Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 11, 2015 11:43 AM

Jul 2015
Honestly loving Albedo though... like she's nuts for Momonga... but I love her so much
Aug 11, 2015 11:44 AM

Dec 2013
Deetaaaaa!!!! The Dakimakura scene!!!
Ugh... too bad it was less amusing than I remember it being :/
Still, the episode was a good build up for next week.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 11, 2015 11:50 AM

Jun 2013
Already Half-Way trough the Anime...7 episodes left.

"Wise King of the Forest" Sorry....Just...=§ Please Excuse me...*Shaking Shaking* *Dying on Laugh Around the Corner*

...Sometimes....Sometimes I feel Sorry for Demiurge...when I am not dying on Laughter from the Albedo's and Shalltear's Catfights and Lovely-Lovely acting around Momoga.
Sometime is easy to Forgot that These Guys see Humans as Bugs..and maybe future Slaves? (Depending how they treat countries they conquer, when they start to Plan of World Domination)
Nabe almost spilled the Beans ...

And now to Action part.
Damn Momoga shows us just How Bad Ass he is with just Swords and Armor. Orcs/Goblins/Orges Chose wrong Opponents.

Still loyalty to friends that left...well that is understandable..tough looks like that is somewhat in category of not-Healthy

....Seriously Freaky Psychopath Bitch...This Woman Makes Freed Sellzen looks like good boy..or are they at the same level?
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Aug 11, 2015 11:57 AM

Apr 2014
ALBEEEEDOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! <3
Aug 11, 2015 11:58 AM

Jul 2015
The body pillow scene was pretty hilarious, but honestly this episode was quite tame compared to what this series has previously produced. Hope it steps up the pace next week!
Aug 11, 2015 12:12 PM

Aug 2008
This series would work much better in 50 min OVA format like ISM. You can feel that they are skipping too much. It's a real shame that anime today is only about making season, not telling a story. Overlord seems to be too big for a standard 13/24 treatment.

Wait... if he's a full skeleton, how is he supposed to produce offspring? I know there's a lot of space for boner jokes but really, how?
AntanaruAug 11, 2015 12:15 PM
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 11, 2015 12:16 PM

Jul 2011
Antanaru said:
This series would work much better in 50 min OVA format like ISM. You can feel that they are skipping too much. It's a real shame that anime today is only about making season, not telling a story. Overlord seems to be too big for a standard 13/24 treatment.

they're not skipping anything that wasn't slready skipped in the manga(actually the death knight scene i don't remember in the manga being present) in fact, they're taking it veeeeery slowly, in 2 episodes we reach the mangas last chapter, and that's the 7th chapter, really, it actually is going quite slow, slower than the manga.
Aug 11, 2015 12:31 PM
Jul 2014
The episode was alright. With the current pacing, I am worried about how they're going to end the season though.
Aug 11, 2015 12:43 PM

May 2015
I wonder how Ains and Albedo son is going to be......
Aug 11, 2015 12:58 PM

Sep 2013
Albedo and the girl in the end are so boring zzzz.
Aug 11, 2015 1:10 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ainz's current companions are a pretty dull lot. I hope they soon find some sort of challenge/information that makes this trip worthwhile.

Albedo's 2 minutes of screentime more than made up for it though. Her bodypillow scene was hilarious.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 11, 2015 1:13 PM

Jul 2012
God this anime is bad.

Incredibly slow pacing. There were scenes I literally just skipped because they didn't have any relevance at all.

Then this constant ego stroking of the MC(which obviously is a self insert of the writer). Oh women love him and he is strong and cool and blah, we get it, he is Skelleton Jesus.

And lastly the absolute horrendous exposition talk. The conversations are so awkward and forced.
"Oh I see you are this villain who served X years as this and that and now want to do this and that and ..." FUCK OFF

Just show don't fucking tell me.
He is a necromancer, i get it. He made an army of undead, why do you tell me this, just show the god damn army. Oh he has an orb to make undead, JUST SHOW IT IN ACTION and don't spend minutes explaining it exist.

Ultimately I know how it boils down.
Bad guys do bad stuff. Skelleton Jesus takes them down easily. Next arch.

