Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aoharu x Machine Gun
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 13, 2015 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This looked kinda creepy actually....

Definitely one of the more tense episodes and I actually enjoyed this one more than expected. The tense atmosphere with the competition and tactics between teams and players make it interesting.

Takatora is also a character to be careful of when out on the battlefield. Hell, it's minigun time.

Aug 13, 2015 11:50 AM
Jan 2010
The Hotaru vs Gekimetsu Ou was the best. Hotaru~ you klutz LOL

Fujimon's cool. And so is Akabane. I think Midori-san's voice actor was the most fit for his adaptation though.

I like that insert song~
Aug 14, 2015 2:20 PM

Apr 2014
sugoiiii tachibanaaa
Aug 14, 2015 4:16 PM

Jul 2010
lmao tachibana. at least she won at the end.
Aug 14, 2015 10:38 PM

Apr 2015
Game finally starts, so far with Hotaru winning against Takatora and it appears Yukimura's got Ichi cornered. Hotaru's beginner gimmicks still run after being thrown in tournament, and some of them are kind of silly. It still feels like reactions are being thrown around, though. Decent episode.
Aug 14, 2015 10:56 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Hotaru's swift advancement towards Fujimoto even surpasses Daryun's speed whenever Arslan is in trouble. I guess she was just showing off some of her Shounen MC skills. Plus, that insert song increased her chance of winning by a factor of 11. GG there.~

Yukimura vs. Ichi was much better in terms of battle and the strategies they used to get at each other. She's proving to be just as competent as I hoped.

Pretty hilarious how Masamune is acting all brave against Midori now. Too bad, he won't really shine much. But I'm sure Hotaru's bloodlust will ultimately grant them the victory.

Aug 14, 2015 11:04 PM

Jun 2013
When Hotaru said she forgot the safety, I could have sworn he was about make her body full of bullets. Glad my imagination didn't match the screen :)
Aug 14, 2015 11:19 PM
Jul 2018
It was good to see Hotaru won against Fujimon because Fujimon admitted defeat after he saw her skills.
Aug 14, 2015 11:19 PM

Jul 2014
Are the subs delayed this week? They're usually out by now...
Aug 14, 2015 11:22 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Really loved the intensity of the separate matchups in this episode

Everyone impressed me so far but man I have mad respect for Hotaru right now because she was just amazing and I am so proud of her even though she forgot to unlock the safety lol

Still, this episode kinda brought up the idea of Midori not actually being the one who attacked that girl so if that is indeed the case, this mystery got a whole lot more intriguing
Aug 14, 2015 11:23 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
vikki7783 said:
They were out for like over an hour now
Aug 14, 2015 11:23 PM

Jan 2015
Fun episode though whats with the godspeed all of a sudden. And like classic entertainment they talk before shooting.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Aug 14, 2015 11:26 PM

Jul 2014
Tokoya said:
vikki7783 said:
They were out for like over an hour now

oh.
well
um.
animerush.tv lied to me

edit: watched it.
I hope Fujimoto becomes a friend later, he seems like a cool guy.
Looks like Yukki and Mattsun get pwned in the next episode.
toblynarutoAug 14, 2015 11:50 PM
Aug 14, 2015 11:53 PM

Jun 2014
Vindstot said:
Hotaru's swift advancement towards Fujimoto even surpasses Daryun's speed whenever Arslan is in trouble. I guess she was just showing off some of her Shounen MC skills. Plus, that insert song increased her chance of winning by a factor of 11. GG there.~

Yukimura vs. Ichi was much better in terms of battle and the strategies they used to get at each other. She's proving to be just as competent as I hoped.

Pretty hilarious how Masamune is acting all brave against Midori now. Too bad, he won't really shine much. But I'm sure Hotaru's bloodlust will ultimately grant them the victory.

I've never seen more accurate statements lol.

On Topic: Well this was a pretty intense episode. It was pretty cool to see Yukimura and Akabane coming up with strategies about how to beat each other. And Tachibana's mistakes.....if she wasn't the main character she would have been killed, Fujimon is way too nice.

Other than Tachibana's sudden cheetah speed and the ridiculous "hey, let's talk to my wide open target who didn't even notice me that I easily could have killed" moments, this was a somewhat decent episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 14, 2015 11:57 PM

Feb 2013
Lol Hotaru leaving the safety on :)

Hmm, I wonder if Midori is the one who did the whole 'shooting the girl over and over' thing by himself and didn't even tell his teammates? But then, Fujimoto seemed kinda oblivious to Midori's maliciousness before, so maybe that's it.
Aug 15, 2015 12:35 AM

Nov 2012
nice comedy this episode. the fights were really nice and well animated.
lol Hotaru forget to switch his safety off
Aug 15, 2015 12:59 AM

Aug 2014
Funny episode, but what the hell with that bloodthirsty woman? Someone should tell her that using toy guns and having the attitube of a serial killer is both hilarious and upsetting.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Aug 15, 2015 1:36 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
>mfw watching this episode

Seriously has like... the author ever played an airsoft game before? Or at least a shooter game? The writing in this anime is so terrible it's laughable...

