Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Aug 28, 2015 11:59 PM
Jan 2013
i like it when lenka pray to the ground ang said "kamii-samaa" with face full of helplesness clothes full of stinking blood, and sudenly the ground falls off and they keep grabbing the sword just to get drowned....
well, at least it's entertaining.
Aug 29, 2015 2:15 PM

Dec 2014
the action was brutally honest...like powerups or levelling might not work everytime..

expecting some Post-trauma issues..

Aug 29, 2015 3:41 PM

Feb 2013
LMFAO! That was so ridiculous I can't stop laughing. They're trying to be all dramatic with the music and dragging out that nonsense. Lenka got stabbed through, and he's up walking half carrying Alisa. ROFLS!
Aug 29, 2015 5:43 PM
Jun 2015
HOLY SHIT!! This episode was the best of the season so far. I was jumping out of my seat when shit started to go down.
"I'm warning you. You so much as bruise what you hold in your hand and I will show you pain. The hue of your soul will cease to matter, because you will not be judged when you die, you will no longer exist."
Aug 30, 2015 12:32 PM

Jul 2013
Damn when I read "All in Vain" on title I know they are going to fail something but I didn't expect it would feel that devastating.
Sep 4, 2015 6:15 PM
Jul 2015
So Arisa's (I don't care if you think it's alisa, arisa looks cooler) pills are helpful sometimes and all that, but do you realize how much she completely WASTES at like 11:21??
like, I know she went totally insane and all that, but it doesn't take much brainpower to tip it all into her mouth.
And okay, let's just say she couldn't help it.
But she pretty much just DROPPED them on the ground.
What if someone actually FOUND it. And ATE it.
Bad stuff. Arisa should be more careful lol
Sep 5, 2015 2:45 AM

Dec 2013
What the fuck!!!

Didn't expect things to be so bloody. Easily the most enjoyable episode so far!
Sep 5, 2015 6:05 AM

Mar 2014
Gurl get yourself a bra
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 16, 2015 1:56 AM

Jun 2008
Best episode until now.

That ass!

Them boobs!

Lol, that "ow" face.

JewellTH said:
Did anyone hear the preview with a boy and a girl repeatedly saying they'll play hide and seek? That was so freaking creepy.

I have the feeling they used the voices from Kakubenbo or something. It was so similar.

animeBee1ver said:
As good as any to drop the series after watching this episode. That was the last draw. Strings snapped after too much strain. And what better place to discuss.

'Kay, don't get me wrong. There's no question, the fights and music, effects were well thought of. It's one of the reason why I don't like ending this.

But like any normal human being who avoids quirks that annoy them, one of them, I found mine, glaring at me in this anime. In every scene, conversation, there would be a pause, then the "ah/uh/ih/(it comes in many versions), afterwards, a pause. But of course, it doesn't go with the same pattern. The settings and the person doing the ar/ut/uh change. And even with that, I actually considered continuing, only to be stopped when the main character, I realize, was the leader, the agitator, starter of this most annoying quirk. He owned this thing.

I understand that there should be more to it. There can be more to like. To cover that annoyance. In other series, no matter how irritated i get, i was interested, curious, and cared for some character . So I was patient, in this. Watching. Until this ep. And oddly, I realize clearly, there really isn't much in this story. It was plane. Direct. It usually is when 80% in it is directed to fighting. I know, through observation, that some can pull off an interesting scene even with a lot of action. I didn't see it here

P's. When the white haired one kicked the mc, among subtle but many indictations(many, I read in this site, posted), i felt a picture of undisciplined brats placed as part of a very strict military organisation, in a disperate fight for the humanity's survival. Unreal scenes, but with effort attempted to cover them with bloody, desperate situations, and, sure, with one memorable animation, and kick ass sound effects, music.

Also add that music etc may be kickass but they are badly used. Too loud or too absent at times etc.
There just seems to be something very awkward with the directing in general of this show.
MonadSep 16, 2015 2:09 AM
Sep 26, 2015 4:16 AM
May 2013
Shieet!! They got fucked up!!
Sep 29, 2015 4:25 AM