Argh...
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Aug 11, 2015 1:14 PM
Aug 2011
kataklism said:
Antanaru said:

they're not skipping anything that wasn't slready skipped in the manga(actually the death knight scene i don't remember in the manga being present) in fact, they're taking it veeeeery slowly, in 2 episodes we reach the mangas last chapter, and that's the 7th chapter, really, it actually is going quite slow, slower than the manga.

The manga is skipping way too much stuff. I was worried the anime was going to do the same but it's been great. Obviously, you can't adapt EVERYTHING but they haven't shied away from slower, world-building scenes that don't hook the normal audience as much.

Orsonius said:
God this anime is bad.

Incredibly slow pacing. There were scenes I literally just skipped because they didn't have any relevance at all.

Then this constant ego stroking of the MC(which obviously is a self insert of the writer). Oh women love him and he is strong and cool and blah, we get it, he is Skelleton Jesus.

And lastly the absolute horrendous exposition talk. The conversations are so awkward and forced.
"Oh I see you are this villain who served X years as this and that and now want to do this and that and ..." FUCK OFF

Just show don't fucking tell me.
He is a necromancer, i get it. He made an army of undead, why do you tell me this, just show the god damn army. Oh he has an orb to make undead, JUST SHOW IT IN ACTION and don't spend minutes explaining it exist.

Ultimately I know how it boils down.
Bad guys do bad stuff. Skelleton Jesus takes them down easily. Next arch.

Argh...

The fact that you call him Skeleton Jesus really reinforce that you're not watching the characterization scenes.

This episode showed what an average adventurer group looks like: their interactions, their teamwork, the kind of motivation they have, etc. It also put in context the strength of people like the Head Warrior. Those guys were the average, iron plate adventurers, much stronger than the average human but still nowhere near Momon whom they considered on the level of Gazef.

The "Momon is attractive to women" scene is clearly set-up. Nfirea even says WHY that bothers him. Would you prefer that comes out of nowhere when the relevant scene comes up?

We heard Clementine motivation last week, now we get Khaj. We also see a bit of what they can do.

Overlord makes a point of having real characters with depth in a world with its own history before the MC came along. If all you want are big flashy fights then yeah, it might not be the best serie for you.
KyerWizAug 11, 2015 1:30 PM
Aug 11, 2015 1:16 PM

Sep 2013
Clementine's VA is perfect :O
She's the former 9th strongest of the slane theocracy XD

Those ogres and goblin have to be level 5 or something, cause they were pathetic :(
Looks like the old guy wants to do a race or class change, since he will become immortal if he does the ritual.
Aug 11, 2015 1:30 PM

Mar 2015
Oh My God, I love this series so much! Maybe I am just too captivated by it, but I don't care how slow paced it is.. I appreciate everything they show and Ainz is really great in his own role :D to think that all the time the MC needs to play his role, because he isn't accustomed to this..
And the only thing I wouldn't like is, if they don't bring out a second season!

BTW. Can somebody tell me where I can find and read the Novel?! I really want to see the original source.. That would calm me down xD
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick." - Oreki Houtarou, Hyouka
Aug 11, 2015 1:36 PM
Aug 2011
Ryatur-kun said:
Oh My God, I love this series so much! Maybe I am just too captivated by it, but I don't care how slow paced it is.. I appreciate everything they show and Ainz is really great in his own role :D to think that all the time the MC needs to play his role, because he isn't accustomed to this..
And the only thing I wouldn't like is, if they don't bring out a second season!

BTW. Can somebody tell me where I can find and read the Novel?! I really want to see the original source.. That would calm me down xD

I don't think the volumes have been officially released in english yet. If you search Skythewood translations you'll find a fan-translation that covers the first five volumes at this point.
Aug 11, 2015 1:38 PM

Oct 2012
Jonny_Mhl said:
Oh they really did the Albedo scene and Demiurge still got it all wrong with Mare X Aura.

Next week people will be even more salty in this forum for sure, I can't wait for it.

The salt will be real. I can't wait for next week.
Aug 11, 2015 1:49 PM

Feb 2012
Oh Albedo, I want to see you more.
Aug 11, 2015 1:59 PM

Sep 2013
Too many ugly CG in this episode. Albedo is already thinking of having kids, I think what she needs to do first is to check if Ains even has a penis.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 11, 2015 2:04 PM

Apr 2008
OpalMidge said:
Yay..y..y..

