Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 22, 2015 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, so this episode has more of music thanks to...and again comedy. Should I be surprised? Nope. Yusa looks really energetic though.

I think he might of met this girl somewhere before. What a silly encounter imo:

Beautiful music OST used this episode though.
I can't wait for the album to come out. Also I think Yuu is becoming more selfless this episode in helping out others. Now that's a bit of change to his character.
Aug 22, 2015 8:25 AM

Jul 2014
That's a long-ass insert song but a cute performance by Yusarin.

A few weird faces made by Takajou.

And more...

Btw, isn't this chick from that Akagami anime? Kek.
Aug 22, 2015 8:29 AM

Nov 2013
to summarize:
How to calm down overly stressed people with wonderful ENGRISH song.
And here's your just-10-cm-to-go shot
Aug 22, 2015 8:44 AM

Jul 2014
So this cutie one is the Vocalist of Zhiend
What a shocking revelation!

She even knew that Yuu just lost the one he loved.

I didn't expect that song by her is going to calm down Nao's older brother. Can't wait for the next episode and their full band performance.

Aug 22, 2015 8:51 AM
Feb 2015
i have a theory about this person, what if she also has ablity/power using the Eye like yuu? and the scientist stole it from her?(srry my english suck XD, japanese here)

and i liked how Yuu saying that He might change because of meeting Tomori( what i mean is becoming a gentle person)
my heart is hurting everytime yuu remember imouto-san T_T poor yuu
and btw this girl is more look like Iwasawa from Angel Beats aside from her hair color
MenmaTheBestAug 22, 2015 9:01 AM
Aug 22, 2015 9:14 AM
Apr 2015
And here I was hoping for a heavy-ish episode again :(
Aug 22, 2015 9:24 AM

Aug 2015
great episode

So this was pretty much Yuu's self wish fulfillment. He wanted to repay Nao back and did so with Sala. They made him grow as a character as well this episode.

in comparison

Nao really draws out the worst in people.

She was talking about how she doesn't care if he met Zhiends vocalist.
She's fine with buying their albums and going to lives and now he's talking about wanting to bring Sala to her brother.

RodoxbroxAug 22, 2015 10:21 AM
Aug 22, 2015 9:56 AM

Nov 2014
i was waiting for something but it didn't happen this episode... what i got was foreshadowing and more Engrish....

3/5

#AnimaxCharlotte
Aug 22, 2015 10:00 AM
Aug 2015
Loving the episode.
Loving the shipping YuXTomori
Aug 22, 2015 10:04 AM

Jan 2014
Obligatory PA Works Song advertisement. Sasuga PA

Well, not too much happened. Seems the connection between Yuu and Nao just got stronger. A pretty slow development, taking up the entire episode.

Shirayuki Sarah is really chill. Not a big fan of 'wise character who can read people's feelings' but meh.

Overall, a pretty okay episode. Does not beat last week's nor episode 1, duh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2015 10:10 AM

Jul 2010
I thought that it'd be another slow-paced episode, but I didn't expect this. It looks like Nao's brother is getting better.

I just hope Jun Maeda doesn't throw us on another wild ride by making Nao disappear before the concert in the next episode, given the ominous title "The World Not Present".
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Aug 22, 2015 10:11 AM

Feb 2015
it's getting good.
to be honest, only for this episode, i really like zhiend vocalist , sarah especially her voice.

and the last minute , i kinda want to cry after seeing sarah singing in front of nao's brother. it's like she's curing noa's brother. and when you heard noa's voice after what happen in the last minute, i definetely heard a little cry from noa

another emotional episode.
so the next episode will be the climax right?

#AnimaxCharlotte
Aug 22, 2015 10:24 AM

Mar 2014
2 pretty good reaction gifs

Aug 22, 2015 10:28 AM

Aug 2015
>That Engrish Song by Sarah, I really need to wait for the release of that album(if ever), yeah so good that calm the shit out of Nao's brother.
>That song by Yusarin, I really liked how Nao called Yuu to listen to her MV because I think the message of the song is really for Yuu.
>Forced comedy strikes again
>Overall 4/5 episode can't wait for next week.
Aug 22, 2015 10:33 AM

Jan 2009
i didn't like it to be honest, the mood changed too fast from last episode and they're back to introducing characters that they probably won't develop. plus the jokes got old a while ago.
Aug 22, 2015 10:34 AM

Dec 2014
Which is worse? Glasslip, a black hole of fun and investment and the perfect definition of "nothing", or Charlotte, an insensitive, sloppy, manipulative, and occasionally offensive (of course I'm referring to the shameless product placement here, and some) work of art? I'm serious, the writer has got to be in a certain level of oblivious to not realize he is trying this hard in writing a piece of shit, wasn't expecting this from Jun Maeda, seems like he is those kind of people who the harder they try the harder they fall.

