much better. They didn't even put much effort in the fights (just look at Rakudai by the same SL........if only Oonuma Shin was working in this show) and the armor was designed in a way so that they won't have to change much later.

Caleb8980 said:

Then they should even bother with mediocre or below average adaptations........most adaptation turn out bad because of these time issues and lack of effort.

Caleb8980 said:

So they (Heavy Object is even slower placed) have managed to please the LN fans and attract anime-only viewers as well even while keeping a slow pace? That's what i have been saying. AMA doesn't have a smaller crowd either but the adaptation managed to turn them off quite well and some of them already gave up.

And you are both making it seems easier than it is.

As Reload said yes there are many opportunities to end an episode - that doesn't mean that they would have been the correct choice.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:

1st episode: Cut the fall and grab scene

Sex sells, whether you want it or not SL is not a charity organisation, they need to earn money with their anime - fanservice is simply the best way to ensure that, also as I said it before it is part of the novel anyways.

As for the second episode: You think that would have been enough to fill 20 mins? Extend the fight? By 10 mins or what xD

3rd episode: now we are at the arkward ending inmid of a new volume - yes it would have worked out for this episode, but what for the ones following after that? If you start ending an episode inmid of a volume it will have to get carried on until the end of the anime and that this won't work out should be obvious.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Once more: they have a fixed budget and decided that Rakudai was more deserving of it, who are you to judge this decision?

On the topic of Heavy Object: there were heaps of people dropping it as the first episode had wayyy too much exposition. Again this is how you animate sth for the LN crowd - not for the anime-only viewer.
Oct 27, 2015 3:26 AM
Aug 2012
Caleb8980 said:

Sex sells, whether you want it or not SL is not a charity organisation, they need to earn money with their anime - fanservice is simply the best way to ensure that, also as I said it before it is part of the novel anyways.

Yeah sex sells and SL is an expert in it (looks at Prilliya and Rakudai) but they could have cut one since there was already a bunny girl right at the start. Their priorities are more towards comedy and sol than characterization or action for AMA i guess. Seriously why don't they still explain Takeru's abilities or at least soumatou?

Caleb8980 said:

As for the second episode: You think that would have been enough to fill 20 mins? Extend the fight? By 10 mins or what xD

More than enough if done right. Ouka's backstory slideshow just made people confused or uncaring. I believe they could have done that better. Usagi's whole scene was cut other than 1 shot but that's irrelevant.

Caleb8980 said:

3rd episode: now we are at the awkward ending inmid of a new volume - yes it would have worked out for this episode, but what for the ones following after that? If you start ending an episode in mid of a volume it will have to get carried on until the end of the anime and that this won't work out should be obvious.

No it could have worked out.......they are pressed for time and this would have been a much better presentation despite being a little awkward. 5 chapters can be done in 1-2-2 format, they are doing 3-2 chapters in 2 episodes if i am not mistaken.

Caleb8980 said:

Once more: they have a fixed budget and decided that Rakudai was more deserving of it, who are you to judge this decision?

I am judging their adaptation not their decision. I can obviously do that much right? Personally i believe AMA deserved more attention though........

Caleb8980 said:

On the topic of Heavy Object: there were heaps of people dropping it as the first episode had wayyy too much exposition. Again this is how you animate sth for the LN crowd - not for the anime-only viewer.

Logic of anime fans these days:

Exposition --> Boring, nothing happened etc
No/Less exposition --> OMG plotholes, generic etc

It's a good thing HO isn't catering to impatient viewers and properly adaptation the LN. Later episodes have more people showing interest even without the LN fans.
Dragon_Slayer_XOct 27, 2015 3:33 AM

Oct 27, 2015 7:35 AM
Feb 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

It's a good thing HO isn't catering to impatient viewers and properly adaptation the LN. Later episodes have more people showing interest even without the LN fans.

I agree 100% :D

Unfortunately the reality looks like that...I'm honestly fed up with that change in the last few years but the anime producers have to cater to their viewers if they want to sell sth :-(
(it is basically the same in the gaming industry - games need more and more mindless action or have to be dumbed down (especially RTS games))

Welp sorry for that one sentence (who are you to...) - I overdid it a bit. :-|
Oct 27, 2015 8:00 AM
Aug 2012
Caleb8980 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Unfortunately the reality looks like that...I'm honestly fed up with that change in the last few years but the anime producers have to cater to their viewers if they want to sell sth :-(
(it is basically the same in the gaming industry - games need more and more mindless action or have to be dumbed down (especially RTS games))

Nah i should apologize to you and Jagd84.......i went too overboard as well. My disappointment got the better of me as i expected a bit too much from SL as they have done some good work before. Well i do realize they need to cater to their viewers but this could have been done better..........well no use continuing to cry over spilt milk.

