Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 10, 2015 3:16 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this feels pretty much like the first few episodes of World Trigger with the fighting stuff. The new OP song is catchy imo with the way it's done...

Is it also just me or did the animation slightly improve?
The action was nice I guess but the story feels kinda loose as I kinda want to know more about the new characters. Since this is anime original, I'm not sure what to expect. Good episode though.
Stark700Oct 10, 2015 3:41 PM
Oct 10, 2015 3:30 PM

Nov 2007
New enemy? There are two different ones: one escaped, next chasing the first. Nakamura-san's character and NamiDai's character did them in one shot.

Time back a bit to before the attack. The main group is away from the city and training with very perfect facility. It's when Nakamura-san's character said he would be leaving because he sensed danger.

Two of the new characters already appeared before OP.

The enemy already at the team's place and neighbor guy said even he doesn't know.

That white thing on the arm, it seems like they can get robots in and out.

After the fight, the girl got attacked and the new girl appeared.

2nd year starts, Chibi explanation with neighbor guy and main guy to review about Trion and Trion body again.

More info. about the new characters next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 10, 2015 4:05 PM

Jan 2012
Was the background of the character profile mid-card always so fancy looking or did they change it? I knew something was gonna happen to Chika, hopefully that thing gets off her next week. Probably since it looks like this boy and girl aren't the villains...
Oct 10, 2015 4:18 PM
Jul 2018
The new two characters; Xeno and Lilith do not seem like villains.
Oct 10, 2015 4:41 PM

Oct 2009
Tohka_Yatogami said:
The new two characters; Xeno and Lilith do not seem like villains.

given the episode title, and how they're portrayed in the opening, i'm pretty sure they're refugees from another part of the neighborhood. with them being on the run, they can't really trust anybody, and put survival first, which is good explanation of Xeno's actions this episode. they'll eventually have to take up protection/residence with Border until these new guys are dealt with

though right now, i'm concerned with the episode layouts. originally, this series was planned for 50 episodes, next week being the supposed finale. but given we've got a new arc starting up in the last 3 episodes, and MAL has removed the 50 episodes listing, it seems it will be either sequel bait, or they got renewed for more episodes and are taking a hiatus until next year or so. we'll just have to wait and see

Edit: fail on my part. the announced new season is gonna take place right where this leaves off, so we'll get a continuation after next week's episode
Hayato_MatsuoOct 10, 2015 4:45 PM
Oct 10, 2015 4:42 PM

Feb 2008
so they doing a side story....might be interesting.
Oct 10, 2015 4:46 PM

Jun 2014
They seriously made a new OP for the last 3 episodes...

huh.... they ended the rank wars arc for this random thing that will only last 2 episodes?... odd way to end the show.

Still wondering what theyre going to do with the new Season 2 series here in a few weeks.
Oct 10, 2015 4:48 PM

Oct 2009
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

huh.... they ended the rank wars arc for this random thing that will only last 2 episodes?... odd way to end the show.

Still wondering what theyre going to do with the new Season 2 series here in a few weeks.

i just looked up the title of the new season, and it's subtitled "Fugitives From Another World" so it's gonna pick up where this leaves off, sorta like what Cardfight!! Vanguard does with each season right after the next

Edit: also from what i hear, this new arc is technically OVA material. with the full episode drop on MAL's listings going on, i get the feeling this is gonna end up being filler arc until we get new episodes related to the manga (anyone else getting a Bleach vibe?) which will be added to the main series title
Hayato_MatsuoOct 10, 2015 4:54 PM
Oct 10, 2015 4:55 PM
Jan 2012
best episode in awhile. I'm alright with this arc so far
Oct 10, 2015 5:13 PM

Oct 2013
Amazing start to the new arc. Congratulations for the 2nd year! :)
It was a good idea to make this new arc in a totally different location, in this way they can do anything they desire without influencing the story in the manga.

Seems people are still confused. This episode is the start of the "new series" that in reality is a filler arc. The 50 episodes announced, wasn't officially announced at all and it was only a placeholder placed in the official site to indicate the expected run of 1 year. Instead to 50 episodes in 1 year it ended up being only 48 episodes.
Did you watch the final part of the episode? They talked about it, only being meant to be 1 year, but now going to its 2nd.

Hoping for the series to be able to reach its 3rd year! X)
Oct 10, 2015 5:18 PM

Jan 2011
The new filler arc is here and it was a pretty decent beginning. Xeno and Lilith seem like they'll be allies to Osamu and co. Lilith's design reminds me of Paluenta from Kid Icarus quite a bit. xD The blonde guy definitely seems like he's the main villain. I just realised the new OP is by Pile?! Well damn, how did I miss that. I love it so much. :D Looking forward to the fights in this new arc.
Oct 10, 2015 5:54 PM

Jun 2015
Hate it! unnecessary filler and i don't even read the manga.
Read Toriko!
Oct 10, 2015 6:09 PM

Mar 2014
phantom346 said:

