Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (50) « First ... « 35 36 [37] 38 39 » ... Last »
Oct 17, 2015 1:28 PM

Apr 2009
In case Xinil still follows this thread: I think it would be a good idea to change the progress bar for titles with unknown length - for example, make it light green or something. Right now it looks a bit confusing.
Oct 17, 2015 1:30 PM

Dec 2011
my profile just changed.. i love it.. looks more colorful and clear.. :p
Oct 17, 2015 1:47 PM

Nov 2009
I like the new design, i played a bit around with it and ended up with something minimalistic.
Oct 17, 2015 1:53 PM

Feb 2011
Nanaca said:
In case Xinil still follows this thread: I think it would be a good idea to change the progress bar for titles with unknown length - for example, make it light green or something. Right now it looks a bit confusing.

in the doubt he is or not, you can tell him directly on his profile
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Xinil

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 17, 2015 1:54 PM

Aug 2010
The header is usually at 1500px btw, it looks so stupid to cut it off for 500px...

I still don't like that much the favourite, there's too much to go down to reach comments, and it's annoying to hit the arrow to show every favourites, (and no, I don't f*** want to clic on "comments" on the left side, I'm not kidding). Also, I think it's because of that, that the new look looks too dense -> messy.

After that, I'll keep saying that the new graphics stats doesn't give as much informations as the old one at first sight.
Anyway, can't wait sunnysummerday to finish to modify the css so we will get rid off those awful bluefacebook buttons.
Saoji-Oct 17, 2015 2:00 PM
Oct 17, 2015 2:01 PM

Jun 2009
As far as the "looks" go I kinda got used to it already to be honest. Although we're basically forced to add a facebook style cover photo into the about me section so it doesn't look like complete ass.

Would still very much prefer anime and manga stats to be separated from another vertically and not horizontally as seen here:
Oiacz said:
Reposting my "idea" made on paint and still better

It's just so much more asthetically pleasing.

I'm still very mad about some of the functionality changes though. First and foremost:

- Complete removal of the progress bar for completed series and time spent. If bringing back the bars for days and completed series is out of the question, you should get rid of the bars altogether and thus remove the bar we have right now. Because that one is a pointless piece of shit that serves no purpose at all.

- Removal of the edit button from the "recent updates" panel (I don't even understand why this was done in the first place).

If both would be changed I guess I could live with this.
Oct 17, 2015 2:02 PM

Aug 2010
Rite said:
But, there are some things that don''t look right:
-Option to hide reviews, recommendations and blog posts maybe? Since I (and others) have 0 of those.
Hide friends too, who cares about how many friends I have. This is not real life.
Saoji-Oct 17, 2015 2:06 PM
Oct 17, 2015 2:03 PM

Oct 2012
Also, the option to edit anime directly from the profile is gone ?
Because we are now supposed to go to the panel if we want to edit something quickly ?

Highly inconvenient.

And the fact that favorites are cut halfway trough as if the second half were less important ? I feel like if you have to reduce the size of favorites and About Me, it clearly means they are misplaced. Not to mention the anime/manga stats bar look the same for for both people who've watched/read 10 thing AND people who've watched/read 1,000 things, which was not at all the same before ???

Highly inconvenient.

I don't like "modern" looks and I see no improvement in this "update." If you ask me, it reduces the efficiency of the site.
I'll be waiting for someone skillful enough to make a code that would allow us to continue seeing MAL profiles the way they were before.
Please make it happen.
Oct 17, 2015 2:06 PM

Aug 2010
PlzAllow said:
And the fact that favorites are cut halfway trough as if the second half were less important ? I feel like if you have to reduce the size of favorites and About Me, it clearly means they are misplaced. Not to mention the anime/manga stats bar look the same for for both people who've watched/read 10 thing AND people who've watched/read 1,000 things, which was not at all the same before ???
Yes, this is exactly what I don't like in this new style, both points. (Especially the last one, this bar makes now 0 sense).
Oct 17, 2015 2:07 PM

Jan 2013
Zhou said:
With Crave this shit wouldn't have happened. How ironic, right?
to be fair, i was sad to see crave go...

are images bugging for anyone? I'm constantly getting no image shows for avatars and display pictures
Oct 17, 2015 2:08 PM

Jun 2009
grandy_UiD said:

- Removal of the edit button from the "recent updates" panel (I don't even understand why this was done in the first place).
PlzAllow said:
Because we are now supposed to go to the panel if we want to edit something quickly ?

You know now that I think about it, it's like they are telling us "You just shouldn't hang around your "nice" new profile that much" with this because it actively makes us to go to different sections of the site (panel or the list) all the time lol.
Oct 17, 2015 2:12 PM

Oct 2012
grandy_UiD said:
grandy_UiD said:

PlzAllow said:

You know now that I think about it, it's like they are telling us "You just shouldn't hang around your "nice" new profile that much" with this because it actively makes us to go to different sections of the site (panel or the list) all the time lol.