"OMG she rushed to our spawn in only 48 seconds, whatever shall we do?" Uhm, okay? How was that dangerous whatsoever? Just shoot her dammit, not like rushing speed means jack shit in this kind of game. It's all about being stealthy, and that's the direct opposite of mindlessly charging through the forest is

Speaking of which, a message to all participants: when you have your opponent in your sights, JUST FUCKING SHOOT ALREADY. Don't think, don't hesitate, don't make some cliché speech or punchline, just pull the goddamn trigger. It really isn't that difficult. When you have melee weapons it's one thing since you have to close the distance but with guns it's a totally different story. Like Yukimura vs Ichi; how long did they both have the easiest chance ever to kill each other without doing so? Or when Tachibana first saw Fujimoto walking by she had her gun aimed at him for like three seconds before he turned around. That's so much time in these situations, why the hell would she ever lose that fight lol

But of course by far the worst of all was the 'duel' between them at the end (the fact that a fair fight even occurs in hide and seek warfare is stupid to begin with but whatever). The guy had a fucking minigun. And she defeats it by running around him in a circle. Like holy shit are you actually serious? After just having a beginner's introduction about what a minigun is, you still don't have a clue about how a minigun actually works? "My hesitation to pull the trigger caused my defeat"; yeah you're goddamn right it did, hell you barely even had to aim. Just hold down the trigger and swing the gun in an arc in the direction she's running; it's not like you'll run out of bullets anytime soon and you're guaranteed to hit her no matter what. There's literally no logical reason whatsoever why a charge like that should ever work even against an SMG or a handgun, let alone a fucking minigun lol. Otherwise there'd be no need for long-range trench warfare in this day and age, every soldier could just run straight towards their enemies and take out their guns with their fists instead, sounds like a brilliant idea right?

Oh and did you notice how Masamune was suddenly super cocky and confident against Midori now? Wasn't he like almost pissing himself with fear just from talking to him last episode? At least have some form of consistency please

I seriously don't even know what to make of this anime...
HaXXspettenAug 15, 2015 1:41 AM
Aug 15, 2015 2:35 AM

Jun 2015
HaXXspetten said:
>mfw watching this episode

Seriously has like... the author ever played an airsoft game before? Or at least a shooter game? The writing in this anime is so terrible it's laughable...

"OMG she rushed to our spawn in only 48 seconds, whatever shall we do?" Uhm, okay? How was that dangerous whatsoever? Just shoot her dammit, not like rushing speed means jack shit in this kind of game. It's all about being stealthy, and that's the direct opposite of mindlessly charging through the forest is

Speaking of which, a message to all participants: when you have your opponent in your sights, JUST FUCKING SHOOT ALREADY. Don't think, don't hesitate, don't make some cliché speech or punchline, just pull the goddamn trigger. It really isn't that difficult. When you have melee weapons it's one thing since you have to close the distance but with guns it's a totally different story. Like Yukimura vs Ichi; how long did they both have the easiest chance ever to kill each other without doing so? Or when Tachibana first saw Fujimoto walking by she had her gun aimed at him for like three seconds before he turned around. That's so much time in these situations, why the hell would she ever lose that fight lol

But of course by far the worst of all was the 'duel' between them at the end (the fact that a fair fight even occurs in hide and seek warfare is stupid to begin with but whatever). The guy had a fucking minigun. And she defeats it by running around him in a circle. Like holy shit are you actually serious? After just having a beginner's introduction about what a minigun is, you still don't have a clue about how a minigun actually works? "My hesitation to pull the trigger caused my defeat"; yeah you're goddamn right it did, hell you barely even had to aim. Just hold down the trigger and swing the gun in an arc in the direction she's running; it's not like you'll run out of bullets anytime soon and you're guaranteed to hit her no matter what. There's literally no logical reason whatsoever why a charge like that should ever work even against an SMG or a handgun, let alone a fucking minigun lol. Otherwise there'd be no need for long-range trench warfare in this day and age, every soldier could just run straight towards their enemies and take out their guns with their fists instead, sounds like a brilliant idea right?

Oh and did you notice how Masamune was suddenly super cocky and confident against Midori now? Wasn't he like almost pissing himself with fear just from talking to him last episode? At least have some form of consistency please

I seriously don't even know what to make of this anime...