Not that i will change my mind about the adaptation and if the next episode isn't too good, i will mostly give up and only watch this just for some animated scenes and the armor designs.

Speaking of games, yeah there aren't too many good fps or rts games with proper story line now-a-days. I stick mostly to rpgs and even though they have similar style, they come up with good stories sometimes and game play is never short.

Oct 27, 2015 8:05 AM

Apr 2013
Jagd84 said:
hoopla123 said:

If those are reasons that this is a shit adaptation than you're and others who think like that are pretty spoiled. I wish shows like Mahou Sensou had serious problems on that level. You're dislike of CG or Takeru having his helmet on in Witch Hunter from is no more personal preferences. Hell I prefer him without the helmet too, but nowhere does make the adaptation terrible because of it. We don't need descriptions on Takeru's sword techniques either, this visual medium not a book. They should be hown not explained as if you reading of text. Furthermore it's just flavor text for fancy attacks which entirely inconsequential to plot or characterization.

I also have no idea what you mean by lack of effort or detail. Do think that animators, episode directors script writers and such are just sitting around drawing one line then going home? Just because you like the fact that budget for this isn't as high as say Asterisk doesn't mean that staff is lazy.

hoopla123 said:

So we should always excuse shitty adaptions and animation? I guess we can't blame Pierrot for their shit tier animation and Tokyo Ghoul RE because they had their reasons too right? I mean if everyone had unlimited amount of budget none of this would have happened right?

Do you realize how stupid you sound? It's a mediocre LN adaption so far with shitty animation and budget and I just proved to you why. All you are trying to do is sugercoat everything and defend Silver Link by excusing all their faults. With your logic, no one can be critical of any entertainment medium.

And personal preference? It's canon material. It is not a matter of preference or not. If they add something in that is not even part of the original source material because they want to do CGI instead to save money, that isn't a matter of preference, it's called deviating from source material and being a shit adaption.

Stop sucking on Silver Link's dick. No company should be praised for doing a shit tier job, regardless of their situation. If that's what you are doing, you are just a blind dick sucking retard.
Oct 27, 2015 8:09 AM

Apr 2014
"with shitty animation and budget"

lol such ignorance
Oct 27, 2015 9:17 AM

Sep 2013
lol at this argument XD

This is a sub par adaptation, sure.
But as stand alone (if you haven't read the LN) it's okay, except for the witch hunter mode attack, it wasn't even animated it just skipped to the end :(
Oct 27, 2015 10:25 AM

Feb 2011
hoopla123 said:
So we should always excuse shitty adaptions and animation? I guess we can't blame Pierrot for their shit tier animation and Tokyo Ghoul RE because they had their reasons too right? I mean if everyone had unlimited amount of budget none of this would have happened right?

Do you realize how stupid you sound? It's a mediocre LN adaption so far with shitty animation and budget and I just proved to you why. All you are trying to do is sugercoat everything and defend Silver Link by excusing all their faults. With your logic, no one can be critical of any entertainment medium.

And personal preference? It's canon material. It is not a matter of preference or not. If they add something in that is not even part of the original source material because they want to do CGI instead to save money, that isn't a matter of preference, it's called deviating from source material and being a shit adaption.

Stop sucking [up to] Silver Link... No company should be praised for doing a shit tier job, regardless of their situation...

No one is excusing the adaptation's flaws. Everyone agrees they exist. They're just dealing with it their own way. Some people, like yourself, like to nitpick every flaw, if it wasn't already obvious enough, and judge the whole anime solely on those areas. Others, try to see the areas they did well in and enjoy it for what it is.

It seems you haven't noticed yourself, but nowhere in that quote you picked does money come up as an issue. Your the only one who brought up that SL included the helmet to save money. IMO, it was to make animating the fight scene easier or it just looked better with the helmet on. It's not like they didn't compare it with the helmet off. Deviations from the source material happen in many adaptations. It doesn't change the direction of the story. I'd say FMA is an exception for reasons I'm sure your aware of.

No adaptation is perfect for a number of reasons, be it flaws that were intentional or unintentional. Unlimited budget won't change the fact that their will be flaws. Sacrifices will be made in the process. It's the viewer's decision to settle for less as I put it. No one is praising SL for their flaws. They are praising the areas they did well in. If you can't see them and enjoy it for what it is, to bad. Some people can enjoy watching even if the flaws outweigh the good areas. It's clear your not one of them.

