Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 8, 2009 5:49 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
FINALLY! Jeez... 3 episodes to get Luffy and Zoro back together with the crew (or half of it :P)

And am I allucinating? Am I finally gonna get my overdose of Sanji action?!1 Hell YEAH!
Dec 10, 2009 10:59 PM

Sep 2008
"There's nothing to think about. We'll set sail and follow them!"
"Let's go. We're gonna rescue Robin!"

5/5!
it really took them long enough to get Luffy and Zoro back, but I don't rly mind it.

yeah, you're just hallucinating xPP

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Dec 11, 2009 5:37 PM

Feb 2009
Yup...actually I did =/
Jan 5, 2010 7:14 PM

Oct 2008
Ehhh.. Chopper's voice change starts here. ><

I hate it. Does not suit him at all, its so obvious that he's voice is different. KILL IT WITH FIRE.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 18, 2010 11:23 PM

May 2008
awww man i want chopper's old voice T_T

weeeeeeeeeeee more Sanji action

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Feb 16, 2010 5:08 AM

Dec 2007
The Seiyuu Ikue Ohtani was on maternity leave, so they had to change his voice.

Happend with Gash Bell too.
May 26, 2010 11:07 AM

Nov 2009
rarri said:
The Seiyuu Ikue Ohtani was on maternity leave, so they had to change his voice.

Happend with Gash Bell too.
Ugh. That pissed me off. The voice change in Gash Bell, I mean. The one with Chopper, too. ><
May 28, 2010 11:22 AM

Jul 2009
NOOOOOOOOOO! Chopper's voice! T____T

And with another change of animation... *sigh* I couldn't enjoy this episode...

4/5
Dec 1, 2010 3:03 PM

Jul 2007
Can't believe no one mentioned anything bout the "Aqua laguna" I find that really interesting and it just shows another way of nature being the strongest enemy. The sea in alot of ways is more lethal then the actual enemy characters in the show.

Another catastrophe similar to like Arabasta' bombing. This time its the sea that is completely ravaging the entire island and city of water 7. Watching this really makes me think about how dangerous the world of OP truly is even with no characters with devil fruit abilities. I mean even CP9, if they caught in that mess, they would of been screwed lol.

Another very interesting thing, though i forget which episode it was shown at. But when Paulie discovers that the aqua laguna is unusually much more intense then the previous years. That makes me think that something or "someone" might be behind it. Very Mysterious.
ArtimesGamerDec 1, 2010 3:23 PM

Jan 20, 2011 4:22 AM

May 2010
So thats a Aqua Laguna! hehe SCARY!

I thought my speakers wasn't working right.. so it wasn't just me that noticed chopper's voice changed :-(

5/5 Because there was great Boob action in this episode :-)))))))))))))))))
Apr 5, 2011 9:48 AM

Jun 2009
link9us said:
Can't believe no one mentioned anything bout the "Aqua laguna" I find that really interesting and it just shows another way of nature being the strongest enemy. The sea in alot of ways is more lethal then the actual enemy characters in the show.

Another catastrophe similar to like Arabasta' bombing. This time its the sea that is completely ravaging the entire island and city of water 7. Watching this really makes me think about how dangerous the world of OP truly is even with no characters with devil fruit abilities. I mean even CP9, if they caught in that mess, they would of been screwed lol.

Another very interesting thing, though i forget which episode it was shown at. But when Paulie discovers that the aqua laguna is unusually much more intense then the previous years. That makes me think that something or "someone" might be behind it. Very Mysterious.

It could have been the "person" who helped Luffy escape execution way earlier in the series. But, why would someone who apparently is helpin Luffy put him in such a dangerous situation? Either way, I believe that it was mentioned that the city itself is sinking and that is the tide is getting higher or something...

Also, scratch what I said about the last episode. Luffy did in fact summon his strength to break out of the situation he was stuck in. I guess hearing from Nami about Robin was enough to free him.

And, my god, I didn't even notice Chopper's voice change. But, in a series this long stuff like this is to be expected y'know.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 5, 2011 2:35 PM

Jul 2007
insan3soldiern said:
link9us said:

It could have been the "person" who helped Luffy escape execution way earlier in the series. But, why would someone who apparently is helpin Luffy put him in such a dangerous situation? Either way, I believe that it was mentioned that the city itself is sinking and that is the tide is getting higher or something...

Also, scratch what I said about the last episode. Luffy did in fact summon his strength to break out of the situation he was stuck in. I guess hearing from Nami about Robin was enough to free him.

And, my god, I didn't even notice Chopper's voice change. But, in a series this long stuff like this is to be expected y'know.