Edit: it's fall not fail damn it.
raveninthemuddleAug 22, 2015 11:26 AM
Aug 22, 2015 10:46 AM

Aug 2013
MINMAY- said:
i didn't like it to be honest, the mood changed too fast from last episode and they're back to introducing characters that they probably won't develop. plus the jokes got old a while ago.

Because 12 eps for Key story is not enough.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 22, 2015 10:50 AM

Jul 2014
Im quite surprised, didnt expect this to be somewhat boring, I was expecting more than just Yuu's development and Tomori's bro slowly getting better. Cmon Charlotte prove me wrong that you aint just a bad ver of Clannad.
Aug 22, 2015 10:51 AM

Aug 2013
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
rsc-pl said:

Because 12 eps for Key story is not enough.

are 13 + 1 ova

Ehh you know what I mean, 12 or 13, there is no difference.

I like this anime as I like every Key's production. It has that specific vibe which causes that I can't wait for next episode. Charlotte is not something which I rate 10/10 (for now), but it IS something different than usual anime. This is the reason why I like it that much.
rsc-plAug 22, 2015 11:24 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 22, 2015 10:55 AM

Dec 2010
Meh. That felt kinda fake. Falls short compared to the last episode.
Aug 22, 2015 10:59 AM

Nov 2008
rsc-pl said:
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:

are 13 + 1 ova

Ehh you know what I mean, 12 or 13, there is no difference.

Well it comes also to the point of the 'semi waste' of the first 5.. to then go the cliche route of off a character for development .. I am sure powers will play a key role in whats to come .. and remembering things .. but we will see very soon I suspect some heavy dramaish eps soon since they are running out of eps to play with.

And the Vocalist did of course drop some heavy foreshadowing
sirwenceAug 22, 2015 11:08 AM
Aug 22, 2015 11:01 AM

Jul 2014
Things have changed a lot since the previous two weeks and everything is back to normal including Yuu. Good episode as usual, let's see if there's any twist in the next coming episode.
Aug 22, 2015 11:02 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Just what i expected after seeing the preview. Nothing much to say, i'm liking how Yuu and Nao grow closer together by helping each other.

It was too easy how they could get Nao's brother to somewhat normal (is it permanent though or just this moment?)
SmudyAug 22, 2015 11:05 AM
Aug 22, 2015 11:05 AM

Dec 2009
So while I'll try and hold off from saying this is really an anime about Yuu and Nao's relationship, I want to say this anime isn't really about teens with powers and more about Yuu and Nao.

This episode being a prime example. Yuu does his best from her brother because he is doing his best for her sake. Like he says at the end of the episode, Tomori has changed him a lot. Whereas Tomori saved him last episode from going down, Yuu saves Tomori's brother in return.

It's been a give and take relationship. This episode showed a deeper aspect to that relationship. I feel the dynamics of said relationship will radically change with the coming of the concert. Maybe not necessarily romantically (though I hope so)

I also feel the concert is going to be a big event. The episode ends omniously with Yuu feeling nostalgic ZHEED. I think a lot of people may have been correct about the whole time traveling. Or maybe Yuu will meet this mysterious 3rd figure in his family. Who knows. I could be making random ass observations up.
Aug 22, 2015 11:10 AM
Jun 2015
When we will get to the main plot btw?

I will drop it if there is onlynao x yuu romance and nothing plot development in the next episode(13 episodes, huh?angel beats had better pacing)
Aug 22, 2015 11:11 AM

Jul 2010
Seeing Yusa's music video, it was okay, but I didn't expect it to be showed for that long.

Yuu seeing and admitting Nao is someone important to him, liked the development.

