Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 26, 2017 2:26 AM

Apr 2015
This episode feels so short haha. Glad they introduced a new female character. Yachi is so cute and funny. She freaked out when she stood next to Shimizu for like two minutes lol.

Shimizu x Yachi OTP

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 16, 2017 1:51 PM

Jan 2013
Woah this season might be way better than the first one! Interesting. :D
Yachi reminds a little bit of Lucy. Am I the only one? She's so funny, cute and nice.
Kiyoko is fine but her kuudere personality is pretty boring, Yachi's energetic personality is waay better! ♥♥
Damn, I started to ship her with Hinata. sjdkakksl two cute lil babies

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Aug 2, 2017 6:31 PM

May 2014
YACHI *o*
Just instant love. I want her to be the manager right now!!

Not that I dislike Kiyoko or anything...I just kind of forgot she existed for a while because she's so quiet. Yachi's cute and scatterbrained, but not in that annoying, sickeningly sweet way so many anime force into the forefront. She has presence. And that's hard in a large group of boisterous, hyper active dudes.
I already like her interactions with the members of Karasuno.

Also loved Tanaka's big sis too.

Looks like we're already getting a practice match so I'm not complaining.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2017 8:56 AM

Jan 2013
Yachi is so overwhelmed by the amount of fighting power Karasuno has :D
Tanaka's sister is hot, Nishinoya definitely has a thing for her. - Also Hinata saving Yachi from a volleyball in the face was aweome :D
Nov 4, 2017 12:23 PM

Oct 2013
So glad the author added more female characters to the series, but Kiyoko san still the best ♥
Sep 15, 2018 4:29 PM

Feb 2014
I already love Yachi and Saeko, more and better female characters is what Haikyuu needed for me.
Sep 19, 2018 6:56 PM

Jun 2016
Since I didn't end up posting last episode this time I'll do both my two main thoughts on last episode and my thoughts on this episode.

On last episode-
Hinata's line "Im Hinata Shoyo, from the concrete" was so glorious oh my gosh. The entire little showdown with Ushikawa where Hinata stole the ball from him almost to say he wouldn't stand for him looking down on their team as well as others which fight very hard to be as good as they are was so good.

And somewhat attached to that, I feel like the pacing of this anime, although it's amazing and fast and constantly moving, it can feel artificial at a few moments. The run all the way to meeting Ushikawa and having a showdown with him felt more like a shoehorned way to introduce the antagonist than anything else and it felt the opposite of natural. Luckily those are rare and this episode had none.

For this episode-
For some reason Kageyama being bad at school because he doesn't think its important is hilariously adorable. I laughed so hard at his "JAPANESE PEOPLE CAN'T UNDERSTAND ENGLISH!" line.

Tsukki study time is also amazing. I specifically love how Hinata declared a sort of battle of who can be smarter, "I won't lose to Kageyama, or them either!!" because it's just what I was thinking, I think Hinata and Kageyama could excel at anything if they were competing over it.

Hinata's sister is such a weird character. We never see her. But we love her. At least I do. Every glimpse we get of her I love her so much!!! She's a mini Hinata that shows up for seconds at a time once or twice a season and I get so much joy when she comes into frame. It's weird because I can't think of another character like her.

It's pretty fascinating that we can immediately see Tanaka gets his wannabe delinquent attitude from his family and specifically his big sister.

And onto the most interesting part of the episode. Yachi! She's just a gay girl who was roped into being a trial manager due to Shimizu's good looks?? Regardless she's quite enjoyable. She's a little unconfident and excitable ball of anxiety and she's kinda my spirit animal other than the fact that shes adorable. You can see her always assume worst case scenarios and freeze up being roped along by others like to be the trial manager or to study. You can also see how she emulates other peoples experiences when other people are putting on big displays of emotion. But most importantly is the descriptor that she's excitable. I think her unconfident nature makes her see people like Hinata who are challenging the world with such resolve and passion as amazing and inspiring. She felt the same seeing the whole team play. I think she'll get a lot of development over the second season and grow to be far more confident due to Hinata and the team!
May 31, 2019 11:23 AM
Mar 2019
i don’t have anything against yachi. she’s nice, she’s pretty, she’s funny but i don’t really like her for some reason lol
Aug 25, 2019 8:41 PM
Jul 2014
I love getting introduced to new characters lol Yachi is so cute uwu
Sep 29, 2019 9:33 AM

Jan 2016
Yachi and Hinata, I ship it lol.