I get the funny feeling, after watching all of these arcs in one piece. Some one or something is meddling in there journey, there are several strange occurrences that happen, that are never explained. Such as the unusual High tide, the saving at logue town, before luffy was executed. There are a few other things you will notice as you get further. But i get the funny feeling that some one is watching there crew this whole time.

About the change in Chopper's Voice, its only Temporary, so don't worry lol.

May 27, 2011 9:02 PM
Jul 2018
link9us said:

About the change in Chopper's Voice, its only Temporary, so don't worry lol.

Thank fucking god.
Jul 5, 2011 10:39 PM

May 2010
"Let's go. We're gonna rescue Robin!"

LOL, I'm calling the next episode right here:

"oh shit, we don't have a ship to follow them with!"

Who wants to bet the rope guy is the next nakama?
“Money can't buy dere”
Jul 17, 2011 2:28 AM

Aug 2010
That fucking wave man, that fucking wave...
Dec 20, 2011 4:00 AM
Jun 2008
Dat wave.

Chopper's VA seems to have changed - not sure what I think of it, he sounds weird... Also, to say Paulie was half dead not so long ago, he seems awfully spry! Though in saying that this is One Piece.

Seabury said:

Nope. It's all ready obvious who it's going to be and it sure isn't him.
Dec 30, 2011 10:53 PM

Jan 2010
Haha One piece, where you can be impaled on a finger multiple times and beaten within an inch of your life.... and be fine in a couple of hours, and maybe a nap! haha.

The art shift and chopper's change of voice is certainly noticeable OTL. The scene with Zoro and Chopper had me busting up though, just his reaction XD.
Jan 21, 2012 11:30 AM
Apr 2010
Chopper had a voice change?...I didn't even notice LOL
Jan 22, 2012 6:52 PM

Oct 2010
Terrible voice change not even close to the original.
Apr 11, 2012 2:52 AM

Mar 2012
Osianilist said:
Chopper had a voice change?...I didn't even notice LOL
I never notice these things
Aug 2, 2012 1:02 PM

Sep 2009
Anitnelav said:

I hate it. Does not suit him at all, its so obvious that he's voice is different. KILL IT WITH FIRE.
O.O NOWONDER HE SOUND DIFFERENT! He sound like a girl now.
Aug 10, 2012 12:50 PM

Apr 2012
Waitwait.. how the fuck did Zoro recognize Choppers voice when his damn VA changed? :OOO

I actually really like this new drawing style, Nami looks way better.

Oh, and why didn't Chopper just use his Arm Point or whatever it's called to pull Zoro out lol?

And the best part... ''MONSTER GRANNY!'' :D
Oct 13, 2012 12:02 PM

Mar 2010
They are no match for those four cp guys, but they might be able to run away if they try..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 17, 2012 3:20 PM

Feb 2012
Seabury said:

Hell no lol his rope power is too similar to Luffy's. Still cool though.
Oct 17, 2012 4:05 PM
Jul 2012
i hate the next arc!!!!!
Dec 17, 2012 2:31 PM

Jul 2012
greenmush said:
awww man i want chopper's old voice T_T

May 23, 2013 10:31 AM

Oct 2012
This is extremely crazt.They're out and now they shall go and rescue Robin.And Sanji seems to be greatly tough.We'll get a dose of his action :D
-------Only God will judge me --------

iSignature
Jul 18, 2013 7:27 PM

Apr 2012
pretty epic how luffy and zoro got free, but it took long enough! Jeez...
now they can really start going after robin and franky and usopp
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2013 7:42 PM

Aug 2013
Ugh, Chopper's voice change, oh well, apparently it will be back to normal in about 8-10 eps, the lady who voices him went on maternity leave at the time.
Dec 21, 2013 8:10 PM

Aug 2012
lol i didn't even notice the change of chopper''s voice... o

oohhh so at first i didn't noticed it.. but when chopper started telling that story.. i noticed it xD

And he laughs his own power... imagine luffy laugh Gomu gomu... hahahahahaha!
"I don't like Megane, I love them"

Jan 8, 2014 10:40 AM

Dec 2012
Tsunamis are scary 0_o Well sea is the most powerful of all...
Jul 13, 2014 7:04 AM

Oct 2013
Ferolex said:
Ugh, Chopper's voice change, oh well, apparently it will be back to normal in about 8-10 eps, the lady who voices him went on maternity leave at the time.
She better be back.