May 2013
Black Vajra OP. Damn, Alisa just took all those pills to fight the piece of shit.
I wonder how they'll get out of this alive.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 29, 2015 11:10 PM
Mar 2012
Watched ep1-5 straight, seems good. Story is a bit slow but watching continuous really helps get interested in these characters, at least mc not annoying & shouting all the time. Weird to pause at a big cliffhanger, but seems like Lenka's power up somehow heals his giant slash & stab wounds? So might not die? But the Eric dude didn't heal. Looks like that wall throw would break Alisa's bones, kinda weird to make one shot then faint. HP heal might be a game mechanic they'll explain.
Action scenes very nice & gameish. Trying to get use to some odd v shaped shadows from the cg/cel shading technique, also some specular rim lighting makes the edges wonky, probably don't need that rim in most scenes since it's distracting, otherwise it's nice to see a new art style.
Beautiful Ufotable clouds & skies.
Evolution backstory & Newtype feels so Mazinger + Gundam. The Fenrir town so much like snk, but with strong hints of communism & eugenics.
gophercgSep 29, 2015 11:15 PM
Oct 2, 2015 1:57 PM

May 2015
Dammit, just watched this, that completely caught me off guard, I just didn't expect such a violence o_o
Oct 26, 2015 11:31 AM

Sep 2015
bastek66 said:
Those fucking tits

Those Fuckin ABS :O <3

That is what happens when a level 5 Character meets the Big Boss and doesn't retreat. A lv2 Fallout character meets a Deathclaw and thinks I can take him but gets WRECKED.

That was awesome and refreshing glad the MC didn't overcome that Dyaus Pita just by yelling.

In Kevin Hart Terms "NOOOOOOO He Wasn't Ready, He Wasn't ready"
10/10
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Nov 7, 2015 2:53 PM
Oct 2015
Attack on Titan Episode 5 feels all over again.
5/5
Mar 14, 2016 11:59 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Shit hit the fan real fast. That was really brutal and action packed. Black Vajra is too OP.

4/5
May 14, 2016 2:39 PM

Jul 2015
SchwingBoner said:

Brutal and intense episode. So much blood. For a second there I thought Lenka was a goner.

hi sorry im late i just started this series now, and as soon as I saw that I couldn't stop laughing LOOOLLL I had to come on the forums just to say this. The creators are ruthless and savages!

caught in the wonder
May 26, 2016 2:24 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that was intense and that epilogue!
Jun 30, 2016 10:51 PM
Jun 2016
okey so I finish ep 5 holy $#@ this was awesome so hype every part also the song OMG Human after all what a nice song
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2016 2:46 PM

Nov 2012
Crazy episode, not feeling Lenka's supposed plot armour though, he got skewered and just walked it off.
Jul 6, 2016 7:27 AM

Jul 2013
So that's the burst mode? Interesting he didn't even devour the aragami. Anyway I really like what they did with the Dyaus Pita. Or with the whole Aragami in general. In the game, whenever a new, stronger aragami shows up I'm like ok just another monster to kill. But in here aragami's are more intimidating and stronger. I can already imagine how Ouroboros would look like.
Sep 8, 2016 1:28 PM
Aug 2014
Its brutal and edgy like Aot and Kabaneri, like it alot so far.
And the underboobs are strong in this one, that russian girl is just gorgeous
Oct 8, 2016 5:09 PM

Mar 2012
brutal but....how the fuck can someone really be alive after being pierced several times and the last time being pierced thru the back...the guy for all intents and purposes should have died from bleeding out

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Oct 26, 2016 3:34 PM

Dec 2015
What the fuck?! He got impaled by that monster and he still managed to carry that stupid bitch?? What kind of bullshit is this?!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 7, 2017 4:30 PM

Aug 2009
It's pretty hard to believe that Lenka can still carry Ms. Huge Tits after being slashed and pierced multiple times by that OP Aragami, but besides that minor issue, it was actually a really good episode.
Feb 8, 2017 12:14 AM

Apr 2015
It somewhat seemed to pick up this episode.

It still doesn't feel like I should care for the characters as much as they want me to right now.

The bleeding weapon was a cool detail. But the fighting animations still don't feel like the rest of the show. They feel out of place from the animations in the rest of the show.

The black vajra was cool though
Feb 21, 2017 10:33 PM

Dec 2012
What an awesome episode.

The PS Vita is here!

LAWD JESUS! DAT ALISA BODY! OPPAI! BOOTY! Oppai just wanna pop out. Alisa got a lovely callipygian.

DAT SAKUYA BOOTY!

I had to laugh at Lenka jumping towards the PS Vita with rage then it took out its wings and hit him while he was in mid air.

Bad end.

