Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 28, 2015 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh Itami you lucky bastard. Having not one but two girls sleeping with him.

Funny episode though, especially with Pina and her friend questioning about the logic of "BL" lol. I think the other girls are really starting to get used to the modern culture too. They look good~

Some bits of fan service though with the girls. I think BDs will remove the censor. Obviously, the TV adaptation is more tame on this so....

Neat episode. Liked the balance of the relaxing atmosphere in the first half with the military and political affairs for the remainder.

Rory <3
Aug 28, 2015 9:00 AM

Jul 2014
Those scenes where Rory almost raped Itami was great
It's better than the manga except we need more Lewdness addition to it.
Itami's expression was really priceless loool
I never thought Itami's ex wife could be so beautiful like that ._.
Damn the studios really nailed it about her character design.

Leillei is too damn cute and can't wait to see Rory's rampage in next episode.
SanzenAug 28, 2015 9:10 AM

Aug 28, 2015 9:02 AM

Mar 2014
Did they really end the episode like that??!!1!?11!?!?1

WHY THE ****ING TEASE?

Edit:
Full version
DesuTronicAug 28, 2015 11:03 AM
Aug 28, 2015 9:03 AM

Nov 2013
tell me if this is what you really want in this episode

Damn, I want to see Donald Trump as president of 'murica in this show, but A-1 didn't deliver it ( ´_ゝ`)

even thought I quite enjoy the fanservice part(´∀`)
AND GODF*CKING MOTHERF*CKING SH*T THAT ENDING

0/10 EPISODE.
THAT'S IT.
Aug 28, 2015 9:42 AM

Nov 2008
This was a bad time to end that on a cliff hanger, I was expecting to see the Special Forces barge in before the episode ended, also Youji nearly getting raped by Rory is hilarious.

I'll take that as long as it doesn't happen every episode

Aug 28, 2015 9:44 AM

Mar 2014
Hoppy said:
I'll take that as long as it doesn't happen every episode

This was probably just the mandatory fanservice episode.
Aug 28, 2015 9:57 AM

May 2014
DesuTronic said:
Did they really end the episode like that??!!1!?11!?!?1

WHY THE ****ING TEASE?

Because it is epic? XD

Opening poll:
Who votes that Rory= the best girl of 2015?

Seriously speaking, we all know that it is going to be interrupted. It is the golden rule of anime after all along to rules like these:
*first girl has 99% win chance in romance anime
*if it is harem, then highest winning chance goes to tsundere (who is most likely ojoo-sama)
*mc is most likely sitting in the back of the class near the window
*shounen will contain nakama speeches
And so on....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2015 10:27 AM

Aug 2010
Sparteh said:

Opening poll:
Who votes that Rory= the best girl of 2015?

Not even the best girl in this show.
Aug 28, 2015 10:28 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
WORST CLIFFHANER OF THE SEASON LOL (Excluding Rokka no Yuusha of course)

It was pretty interesting to find out about Itami's ex wife and her hobbies lol....I died at how the princess and her knight were obsessed with that yaoi stuff xD Poor princess wants to live there forever lol

This night time warfare was kinda confusing at first but even then I'm impressed with the Japanese military for carrying out their mission flawlessly and I really like the Defense Secretary guy too

Best girl Rory was fucking 10/10 and that shopping montage in the clothing store was 20/10....We all know it's not gonna happen but man if I was Itami I would have destroyed her ass in a second lol
TokoyaAug 28, 2015 10:32 AM
Aug 28, 2015 10:28 AM

Jan 2012
That cliffhanger! :D Plenty of glorious fanservice this week...plus some political intrigue.
Aug 28, 2015 10:30 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy shit, Rory! D: WHY CLIFFHANGER?!
Aug 28, 2015 10:32 AM