Hahaha, probably.

shuryukan said:

are images bugging for anyone? I'm constantly getting no image shows for avatars and display pictures

They bugging for me too, I think it's a generalized thing.
Oct 17, 2015 2:13 PM

Nov 2013
aikaflip said:
Yeah, I should finally take the time to learn CSS. It's been on my to-do for awhile. In the meantime, I'm just going to move my About Me to a blog, and link the blog to the body picture. I'm completely satisfied with how my profile looks now.

This is actually a great idea. I ended up removing my 'about me' text from the old profile, because the text kind of ruined the overall feel of the new layout, as well as spoiler buttons to hide it and the drop down arrow also looked out of place. So I just left the image. But your idea definitely works for those who feel the same but want to keep the info text.

By the way for those who want to know, the trick is to leave/cut out exactly 17 pixels between the profile image and about me image for a flawless/smooth transition.
Oct 17, 2015 2:15 PM

Feb 2011
grandy_UiD said:
grandy_UiD said:

PlzAllow said:

xD so they messed up the profile to "encourage" some people to get out of their profile?
sadly, as much as it is a funny view, the ones who are going to avoid the profile are the ones who didn't pass most of their time getting their about me "more pretty", so their evil update plans may have backfired

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 17, 2015 2:16 PM

Mar 2010
Desired format:
1. Stats
2. About Me
3. Comments

IMO:
- Stats take up space: minimize spacing would appear more compact
- Redundant "Edit Profile" on right corner; same option is under "My Page" already
- Way too much white everywhere
- Replace text with intuitive icons
Oct 17, 2015 2:21 PM

Feb 2011
oolongteaz said:
Desired format:
1. Stats
2. About Me
3. Comments

there are already scripts forcing that format

oolongteaz said:
- Redundant "Edit Profile" on right corner; same option is under "My Page" already

redundancy is not a bad thing, so far it doesn't steal space to other things
and that corner there would remain unused anyway, so it doesn't hurt, unless you want to say it looks ugly

Oct 17, 2015 2:28 PM

Jun 2009
Zeando said:
grandy_UiD said:

xD so they messed up the profile to "encourage" some people to get out of their profile?

Yeah I think we've finally arrived at the shocking truth that is behind all of this. What a diabolical and frighteningly effective plot.
Oct 17, 2015 2:28 PM
Jul 2018
shuryukan said:
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO

ExTamplier said:
Meh

DeoxysPrime said:
Garbage. I can't even offer constructive criticism of this. It's all completely awful in every respect.

Yes said:
Looks shit.

MAL being MAL.
Oct 17, 2015 2:31 PM

Jun 2009
CLBGM said:

MAL being MAL.

Hey look, someone who's made the incredible effort of checking out the entire first page of this topic and then post something constructive. Well done.
Oct 17, 2015 2:37 PM

Dec 2014
Am I the only one that really like the new design?
Im just a normal guy! (I'm lying)
Send me a friend-request if you think friends are fun!
Oct 17, 2015 2:41 PM

Feb 2011
Tylmomendog said:
Am I the only one that really like the new design?

just read the thread before making an easily avoidable question -.-
(or just the last few pages, cause i wouldn't recommend to anyone to read this all.....)

Oct 17, 2015 2:55 PM

Mar 2010
Zeando said:
oolongteaz said:
Desired format:
1. Stats
2. About Me
3. Comments

I meant switching the position of Stats and About Me.

oolongteaz said:

redundancy is not a bad thing, so far it doesn't steal space to other things
and that corner there would remain unused anyway, so it doesn't hurt, unless you want to say it looks ugly

Imo, it's unnecessary to take up more space for a function that already exists. Besides, adding it to the right corner isn't more convenient.
Oct 17, 2015 3:01 PM

Nov 2014
HandsomeMan said:
aikaflip said:
Yeah, I should finally take the time to learn CSS. It's been on my to-do for awhile. In the meantime, I'm just going to move my About Me to a blog, and link the blog to the body picture. I'm completely satisfied with how my profile looks now.

This is actually a great idea. I ended up removing my 'about me' text from the old profile, because the text kind of ruined the overall feel of the new layout, as well as spoiler buttons to hide it and the drop down arrow also looked out of place. So I just left the image. But your idea definitely works for those who feel the same but want to keep the info text.

