Forum Settings
Forums

Is there an anime on your list that you hate, yet you gave a high score?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 15, 2015 11:53 AM

May 2013
no
Sep 15, 2015 12:46 PM

Apr 2015
Clebardman said:
RayAdha said:
No, none at all

I hate it-----> drop it ASAP-----> rate it low

Implying that you can rate something you didn't watch.

The notion that you have to watch the complete series to rate it is ridiculous. If a series is bad after 3 episodes I drop it and rate it 4 or below. There have been a few series I dropped after less than 3 episodes and they received even worse ratings.
Sep 15, 2015 12:46 PM
Feb 2011
No.
Sep 15, 2015 12:48 PM
Dec 2013
No. If I hate it, I give it a low score.
Sep 15, 2015 12:53 PM
Feb 2013
sebaf74 said:
Clebardman said:

Implying that you can rate something you didn't watch.

The notion that you have to watch the complete series to rate it is ridiculous. If a series is bad after 3 episodes I drop it and rate it 4 or below. There have been a few series I dropped after less than 3 episodes and they received even worse ratings.

Yeah, but imagine if you do that to an anime like Steins;Gate. Drop a show way too early. Bad review, I'd say
Sep 15, 2015 12:54 PM

Jul 2012
clannad AS as a 7/10

will never rewatch. hate the characters.
Sep 15, 2015 12:55 PM

Mar 2014
Angel Beats! and Koi to something Chocolate actually deserved 4 and 2

However Megumi Ogata AKA The seiyuu goddess AKA The legend voiced the characters I liked the most in both series so I gave them +1
mayukachan said:
clannad AS as a 7/10

I still haven't watched Clannad and its sequel

Tell me moar mayu
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 15, 2015 12:55 PM

Apr 2015
KendiKong said:
sebaf74 said:

Yeah, but imagine if you do that to an anime like Steins;Gate. Drop a show way too early. Bad review, I'd say

I said rate, not review. Bad reading comprehension I'd say.
Sep 15, 2015 12:57 PM

Jan 2013
No.

I rate anime and manga very impulsively, based on my enjoyment.
Sep 15, 2015 1:00 PM
Feb 2013
sebaf74 said:
KendiKong said:

Doesnt matter, holy shit. Way to miss the point. Bad rating then
Sep 15, 2015 1:02 PM

Jan 2015
Rating anime takes too much effort, because my scale would only really be on enjoyment factor like it should be, because a rating should be personal. If i were to rate, id have no anime lower than 7 really, aside from a few, and most would be at least 8-9, probably too many 10's
"Make it flashier!" -Maid Chou Anime List
Sep 15, 2015 1:03 PM

Jul 2012
Comic_Sans said:
mayukachan said:
clannad AS as a 7/10

Tell me moar mayu

everyone has gigantic moe eyes and are walking stereotypes (a tsundere, a shy sickly girl, a kuudere, a comic relief loli etc.)

but i gave it a decent score because of a 4ish episodes out of 25 that were well done
the rest of the episodes were like 3/10
Sep 15, 2015 1:05 PM

Sep 2013
Since I attempt to rate largely on my perception of success or failure compared to what I think the show is trying to achieve, it is theoretically possible for this to happen. So far, I can't think of any that I truly hate but have received high scores from me, but there are some that have elements that I hate, and there are some that bother me in some way, such as sensory overload from too much action. Additionally, some very old shows have poorly preserved prints and can be bothersome to watch as a result, but since I try to rate on content, poor preservation should be irrelevant to the score.

Sometimes, I personally hate a character while also appreciating how that character is constructed and operates within the show. It is hard not to hate Makoto in School Days, but the series couldn't make its point without him. Making the audience despise him so much is one way in which the series is successful in pursuing its purpose.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Sep 15, 2015 1:06 PM

Mar 2010
None. Some get an average rating even if I hate the story and characters like 5 cm per second because of the art/animation.
Sep 15, 2015 1:07 PM

Mar 2014
mayukachan said:
Comic_Sans said:

Tell me moar mayu

everyone has gigantic moe eyes and are walking stereotypes (a tsundere, a shy sickly girl, a kuudere, a comic relief loli etc.)

but i gave it a decent score because of a 4ish episodes out of 25 that were well done
Sounds painful

I guess I should start watching it as soon as I've finished the anime watching challenge 2015 then
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 15, 2015 1:07 PM

Jul 2012
Comic_Sans said:
mayukachan said:

Sounds painful

I guess I should start watching it as soon as I've finished the anime watching challenge 2015 then

it's pretty painful when it's not focused on the main story, which is like 90% of the 50 episodes--

but the only reason to finish it is because it's one of the most popular on this site
Sep 15, 2015 1:10 PM