Apr 2010
They adapted this scene pretty well next week will be fun.
In any case it's funny that the princess and Boses didn't get what they wanted in the library.
animefan8800 said:
That cliffhanger! :D Plenty of glorious fanservice this week...plus some political intrigue.
You could see the girls in their full glory in the manga.
Boses was hot.
Aug 28, 2015 10:35 AM

Mar 2013
Except for the damn cliffhanger. I know we aren't suppose to talk about the manga, but they made the Prime Minister out to be a martyr when he's really just a scared bed wetter. :sigh:
Aug 28, 2015 10:37 AM

Mar 2013
Aversa said:
They adapted this scene pretty well next week will be fun.
In any case it's funny that the princess and Boses didn't get what they wanted in the library.
animefan8800 said:
You could see the girls in their full glory in the manga.
Boses was hot.

Agreed on Boses being hotter in the manga. So is Kurobayashi. I think they up Princess Pina & Rory in the anime which is a good thing. Pina ain't all that, but is a perv.
Aug 28, 2015 10:40 AM

Mar 2014
My god.
Aug 28, 2015 10:41 AM

Feb 2015

This episode was full of cuteness.

So the princesses are now fujoshis lol

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2015 10:42 AM

Jun 2014
Ughhhh the cliffhanger whyyy!?!?!
Aug 28, 2015 10:49 AM

May 2014
I can already predict what is going to happen next. Soldiers will interfere with Rory's fun, so she will have it in other, more bloody way. Lets see if I am correct.
Aug 28, 2015 10:49 AM

Oct 2007
SchwingBoner said:

This episode was full of cuteness.

So the princesses are now fujoshis lol

I tire so very very much of this cliche of late. Anime is really running the whole "hurrhurrhurr it's yuri/yaoi" thing into the ground extra hard of late, especially this summer. It's like from a few years back when stuff had this obsession with "trap" characters that appear female in every sense but we're told are male and that's supposed to be funny or something in a "hahaha fooled you" kind of way, but really isn't at all IMO. Anime, especially LN based anime in general could stand to broaden the scope of it's comedy a little beyond the same stable of 5-10 otaku in-jokes all the time since it gets really stale really fast.

Sparteh said:
I can already predict what is going to happen next. Soldiers will interfere with Rory's fun, so she will have it in other, more bloody way. Lets see if I am correct.

I would sooner expect some sort of largely bloodless and camera shaking slaughter that largely focuses on something like her voice actress moaning erotically in ecstasy so that that can then largely fill out the subject next week of just how much people were turned on and popping their boners over it and that Rory is best girl etc. Forward plot progression would be optional.
PeacingOutAug 28, 2015 10:54 AM
Aug 28, 2015 10:55 AM

Apr 2013
The dankness was overwhelming in this one. More Rory please.
dankzelAug 28, 2015 11:58 AM
Aug 28, 2015 10:57 AM

Aug 2010
Best ep yet for me. Lots of fun moments with cool politics in the background. Even adaption wise it was really good.

Pina and Boses finding out about DAT ART was so lol

Lelei's sleeping face is cute <3

Dem Fate references XD Calling the guerrillas Servants names and calling the target the grail.
That's Japan for u XD

There were some scenes which showed how big Kuribayashi really is ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dat Rory scene gave me a boner! SO FRIGGIN HAWT!!! The cliffhanger killed my boner so fast it wasn't even funny OTL

Murica, Mother Russia and China meeting nxt week should be fun :P
Aug 28, 2015 11:03 AM

Apr 2014
Gate is just too good

One of the best anime of the season

Aug 28, 2015 11:04 AM

Jun 2014
This cliffhanger is something else hooooly shit.

looks like next week shits goin down
Aug 28, 2015 11:06 AM

Oct 2007
Barion-Zara said:

Dat Rory scene gave me a boner! SO FRIGGIN HAWT!!! The cliffhanger killed my boner so fast it wasn't even funny OTL

That's such a truly overwhelmingly pity. Thank you so much for sharing this story with us, it's incredibly interesting bordering on riveting to hear about these things and truly a unique point on this thread that won't in any way become a lasting theme I'm sure.
Aug 28, 2015 11:12 AM

