Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 6, 2015 9:53 AM

Dec 2014
More Lupin III goodness.
Oct 6, 2015 7:48 PM

Mar 2014
ukloim said:
Can someone tell me if there's a way to watch this with English subs? Of course I'm talking about the version from Japanese broadcast.

There's an English subbed version up on Nyaa using the raw from the Japanese broadcast, the subs come from the Italian translation, and aren't the best. This also means no K-subs for the ED (none for the OP, either, but, the only lyrics there are "Lupin the Third!", lol)
Anyway, it's still better than nothing for now.

Man, the animation in this is incredible!
I mean, I expected nothing less after seeing the trailer, but it just looks so much better than I could have ever hoped it would.
This opening story is perfect, too... it really sets the tone perfectly. This is definitely going for the sillier side of Lupin, which is the side I love the most.
All of the voice actors were in top form, too...

Gosh, everything about this is really good thus far! Really excited to see more. I also wonder if Lupin's "wife" will make another appearance. I'm betting she will.
::End of Transmission::

Oct 6, 2015 9:23 PM

Oct 2011
Rebecca will play a major role in Lupin's heist OMG

I wonder if she'll be a new member on his team. But will she be official his wife???

Fujiko was jealous XDDD
Oct 8, 2015 1:38 PM
May 2015
Finally got to see this on Anilinkz.TV

It was an ok start to the show. I can't really see the point of Rebecca since Fujiko is already a good foil to Lupin, but as she has a secret it's worth waiting to see what more she can offer to the show.
Oct 15, 2015 4:18 PM

Oct 2007
^ Fujiko ain't worth shit if she can't put out anything on display, if you know what i mean. Defeats the point of her being a woman, might as well scratch her from the character list and introduce something more serious or thief version of zenigata and that pretty much would skyrocket the value of the show since Fujiko is merely a hindrance to the quality of the show, yet somehow people find this fact amuzing. Oh well, to each their own.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2015 2:39 AM
Dec 2009
Great first episode!! I loved it from start to finish! Excitement, romance, and thievery! Couldn't have asked for a better way to start off a new season of Lupin III. I like how they've stayed close to the original designs but the animation is crisp and colored beautifully :) Can't wait to watch the rest of this series!!!
Oct 18, 2015 9:06 PM
Nov 2012
Is it necessary to watch the other seasons of Lupin to understand this one?
Oct 19, 2015 9:10 PM
Oct 2015
iLoveLampXx said:
Is it necessary to watch the other seasons of Lupin to understand this one?

I don't think so. A few weeks ago I watched the 1st episode and if I remember correctly there was a intro (explaining the story)^^

Sighs... where can I watch the remaining episodes with english subs? I only find four episodes subbed TT__TT
HellennaOct 19, 2015 9:21 PM
Oct 21, 2015 11:22 AM
Oct 2015
Does anyone know where I can download the ost for the new series? The ost came out today.
Oct 21, 2015 1:30 PM

Feb 2013
yuzuqi said:
Sighs... where can I watch the remaining episodes with english subs? I only find four episodes subbed TT__TT
Right? It's fucking depressing is what it is. Those four episodes were so good too!
Oct 21, 2015 2:00 PM
Oct 2015
Anti-Illuminatus said:
Right? It's fucking depressing is what it is. Those four episodes were so good too!

Totally agree.. And I was so excited with Lupin III 2015... When will I finish it lol
Oct 28, 2015 6:03 AM

Apr 2014
does the last character come from old series or just a new one?
Oct 29, 2015 1:44 AM
Oct 2015
neolucaman said:
does the last character come from old series or just a new one?