Mar 2014
mayukachan said:
Comic_Sans said:
Sounds painful

it's pretty painful when it's not focused on the main story, which is like 90% of the 50 episodes--

but the only reason to finish it is because it's one of the most popular on this site
Yeah I know

I am mostly interested because I've heard there are some homoerotic whatshisfaceMC x blonde best friend moments
Nico- said:
Sep 15, 2015 1:17 PM

Apr 2015
KendiKong said:
sebaf74 said:

I did not miss the point. It is just a bad point. If only people that complete the series rated the series, you would get inflated ratings. Not many sane people would watch the full season of a show they hate.
Sep 15, 2015 1:34 PM
Oct 2013
No. Never happened. When I rate slow and artsy 10, it's not because it's slow and artsy alone, it is because I loved them.
I am Aleister Morningstar, once General of the 13th Battalion of the Hellsoldiers, and now the Grand-Lord of the Grand Order of the Hellsoldier.

I am Hellsoldier, first and foremost.
Sep 15, 2015 1:38 PM

Jan 2014
Kuroi-Akuma said:
No.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 15, 2015 1:39 PM

Apr 2015
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
Sep 15, 2015 1:42 PM

Sep 2015
if u hated it, u hated it, whether its innocent or whatever. if its shit, then give it the shit it deserves.
You get what you deserve? Nope. Who decides what you deserve? Does that person even get to deserve deserving what others deserve? And who decided that that person deserves do that? Exactly. Complete bullshit. Only one thing I know that everyone deserves. And that is the right to watch good anime and drop the shitty ones. Have a nice day(you probably don't deserve that :P)
Sep 15, 2015 2:04 PM

May 2015
If I like something, I have clear reasons for doing so. I don't rate stuff that I find crap highly. Even if it's supposed to be 'critically' good but it doesn't work, I try to figure out why.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Sep 15, 2015 3:21 PM

Jun 2015
absentminded said:
Usagi Drop. pls. the manga ruined all.
so true
Sep 15, 2015 3:24 PM

Apr 2014
I rate on enjoyment so no.
Sep 15, 2015 4:24 PM
Feb 2013
sebaf74 said:
KendiKong said:

I did not miss the point. It is just a bad point. If only people that complete the series rated the series, you would get inflated ratings. Not many sane people would watch the full season of a show they hate.
Alls Im saying is ratings of only the first 1 or 2 episodes of a show are meaningless, unless maybe its an episodic anime with no story.
Sep 15, 2015 4:26 PM

May 2015
Sep 15, 2015 7:49 PM

Apr 2013
NGE is a masterpiece, but it is also disturbing
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Sep 15, 2015 7:57 PM

Feb 2015
HaXXspetten said:
What? Why the hell would I do that?

Talk about not making sense..
Sep 15, 2015 10:11 PM
Jan 2014
Gunslinger Girl, got a 10 from me (for excellent production values), but I dropped it because of the disgraceful conduct upon children who were given no choice, about their new 'profession'.
Sep 15, 2015 10:45 PM
Aug 2015
Cowboy bebop got a 5 from me didn't really live up to the "hype",so to speak, maybe because i watched it in 2014 and not when it originally aired
Sep 15, 2015 10:47 PM
Mar 2015
HxH 2011; where is the fucking sequel?
Sep 15, 2015 10:54 PM

Jan 2011
Nah.
Sep 15, 2015 10:59 PM

May 2012
I tend to give boring anime that are still good (Spice and Wolf) a pass. But, if I hate an anime, it's getting a very low rating.
Sep 15, 2015 11:02 PM

May 2014
No.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Sep 15, 2015 11:14 PM
Jun 2015
mayukachan said:
clannad AS as a 7/10

The only characters I care about in Clannad are Fuko, Tomoya, Kyou, Tomoyo, Kotomi, Ushio and Nagisa's dad.
Sep 15, 2015 11:23 PM

Aug 2014
I gave K-On! a 1
Sep 15, 2015 11:30 PM

Mar 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
If I like something, I have clear reasons for doing so. I don't rate stuff that I find crap highly. Even if it's supposed to be 'critically' good but it doesn't work, I try to figure out why.
Sep 15, 2015 11:32 PM

Mar 2012
What the fuck? No, of course not.
Sep 15, 2015 11:39 PM

May 2014
No, I rated my anime mostly on enjoyment, so anime i hate deserves low rating from me.
Sep 15, 2015 11:40 PM

Oct 2013
This is so retarded! I'm sorry I just can't understand this logic. Maybe if I have split personality I could understand this phenomenon.
Sep 15, 2015 11:44 PM

Apr 2013
I don't give anime I hate a high score O_O
Sep 15, 2015 11:50 PM

Nov 2011
TheBrainintheJar said:

If you don't enjoy action, are action-based series automatically bad?