Jan 2013
oh god next episode can't come sooner.
Aug 28, 2015 11:16 AM

Mar 2014
Didn't realize Kurebayashi was so stacked, equipment sure can make things misleading, always thought she was flat.
Kinda hard to imagine her being an expert on hand-to-hand combat.
Aug 28, 2015 11:20 AM

Jul 2009
With this, I find it even more difficult for the guy from the Episode 8 discussion to argue Rory not a cougar...
Aug 28, 2015 11:22 AM

Mar 2014
but tukas outfit im actually in love
Aug 28, 2015 11:23 AM

Aug 2008
Decent fan service. Nothing much happen but more action next week I guess.

Rory best girl again. That badass stare, that fan service.
ZapredonAug 28, 2015 11:30 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 28, 2015 11:26 AM

Jun 2014
Damn I thought I was watching Fate/Stay Night at first with all the Archer, Saber, Lancer, and Grail stuff. The military part of this episode was pretty interesting to watch.

Lol at Pina and Boses becoming fascinated by BL, and Rory, Lelena, and Tuka looked cute in the clothes they were trying out.

*insert inevitable comment of Rory practically giving me a boner and being the best girl here*. Seriously, I'm sure they aren't actually going to do it. It's pretty obvious it will be interrupted. But you know, you gotta tease the fanbase somehow lol.

It was also interesting to learn why Itami and Risa divorced. An otaku + a mangaka.....that's practically a match made in heaven. This was a decent episode, mainly focused on fanservice and comedy. Hopefully things pick up next week.
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Barion-Zara said:

That's such a truly overwhelmingly pity. Thank you so much for sharing this story with us, it's incredibly interesting bordering on riveting to hear about these things and truly a unique point on this thread that won't in any way become a lasting theme I'm sure.

+1
polesp said:

Neither can Itami......if you know what I mean....
thebrentinator24Aug 28, 2015 11:29 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 28, 2015 11:34 AM

Oct 2007
thebrentinator24 said:
Damn I thought I was watching Fate/Stay Night at first with all the Archer, Saber, Lancer, and Grail stuff. The military part of this episode was pretty interesting to watch.

Lol at Pina and Boses becoming fascinated by BL, and Rory, Lelena, and Tuka looked cute in the clothes they were trying out.

*insert inevitable comment of Rory practically giving me a boner and being the best girl here*. Seriously, I'm sure they aren't actually going to do it. It's pretty obvious it will be interrupted. But you know, you gotta tease the fanbase somehow lol.

It was also interesting to learn why Itami and Risa divorced. An otaku + a mangaka.....that's practically a match made in heaven. This was a decent episode, mainly focused on fanservice and comedy. Hopefully things pick up next week.
Kaioshin_Sama said:

+1
polesp said:

See it's no fun when people don't even understand sarcasm. Whatever lol...can't even say I'm surprised really.
Aug 28, 2015 11:38 AM

Jan 2011
Rory's such a tease. What a cliffhanger.

Corruption everywhere though.
Those foreign agents are still going down. I can feel it.
SkyTateAug 28, 2015 11:42 AM
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Aug 28, 2015 11:41 AM

Jun 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
thebrentinator24 said:

+1

See it's no fun when people don't even understand sarcasm. Whatever lol...can't even say I'm surprised really.

Wait...I understood that you were being sarcastic though. That's why I put the "+1"
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 28, 2015 11:41 AM
Nov 2010
I don't like how they mashed things up in this episode. I hope it gets better next week, though I do not expect much.
Aug 28, 2015 11:42 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
This episode was decent, kind expected more from it.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Aug 28, 2015 11:44 AM
Jun 2014
boring. 2/5
Aug 28, 2015 11:46 AM

Oct 2007
thebrentinator24 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Wait...I understood that you were being sarcastic though. That's why I put the "+1"

Lol my bad then. Sorry I just don't actually ever expect anyone to agree with or support my posts, especially when they say virtually the same thing I'm kind of poking fun at. I don't know why people like sharing what I call their boner stories on these forums so much nowadays but it's kind of more than a little strange even if I figure it's some sort of internet meme.
Aug 28, 2015 11:48 AM

Mar 2015
-Loved the homage to Fate Stay/Night!