You can always read the manga then.
Oct 10, 2015 7:01 PM

May 2014
So is the rank battle currently on pause or something in the anime hmmm what is this trion solder like summons in small capsules hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm well lets see how this goes
Oct 10, 2015 7:12 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Dues-aj said:
phantom346 said:

Yup, and there aren't too many chapters to read anyways in order to catch up where the anime left off. This filler arc actually seems a little interesting so far. So Toei never announced a second season/spin off, it was just MAL that made a separate entry due to misunderstanding? I wonder how long this filler will go for, one cour...? Happy 1 year though ^^

Jin defeating the new types was pretty awesome in the beginning, nice seeing Tachikawa squad too. Training camp outside of Mikado city, huh. So we probably won't be seeing much of the other characters in this arc. It'll be nice to see Osamu and co. possibly becoming friends with other Neighbors though.
Oct 10, 2015 8:00 PM

Jul 2011
Dues-aj said:
phantom346 said:

Really though. I read the manga and frankly I find this filler arc more exciting than what's happening in the manga right now.
Oct 10, 2015 8:34 PM

Jun 2014
Well this anime-original stuff looks like it could be somewhat decent and interesting so I look forward to seeing how this goes. The animation also looked more impressive in this episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 10, 2015 8:36 PM

Mar 2008
Seems quite promising.

I wonder if there's any real meaning behind the trion-summon having such Border-like abilities.
Oct 10, 2015 8:58 PM
Dec 2012
My reaction to this episode

POKEMON -> Trionmon

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL
Oct 10, 2015 9:50 PM
Jul 2011
amrinii said:

Really though. I read the manga and frankly I find this filler arc more exciting than what's happening in the manga right now.

Really? I'm kind of worried about the filler arc. Or rather, I have like no expectations for it. It's probably going to use a lot of cliche tropes, which just... kind of bothers me with WT? Though if you're talking about the last 2-3 chapters in the manga right now, I guess I get it. But the last fight was pretty cool imo.

For those interested in it, I believe the chapter to start reading the manga from the last canon piece would be ch 103.
Oct 10, 2015 10:23 PM

Jun 2014
I started World Trigger when it first aired and expected it to be 12-24 episodes. I saw 50 episodes and was pretty shocked!

Now the merge is confirmed.

Lol, WT for 70+ episodes at least.

Grats on year two!
Oct 10, 2015 11:32 PM

Aug 2015
This episode was awesome.
The animation for this episode look like it was done by sunrise aka Code Geass.
Good job Toei.
BTW still waiting for this show to be licensed so we can buy it on blu ray soon least next year :)
Oct 10, 2015 11:34 PM

Aug 2015
This feels like season 2 now TBH
S1 WT EP1-EP48
S2 WT EP49+
Oct 10, 2015 11:48 PM

Jul 2011

I'm complaining because I actually anticipate World Trigger episodes every week. With a drop in story quality, it's not really worth it. QQ

I don't like the merge either, now I have to rate it all together. =__=
MirorinOct 10, 2015 11:56 PM
Oct 11, 2015 3:51 AM

Apr 2013
Episode 49: Fugitives from Another World
New Characters: Gieve, Charon, Xeno, Lilith

Another year for World Trigger. Thank you, Toei. I like Xeno and Lilith. I can see them having fun in the future episodes with our MCs on that resort Osamu mentioned. Looks like Tamakoma First will fight Gieve next episode.
KitoraListOct 11, 2015 6:13 AM

Oct 11, 2015 4:47 AM

Aug 2014
I want to see how they will make us feel sorry for Xeno after doing those awful things. I hate when they do stuff like that.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Oct 11, 2015 4:58 AM
Apr 2014
Guys, so is World Trigger still ongoing. I remember it saying it will have 50 or 52 episode. The new opening is confusing me.
Oct 11, 2015 5:05 AM
Aug 2014
DKS1996 said:
Guys, so is World Trigger still ongoing. I remember it saying it will have 50 or 52 episode. The new opening is confusing me.

Episode 49 was the start of the new season. It was supposed to be titled "World Trigger: Isekai Kara no Toubousha", but it looks like it may have been officially merged with the first season.
Oct 11, 2015 5:29 AM

Feb 2013
Oh, I thought the redhead was a girl >///<
Btw, original content! So is this the new season already? Or just a pv?
Oct 11, 2015 6:12 AM

Apr 2014
So excited about training camp, new characters, new enemies, seems great so far.
Oct 11, 2015 6:59 AM

Jun 2012
Looks like this filler arc might turn out to be somewhat interesting. I never expected World Trigger to go on so long! I'm not complaining though. :)
N☆ 

Oct 11, 2015 7:43 AM

Nov 2013
This was... Surprisingly alright.

I still find a few things questionable but at least we got to see Jin and Tachikawa competing at who is the bigger badass. Izumi just stood there and did nothing lol.
Oct 11, 2015 8:11 AM
Jan 2009
There is new staff working on the show http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/worldtrigger/staff/
Oct 11, 2015 9:56 AM

Nov 2013
vampirekiller said:
There is new staff working on the show http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/worldtrigger/staff/
Huh. Is this why the animation was slightly better this episode? The art is still lacking though.