Aug 17, 2015 1:11 PM

Mar 2015
Im glad choppers voice change is (supposedly) temporary
Nov 23, 2015 10:41 PM

Aug 2013
The build up in this arc is so intense, and I don't even thinks It remotely near the climax yet.
Dec 6, 2015 12:23 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
nice wave lol sufing one pice xD

Jul 19, 2016 2:05 AM

Mar 2015
Finally the four of them are together again! Time to see if they can catch up to the Puffy Tom
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 16, 2016 9:07 PM
Aug 2016
VARIAchan said:

I noticed it in the first voice line because it sounded off without knowing that there was actually a different voice actor, paused the video and hopped on the one piece wiki and what do ya know.
Feb 23, 2017 6:34 PM

May 2014
I thought there was a slight change in Chopper's voice, but didn't suspect the Seiyuu had changed at all until I read the previous posts.
I'll hafta hear a bit more, but it doesn't sound all that different to me atm- just a little deeper maybe??

Aww, this episode highlighted what I love most about Nami and Luffy's relationship- the trust factor. Anytime Nami gets overly emotional and cries, it's always in front of Luffy.

It's probably bc of all the unbelievable feats he's accomplished that she has unwavering faith in him, and lets herself depend on him more than anyone else.

Also, Luffy laughing at Zoro being stuck in a chimney made me laugh XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2017 9:52 AM

Dec 2016
Robin-chwan, we're coming for you!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 23, 2017 1:33 AM

Mar 2012
Oh god, I had forgotten Chopper had a different VA for a bit. Don't remember how many episodes though but it's not even close to his wonderful little voice :(
Aug 30, 2017 6:14 AM

Oct 2016
Such terrible voice for Chopper, I barely got through it in Movie 07. Hope it's not for long.
Mar 16, 2018 3:40 PM
Jan 2018
now they will be smashed, goodbye for cp9
Aug 20, 2018 12:06 AM

Jun 2016
The scene where Luffy and Zoro broke out and all was fun but it had me questioning something. I actually paused to speculate how Luffy would escape and I couldn’t think of a way out. From what I’ve seen Luffy’s strength comes from his elasticity, like with gum gum whip, he winds back and slams his limbs down. Pistol works the same way. And bazooka. With that in mind, I don’t think we’ve ever seen Luffy show crazy incredible strength without having some stretchy wind up. Have we? Because it felt crazy that he just smashed two buildings like Zoro would with his raw strength and no ability to stretch.

Nami and Chopper having a high five was adorable.

I love so much that Zoro’s first response once learning about what happened while was stuck was to ask Luffy what their next move was. I don’t think anyone else in the Straw Hats would have such an immediate response. And what followed was “there’s no other way”, they’re all ready to take on aqua laguna to save Robin. That said, I’m not really sure how! I had thought our crew would be split up for longer and they would be forced to take shelter through aqua laguna but that may not actually end up being the case.

Another thought I had was that Sanji and Usopp don’t know the full extent of Robins involvement with CP9, and Sanji is there to save her out of his complete trust.
Apr 29, 2019 7:30 PM
Aug 2017
Noooo Choppers voice!! I freakin love choppers voice man pls give it back.
Jun 1, 2020 11:35 AM

May 2016
Considering how extreme the most recent Aqua Laguna has become compared to their expectations, I can't shake off the feeling that something or someone might be responsible for this.

Luffy using his sheer strength to get out of those buildings after he found out about Nico not betraying them proved Nami right~ Paulie was really cool for saving all four of them from the tidal wave too.

Chopper has a new voice here and it's jarring. I got so used to his old one plus it's much cuter so I'll probably have a harder time getting accustomed to this.

Jun 29, 2020 8:53 AM

Jun 2017
You guys are amazing! I wasn't able to recognize that Chopper's voice had changed.

Shouldn't Nami stop wearing heels by now? I think it's in the way of her being a pirate.😒

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jan 17, 2021 3:26 PM

May 2019
Too bad One Piece has no romance If i am right...Nami and Luffy would be a great couple! She only shows her fragile side in front of him.
Mar 17, 2021 6:47 AM

Sep 2012
Luffy and Zoro are back, and now off to rescue Robin! woop woop
When Chopper first spoke in this episode I was like who the F is that!? that aint the Chopper I know and liked. That voice change was so sudden and Ikue Ohtani's voice is so iconic that I'm gonna be mad if she get replaced but thank goodness its only temporary. They should've at least found someone to imitate the voice closer to the original, doesn't matter now anyway.
MakuroMar 17, 2021 7:04 AM
May 19, 2021 4:10 AM

Jun 2019
The crew is coming to save you... Robin.
Nov 9, 2021 4:39 PM

Nov 2017
There’s no way I’ll ever get used to Choppa’s new voice. Does not suit him.

plz @ me
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 219 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaito__Kid - Nov 17, 2009

60 by X1ma »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1011 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 19, 2022

58 by Marcos-1 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 411 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Aug 2, 2009

79 by gannoncannon55 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 410 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 18, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:10 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 409 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 11, 2009

71 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 11:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.