-Loved the outfit Rory bought at the store

More interesting information about Itami. I think he's been in communication with the Defense Minister at least since he brought the refugees back to Alnus Base, and they made some contingency plans well before bringing the girls through the Gate back to Japan. That conversation they had by the lake really made me feel that way.

Cliffhangers that make you scream are SOP for Gate, apparently! Now watch them not have one for a few episodes, and then slap us with one when it really counts. ;)

That shot of Kuribayashi sleeping at the resort reminded me of an aspect of my experience with women in uniform. When I saw them off duty in civilian clothes, many times the difference was incredible. My platoon once made fun of me when I honestly didn't recognize one of the Staff Officers we'd been working with for almost a month when we saw her off duty coming out of a theater.
Top_SergeantAug 28, 2015 12:04 PM
The sword that takes life gives life
Aug 28, 2015 11:50 AM
Jul 2018
We got some fanservice in this episode.

Itami is a lucky guy since he is having girls sleeping him and Rory seducing him!
Aug 28, 2015 12:01 PM

Feb 2014
Well those guys are all gonna die after Rory rapes Itami.
Aug 28, 2015 12:02 PM

Sep 2013
Nice slice of life, comedy and politic moments :)
The Japan special force wiping out those foreign guys like the were trash, real subtle stuff ;) lmfao XD

That Rory <3
A realistic showing of would happen when a attractive girl comes on to a single guy :)

Aug 28, 2015 12:03 PM

Oct 2011
Interesting episode. Corruption everywhere.

I don't know why, but I found this very funny.

Aug 28, 2015 12:04 PM

Jun 2013
Damn Rory is teaser...Bozes get's princess to attack her to tell everything. X3 and other countries make their moves...And Americans had to use that to stop getting their CIA Team from getting killed...so Japanese Special team is better than them?

SkyTate said:
Rory's such a tease. What a cliffhanger.

Corruption everywhere though.
Those foreign agents are still going down. I can feel it.

you haven't read manga huh..OK not going to spoil anything then...

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.

Paulo27 said:
Didn't realize Kurebayashi was so stacked, equipment sure can make things misleading, always thought she was flat.
Kinda hard to imagine her being an expert on hand-to-hand combat.

Well, she looks more hot in this than in Manga. Have to agree with you tough, equipment is misleading.
JarjaxleJan 15, 2016 7:24 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Aug 28, 2015 12:06 PM
Feb 2013
Itami you bastard, Japanese laws don't apply to demigods. Rory best gal but Lelei is too cute.
Aug 28, 2015 12:07 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Rory's best girl level just keeps sky rocketing with every new episode
Aug 28, 2015 12:09 PM

Sep 2013
Rory and her orgasms again lol. Itami might become a pedo after this. I just realized while writing this that Rory in japanese is "Rori" and in english "Loli."
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 28, 2015 12:16 PM

Apr 2012
an onsen episode with gratuitous amounts of fanservice without being a filler
what a surprise

Aug 28, 2015 12:32 PM

Dec 2013
Oh no, they did not cut the episode off like this...
Aug 28, 2015 12:33 PM

Aug 2013
Wish I get some Rory service like that.
Aug 28, 2015 12:51 PM

Mar 2015
Some fanservice this episode. That last scene...
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2015

207 by GooseHybrid »»
Apr 25, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2015

186 by Shadized »»
Apr 14, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2015

291 by Shadized »»
Apr 14, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2015

283 by Myetx »»
Mar 30, 1:27 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2015

188 by Strahan »»
Mar 24, 6:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.