Forum Settings
Forums

'Musaigen no Phantom World' Anime Adaptation Announced

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 14, 2015 4:26 PM

Apr 2014
enginesofdemise said:
so all you people acknowledge that this looks like generic harem light novel shit but just because it's being made by KyoAni you're going to watch it?

oh come on, there's nothing more dumb than blind studio fanboyism. you all know full well this looks terrible. but just because 'hurr pretty colors, kyoani filters and animation' it will probably be praised to no end just like Fate.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
This looks and sounds a lot like those Fantasy Battle Harem LN adaptations we get several of everyone season except even if it is it's profile will be exponentially inflated and it's status and importance as a significant work exaggerated and praised to the high heavens just because it's Kyoto Animation. I look forward to seeing the community do a 100% about face on how it feels about these kinds of LN adaptations just for this one show before going right back to hating them regardless of the story and character content.
that's exactly what's going to happen, and it's pretty sad
ya keep generalizing everyone

I'm watching this because its a harem battle ln rather than kyoani so try again
Aug 14, 2015 5:19 PM

Jul 2012
LoneWizard said:
Good for that Souichirou Shinno guy...Hope it will be as entertaining as Kyoukai no Kanata...

Still have no idea why people hate Kyoukai no Kanata but like Noragami...Other than Kamiya factor both were almost same... :/

I really don't get the hate on KnK though, it was fun to watch, I liked it but Noragami didn't make it for me, at all so as alike they may be, there are things... xD

Anyway, I'm surprised KyoAni decided to make an anime from a LN with those genres, award winning or not, it's not exactly their best but we'll see
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Aug 14, 2015 5:24 PM

Feb 2010
Even though the synopsis doesn't sound too great, I might watch it, anyway.
Aug 14, 2015 6:40 PM

Jul 2011
I can imagine this having great visuals, but that's all there is to it.
Aug 14, 2015 7:16 PM

Aug 2013
Love KyoAni, love supernatural, there's no way I'm not watching this. I don't even care if it's harem.
Aug 14, 2015 7:23 PM
Jan 2010
I haven't heard anything good about this novel, so I'm not expecting anything nice from this other than the animation. Hopefully it'll flop and they'll turn their attention to more worthwhile projects

What, Hyouka and Haruhi, which had authors with release dates comparable to geologic time? Please. A lot of Haruhi fans have given up on seeing the "alternate cast" animated because the author writes at such an abysmal rate. The same goes for Hyouka. KyoAni has already exhausted four of the five volumes in circulation, and during all this time, Yonezawa-sensei has yet to release Volume 6.

Just because you change one minor detail like the name of a character, their hair color, or something like the setting doesn't negate the fact that a lot of shows are moronic rehashes of the other with cardboard cut out characters. Originality is dead and has been dead for a long time. Throwing in one slight difference doesn't make your work 'original', especially so when that work is filled with tropes and cliches and characters that are literally the same as 5000 characters from other shows.

I would have agreed with you when I was about to be burnt out of watching anime.
But now? Meh. It's easy to lower your standards. You're not watching anime for bragging rights, anyway.

"Elitist" is an inappropriate word, really. "Jaded" is a more fitting word.

after checking out your tastes, I would say you have no credibility whatsoever. You seem to be mindless towards copy-and-paste characters, shows, etc.

Ooh, the classic "MAL-style ad hominem". You won't win any argument by using that.
Aug 14, 2015 7:39 PM

May 2013
moodie said:
>"you're just an elitist!' argument because that's literally all you can ever go off about.

You couldn't just quote this, lmao? I... I don't understand why you bothered copying and pasting this in an entirely different section when you could have quoted it. So illogical.

moodie said:

also, isnt that what all anime is....from ur SAO to ur Pyscho Pass everything is a rehash of something else...anime is about how u execute that. again looking at ur list or most ppl that complain u guys havent watched "the generic" shit in the first place to even make that call or judgement

I just said that, yes. Also if you looked at my list you'd see that I have watched plenty of stuff quite a few people would call 'generic'. Learn to actually properly look through things before you spout stupid crap, mmmk?

vodall said:

You need to get this whole "tropes are bad" idea out of your head.

I don't need to get anything out of my head, thanks though. I understand the whole 'it depends on execution' idea, really. It's not like these adaptions typically are that great in execution anyway.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Aug 14, 2015 8:03 PM
Jan 2015
they should just continue the season 2 of Hibike Euphonium!
Aug 14, 2015 9:06 PM

Oct 2014
Sounds like Persona..

read from right to left
Aug 14, 2015 10:59 PM

Mar 2012
mpinoh said:
This news is a myth. KyoAni had already died few years ago.