Seriously, what's with the over the top comment at the end? No one said they love SL for adapting it this way. I did urge people to stop being defensive though. The same can be said for those being offensive.
ReloadOct 27, 2015 11:29 AM
Oct 27, 2015 3:43 PM

Feb 2008
Nice one, Mari... She matches Ouka really well, though.
Oct 28, 2015 2:37 AM

Mar 2010
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Caleb8980 said:

Nah i should apologize to you and Jagd84.......i went too overboard as well. My disappointment got the better of me as i expected a bit too much from SL as they have done some good work before. Well i do realize they need to cater to their viewers but this could have been done better..........well no use continuing to cry over spilt milk.

Not that i will change my mind about the adaptation and if the next episode isn't too good, i will mostly give up and only watch this just for some animated scenes and the armor designs.

Speaking of games, yeah there aren't too many good fps or rts games with proper story line now-a-days. I stick mostly to rpgs and even though they have similar style, they come up with good stories sometimes and game play is never short.

That's okay. Like I said, from a source reader perspective I get the frustration. But it is necessary look at the big here picture and not view everything from a vacuum. Other perspectives for this show exists and hey will very different experience depending on whether they familiar with work or not. There no easy way to do an adaptation in general unfortunately because they all heavy rely on how the original was written. Due to that some books simply don't translate well to TV because a TV show's season need a strong continuous beginning, middle and end even the source is on-going. An LN that is too character driven cannot work well unless heavily it's SOL type of where a strong narrative and pacing isn't important and thus there is no need to balance character development with story development.

So in otherwords an adaptations to be adjusted to deliver a satisfying experience includes a semi-decent ending to the viewer in a fixed number of time. That requires the staff to look at story and see how far that they can go so nobody feels like too much is unresolved ( subsequently feel like nothing much is happening) and while still making the show a coherent fun experience. Afterall they SL isn't the LB creator, they do things they're own way. The best you can hope is that it is done as best it can.
Iron_MawOct 28, 2015 3:31 AM
Oct 28, 2015 9:51 AM
Jul 2018
Meh, it was kind of boring tbh while I liked some of the new info in the episode the rivalry situation in this episode between Mari and Ouka was annoying to see. I wouldn't have minded to see them actually fight it out (the collar is an issue though) since Ouka's opinion of the witches and how she thinks of them isn't something I think is strange given her background with them but of course fan service and the stupid cat fights must be included either way in Harems. The tournament itself was interesting to see and I want to see more of that even though I'm still not sure I'll continue it till the end.
Oct 31, 2015 10:10 AM

Feb 2014
Half through. A big nope. It was really boring. I'm either gonna struggle watching it or put it on hold and see if it gets better by the end.
AxerneaOct 31, 2015 10:34 AM
Nov 4, 2015 3:49 PM

Feb 2013
Mari (best girl?) was a lot more talkative than expected.
Nov 5, 2015 5:59 PM

Jul 2009
Mari was ... different than I expected? Well looks like they got another tsundere to join their team at any rate. Didn't really think this episode was too great, it felt kind of ... forced I guess? I mean like the whole thing where she doesn't participate but when she does she wins the battle for them ... IDK. Well, it seems like she's lost her memory of helping that other guy and she was framed for murder of those people it seems. Hopefully next episode is better :S
Nov 10, 2015 10:48 AM

Jun 2008
mrcmc888 said:
Jsmithmim said:
I have learnt big time how crappy silver link is..

Silver Link hasn't been good since Prisma Illya. They're pretty much the harem trash studio.

Wow, the MC's weapon just happens to turn into a loli and call the MC oniichan! What a shocking turn of events!

This show has the worst character development of the season. The characters are literally standing there and explaining their extremely cliche motivations and backstories to each other rather than letting you see them and figure it out yourself. The story progression is also laughable, they introduce an antagonist only to put it aside for 15 minutes of witch-chan and Cardboard Tsundere bitching at each other and an obligatory tournament arc. I think the girls' angry voices made my ears bleed.

Also, if witch-chan is nice, why does Ouka still hate her guts, especially since the others don't particularly seem to care? This episode made me start to really despise her, as I can't accept "WAHHHH THEY KILLED MY FAMILY SO THEY'RE ALL BAD AND I SHOULD KILL THEM" as an excuse for being rude to someone who's clearly shown herself to be nice.