Who? Rebecca? She was added to this new season ^^
HellennaOct 31, 2015 4:06 AM
Mar 8, 2016 3:30 PM

Apr 2014
Looks good. Love the opening.
themanualreader@proton.me
Jun 3, 2017 2:04 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
My first dip in the Lupin III franchise since i heard that i can start with this.
Definitly had a lot of fun with the first episode, i have a good feeling about this.
Might end up watching the old series when i finish this one.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 9, 2017 6:16 PM
Jul 2018
Watched based upon anime recommendation of MK. This looks almost familiar with MK in terms of comedy and MC. Great start!
Apr 24, 2018 4:46 AM

Dec 2012
Zenigata.
Lupin is getting married....to Rebecca? Who?
Fujiko.
Lupin is getting married to her? Well, she looks cute.
Zenigata interrupts Lupins wedding.
Rebecca's... voice.
The butlers name is Rob.
Rebecca wants Fries instead? Despite her voice, I like her. She's cultured.
Rebecca's done all that?
Affairs?
Lupin fell in love with her at first sight?
Fujiko and co. left.
Fujiko is jealous another woman is with Lupin?
55 homes? WTF!
I'm starting to realize Rebecca can do EVERYTHING.
A month?
LMAO at Lupin jumping out of his clothes. Classic.
I can't believe a guy named Rob cockblocked a person. He getting exiled from the collective Rob consciousness.
Lupin begins his plan.
It was Fujiko.
Lupin can't resist Fujiko, especially with that Miyuki voice.
Rebecca? Nani?!
We Shingeki no Kyojin now, huh?
Dat jump.
Rebecca has the crown.
Dat ED.

Was an ok start. I knew I was going to be disappointed especially since I'm watching this after the superior Fujiko Mine series and its sequels. This is pretty much 'light' Lupin. Fujiko's design isn't that good. When I see Fujiko, I'm suppose to be fapping. This one doesn't have the fap feel. Now you see the Fujiko in the opening with her visible nipples and booty goodness.... LAWD YES!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 24, 2018 1:44 AM
Apr 2008
Very charming and entertaining. Goemon back to being the surly version a la Part I, and Lupin being a real gentleman thief a la Cagliostro. Loved the falling off the cliff tree branch catch via grapple, into landing ungracefully and getting knocked on the head by the falling tree branch: throwback to Castle of Cagliostro.

Damn nice Jazz number at the end too. Sayuri Ishikawa sings jazz?! Can't believe it. Great great jazz singer.
TheOtherJNNov 24, 2018 3:09 AM
Mar 24, 2019 7:55 AM

Oct 2012
Awww I really prefer Zenigata's old voice
He isn't tough guy, sometimes he was a gentle guy.. He often cried because of Lupin's action/story
But it's Yamadera Kouichi, his works never disappointing

As expected of Yamada Yasuo's last will, I'm glad he made Kurita Kanichi to voice Lupin

Jigen's voice is different despite of the same voice actor
I guess the old age is really tough for him

Fujiko is still the same annoying, quick to betray, damsel in distress kind of character
But how can I hate her now with her voice actress? xD

This is the first time they introduced a recurring character other than Lupin & gang + Zenigata
"Signature removed"
May 13, 2019 1:37 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Had previously only seen Lupin's Castle Movie, it was fantastic, decided to start dig in the TV series years later, and starting on IV, soo much to watch, but great first impressions.

Hope Rebbeca appears later too, she and Fujiko are really fickle woman, they are quite fun addictions to the Lupin formula (which I only previously knew from the movie I refered to).´

Rebbeca design is great also, and the visuals overall are much better than what I expected, should be a fun watch.
Aug 21, 2019 5:09 AM

Sep 2011
Great start, I just said this in the Italian Game topic, but I love the character design, the colors and the animation. The OP is so cool and stylish too, and the ED is really catchy and good. Rebecca is amazing by the way. It's kind of sad that Lupin only married her for the crown, but at least she knew from the start and wasn't hurt or anything, she was also in it for the thrill. Jigen, Goemon and Fujiko also had some time to shine a bit, and the wedding was a blast with Zenigata storming in the church and with Rebecca asking Lupin if he was his lover. XD
Sep 8, 2020 11:39 AM
Mar 2019
One of my favorite anime episodes in all I’ve watched, that crown chase scene with Rebecca was spectacular, probably my favorite anime scene I’ve ever watched, I wish I could experience that for the first time again.
Nov 30, 2020 10:12 AM

Aug 2018
The new season of attack on titan looks different

Also blue jacket > Everything else
_______I like rocks__
Jun 24, 2021 2:28 PM

Nov 2016
I knew Fujiko would be jealous.