I think the point of the question is if your critical values and what you find !fun! are different, which do you default to when they conflict?

OT: This hasn't happened to me much. If it's something that I'm not enjoying despite it meeting my standards, I would likely just drop without rating. I actually separate my standards from my enjoyment within my list; enjoyment level goes in the tags.
Sep 15, 2015 11:54 PM

Mar 2012
McGibletz said:
I gave K-On! a 1
You know what, you're right. K-ON is a great show and you're a fucking idiot for not liking it.
Sep 16, 2015 12:00 AM

Oct 2013
TripleSRank said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

I think the point of the question is if your critical values and what you find !fun! are different, which do you default to when they conflict?

OT: This hasn't happened to me much. If it's something that I'm not enjoying despite it meeting my standards, I would likely just drop without rating. I actually separate my standards from my enjoyment within my list; enjoyment level goes in the tags.

Shouldn't your standard and your enjoyment be the same? Like seriously, shouldn't your standard be link with your enjoyment? You separating your standard with your enjoyment, means you're not being true to yourself?
keragammingSep 16, 2015 12:04 AM
Sep 16, 2015 12:04 AM

Aug 2014
SeibaaHomu said:
McGibletz said:
I gave K-On! a 1
You know what, you're right. K-ON is a great show and you're a fucking idiot for not liking it.
Didn't mean to hurt your feelings
Sep 16, 2015 12:14 AM

Nov 2011
keragamming said:
TripleSRank said:

Shouldn't your standard and your enjoyment be the same? Like seriously, shouldn't your standard be link with your enjoyment?

Not necessarily. It depends on how you define enjoyment. For example, the sensation of bliss is different from the sensation of catharsis, which is different from general mental stimulation disconnected from emotions, and so on. If you tried to define literally any "desirable" response as "enjoyment", then they might be the same.

However, I find such usage to be needlessly vague and of little use. Even when separated, one's standards and one's taste are very broad categories within which people can have major differences. Maybe I and you both enjoy action sequences, but the specifics of how we prefer the action to relate to the story is different. Or maybe only one of us enjoys action sequences, but we both prefer to see them incorporated into the story in the same manner.

Situations like these make differentiating between one's taste and one's standards desirable.
TripleSRankSep 16, 2015 12:27 AM
Sep 16, 2015 12:34 AM

Oct 2013
TripleSRank said:
keragamming said:

Shouldn't your standard and your enjoyment be the same? Like seriously, shouldn't your standard be link with your enjoyment?

Not necessarily. It depends on how you define enjoyment. For example, the sensation of bliss is different from the sensation of catharsis, which is different from general mental stimulation disconnected from emotions, and so on. If you tried to define literally any "desirable" response as "enjoyment", then they might be the same.

However, I find such usage to be needlessly vague and of little use. Even when separated, one's standards and one's taste are very broad categories within which people can have major differences. Maybe I and you both enjoy action sequences, but the specifics of how we prefer the action to relate the story is different. Or maybe only one of us enjoys action sequences, both we both prefer to see them incorporated into the story in the same manner.

Situations like these make differentiating between one's taste and one's standards desirable.

I understand what you're saying. The point I'm making is that when we enjoy something, we should be able to tell why we enjoy it. Giving them break down on why you like the characters, the story ect should be easy since you enjoy it. I believe our emotion is link with our standards. Without your emotion a human could not distinct between good or bad.
Sep 16, 2015 12:35 AM

Jun 2014
No. I'm not going to give something I hated a 9.
Sep 16, 2015 12:37 AM
Jul 2015
No, I don't give highscores to shows that I didn't enjoy even if that shows are popular.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Your Favourite Anime Quotes!

on-luffy - Dec 2, 2023

32 by jcustcusj »»
5 minutes ago

» Going through shows you saw a decade ago, have they fell off?

Dragevard - 9 hours ago

14 by Iron47 »»
6 minutes ago

» Which Anime do you think has the overall best OP+ED+OSTs ? ( 1 2 )

NaRc0s_G - May 19

74 by Ex-Aid »»
9 minutes ago

» Anime that made you feel emotional

ST63LTH - 2 hours ago

5 by Codric »»
49 minutes ago

» Best bald guy?

Serafos - May 19

22 by Serafos »»
49 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.