Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 6, 2015 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More story about Kei this episode...

The girls sure are having fun trying on their swimsuits though. I thought Kurumi looked cute:

I thought the second half of the episode was more interesting with the group doing some exploring. And shit, that is one movie theater I wouldn't want to ever go to. Interesting how they used loud noise to repel some of the zombies though.
Aug 6, 2015 6:17 AM

Mar 2014
Preparation for the beach episode
I like it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

DesuTronicAug 6, 2015 6:58 AM
Aug 6, 2015 7:28 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Why can't all zombie apocalypse stories be this good
Aug 6, 2015 7:31 AM

Aug 2013
I thought that scenes with Miki are just a flashbacks, now I'm kinda confused.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 6, 2015 7:34 AM
Jul 2012
rsc-pl said:
This story is a flashback showing how they met Miki. So far most of the story has been flashbacks considering they rearranged the manga story for the anime.
Aug 6, 2015 7:35 AM

Jan 2015
DAMN! Best episode, really interesting.

They "adapted" in a weird way the skipped scene with the movie theater. Intense episode, and dat concert xD. Megu-nee's mystery is resolved.

I found this pretty creepy

from the preview and the title...another flashback episode? Looks like they are gonna adapt the chapters after mike's backstory as a whole flashback(?).
XenocrisiAug 6, 2015 8:51 AM
Aug 6, 2015 7:43 AM

Jul 2013
Kurumi so sexy and poor Megumi....
Aug 6, 2015 7:43 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was a really intense episode.....I almost thought that they were going to leave Miki

Yuki showcasing just how psychologically damaged she is in this episode but what's worse is that I think she remembered a scene with Megu-nee and by the looks of it, it seems like she probably died protecting them and was surrounded by zombies TwT

I feel bad for Miki too because it seems like her friend really is dead as well as for the poor kids trapped in that movie theatre...Seeing the girls in swimsuits was great though, especially Kurumi and dem oppai =o
Aug 6, 2015 7:50 AM

Jan 2015
DesuTronic said:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

the Best girl deserves the best gifs.

Aug 6, 2015 7:51 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
DesuTronic said:
Preparation for the beach episode
I like it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

GOAT
Aug 6, 2015 7:57 AM

Jan 2012
More of the mall expedition flashback and saving Miki. Rather tense at the end there...
Aug 6, 2015 7:58 AM

Jul 2015
I do wonder how it smells in that mall, there's literally blood (or maybe pieces of flesh) in almost every frame.

There are some quite nice shots that can make for some depressing post-apocalyptic wallpaper thing.

Don't think I didn't miss that Walking-Dead-ish type foreshadowing...

Aug 6, 2015 7:59 AM

Feb 2014
Megu-nee is dead, confirmed. Even though it was pretty obvious.
Aug 6, 2015 8:02 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Their meeting with Miki was a very fantastic episode! A successful rescue of another survivor but unfortunately the same cannot be said to Miki's friend, Kei. We've seen the minor change that happened to Kei in the OP for this episode and it sure was....creepy.

LOL'd at the "This is a backpack, not a doghouse". xD
Aug 6, 2015 8:02 AM

Jul 2015
llcruz said:
Megu-nee is dead, confirmed. Even though it was pretty obvious.

I wonder how Yuki manages to fool herself so well with her own illusion.

I mean, she seems genuinely surprised that Megu-Nee tells her to keep the teddy bear. Some strong subconscious reasoning she has right there...
Aug 6, 2015 8:06 AM
Jun 2015
Enjoyable episode. The first half had some clean fanservice for the girls, which is always a good thing, because it lets us get attached with these characters.

The second half was where it really picked up. Kurumi killed it with that sliding dropkick she did on the escalator. She's still the MVP of this series, to me. Daryl Dixon status.
Aug 6, 2015 8:09 AM

Jan 2015
DeeIsMe said:
The first half had some clean fanservice for the girls, which is always a good thing, because it lets us get attached with these characters.

DeelsMe said:
The second half was where it really picked up. Kurumi killed it with that sliding dropkick she did on the escalator. She's still the MVP of this series, to me.

Aug 6, 2015 8:13 AM
Apr 2014
Kurumi raises a deathflag in her talk with Rii-san
This episode pretty much confirms that Yuki isn't completely delusional in that she does really see the zombies and is just ignoring them to be act all cheerful for the group.
Drake1000Aug 6, 2015 8:34 AM
Aug 6, 2015 8:17 AM
Oct 2014
Some spoiler talks. Watch the episode before reading this.

They changed the OP again. Now we have this.

There is also this one which makes me laugh a lot.

bibototAug 6, 2015 8:20 AM
Aug 6, 2015 8:21 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Xenocrisi said:
DeeIsMe said:
The first half had some clean fanservice for the girls, which is always a good thing, because it lets us get attached with these characters.

DeelsMe said:
The second half was where it really picked up. Kurumi killed it with that sliding dropkick she did on the escalator. She's still the MVP of this series, to me.