Also, that ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 29, 2017 4:59 AM

Jan 2017
Not really digging the story or characters but THE SOUNDTRACK IS SO DAMN SICK!!!!
Love it!
"In this world, wherever there is light – there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love."
-Madara Uchiha

Jan 23, 2018 3:06 PM

Jan 2011
kurikinton said:
they got owned cant imagine how would they fight hannibal tier monster

Except Hannibal is easier than a freaking Congou
supreme master of the godtaste
May 6, 2018 4:57 AM

Nov 2012
This was a good episode! Was so close to dropping this anime tbh, felt nothing for the characters in terms of personality/goals etc. Looking at this episode I'm curious to see where this goes from here. Also thought the OST is pretty dope!
Dec 27, 2018 7:22 AM

Mar 2018
Plot is predictable and stereotype characters etc...But holy hell Ufotable animation quality is on hole another level.I guess they are best in the business.
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Apr 13, 2019 3:34 PM

Jan 2018
Haven't seen this show since it aired in 2015 but damn that episode was brutal even when rewatching. Now I wish I didn't rewatch D:
Apr 30, 2020 6:57 PM
Apr 2020
DUUUUUDE ALISA IS USELESS LIKE WTFFFF she downs some pills for some flashback memories I guess PTSD and gets whacked around barely and passes out or can barely stand on her own

AND HERE COMES LENKA TO HER RESCUE TO CARRY HER AND HE’S BEEN SLICE ACROSS THE MIDDLE, STABBED THROUGH THE BACK, LOST HIS GOD ARC AND NOW HAS TO CARRY HER DUMB ASS

Lenka is the OJ and Alisa sucks
Jul 24, 2020 12:03 PM

May 2015
I was hoping the MC would do a Seraph of the End or just typical anime where he goes berserk or gains a new power. He did a little bit of Seraph with the veins thing and using more of that power but it did nothing in the end.

But yeah that link to the monster and the girl was so obvious the second they showed her reaction to it.

I was surprised to see the sword was living like that so it bled. I knew it could eat things but I didnt think it could move on its own. Guess its one of those fight fire with fire situations.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 2, 2021 1:32 PM
Oct 2019
wait, so you're telling me the scientists didn't hubrisly create those things? they were already evolving in the wild on their own?

and what on earth was happening to the mc there with that power up that was stopped by the gojira? that damn gojira had a human face!!! no way the mc should be alive after being stabbed through the chest like that. no way at all... and magically ending up on some cliff like that - when there was no prior hinting whatsoever that that type of geography existed - is such a bullshit way to keep the protagonists alive. you couldn't have thought of a less stupid plot armor device? smh

are those pills psychiatric medication for the new type girl? to cope with a past trauma?
HagePotPotatoMar 2, 2021 2:12 PM
Mar 14, 2021 1:16 AM

Jul 2013
Yooo that episode was crazy burial
Only thing I didn't like was that it made no sense when the main character got bodied, pierced and still got the strength to carry the big titty girl.
Other then that, I love the design of that 4 legged dark giant beast man
Mar 17, 2021 7:30 AM
Jul 2020
It was really over the top to see Lenka surviving and getting back on his feet after being slashed and stabbed like that, and they're not just flesh wounds. While the Oracle Cells does make the God Eaters tougher than the average human beings, they're still not invincible. An Aragami can easily kill a God Eater if they let their guard down, which is what happened to Eric in the game when an Orgetail got the jump on him.

Anyway, this is probably the best episode in the series, mainly showing just how dark and unforgiving the world of God Eater is with the Aragami constantly evolving and adapting, creating powerful monsters like the Dyaus Pita that can wipe out a team of God Eaters with ease.

Jun 17, 2021 7:05 AM

Dec 2018
idk how he'd even be able to walk after a direct hit to the mid abdomen/spine let alone survive but okay rest was pretty good
Jul 17, 2021 6:48 PM

Apr 2018
Well as expected, vjar missions won't go that easy. How's Lenka even alive? That thing pierced right through his stomach lol but whatever. Some nice action scenes and the dark vjar looks like Zeus..
And ofc, they were at the end of the rock and fell down..

And it's basically the researchers fault, they created the oracle cell..
SideCharacterKalJul 17, 2021 6:53 PM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 23, 2023 10:08 PM

Dec 2018
Alisa under boobs is always the main attention~
Well, this episode is interesting, just it's so unreal to see Lenka still can carry Alisa with those big weapon she's holding when Lenka obviously severely injured...

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » God Eater Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2015

636 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 5:53 PM

» Is this like the worst anime OST ever?

Kayle_x_Morgana - Apr 4, 2022

8 by RudeRedis »»
Mar 2, 7:39 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

255 by Suopi »»
Feb 21, 9:37 AM

» Is it good?

Bijou146 - Jan 18

15 by HenryLeo123 »»
Jan 19, 11:51 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

262 by Tropisch »»
Jan 4, 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.