This is the truth.

the old Kyoani died, the last time they made anime is Hyouka.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Aug 14, 2015 11:11 PM
Jul 2018
Damn it MC, no blue ties. He looks badass though so I will give it a go
Aug 14, 2015 11:31 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Synopsis seems really generic, but Kyoto animation has nice animation so... maybe. Maybe..
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Aug 15, 2015 1:14 AM
Jan 2012
Loli-Sazanami said:
mpinoh said:
This news is a myth. KyoAni had already died few years ago.

This is the truth.

the old Kyoani died, the last time they made anime is Hyouka.

The absolute truth.
Aug 15, 2015 1:30 AM

Apr 2015
Well it is Kyoto Animation I might give it a shot, I dunno why but the cover makes it seem interesting as well.
Aug 15, 2015 3:54 AM

Jul 2012
Betting that MC will either be voiced by Ishikawa Kaito or Uchiyama Kouki as KyoAni doesn't pick anyone else for their recent shows.
Aug 15, 2015 5:46 AM

Nov 2013
I can already see those annoying tsundere faces on the cover.
Aug 15, 2015 7:40 AM

May 2012
I long for the days when KyoAni was an automatic seal of quality. Now it's just a big ol' circlejerk of pretty genericness.
Aug 15, 2015 12:45 PM

Nov 2013
As long as the colors aren't flashed like Kyoukai no Kanata. Don't want to further hurt my eyes.
Aug 15, 2015 8:30 PM

Jun 2009
at least not another 'homo' anime. ooopps, I meant bromance..
Aug 15, 2015 9:46 PM

Jul 2014
ZachM said:
Why's KyoAni gotta be wasting their time and talent on something like this?

My thoughts exactly.

It's going to either be like Amagi again where I'll roll my eyes back into my head the first episode onwards, or like KnK which is basically a safe bet for sales but really uninspired.

I guess they've been in economy panic mode ever since after Hyouka.
Aug 16, 2015 4:10 AM

May 2014
the visuals must be nice
but havent read the actual...planning
Im curious how theyre doing this
Aug 16, 2015 6:00 AM

Aug 2015
Vindstot said:
-Anabelle- said:
I believe it was a runner up and not a winner. Not sure though.

It was actually an honorable mention in the fourth KyoAni Awards.

Source: Anime News Network

I'm willing to take a bet at hoping this is more than (or not) just a generic fantasy harem series since that honorable mention from KyoAni awards made me curious about this work. AFAIK, this contest barely gave these kinds of awards to anyone unless their works are really noteworthy.
Aug 17, 2015 5:56 AM

May 2014
YES
"I'm just your typical human being who commit sins just like you. But the difference is that I never lied and tell anyone that what I did was right. I regret and ask for forgiveness from Him."

Why is my signature not anime-related? It's because who gives a fuck? Anyway I'd like to advertise to you this:

SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE.

Also, Tokyo Ghoul is AWESOME. Especially :re.
Aug 17, 2015 12:07 PM

Apr 2011
seems interesting .
I'll give it a shot before I decide on skipping out or not. (":
Aug 18, 2015 4:56 AM

Jul 2012
will probably check it out because it's kyoani
Aug 18, 2015 11:29 PM

Aug 2013
KyoAni huh?

Sooo...basically we can expect to see a butchering of the source material in their adaptation, a half-assed romance plot that never fully flourishes, and a bunch of yuri/fujobait to pander to otakus.
Aug 19, 2015 12:24 AM

Dec 2014
I usually don't care for the works KyoAni chooses to adapt. I found Hyoka, Amagi Brilliant Park, and Beyond the Boundary to all be underwhelming in their own unique ways. KyoAni's shows may look pretty, but I prefer substance over aesthetics.
Aug 19, 2015 4:27 AM

Jan 2014
KyoAni? I'm in
Aug 19, 2015 10:24 PM

Nov 2014
why not Hibike s2? i guess they don't want fans feeling salty, throwing fires at each other...

i'll watch but i'm guessing more yuri bait
Aug 20, 2015 10:51 AM

May 2014
This sounds interesting. Some classic superhumans fighting against monsters. Looking forward to it.
On and a plot twist it seems.
Aug 20, 2015 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
Nyeh <.< maybe?
Aug 21, 2015 1:45 AM

Jul 2014
Probably gonna skip this

Sep 24, 2015 9:15 PM
Feb 2015
hope the description of the story i just read is actually made as vague as possible, and that it pulls off a rokka
Sep 25, 2015 12:28 AM

Dec 2013
YES! I honestly didn't read the description, but the "Kyoto Animation" tag along with the "Action" tag has me hyped for it already.
I was hoping they would do more action. Their actions scenes in Kyoukai no Kanata and Chuni are incredible.
Sep 25, 2015 9:54 AM

May 2015
Kyoani? Harem? Huh?!
They need to give us another season or a movie of Hibike Euphonium, not something like this.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

6 by rikazkhan »»
46 minutes ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
10 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
12 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
Yesterday, 11:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.