Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 9, 2016 3:44 PM
Nov 2014
I'm really happy that Suna didn't end up with Yukika. For me she's just a creepy stalker, Not cute at all. Why would he even date her? That wouldn't make any sense. And what's with all these comment about him being asexual? He's only 16 years old. Do you have to have a girlfriend at that age (of any) to be happy? Jeez, there are other things in life...maybe he's just happy with the life he has.
May 5, 2016 6:38 AM

Apr 2011
I re-watched this episode just now...feels crept again as expected.

I felt bad and happy at same time for Yukika-chan.

May 18, 2016 9:29 AM

Sep 2010
Really this anime tries to break every single clichade there is.

Here yet again we see a proper ending rather than forcing this pair. Sure from the start it didn't felt like it will end well but as the arc progressed there was that maybe... still we get the right conclusion.
Jul 18, 2016 9:32 PM

Apr 2016
This was a very lovely episode. I loved seeing the four of them spend time together at the zoo!

I loved all of Yukika's reactions, and it was always so nice to see Yamato and Takeo support her. <33

Even though Yukika felt sad that Suna didn't feel the same...I'm happy they talked it out and had a suitable closure. :) Suna really is kind; I was so touched when he formally thanked her and gave her his gift. <3

Hope to see Suna and Yukika talk at school, and deepen their friendship!

LOL at Suna's reaction when Takeo asked, "Suna, do you like me?" :P
Sep 30, 2016 7:33 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
It was too good to be true.
Felt pretty bad for Amami, but at least she was able to put some closure in her love for Suna. Now she's friends and can talk to him at school which wasn't a bad way to end Suna's arc I guess.

That security guard lol

Jan 22, 2017 3:18 PM
May 2010
To be honest though, I really get the feeling here that Suna might just not be interested in having a relationship. I wouldn't say he's straight up asexual, but, to me it seems as if he's just content and wants to wait to find someone that he wants to pursue, if anything at all. His life thus far has been him being adored and chased after, and seeing how many of those were to his best friend, I'm sure that he might one day if at all, end up with a girl or a guy, that he likes and wants to be with, and most likely, for the other person it will be ignorance or if nothing else, disinterest at first.
Jun 22, 2017 4:48 AM

Nov 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
broodo said:
For a moment there when she wasn't answering calls I was thinking, "This is it. She's gonna off herself, & the last few episodes will be so sad. Saijou x10" Luckily after 15sec I realize that is not gonna happen.

Sunakawa is just too nice, but at the same time so aloof. Would it of killed him to engage more instead of just observing?

I was thinking the same thing, that would have been pretty dark for a lighthearted anime like this.

OT: Wow, Yukika really knows a lot about animals lol.

Well I'm not too surprised that there won't be some sort of romantic relationship between Suna and Yukika. I feel bad for her, but it looks like she's happy with this result so I guess it's all good. Nice mix of drama and comedy in this episode.

well, suna himself did say that he never felt anything for girls like takeo did. So perhaps he's aromantic (someone who doesn't feel love or isn't interested in relationships)?

iixPocky said:
I'm probably alone on this, but I think Suna is demi?? Like he mentioned before he has an interest in girls but those who confessed to him were all talking shit behind Gouda's back, so I don't think he's ace. But that's just my little opinion c:

Still rooting for Suna x Saijou!!! Their interactions were pretty cute :D

i think you meant "aro" not "ace" cuz there's nothing that suggested suna not interested in girls in a physical way, so far, it's only romantically, thus aro-aromantic
ttcchenJun 22, 2017 5:01 AM
Jun 27, 2017 5:55 AM

Mar 2014
okay obviously suna could just not like that girl (tbh I found her kind of stalker-ish creepy even though she was cute, what with taking pictures of him and knowing everything about him) but it's kind of funny to me how some of you guys find it more plausible that he is asexual or aromantic instead of gay. anyway it doesn't really matter, i think this episode was pretty realistic and fun for choosing to go that way instead of suna magically reciprocating the girl's feelings. that being said, my headcanon is that suna is gay for takeo until proven otherwise
Jul 6, 2017 3:55 PM

Aug 2013
My heart is so heavy. This ep was too relatable.
Loved how realistic it was though. And it goes to show that Suna doesn't NEED a love interest in the series, as much as everybody wants him to.
Feb 9, 2019 8:47 AM
Apr 2016
Suna is so apathetic, I mean he does care but only rationally, he feels empty, no remorse just empty...
Feb 17, 2019 12:41 AM

Apr 2012
Kitoge said:
EuTenhoBomGosto said:
Suna likes Saijou

Ehh...that may or may not be true. I don't think he likes anyone though because he probably would have told Takeo by now.

I also think this is a good ship, especially given the hint that she will have a new love interest, but I doubt that at the moment Suna has feelings for anyone. Even to Takeo, lol. In any case, I do not want Suna to remain our token bromance guy.

Bibimbapski said:
I have a feeling that Suna is either asexual, gay or hasn't met the girl he truly likes. I wasn't feeling Yukika, too much stupid drama and even though she's a megane kara, I didn't feel anything special for her.