Sarah singing was pretty nice, it really seemed like Nao's brother was composing at that moment.

With only a few more episodes, this episode really had the "everyday life" vibe to it, not that I mind, but I wonder what sort of storm would come after a relatively peaceful episode.
Aug 22, 2015 11:15 AM

Nov 2008
ani12 said:

I will drop it if there is onlynao x yuu romance and nothing plot development in the next episode(13 episodes, huh?angel beats had better pacing)

Ouch - I dont think AB really handled anything with its plot overly well either.
Aug 22, 2015 11:15 AM

Feb 2015

I didn't expect Zhiend's vocalist to be blind. That was a surprise.
Yuu is definitely kinder and more empathetic now. Guess Ayumi's death and Nao's help really changed him. For the better.
Looking forward to their date next episode.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2015 11:17 AM

Sep 2012
raveninthemuddle said:
Which is worse? Glasslip, a black hole of fun and investment and the perfect definition of "nothing", or Charlotte, an insensitive, sloppy, manipulative, and occasionally offensive (of course I'm referring to the shameless product placement here, and some) work of art? I'm serious, the writer has got to be in a certain level of oblivious to not realize he is trying this hard in writing a piece of shit, wasn't expecting this from Jun Maeda, seems like he is those kind of people who the harder they try the harder they fail.

These are some pretty harsh words lol, but my views about this anime is same as yours. I really "love" when they kill characters for the plot development yet in the next episode they go for the same shitty jokes.
Inferno_CopAug 22, 2015 11:20 AM
Aug 22, 2015 11:18 AM

May 2012
Rally loved the second half of the episode. That music video sucked imo and why was it so long.

Also loved the singing at the end.

Dat Jesus had me rolling for some reason.
Aug 22, 2015 11:20 AM

Mar 2014
Sala and her awesomeness reminds me of Iwasawa's awesomeness from Angel Beats, another anime written by Jun Maeda. That coupled with Sala's eccentric enthusiasm and you have one kick ass character in my book.

Her Engrish is hilarious and I wonder if thatwill be explained or ifit's just a quirk.

I'm getting a bit worried, with the pacing this show has and only having 5 episodes to actually, well, get to the point/ feels of this story it's looking like they may rush the end a lot . Which is funny because it happened with Angel Beats, but with Little Busters Refrain which came after AB, the ending was not rushed.

How old is Sala supposed to be? Her backstory made it seem like she'd finished school sometime ago but her singing healing the brother makes me think it was due to her power that the brother was healed (Whatever that power maybe) which would require her to be an adolescent . . .Unless she feels she is a "kid at heart" so much she got to kee her power XP
StardustNyakoAug 22, 2015 11:26 AM
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Aug 22, 2015 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
Yusarin's singing video was really nice.

I really loved the singing at the end!
Aug 22, 2015 11:21 AM

Jun 2014
They introduced Zhiend's vocalist, I wonder how much she'll contribute to the story. She brought some nice funny moments in this episode. I thought this episode would be a little more emotional, and while it had some emotional moments, it felt like the mood between last episode and this episode switched back to comedy too fast.

And they need to stop with the "such a turn off" joke whenever Takajo fangasms over Yusarin. That joke has become overused and redundant to the point where I just roll my eyes when they use it.
thebrentinator24Aug 22, 2015 12:02 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 22, 2015 11:22 AM
Jun 2015
sirwence said:
ani12 said:

Ouch - I dont think AB really handled anything with its plot overly well either.

True...but I felt that by episode 8, we could well realize the plot in AB...

And here in charlotte...I can't think how they will cram all theories of time leap,etc in 5 ep
Aug 22, 2015 11:23 AM

Aug 2010
Miyuki and Sugita in one ep :O

Sala's awesome and her character design is so friggin beautiful. Her eyes are mesmerizing <3

I wonder what connection Yu has to her if any since he's feeling nostalgia?
Aug 22, 2015 11:25 AM

Apr 2012
I absolutely loved the lead singer of Zhiend's song. <3

Jun 2015
Decent episode.

Ship!!! <3
I like the blind vocalist. Love her attitude and talents. Nice decision by Yuu to bring her to see Nao's bro. Glad it had a positive effect. Hopefully the duo will have a great time at the gig!