Another episode which will have people whining about the pace ... can't wait.

Yup xD For me it's not so much the pace per se though, but more that I should've actually saved this anime up and watch it all in one go, because now everytime an episode ended I just want more because not THAT much happened but it IS fun :)
Aug 11, 2015 2:05 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
So where's my Albedo body pillow?
Aug 11, 2015 2:07 PM

Aug 2010
Clementine best girl!! I just love Aoi Yuuki's voice <3 Her sadistic tone is awesome.
Aug 11, 2015 2:19 PM

Dec 2014
I love everyone complaining about the pace. Complain about the modern industry only awarding 13 episodes and cliffhangers rather than the pacing.
Still a pretty good adaptation, just cutting out some of the detail in the dialogue and fights. Swords of Darkness really have no clue who they're hanging out with! xD
Nabel messed up though dropping a name. Clementine though, who doesn't love a cute sadist?
Aug 11, 2015 2:31 PM

Oct 2014
So. Much Doujins. After. This.
Aug 11, 2015 3:01 PM

Jul 2011
ichii_1 said:
Looks like the old guy wants to do a race or class change, since he will become immortal if he does the ritual.

i think i read somewhere on the wikia that there seems to be only one human in the nazarick's tomb, and that he/she(can't remember) was actually immortal, so what i gathered from that is that being immortal doesn't change your actual race, but definitely does change how everyone else will think of you, to the point that you (the one who became immortal) won't be seen as human anymore even though you technically are.

btw while what i said it's spoiler there were like only two lines about this character on the wiki so i guess it wasn't really important, just something to add about what you just said.
Aug 11, 2015 3:01 PM
Apr 2015
Steven15ify said:
From all the game anime this one must be my least favourite. The story is waaaaay all over the place, but I give it a point for the body pillow scene.

Its pretty simple, momon's main goal is to spread the name of ainz ool gown throughout the world by turning momon into a hero by raising his rep and gathering information on this new world he is in.

He over prepares and doesn't know how strong he is in the world. That is all I can say without spoiling anything.
Aug 11, 2015 3:20 PM

Mar 2009
Albedo continues to be best girl. I feel bad for her, though, because I don't think Momonga has any equipment down there. How are they going to have kids together?

I really like the crew Momonga's hanging out with lately. They're a nice bunch, which makes me worry that they're all going to die.
Aug 11, 2015 3:25 PM
Apr 2015
Every scene has a relevance by the way... dont know what the guy up there was smoking.
Aug 11, 2015 3:26 PM

Jun 2015
Who's the voice actor for Clementine? I love her voice but it's not on the MAL database! She's sounds sooo CUTE!!
I want more anime with her VA.
phantom346Aug 11, 2015 3:34 PM
Read Toriko!
Aug 11, 2015 3:32 PM

May 2015
Enjoyed this episode. Momon beating them goblins and orcs like they're nothing. And fuck, I simply freaking love Albedo <3.

Aug 11, 2015 3:45 PM

Apr 2014
Hm...what can I say about this episode?....It's so meh.
Nothing really happen...and when they talk about the Virtuous King of the Forest...was hoping Momonga and the King of the forest would fight, but nope...
Well, it's not like I don't like what is going on, but feel that they seem to drag it out longer than expected.
Hopefully to see Momonga and Virtuous King of the Forest fight in next episode.
Aug 11, 2015 4:16 PM

Sep 2014
Good episode. Loved the Albedo scene like everyone i think. The fight with the goblins was nice, it's a pity Nabe didn't fight with her badass magic.
Aug 11, 2015 4:29 PM

Mar 2015
I think Ains should keep and Albedo hug pillow with him as well. OR just ask Nabe to sleep with him at night
Aug 11, 2015 4:38 PM

Feb 2014
Interesting episode, Momo joining a team could be interesting if he stays mostly in the background.
Dat Pillow was funny, Albedo really wants the B of Momonga.
The crazy bitch got a really cool voice, not the standard high pitched girl.
The new characters are all very interesting but I fear the guys will die very soon.
Oh yeah, who else thought about this guy when they mentioned "Black Knight" ?
Aug 11, 2015 4:47 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
The body pillow is reaaaalllllll.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Aug 11, 2015 5:07 PM