Asexual theory still makes sense, but all the talk that he is gay or that he is in love with Takeo is just nonsense. The show is quite open about the fact that he has no romantic feelings for MC and that the idea of ​​physical intimacy with Goda is disgusting to him.

Danae said:
okay obviously suna could just not like that girl (tbh I found her kind of stalker-ish creepy even though she was cute, what with taking pictures of him and knowing everything about him) but it's kind of funny to me how some of you guys find it more plausible that he is asexual or aromantic instead of gay. anyway it doesn't really matter, i think this episode was pretty realistic and fun for choosing to go that way instead of suna magically reciprocating the girl's feelings. that being said, my headcanon is that suna is gay for takeo until proven otherwise

The show did not reject his lack of romantic or sexual desire, but it clearly rejected the idea that he was gay. And as I said, people are just obsessed with romance. Therefore, if a character does not have a canonical romantic partner, they will constantly try to find a reason for this, including delving into their sexuality and trying to ship the character with their friends. The fact that a person may simply not be interested in a relationship or not see a suitable love interest among familiar people does not take them into account.

RobertBobertFeb 17, 2019 12:55 AM
Mar 8, 2019 11:39 AM

Apr 2013
Well Suna certainly tried getting to know her. I can't blame anyone here, they all tried their best to make it work. Off to the last two episodes, hopefully with more focus on Takeo and Yamato again!
Mar 26, 2019 2:24 AM

Aug 2017
Glad unpretty Amami is out. If she cannot transform her looks she does not deserve victory. The boys like the cute girls like Saijou and Nanako.
Jul 5, 2019 4:33 AM
Jun 2013
man im sure suna never ever wants a relationship in a romantic sense. Seems he only wants friendship. Feel bad for yuki.
Aug 9, 2019 7:06 PM

Nov 2016
Oh yes, the feels were too strong. And how bittersweet it was.

But not as bitter as initially assumed, surely most of us thought that Yukika would take her life :S She has the charm of a granny, she's still a cutie, tho. Hope she and Suna can find the right one eventually.

Great episode. The comedy, the drama and the happy yet wistful ending. This had it all.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 15, 2019 1:36 PM

Oct 2013
Noooo!! :( She got turned down, kinda. But Yukika seems to be happy. She is strange girl, lol.

I liked how Takeo matured as a young man and a boyfriend since the first episode.

The trip to ZOO was dank. You could learn some things about animals as well. :p

Oct 20, 2019 1:22 PM

Jul 2016
In the end, we all know bromance is the best kind of romance.

Now seriously, it was a quite decent episode and though Yukika's uninspiring character didn't convince me in the slightest, the way how her situation with Suna was handled and concluded was really of my liking.
May 12, 2021 4:03 PM

Aug 2011
I'm glad Yukika ended up liking Suna. The way he treated her feelings seriously and gave her space to confess her feelings even though he didn't feel the same is a really mature decision! I'm glad he isn't one those cold and cool characters :) this show is just super wholesome!
desu desu binches
Jul 15, 2022 2:55 AM
Jul 2017
Truth4Lies said:
Suna probably in love with Takeo.
why do you think that?
Jul 15, 2022 3:02 AM
Jul 2017
Helenus said:
Suna is gay and actually in love with Takeo theories....

..... R I S E ! ! !

Can you give me links that are about that theory? Plzzz
Sep 13, 2022 2:45 PM
Jul 2014
In this thread: meaningless adjectives for a character who hasn't indicated he fits any of them.
Apr 10, 2023 5:08 PM
May 2021
When I watch an anime, I always think about what it teaches me and Ore Monogatari made me think about how the society is divided. From one side women who are more judgmental and from the other side men are more carelessness. I think men are more fascinated by Takeo and his statue because we tend to relate muscle to hard work, especially if you are someone that goes to the gym, it's easier for you to understand how hard it is to have results.
I believe women, especially teenagers, are too thoughtful, they are afraid by what others would think, so because of this they build a mentality that only want something or someone that looks good in coherence with what their friends and society would think that looks good, so they tend to care less about what they really feel.

I think watching this anime makes us all want someone like Takeo in our life, because we all have experienced situations that made us suffer, maybe it was due to someone's egoism or the cruelty of others, but we all need someone who is genuinely kind without anything in return and motives us to actually do something good even if it's hard to do.
May 1, 2023 10:52 PM

Sep 2020
Shame it didn't work out but it's alright. I more disappointed that it was over so quickly, I would've liked another episode of them trying to get closer :(

I did like the role-reversal with Takeo playing matchmaker for Suna this time.
SlammyHammyMay 1, 2023 10:57 PM
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2015

375 by Nakiri_Haato »»
Mar 12, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2015

161 by zibus »»
Feb 25, 10:27 PM

» How can they have sex? ( 1 2 3 )

ichii_1 - Apr 29, 2015

116 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 13, 2015

324 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 18, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

raveninthemuddle - Apr 4, 2015

435 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 18, 1:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.