Why are you still watching it? There's plenty of other good shows this season. Just drop it. Problem solved, I'm a genius and you're welcome.
Read Toriko!
Aug 15, 2015 2:38 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
phantom346 said:
Why are you still watching it? There's plenty of other good shows this season. Just drop it. Problem solved, I'm a genius and you're welcome.
If you look at the size of my Dropped list, the answer will come to you pretty quickly
Aug 15, 2015 3:50 AM

Feb 2015

''She's got some huge tits, though. I could use those as a reference for my manga.''
Ahaha. Yukki focusing on what really matters.

I'm liking what I'm seeing of Akabane so far. That sniper vs sniper fight with Yukki was fun to watch.

Best part for me was definitely Tachibana vs Fujimoto. I've been waiting for their face-off since I saw them against each other in the OP.
Glad he was a good sport and graciously accepted his defeat.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2015 3:58 AM

Feb 2015
phantom346 said:

That's completionists for you. Some have a masochistic compulsion to endure watching shows they hate week per week in order to increase their list. The whole situation defeats the main purpose of watching anime, which is to be entertained. Or perhaps they consider hating on shows as a form of entertainment in itself. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
SchwingBonerAug 15, 2015 4:01 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2015 4:01 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
SchwingBoner said:
phantom346 said:

That's completionists for you. Some have a masochistic compulsion to endure watching shows they hate week per week in order to increase their list. The whole situation defeats the main purpose of watching anime, which is to be entertained. Or perhaps they consider hating on shows as a form of entertainment. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
To be fair, despite the terrible writing this anime is still decently entertaining just because of the concept itself so it's not that hard to sit through

There are plenty of less enjoyable shows this season :s
Aug 15, 2015 4:45 AM

Sep 2014
Awesome episode! Great action with tactics and tension!

Hotaru vs Fujimon was nice, fun twist in the end.
Aug 15, 2015 5:28 AM

Jan 2013
this anime is so fking epic wish more people could enjoy this since this does not seem popular on mal
Aug 15, 2015 5:34 AM

Jul 2015
I'm curious if they really lied to Tachibana about that girl being tortured.
Aug 15, 2015 6:50 AM

Feb 2014
Tachibana vs Fujimoto was pretty hype. Loved that part.
Aug 15, 2015 6:58 AM

Sep 2012
I wonder what actually conspired between them... I hope it's not some anticlimactic bullshit. But I am curious to know. I'm pretty sure Yukki lied to her, or at least part of it was a lie. Something's got to give.

I still enjoy how overdramatic this is. It was irritating, but it's definitely amusing me.

And I kind of like the whole Shounen MC plot armor. I mean, all of the things that usually annoy me are actually entertaining me in this, but I guess I'm just not taking it seriously. It helps.

I'm not sure what to ship... I think Matsubana is slightly ahead for me, but I'm also really liking Yukibana and MatsuYukki... (MidoMatsu isn't too bad either... But the whole S&M vibe isn't my cup of tea, so I'll have to pass on that one.)

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Aug 15, 2015 7:57 AM

Apr 2014
That minigun doe

pew pew pew airsoft

Aug 15, 2015 8:07 AM
Mar 2012
Uhm, Takatora didn't call "hit" or anything, right? Why would he go back to the safety area. And wasn't it mentioned that you can watch from above? Then everyone watching would know she didn't hit him.
And if she had the safety thing still on, wouldn't the first thing to do be turning it off?
Aug 15, 2015 8:08 AM

May 2014
'Mini'gun :p
Average episode, it was nice seeing Tachibana's athletism but the rest of the episode was rather predictable. 3/5
Aug 15, 2015 8:19 AM

Apr 2015
Love the fight between Tachibana and Fujimoto, the show is being to bring in a whole lot of more action which is awesome ^_^ I swear Fujimoto is probs the nicest character in this anime because if it was anyone else they would've just shot Hotaru... the minigun complaint thou xD

Aug 15, 2015 8:40 AM

May 2014
Im loving the series so much so far.
It's very exciting to watch and you know an anime is good when u stop whatever ur doing and wait for the cooldown.

Best part of this episode was Hotaru vs the minigun dude

I just love it when hotaru has that bloodlust and i hope it happens next episode PLS
Aug 15, 2015 9:02 AM

Jun 2013
od dammit enough the yaoi vibes cool action
Aug 15, 2015 9:14 AM

Aug 2015
Nice episode.
Aug 15, 2015 10:21 AM

Jul 2013
i just hate the fact that they end up never fucking shooting when they have the chance

why the fuck do they buy the guns if they aren't going to shoot?
Aug 15, 2015 1:29 PM

Aug 2014
Decent episode, I liked the little talk Tachibana and that other guy had.