I don't even think the show is awesome or anything but that must be the stupid shit i have read about this show.
Are you fucking serious? Wondering on why Ouka isn't all friendly with her because she doesn't seem all that bad? What kind of dreamy fairy tale world have you been growing up were people do not have bigoted ideas or intense preservation and aren't reserved or racist against different people etc? And that with out having their damn family killed.

Azai-kun said:
Funny that some people (who actually wants to drop this) labeled this show as shit because of its adaptation without barely any knowledge of its original source and whenever LN readers tried to convince them otherwise, they'd still argue back by saying it's still shit and again without factual evidence from the LN to back their disapproval of the show.

Are you mental? That is not argument to someone who dislikes the show. Saying the LN is good isn't an argument. They ain't rating the LN, they are rating the anime.
What kind of stupid logic is this that you are suppose to rate two different things as the same? I really to not get this stupid logic. The LN and anime have different entries for a reason you know.
MonadNov 10, 2015 11:03 AM
Nov 27, 2015 2:46 PM

Aug 2013
Boring as hell, no potential from the beginning. Drop.
mrcmc888 said:
Jsmithmim said:
I have learnt big time how crappy silver link is..

Silver Link hasn't been good since Prisma Illya. They're pretty much the harem trash studio.

Lolnope
Non non biyori was one of the best series all time. In every aspect especially the art.
rsc-plNov 27, 2015 2:51 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 8, 2015 12:21 AM

Jun 2014
I like Mari....
And thats about all I like from this episode.
The Mari fanservice was awkward and uncalled for... but... not unappreciated....
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 11, 2015 8:10 PM

Dec 2012
Something about these girls with scarves that win me over. First Levi from Trinity Seven and now Mari. Gotta admit it was hilarious when she was acting edgy then missed the recycling bin.
Dec 26, 2015 9:50 PM
Feb 2011
Typical, documents that Noone is suppose to see is left out in the open just so the last person you would want reading them reads them.

Horrible plot devise is horrible.
Jan 10, 2017 3:57 AM

Dec 2012
Episode starts off with...TsudaKen!

Takeru gets an imouto.

In a right world, Takeru would have walked in on some HLA.

At least he got oppai on his face.

Massage from Ikaruga? Go berserk, Takeru!

Scumbag Ouka will just walk into someone's office and touch stuff on their desk.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 18, 2017 3:09 PM

May 2015
Not gonna lie, Mari is a very unique female character, whos independent, and has a dream and a goal to genuinely make lives better. Ok this ep convinced me I was right to keep on watching this... "This wasn't my fault okay?" Still gets slapped poor guy...
Oct 17, 2019 3:20 PM

Nov 2013
Achievement unlocked: lucky pervert.

It was to be expected, that they would clash. And Ouka reading the file spells trouble.

I like Mari. Her heart is in the right place.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 5, 2021 9:13 PM
Dec 2020
da outro lit calling my twilight
Aug 26, 2021 2:22 PM
Jul 2021
Ugh, WHY WHY WHY do they always write these damn stupid protagonists to walk into an embarrassing situation and to just STAND there and not turn around. It annoys me to no end. The same with the accidental fall into a handful of boobs. If they would just MOVE, even 5-8 seconds afterwards it wouldn't be so bad, but they just STAND there. Anyone who wasn't a pervert would move, and anyone who is surrounded by REALLY strong women who are going to BEAT the shit out of you if you just stand there would learn to move, and then it would ACTUALLY seem like an accident, but just standing there proves you are a disgusting perv or a moron. Do people in Japan REALLY like the awkward boob grab/situation that much that they have to drag the scene out as long as possible?? Isn't it enough to just see it happen for 5 seconds and then have the dude look away or move? 🤬
Oct 23, 2021 5:05 AM

May 2020
Tsundere, flatchested, another girl of MC harem. MC character is good with his calm act. Good rival between flat and round.
Nov 14, 2023 10:28 PM

Dec 2022
Mari is quite the character. Despite some initial, understandable abrasiveness on her part, she's reasonable and astute. Most of the dialogue in this anime so far is witty enough to keep every interaction engaging, which I can appreciate.

That said, this anime needs to slow the fuck down. Everyone talks too fast, the scenes play out too fast, and even the chiptune music feels like it was slightly sped up. It's like watching a bunch of 4-koma comic strips in anime format. The writing is pretty good, but I'd like more time to appreciate it.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

143 by Datlon »»
Jan 25, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

85 by Datlon »»
Jan 24, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

83 by Datlon »»
Jan 24, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2015

136 by GavrocheN7 »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2015

103 by Starimaa »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.