Best girl right there tbh
Aug 6, 2015 8:36 AM

Dec 2013
Dem swimsuits were cute. Shovel girl was best XD

Looks like we got confirmation that Megu-nee is dead. That's sort of sad.
Aug 6, 2015 8:49 AM

May 2013
I really like how they did handle this episode. Intense.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 6, 2015 8:57 AM

Jan 2008
This is the series I most look forward to every week this season. Really enjoying it so far! ^-^
Aug 6, 2015 9:02 AM

Oct 2014
I think i am gonna change my forums set into a Shovel Knight set :D
Best Girl right there.

Megu-nee dead confirmed.

As always, was an ejoyable episode :)

Dat i am Legend reference tho.
ShrimperorAug 6, 2015 9:07 AM
Aug 6, 2015 9:11 AM

Mar 2015
Damn. Yuki's flashback. I want to see the whole thing.
Aug 6, 2015 9:12 AM

May 2012
A great episode showing how the group met Miki in the mall. The contrast between SoL-ish first half and the tense second half of the episode just works so well in emphasizing the terrifying atmosphere of the zombie apocalypse.

Though I do have a few gripes with the logic of the actions taken by the characters.

Being chased by the horde of zombies could have been prevented if Kurumi just barricaded the door again. At least that could have served to buy them some more time and possibly even prevent Miki from being cornered. And at the end of the encounter, they were just walking out of the mall. What happened to being chased by the zombies? Apparently the noise was enough to stun the zombies so they can take their sweet time to calmly walk towards their escape vehicle.

Lastly, Yuki. Oh Yuki. She's getting really annoying. It's confirmed that she can see the zombies and they're not being filtered out of her brain. She's barely even contributing to the group's survival. Hell, if anything, it's actually like she's actively trying to make things much much worse. Good thing Rii stopped her before doing something catastrophically stupid such as pulling the string on the emergency alarm for no good reason. Kudos to Rii, and Kurumi. I don't think I'd be able to survive an apocalypse with someone like Yuki in the team.
Aug 6, 2015 9:12 AM

Feb 2015

Badass + cute. Best girl confirmed. <3

I don't really like Yuki's obliviousness since the first ep but can't deny she's adorable.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2015 9:16 AM

Feb 2011
wtf was that waking up tone? o_O
and the zombies had no aura this time, so maybe its really only kurumi to see them covered
kei changed in the opening now :o

odd the zombies didn't notice them while going in
that CD-reader sure has some durable batteries...

lol they were watching a movie, and kurumi interrupted them xD
these zombies acting partly like they used to do makes them sort of funny

yuki even got a fever from partially breaking down again, and before that her eyes became absent..
she's got a good hearing sense, and those last actions while saving miki were surprising

miki got really near to becoming a zombie, wonder if kei ended similarly or if she managed to get away

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Aug 6, 2015 9:17 AM

Oct 2011
The only thing i was thinking while they were dressing up was "I know i would be ditching a bra if i was in a zombie apocalypse".

Really great how they pulled off the Miki flashback, while some things were missing/replaced, im starting to treat the anime and the manga as different forms of the story rather than comparing the adaptation exactly to the manga. Loved how they adapted the scene with Miki on the piano. So excited for the reveal about Megu-nee's adapatation.

Forum icon by Yandere

Aug 6, 2015 9:32 AM

Mar 2015
Again Megu-nee seems to be appearing out of nowhere and seems to never interact face to face with others except Yuki.

Pretty good episode. Kei could be dead, although there is a chance she survives.

The transition of blue to green uniform. Another symbolism.

Aug 6, 2015 9:42 AM

Mar 2014
Meh arc overall, Kei was dumb and Taroumaru is probably the most annoying pet I have seen in any anime, and Miki is an overall boring character, maybe if this was the first thing in the anime, sure, but it's just a flashback so we already know the outcome and it ended up not being nearly as exciting as it could have been.
This show better pick up again, these past 2 episodes were really weak compared to the rest.
Aug 6, 2015 9:43 AM
Apr 2014
rsc-pl said:

your little brain sure doesnt need a lot to get cofused, lmao
That's how I see like more than half of the MAL users with their "waifus", hentais, harems, weird-ass video games and all that shit
Aug 6, 2015 9:44 AM

Mar 2015
Xenocrisi said:
DarklordVor said:
Again Megu-nee seems to be appearing out of nowhere and seems to never interact face to face with others except Yuki.

Ara, ara, didn't you notice it?

Ah yes I just noticed that one too. Somehow I have the feeling that the reason Yuki is trying so hard to save Miki was because she saw Megu-nee died in front of her.

Aug 6, 2015 9:46 AM

Apr 2015
Aw,I was hoping for Yuuri flashbacks.But enjoyed nonetheless,the scenes where Yuki was losing her sanity when she saw those zombies were the best tbh.
Aug 6, 2015 9:53 AM

Dec 2014
Another good episode. The week-long wait is getting unbearable!
Aug 6, 2015 9:58 AM

Jun 2015

Good episode. Loved the part where they went 'shopping'.
And Kurumi is so cool!