Let's see how they do in this filler arc.
Oct 11, 2015 5:13 PM

Nov 2012
Enjoyable, IMO. Can't wait to see what this arc has in store!

I'm guessing instead of making a seperate season for world trigger original arc the animators decided to make it all one thing?

Oct 11, 2015 6:16 PM

Oct 2013
BlueEyedUchiha said:
Enjoyable, IMO. Can't wait to see what this arc has in store!

I'm guessing instead of making a seperate season for world trigger original arc the animators decided to make it all one thing?

There was never an option of doing a separate season at all!
Oct 11, 2015 8:26 PM
Jan 2013
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

There's no "series 2". The side story they announced is actually the filler arc. It looks like World Trigger is going to run longer than 50 episodes.
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Oct 11, 2015 9:24 PM
Jul 2011
Mirorin said:

I'm complaining because I actually anticipate World Trigger episodes every week. With a drop in story quality, it's not really worth it. QQ

I don't like the merge either, now I have to rate it all together. =__=

I basically agree with you! Well, not with everything, but the main point behind it being that things are not like canon WT.
Couldn't you just rate it without taking this filler arc into account? It's probably going to be from 12-17-ish episodes long.

The fact that we get a filler arc at all implies that we will have a "second season", in terms of a continuation of the manga once this arc is over.
Oct 11, 2015 9:55 PM

Jun 2013
new enemies and new OP oh hell no there's an alien looking Neighbor?!
AxelucardOct 11, 2015 10:01 PM
Oct 11, 2015 10:09 PM

Mar 2013
Yay~ Another year for WT.

The OP is good like rest that aired and yeah, the animation looks really improved. Liked it.

The story looks decent. And the ep was enjoyable. Looking forward to it.
Oct 12, 2015 10:57 AM
Sep 2015
The Pokemon company will have lot of talk about this.
Just give that Neigbor boy a hat.
Oct 12, 2015 3:26 PM

Oct 2014
Man, why couldn't the very first episode be this animated like this first episode of the filler arc? Oh well, congrats WT to your start of your 2nd year of anime! Here's to hope that Toei will put enough budget into this season to keep a decent quality for the episodes to come.

So far I like it what we got shown, Jin and Tachikawa rivality play, weird looking unknown Trion soldiers, summoning Trion soldiers device, stalth cloaked ship and other stuff like Osamu using his experience to turn the tables on a superadvanced Trion soldier with stealth and shield and high speed.
Oct 14, 2015 4:26 AM

Aug 2015
Least Toei Animation is stepping up they game with this one.
The animation for this episode looks like it made by sunrise :)
Oct 14, 2015 6:52 PM

Oct 2011
New Trigger transformation

Chika is their target OMG

Xeno and Lilith are fugutives? That guy is after them?
Oct 15, 2015 12:05 AM
Jul 2018
Kind of slow this time around for me but its setting up for what’s to come, the preview looks awesome and the OP was as well. The only thing I don’t really like so far is Zeno’s character design but it might grow on me, it's not even that bad but I don't know.
Oct 16, 2015 2:22 AM
Jan 2009
Original Work - Daisuke Ashihara
Series composition - Sakai Sakimori
Music - Kenji Kawai
Character design - Toshihisa Kaiya
Chief animation director - Hiroshi Shimizu and Eisaku Inoue
Art setting - Hyun-jung Lee and Masanobu Nomura
Art directing - Shinichi Imano
Series director - Kouji Ogawa
Lel the new staff..
Oct 16, 2015 11:11 AM

Oct 2013
for what I seen the only really different Staff in World Trigger is Yoshino Hiroyuki, that stopped doing series composition, but still does scripts, for the anime, because he right now is doing series composition to Heavy Object. With that they gave the new spot to Sakai Sakimori.

The rest seems to be the exact same staff.
Oct 16, 2015 8:43 PM

Jul 2009
Prediction time!

Lilith is some princess/important person. Xeno is her bodyguard/childhood friend. Xeno might be some kind of mechanic that makes trion soldiers.

Dude following them wants hime-sama.

Also I saw some pokemon shit going on this ep.
Oct 18, 2015 5:03 AM
Jan 2009
bigivelfhq said:
for what I seen the only really different Staff in World Trigger is Yoshino Hiroyuki, that stopped doing series composition, but still does scripts, for the anime, because he right now is doing series composition to Heavy Object. With that they gave the new spot to Sakai Sakimori.

The rest seems to be the exact same staff.

The director is different. Hongou Mitsuru was beffore.
Oct 18, 2015 4:37 PM

Sep 2011
I really wonder how long this will go for, though for filler it does have potential to be quite interesting but I do feel like its oddly placed with the B rank wars just kind of being put on hiatus all the sudden.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2015

50 by HiraNyanNyaw »»
Oct 31, 2023 2:00 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

29 by ArcCryptid »»
Oct 24, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

56 by kx2x »»
Sep 11, 2023 6:54 PM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

48 by kx2x »»
Sep 10, 2023 10:15 PM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2015

34 by kx2x »»
Sep 10, 2023 10:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.