Jun 2014
This series delivered once again. It really sucks that it's only 13 episodes but I guess we can be hopeful for a continuation. (yeah right lol)

Mfw people say scenes are useless and that nothing is happening. People sure love to complain for the sake of complaining.
Aug 11, 2015 5:12 PM
Apr 2010
i've read a bunch of literature-rpg type novels, and this anime so far is on pair with the shitiest of them. honestly, the original must be top bore, who the fuck decided to adapt it.
Aug 11, 2015 5:15 PM

Oct 2014
R4diance said:
i've read a bunch of literature-rpg type novels, and this anime so far is on pair with the shitiest of them. honestly, the original must be top bore, who the fuck decided to adapt it.
dont watch it if you dont like it then.

Great episode :3.
Aug 11, 2015 5:46 PM

Jul 2014
Jarjaxle said:

And they've done absolutely nothing but establish over and over and over again that he is FAR more powerful than everyone else. This would make a great 70 episode series, but it makes a bad 13 episode one.
Aug 11, 2015 5:53 PM

Dec 2014
R4diance said:

Cool, thanks for sharing. Knowing how R4diance has perceived this anime is certainly a boon to us all.
Sokah said:
Jarjaxle said:

And they've done absolutely nothing but establish over and over and over again that he is FAR more powerful than everyone else. This would make a great 70 episode series, but it makes a bad 13 episode one.

Well, this isn't meant to be a 13 episode series, there's a source with far more content. Far better to see a slow and paced 13 episode show that sticks to the source then a 13 episode show that tries to cram in far too much content. Sadly, the anime industry today often only allows for those two extremes.
Aug 11, 2015 5:58 PM

Apr 2014
nice warmheart during campfire.
Aug 11, 2015 6:33 PM
Aug 2008
TheHonestThief said:
I love everyone complaining about the pace. Complain about the modern industry only awarding 13 episodes and cliffhangers rather than the pacing.
Still a pretty good adaptation, just cutting out some of the detail in the dialogue and fights. Swords of Darkness really have no clue who they're hanging out with! xD
Nabel messed up though dropping a name. Clementine though, who doesn't love a cute sadist?

im complaining more about the lack of animation... the worst offender is when ainz talking. Its just a slideshow.
Aug 11, 2015 7:11 PM

Aug 2014
Lmao @ that pillow scene. Pretty average episode otherwise. The series suffers from some serious pacing issues and the battles are way too one sided for me to care.
Aug 11, 2015 7:17 PM

Jan 2013
orangpelupa said:
im complaining more about the lack of animation... the worst offender is when ainz talking. Its just a slideshow.

This is a low budget animation, if anyone hasn't figured out yet. It's been doing well anyway.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Aug 11, 2015 7:37 PM

Apr 2015
That bed was hot.... Albedo best girl and best future waifu and mother.
#CHEXIT
Aug 11, 2015 7:53 PM

Jun 2013
Probably one of the better episodes so far but the slow pace is a pain to get through
Aug 11, 2015 7:54 PM

Jan 2014
Good episode.
Does anyone know where i can read the novel?
Aug 11, 2015 8:10 PM

Jul 2009
LOL Albedo is bat shit crazy.

how do you have babies with a skeleton though?
Aug 11, 2015 8:22 PM

Aug 2012
Great episode. Nabel-chan kawaii <3

Clementine seemed like a badass psycho killer. I wonder who will win if she and Albedo clashed. And if I were Demiurge, I'm gonna jump straight on Albedo in the bed (netorare ftw) >:D
Aug 11, 2015 8:23 PM

Feb 2010
For how long will they keep up this farce?
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why do people still think the MC is trapped in a video game? ( 1 2 )

arc1only - Mar 18

51 by littlerocketman »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

432 by RayousSR »»
Yesterday, 4:55 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2015

283 by RayousSR »»
Apr 23, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2015

239 by RayousSR »»
Apr 22, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

368 by mustiest »»
Apr 17, 8:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.