One episode in and Part III got nothing on this, heck this has the potential to become my favorite part. Rebecca is pretty wild and I'm looking forward to see where this storyline is going.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 13, 2021 1:00 PM
Apr 2015
So this is the twilight of Lupin's career.
Dec 30, 2021 11:01 AM

Feb 2012
Good to see Lupin back on form. Great music and the story really captured the feeling of classic (part II) Lupin. Goemon looked a bit younger, and once again Fujiko has had a huge makeover. But even then Fujiko's gestures and facial expressions were familiar. It's nice to see them animated in the same way.

However, there's something about the animation that did bug me a bit. Somehow it looked like a computer game rather than the animation style I'm used to. I think it might be because the outlines of characters are drawn to be thicker than usual, which draws attention to the fact that the backgrounds are largely static, with only the characters moving a bit. Of course that's common in anime, but the way the lines are drawn does make a difference. Also the colour palette is a bit garish for my taste, which adds to the effect.

But these are small points, I'll be happy if the rest of the series continues in this vein.
Oct 27, 2022 2:00 AM

Aug 2017
That was quite nice, I like the designs and hope they'll use the setting more. A bit confused about episode duration though - MAL and anidb list 25 minutes while I'm watching them ~23. Is something missing or just incorrect info again? Though Italian wikipedia says 22 minutes, maybe it's okay. Looking forward to the series, not looking forward to sorting out the differences between Italian and Japanese versions. I wonder how they'll do an overarching plot, I'm used only to episodic Lupin.

Feorg said:
Somehow it looked like a computer game rather than the animation style I'm used to.

Interesting point, I think it was more noticeable in the more 3D parts of the episode, like flying around with camera moving and so on. But that's the future of anime I guess...
Dec 15, 2022 12:10 AM

Dec 2021
After capping off the pink jacket stuff, I decided to give the blue jacket series a shot.

First thoughts... even though the dude had apparently been doing the voice for 20 years at the release of this version, Kurita Kanichi just doesn't sound like the Lupin I'm familiar with, which is weird, since by the 2019 movie Lupin III: The First, he had nailed the voice. Eh. Jigen is still in dire need of a new seiyu, sorry Kobayashi, you just didn't have the voice no more. Goemon Fujiko and Zenigata have the same seiyu that they had in the 2019 movie, and there really isn't much of a difference in how they sound here vs there.

Comedy-wise, this wasn't the best first episode. Not much else I can think of to say. Art style and animation look a bit weird to me, but I can't put my finger on exactly what looks off. It was good enough, but it probably would've been more impactful if I watched it when it started airing, with the knowledge that proper TV Lupin hadn't been a thing for 30 years at that time. RN though? I think the first episode of every prior part has been better than this, and this first episode was completely forgettable in comparison. I'm hopeful it'll get better.

Last second additional comment, did they really have to blow their load by putting Samba Temperado in the very first episode? Save that for something higher stakes.
Daviljoe193Dec 15, 2022 12:19 AM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III (2015) Episode 12 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Oct 3, 2015

14 by Lessa_AG5 »»
Apr 10, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Lupin III (2015) Episode 10 Discussion

TrueHaremKing - Sep 13, 2015

20 by illkyum »»
Dec 16, 2023 10:12 PM

Poll: » Lupin III (2015) Episode 24 Discussion

deg - Jan 14, 2016

10 by adrai99 »»
Jul 3, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Lupin III (2015) Episode 7 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Sep 7, 2015

15 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 20, 2022 2:31 PM

Poll: » Lupin III (2015) Episode 4 Discussion

TrueHaremKing - Aug 30, 2015

37 by St0rmblade »»
Oct 27, 2022 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.