May 2014
Sweet episode. He really did change. Now the true mystery remains. Why it feels so nostalgic for him?
Aug 22, 2015 11:26 AM

Feb 2015
Freaking terrible episode. Sloppy animation, bad comedy, and too many seconds wasted on Sala and Yuu walking, riding a bus, or eating. Also I'm not sure how Yuu can still stand Nao. She basically forced him to attend her school, which indirectly led to his sister's downfall. He should control her and command her to jump out the window, much like she did to Takajo.

Yusarin's Music Video was so dragged out and bad. The English was terrible. But I will say the English in Sala's song was surprisingly good. Nice job Jun using 'atonement for sins cliche' to explain her blindness gg
Aug 22, 2015 11:27 AM
Apr 2012
The lead singer of Zhiend had some funny quirks, but otherwise, I couldn't really understand what they were going for with her character.

Her background was awfully confusing (I don't know if this is because of the poor English translation, or poor writing), and I don't get where her blindness is supposed to have come from. Did she blind herself, or use some type of power . . . I just don't understand what they were going for with her character. Still, watching her bring Nao's brother out of the depths of instability was awesome (even the English pronunciation was so-so).

As for the rest of the episode, I agree with a few others here who were worried about Yuu recovering too quickly. He doesn't seem weary enough. Apparently, he's recovered enough that he can already put on a smiling face for others? I don't think Maeda accurately conveyed how broken he should still be.

Meanwhile, Nao's reason for not wanting to meet Sala was a bit underexplained. It felt like it was just done to subvert expectations with no clear explanation as to why this is in-character for her.

The after music video reactions were kinda funny (though it would have been more insightful if we got internal dialogue from Yuu that showed his emotions), but the rest of the humor had similar problems to before. Does every female in this series have some big thing for food?! In addition, Yusarin's music video had terrible cinematography (points to Nao for telling it like it is!)

Also, this episode didn't do anything to advance the main plot (aside from referencing that water-dude hadn't shown up). Hopefully, the climax is still satisfying.
conformityrulesAug 22, 2015 11:31 AM
Aug 22, 2015 11:28 AM

Feb 2014
Really good episode, the part with the english singing was beautiful. Nao x Yuu shipping intensifies...

And that insert song at the start reminded me a lot of K-on!
Aug 22, 2015 11:30 AM

Jan 2012
Helping Nao's brother through song eh? I'm surprised it had any effect. Will something big happen at this Zhiend concert?
Aug 22, 2015 11:34 AM

Nov 2012
I really like the second part of the episode when he met the vocalist of that group...
Wonder if she will be part of the plot later and was not only on this episode...
Also, I wonder how Yuu figure out she was part of that group?
Aug 22, 2015 11:34 AM

Feb 2015
This show is like the worst parts of Angel Beats and Clannad put together.
Aug 22, 2015 11:36 AM

Feb 2015
Them fixing Nao's problems that quickly is all in an effort to fit a huge plot into only 13 episodes. Not the strongest episode of the series so far, but I enjoyed it and am enjoying Charlotte as a whole.
Aug 22, 2015 11:38 AM

Jan 2015
Decent episode. I liked the part where they brought Nao's brother in, but really 'healing' him was just a bit too much for my liking. I hope we get some explanation from what happened and what his state is now (is he really sane again?).
Aug 22, 2015 11:41 AM

Jul 2015
Good episode but not like the forced joke part tho..
Aug 22, 2015 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
I don't get people saying things like ''Oh, so Sala is blind'' since we already knew that from the 5th episode.

Anyways, this episode just reinforced my theory. Will probably post later if I feel like it.
Aug 22, 2015 11:45 AM

Jan 2010
That vocalist is hot o.o

MatheineAug 22, 2015 11:55 AM
Aug 22, 2015 11:47 AM
Jun 2014
the pacing was way off, one minuet he was about to take drugs then he is back to normal the next day? i don't think so. rubbish to be honest. 2/5
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Yuu's Ability

PenguinLam - Apr 18

38 by ChadtheTech »»
Yesterday, 11:04 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

649 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sakaitsu - Jul 4, 2015

652 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2015

886 by KumaGetsu »»
Apr 18, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2015

858 by Mads004 »»
Mar 29, 8:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.