Shes so cuuteee ^~^
Dec 11, 2019 8:15 PM

Feb 2018
Even tho I'm s guy, Yachi is actually me and instant best girl. Also probably a good pairing with Hinata, although I'd be down with Kiyoko too tbh. Really funny episode, 9/10
Jan 5, 2020 9:25 AM

Dec 2014
Well nice to see the new manager in training really nice to see
Feb 3, 2020 7:50 PM

Jul 2013
Yachi is a perfect addition to this show, I like her already. She's hilarious lol and yeah because of her Shimizu is now talking a lot.
Jun 11, 2020 1:50 PM

May 2018
Hitoka is top waifu material!!! Also the ED is amazing
Aug 18, 2020 3:34 AM

Jun 2020
omfg this was SUCH A GOOD EPISODE it felt like i would be experiencing it all thru yachi's eyes the awe & admiration! such good storytelling, i really loved this episode. it felt so refreshing - also really liking her new character!!

10/10 episode

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 23, 2020 1:03 PM

Feb 2019
Studying is boring, but this episode made it look easy :0
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Oct 1, 2020 10:15 PM

May 2019
Yachi is adorable!
Dec 1, 2020 12:14 PM

Aug 2017
Yachi is a good addition to the cast. The episode was quite tolerable ven with barely any volleyball action going on.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 8, 2020 10:03 AM

Aug 2020
Anyone else ship Yachi with Kiyoko? I've never been a fan of ships that aren't canon, but Yachi is definitely crushing on her~
Feb 13, 2021 11:59 AM

Mar 2019
I LOVE THISSS SO MUCH. THEIR FACES ARE SO HILARIOUS. 10/10 moment. Made me laugh more than the whole 1st season of konosuba did, ngl.
Alex_TheForestFeb 13, 2021 12:03 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 20, 2021 6:20 PM

Mar 2020
Am I the only one here that doesn't like Yachi that much? She seems pretty average to me. Maybe I'll like her better the more I watch when her character gets fleshed out more. Saeko, on the other hand; she's my cup of tea. Looking forward to that practice match next episode!
Mar 7, 2021 12:18 AM

Sep 2018
Finally, a much welcome sight after all this sausage fest
Jun 16, 2021 12:03 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I would have said that I find the new character annoying, but that would be a straight up lie because I caught myself slightly grinning throughout the whole episode. It’s one of those cases where it can be indeed borderline annoying, but tweaked ever so slightly that it becomes funny instead.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 3, 2021 2:15 AM

Dec 2010
The episode overdid it a bit with the comedic relief this time around in my opinion, but knowing how the first season went, it's worth waiting until the games start. The new character serves great as a parallel to those watching the show, but maybe she is going to grow into something more in the future? Who knows.
Feb 8, 2022 6:22 PM

Dec 2007
introducing new character while some slice of life kind of story is great idea.
yachi is such great character, i like they way she's presented.
with that being said, i feel the author trying to make too much funny people. not that's bad. lol

seems we gonna get some practice games arc again, it probably gonna last 'till ep14 like season 1....
Feb 25, 2022 9:25 PM

Dec 2020
So Yachi is going to be the new manager. She is basically if anxiety was a person. But I like the way she was introduced. I hope she gets over her anxiety.

And, lmao Nishinoya's answer to that question. Also, he has a habit of writing with big letters. His answers don't fit in the box. Hopefully the four pass the test.
Oct 22, 2022 6:35 AM
Oct 2022
It's one of my favorits
Oct 27, 2022 11:06 PM
Jul 2021
I loved this episode ..specially the new girl voice..
May 7, 2023 7:10 AM
Aug 2022
tsukishimaaa.... sannn

lol
Jan 16, 10:53 AM

May 2021
One of the most hilarious eps so far xD
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Mar 13, 11:26 PM
Feb 2024
OMFG HITOKA LMFAO BRO SHES SO RELATABLE XD
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

252 by egeD19 »»
Apr 4, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2016

130 by iamsnakeuu »»
Apr 3, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

111 by iamsnakeuu »»
Apr 3, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

111 by iamsnakeuu »»
Mar 16, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

110 by iamsnakeuu »»
Mar 16, 7:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.