I tried to put the text on the image, but I started to go tweak crazy, and probably would have ended up spending an hour on trying to find the right font, etc. I'm picky as hell about that kind of thing.
Oct 17, 2015 3:14 PM

Jun 2011
You guys still talking about this I already got used with the new layout (of my google docs).
-----------------
Jokes aside, I miss my "Anime List | Manga List" links at the top of the page, where they put the new "Edit Profile" link.
I always click there to go to my lists and end up in the profile editing page now e_e And yeah, not having the edit button in the last updates is shit.

Already removed all my favorites. That section is too big, and it's ridiculous how I have a blank column just because I don't have any ~Favorite People~ to put there. If you want the favs area in the middle, at least organize them horizontally, and with smaller images. And if someone doesn't have a "Favorite Something", don't force the "Something's Column" to appear blankly in the page. Give us an option to disable the column that we don't want to show, because I feel forced to put "Favorite People" just to make that blank column go away. But in the end I decided to remove all the other favs...
Oct 17, 2015 3:22 PM

Dec 2014
Grudge said:
I wonder if this thread will get 6, 666 posts.

Considering there isnt any kind of information or confirmation that there's gonna be changes this threat will go on until most people switch to other places or had enough of this oppression. Which is sad MAL is a great site but if the admins make changes and act like deal with it, it tells you alot on why the new profiles where made in the first place.
ᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠ

Oct 17, 2015 3:25 PM

Feb 2011
oolongteaz said:
Zeando said:

you mean you want this order?
1. Stats
2. About Me
3. Favorites
4. Comments
o.o i got that right?

Oct 17, 2015 3:28 PM

Jan 2013
reminder that there is a thread in the Suggestions forum dealing with problems in an optimistic manner. It's my belief that the new profile is better, it just needs a little bit of tweaking. The people in that thread have been hard at work thinking of improvements.

Drop by if you're interested.
Oct 17, 2015 3:32 PM

Nov 2012
The color coding of episodes in anime updates is stupid af.
Oct 17, 2015 3:35 PM

Aug 2014
Oct 17, 2015 3:37 PM

Apr 2011
I really like how the profile is now more geared towards the visual aspect more than before. I enjoy it. I'll report any problems I find. Also, I think it would be a good idea to allow people to customize where different parts of their profiles appear on their page. For example, adding the favorites of characters first in the list of favorites. I also think it would be a good idea to allow people to choose between the new layout and the old one if they don't like the changes. Lastly, I noticed that the images on the the favorites and the anime and manga list on the profile are not clean in how they are shown... (too minimized and sharp with pixels?). Thanks for your effort, MAL team.
Oct 17, 2015 3:37 PM

Feb 2011
Syrup- said:
reminder that there is a thread in the Suggestions forum dealing with problems in an optimistic manner. It's my belief that the new profile is better, it just needs a little bit of tweaking. The people in that thread have been hard at work thinking of improvements.

more like quite a bit of tweaks >.>
(currently have: 2 scripts, 1 stylesheet, 8 adblock filters, to make it acceptable, and the favorites are still blocked until they get out of their misery... )

here is the current result, it still sucks but at least it's a little better than the "Original Version" for me...
tried also to see how yours looked

but yeah, there have been some interesting observations and results there (wait to see more people making random posts there...)
ZeandoOct 17, 2015 4:14 PM

Oct 17, 2015 3:45 PM

Jul 2009
Well...I've just watched one episode and decided to update the list and BAM, new design out of nowhere.

Anyway, the only thing which bugs me is the fact there isn't an option to move ''the Statistics'' to the top and the ''About Me'' to the middle of the page but I can't change it and I really want to know why there isn't an option to change it?

I had to disable comments on my profile and delete everything on the ''About Me'' part just to be able to see the last updates on both of my lists, something ridiculous for MAL because it should be about anime and not a copy of the Facebook layout, you should make the anime part priority not the social one and once again this isn't Facebook.
Oct 17, 2015 3:54 PM

Nov 2014
Zeando said:
oolongteaz said:

1. Stats
2. About Me
3. Favorites
4. Comments
o.o i got that right?

I don't get why some people are so adamant about having stats at the top. With About Me at the top, you can put what you want at the top of your page now.

Oct 17, 2015 4:08 PM

Jul 2009
aikaflip said:
Zeando said:

1. Stats
2. About Me
3. Favorites
4. Comments
o.o i got that right?

I don't get why some people are so adamant about having stats at the top. With About Me at the top, you can put what you want at the top of your page now.