Next episode seems to be Tachibana vs Midori, I suspect we will get some more background info on what happened with TGG 1 yr earlier.
Aug 15, 2015 2:57 PM

Jul 2015
In each episode that passes I'm more excited
I appreciated that even the Fujimon having not lost yet left Hotaru win
Aug 15, 2015 4:14 PM

Jun 2014
Nice speedblitz Hotaru
I'm pissed Yuki didn't shoot her right away & it looks like Midori is gonna defeat him next week... good episode though.
Aug 15, 2015 4:45 PM

Mar 2015
Pretty decent episode.

I enjoyed the battle scenes though.
Aug 15, 2015 5:19 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty decent episode
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Aug 15, 2015 6:15 PM

Aug 2014
First Round and Hotaru has already defeated Fujimoto-san. I can't believe it! But Hotaru also forgot to take off the security from her weapon. Besides during the episodes I even forgot that Hotaru is a girl. Hum, but I guess that doesn't matter. Only matters who is going to the final on the tournament! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Aug 15, 2015 7:48 PM

Aug 2015
L loved Fujimon's character this episode <3
Can't wait for the next week!
I think that This match is going to end in a draw.
FTW HOTARU <3!
Ara Ara~
Aug 15, 2015 7:50 PM

Jan 2015
its always kind of irritating how they take so long to shoot each other. Like "Oh hey, its my opponent, totally defenseless and unaware before me, let me just make a huge speech boasting about how I got to this point aloud." But I guess if it was all just quick shooting there would be a pretty boring and anti-climactic plot.

Oh, anime...the weird things that I deal with and somehow over a long period of time have internalized as normal.
Aug 15, 2015 8:08 PM

Aug 2014
I'm kinda disappointed. Where are my gay under/overtones?! Just a flashback and a small Fujimon moment won't do it! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And Yukki went from "cool line about boobs" to "fucking idiot that didn't shoot" pretty fast. Well, at least he's still on the game.

Slightly bummed with how long they take to shoot, but this show still manages to entertain me even with this small annoyance.
Aug 15, 2015 8:08 PM

Mar 2014
Silly Yukimura. Doesn't he know to never use the dragunov competitively :D
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Aug 16, 2015 3:10 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm pretty sure, that's not how a game like this goes. The shounen is hilarious, Midori could have been killed twice.

The sniper battle was exciting though. Also how Fujimon got defeated so easily, that sucked.
Aug 16, 2015 3:37 AM
Jul 2018
Still enjoying that beautiful OP. And the ED ofc.

Midori's team sure has cool outfits. His team is a weird one tho. I think I like Fujimon only. I started liking him from this episode since I saw how beast of a fighter he is in the battle field (Pfft, minigun. Like hell it is). I liked when he switched serious mode and then I thought "dayum! he definitely gonna kick some ass now" lol :D

Basically, this ep was Ichi vs Yukimura (why he didn't shoot her right away dammit!), Hotaru vs Fujimon (*whistle* badass fight, and end up hilarious at the last sec XD. I loved the song that played in the background when Hotaru showed her amazing skills. It's her VA singing it, right?) and Mattsun vs Midori (but that fight stays for the next week :(

And to be very freaking honest, I LOVE HOTARU SO MUCH. She's my favorite girl besides Fremy from RnY.

Axelucard_ said:
od dammit enough the yaoi vibes cool action

I blame the mangaka for that.
Aug 16, 2015 6:51 AM

Jun 2013
I don't understand why Midori has a yaoi wimp and a big-titty kuudere lusting over him. I seriously can't see his appeal. He's a stereotypical cunning bad guy who pretends to be nice. He's a dime-a-dozen antagonist.

Yukimura is better than that idiot. Tachibana was pretty fucking cool this episode too.
臭い-
Aug 16, 2015 7:04 AM

Apr 2013
That was a fun and intense episode. We got to see a glimpse of all the wnemy team. Fujimon was so funny. Ichi is a natural sniper. Actually her and Yukimura are identical. Now about Midori...well I guess he will give the hardest time for the three of them. Porblly Ichi will go out the next episode and Midori will take on all three of them leaving only one alive. Problly Hotaru and the reason is that after Matsun and Yuki are out Midori will reveal Hotaru's gender and do the same thing like he did with the other girl leaving Matsun devasted and defeated once again. But it's all just my speculation so with the next eps will actually learn what will happen.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoharu x Kikanjuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

188 by almightybismarck »»
Jan 26, 2023 9:44 PM

Poll: » Aoharu x Kikanjuu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2015

98 by almightybismarck »»
Jan 5, 2023 9:39 PM

» Dresses like a boy???

Shizuma1234 - Mar 3, 2022

4 by Twins26 »»
May 20, 2022 5:42 AM

» There's no way this is a "shounen" oriented anime

JokerxHisoka - Jul 5, 2015

28 by Shizuma1234 »»
Mar 3, 2022 9:21 PM

» Stop talking in the 3rd person

semianonymous - Sep 6, 2015

17 by Shizuma1234 »»
Mar 3, 2022 9:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.