Aug 6, 2015 9:59 AM

Dec 2013
This episode was pretty good for a flashback. Yuki snapped out of her delusion that Megu-nee still there, just in time for them to ship Miki back in the car in Megu-nee's seat :P

Their survival tactics at the mall were pretty decent as well. Loved how they scouted a shop, then shut the gates down. Judging from the looks of things though, it must have been quite a long while since they barricaded themselves at school, because nothing is suppose to decay THAT fast, not even in a zombie apocalypse.

It was quite the exciting rescue at the end there. I'm excited to see more of the aftermath of the rescue. I have no doubts that Kei has already been Zombie-fied, I'm just wondering if Miki will ever see her walking, dead, body ever again. Considering the situation at the mall, I doubt she could have made it really far before she got turned.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 6, 2015 10:10 AM

Jul 2015
Damn! This anime keeps bringing surprises after surprises! This episode was intense af and I cant wait for the next one!
Aug 6, 2015 10:15 AM

Jul 2009
Even though I know what will happen because i'm reading the manga, the zombies make me nervous sometimes and it's funny.

Somehow I feel bad for Yuki, even if she's got herself in a total delusional world created by her mind because of a state of shock to protect herself and giving a lot of trouble to the others, she's just a girl that don't know how to deal with the situation and sometimes when she gets out of her illusions and notice how hellish the world is now, she just gets frozen in the place.

I find it interesting how it was shown during this episode.

5/5
Aug 6, 2015 10:17 AM

Apr 2010
Yuki is starting to get back to reality, well just a bit.
And they found Mii-kun tho they nearly missed her when she was trying to escape.
Seems the girls where having fun as well but i don't recall such an event happening in the manga then again the dog wasn't there in the manga either.
Aug 6, 2015 10:32 AM

Oct 2011
incoming kurumi
Aug 6, 2015 10:35 AM

Jun 2014
This was really nice. The first half was a little too slow but the rest was great, with all the talk and the foreshadow and the rescue scene. It was way better than last episode.
Aug 6, 2015 10:50 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was awesome, The second half got me so tense!

Also that was a short flashback to Megu-nee dying, pretty sure now.
Aug 6, 2015 10:52 AM

Oct 2014
Looks like next episode gonna be about the first days of Miki at school and then we are back to the current timeline again, i guess.

Anybody noticed the holes in the mall's wall? Looks like the city has been bombed by the goverment from the looks of it.

Dat Kurumi and Rii bikini scene! <3
Yuki was cute as well, but dem Kurumi and Rii bikini scenes were just better! <3 <3<3
And Megu-nee's failed attempt to still fit in that uniform was pretty fun. XD

I liked how they meet Taromarou in the mall more than how they meet the puppy at the school in the manga. Felt more natural plus this time he was less annyoing and made the shopping scene more fun with his presence.^^

Kurumi is such a badass, dropkicking zombies after sliding down the escalator. But damn her for raising this death flag! There she already has the most dangerous job and then she goes and says such responsible and sense making things that you can't help but admire her foresight for the future but as well cry for how realistic she believes it is that one day she ends up bitten. ;_;
Aug 6, 2015 10:54 AM

Jul 2014
Nice Episode! Rii-San contains all plot
アニメを愛してる| 僕の名前はクウハクです!|
Aug 6, 2015 10:57 AM

Jul 2014
Another episode, another jarring combination of cutesy slice-of-life and violent, thrilling zombie-based material. And as with previous episodes, it's once again all too clear that the latter is infinitely stronger material while the former is simply holding the show back. And yes, I KNOW that it's supposed to be a slice-of-life show, but that doesn't excuse the fact that the slice-of-life material is terrible.

On the bright side, Yuki seems to be finally beginning to acknowledge the situation. Hopefully this will make her less annoying in future episodes than she has been so far.
Aug 6, 2015 11:07 AM

Feb 2011
Aversa said:
Yuki is starting to get back to reality, well just a bit.
danieltortoisee said:
On the bright side, Yuki seems to be finally beginning to acknowledge the situation. Hopefully this will make her less annoying in future episodes than she has been so far.

considering this was all a flashback, it seems she sometimes snaps out of it when things become real serious, and then goes back to the delusion state as nothing happened

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Aug 6, 2015 11:14 AM

Dec 2014
Damn, if only they kept that ending song...

I do hope we see Kei in the near future, infected or not.
Aug 6, 2015 11:20 AM

Oct 2011
Hmmm. The flashback of how the four girls met is really interesting. Probably Kei is dead... So sad.

Best episode until this moment.
Aug 6, 2015 11:21 AM

Jan 2015
Didn't expect to see scenes with Yuki "fight" between reality and imagination.
Also dat fanservice.

Shit! Nowadays movies change people into zombies. :P

Lol
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2015

539 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Sep 14, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

513 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Sep 14, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2015

323 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Sep 14, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

291 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 3, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2015

382 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 3, 9:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.