Looks like you never had friends with over 30 pics on the about section or never visited someone with them, check this out with the new layout: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Barion-Zara

Open the spoilers and you know why people want the stats at the top and not at the bottom.
Oct 17, 2015 4:09 PM

Jan 2013
^ doesn't even need to be 30 pics...anything over 1000 px in height is ruined.
Oct 17, 2015 4:09 PM

Aug 2015
aikaflip said:
Zeando said:

1. Stats
2. About Me
3. Favorites
4. Comments
o.o i got that right?

Some people have extremely long About Me's so it's a pain to scroll to the bottom.
Oct 17, 2015 4:13 PM

Feb 2011
aikaflip said:
Zeando said:

1. Stats
2. About Me
3. Favorites
4. Comments
o.o i got that right?

-pics-

not really impressed, that's basically a banner, they could have added a new optional space called "profile banners" and have the same effect while not forcing people to scroll down (a lot in some cases), or use dubious buttons to jump down the page, to get to the anime/manga stats :/

plus, not everyone have huge screens to just be able to gloss over those banners, i can't see from the top past the "forum posts" line
ZeandoOct 17, 2015 4:18 PM

Oct 17, 2015 4:20 PM

Nov 2014
TsundereHeart said:
So about the About Me should be restricted / cut off by the arrow at the height of the images in the good profiles you posted. Those are at a good size
Or we could just have the original where you could see the Statistics right away AND people could have their long About Me underneath.

Not a bad idea. I wonder if that would work.

Jonny_Mhl said:
Looks like you never had friends with over 30 pics on the about section or never visited someone with them, check this out with the new layout: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Barion-Zara

Open the spoilers and you know why people want the stats at the top and not at the bottom.

I stopped after the 10th spoiler, but I see your point. :D

Zeando said:
not really impressed

Not even with Eviction's? His is perfect.

And is scrolling really that difficult? How many profiles do you need to check in a day?
Oct 17, 2015 4:23 PM

Feb 2011
Jonny_Mhl said:
aikaflip said:

-snip-

wth, should have never clicked that, the load did froze my browser for a second... and didn't even opened the spoiler arrow, too scared..

aikaflip said:
And is scrolling really that difficult? How many profiles do you need to check in a day?

don't question it
no scrolling at all = best result

would sacrifice any sort of "cool profile pictures" if the result was having what i'm looking for right from the start with no need to scroll at all
like this:

^^^ real screens, not paint examples ^^^
ZeandoOct 18, 2015 2:57 AM

Oct 17, 2015 4:27 PM

Aug 2015
There's a minor bug with the Last Anime updates (the top 3 we see on the home page); whenever I update an entry and check the day after it shows ''Today'' instead of ''Yesterday''. Has anyone also noticed this problem?
Oct 17, 2015 4:42 PM
Apr 2014
Seems like the modern (bootstrap) style also arrived here.
I like it :)
Oct 17, 2015 4:43 PM

May 2011
While I'm fine with the new layout the colors are really disagreeable to me. I get that they are so different so that you can easily tell one section from the other but it just kind of clashes when I look at it.
Oct 17, 2015 5:23 PM

Mar 2009
I like the new stats design. I don't like the rest, though. I also wish the Stats were up top (I already have to scroll to find the tiny statistics button, which does nothing except scroll ~400px down for me). I miss the old layout. It's been over 6 years of mostly the same design, so it'll take a while to get used to the new one. :(
Oct 17, 2015 5:28 PM

Mar 2012
aikaflip said:
I like this idea. Used it for my profile.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 17, 2015 6:09 PM

Mar 2008
I've been here for more than 7 years, and it's not that I'm against new stuff but.. I didn't like it so far.

Please keep it as Stats-Profile-Comments (this order). It would be much better! Rest of it is ok. It will take time to get used to it.
Oct 17, 2015 6:29 PM

May 2015
HaXXspetten said:
I like how the old tabs are still present when you're not on the Home tab btw:

That just means that the update is half-assed.

Oct 17, 2015 7:21 PM

Jul 2010
Please at least give us the option to use the old design, don't pull a youtube on me and make me not want to use you anymore.
Oct 17, 2015 7:35 PM

Nov 2012
So after many weeks of testing and numerous rounds of feedback

Who gave this feedback, blind retards?

New profiles look like utter shit so please let those with a sense of taste be able to revert back to the classic Mal style (Which is simple and doesn't rub shit in ones eyes)
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Oct 17, 2015 8:05 PM

May 2014
no_good_name said:

New profiles look like utter shit so please let those with a sense of taste be able to revert back to the classic Mal style (Which is simple and doesn't rub shit in ones eyes)

Hear hear!

New designs are fucking crap, how can I change it back to legacy profile?
Oct 17, 2015 8:33 PM

Sep 2009
no_good_name said:

Sadly got to agree this new layout isnt doing any favor to my eyes either...
Pages (50) « First ... « 35 36 [37] 38 39 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

424 by Jeniferu4edy »»
4 hours ago

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

211 by niladribarua »»
12 hours ago

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Yesterday

0 by Kineta »»
Yesterday, 6:46 PM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.