Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Jul 22, 2015 6:34 PM
Oct 2014
King_Kiashi said:
Really enjoying this so far. The parts with the zombies put me on edge; some nice suspense. The whole bit with Yuki and her hallucinations is an interesting element to the series, too. I've actually never seen a zombie anime before myself so this should be fun.

But what I don't get is why Kurumi is the only one who makes a point to carry a weapon? Why don't the others equip themselves with something just in case they get separated from her or if she can't reach them in time? Especially if they're going outside the bounds of their barricade, where zombies could reside. And especially since they split up in the library.

I also thought it was odd that they left Kurumi by the door when going into the library since they've already cleared the area behind them; it'd be better to have her go in with them since they don't know if zombies are inside or not and she's the only one with something to whack them with.

And no, that bucket Miki had doesn't count as a weapon because that's not going to do shit in terms of actually killing them lol.

also why didn't they grab more stuff in the store? there were a bunch of food supplies there; it'd be easy to stuff them in their bag when Yuki's not looking so they wouldn't have to risk multiple trips back. unless they did grab more off-screen. hm. -shrug-

(image under spoiler)

Also, that barricade is terrible. They could just climb up that stone between the stairs. Should put some wires there too. Though that desk barricade in general looks like it wouldn't be that hard to push over. There's nothing really tying it down to the wall or the floor.

Nitpicking aside, I eagerly look forward to the next episode. Though there's no way someone won't eventually die with survival skills like this lol. ^^

This is how I would see it. This anime is more about survival and less killing zombies like in Left 4 Dead or Dead Rising or High School of the Dead. Each character has a (stereotypical) role to play, with Kurumi being the defender. It takes not only strength, but also metal preparation to take down zombies with hands not shaking. The only way to dispatch the living dead is destroying the brain, so hitting the body does not work. According to the zombie survival guide, one ready person with a basic weapon can kill more zombies than a disorganized mob armed with machine guns.

Zombies don't climb over the ledge. That might be the logic the girls are going for. Besides, they are neither that strong nor well-trained to construct some sort of military-class barricade.

I am a fan of zombies, and since Western filmmakers have finally ran out of ideas for them (we are seeing more "soft" sides of zombies now with Warm Bodies and Maggie), I look forward to this anime a lot.
Jul 22, 2015 11:23 PM

Jan 2015
bibotot said:

+1
Jul 22, 2015 11:50 PM

Apr 2011
Thai777 said:
The reason I put a spoiler tag is because it's a point that hasn't been adapted yet in the anime.

I don't recall the scene really well but if he let go of her it's probably because

I see. Makes sense.

bibotot said:
A lot of things in anime do not make sense in real life. For example, in Charlotte, I struggle to understand why someone has to perform a test without any preparation just because the school hears some rumors about him cheating.

Wasn't Nao manipulating those guys? Besides, that school was a very prestigious school. I think if there were rumors that there top scoring student was cheating they'd want to snuff it out as quickly as possible. Not nearly as nonsense as you say.

bibotot said:
In Akame Ga Kill, a lot of bodies disappeared for no reason because the animators could not be bothered to include them in the background. Also, in episode 4, there is a fight right at the middle of the square, and even though the Imperial Guards have the city carefully patrolled, they never showed up.

That's not called nonsense, that's called laziness from the author and animation studio.

bibotot said:
Tokyo Ghoul has people doing their everyday life normally. With flesh-eating ghouls roaming the city, shouldn't they be more cautious? No one seems to die in Aldnoah.zero, even though entire cities are decimated by giant mechs.

They were living in a ward (was it called that?) that was amongst the safest. Of course people would be more relaxed than in any dangerous wards.

bibotot said:
The scene in School-Live could be because they were struggling. Zombies are not very adept in taking down humans compared to predators in the wild, such as tigers and panthers. They have to rely on numbers, the inability to feel pain and the element of surprise to catch the prey.

They are ZOMBIES. Their instinct is to eat, not to rape. If they were to catch a human, i.e. their prey, their instinct would be "Don't fuckin' let go".

bibotot said:
We all need to give some exceptions to anime, or we can never enjoy one.

Of course, I'm not saying we shouldn't. But to excuse every fault by saying that, such as with Plastic Memories and their sheer incapability to make a fucking back-up, you're allowing writers to be incompetent because you're just gonna gobble up whatever they say.

bibotot said:
Also, Yuki's carefree nature does not bother anyone, apart Miki to a minor extent. There are many other annoying anime characters that I wish I could throw a brick at. Yes, I am talking about those Tsundere stereotypes.

Tsundere stereotypes, really? When you're trying to survive, I'd take a stereotypical tsundere any day of the week over someone like Yuki... unless if we needed live bait, of course.
Jul 23, 2015 12:39 AM

Jul 2009
yhunata said:
They are ZOMBIES. Their instinct is to eat, not to rape. If they were to catch a human, i.e. their prey, their instinct would be "Don't fuckin' let go".

So how many zombie apocalypses were you in? :D
With such vast knowledge on zombies, I'm guessing at least 3?

<3?

Jul 23, 2015 1:25 AM

Apr 2011
LoveChild said:
yhunata said:

Zombies are mindless beasts that are programmed to eat humans. Is that not what zombies are? And from what I've seen, their instincts aren't any different in this either. By the way, can you read?
Jul 23, 2015 1:36 AM

Feb 2014
yhunata said:

I see. So many ways to have done that scene and they went with the stupidest way. I mean, he threw her to the ground. In what world does a mindless, savage beast catch it's prey and then let go of it?

i'm rewatching that scene again so here's my opinion.

i dont think that senpai (zombie) throw her to the ground. kurumi herself struggle trying to escape from the zombie, and then she fell. if us are on the same situation like her, who gonna stay put and let the zombie eat ourself? it's basic human insting to run from unexpected situation like that
Jul 23, 2015 1:42 AM

Apr 2011
veline said:
yhunata said:

I see. So many ways to have done that scene and they went with the stupidest way. I mean, he threw her to the ground. In what world does a mindless, savage beast catch it's prey and then let go of it?

i dont think that senpai (zombie) throw her to the ground. kurumi herself struggle trying to escape from the zombie, and then she fell. if us are on the same situation like her, who gonna stay put and let the zombie eat ourself? it's basic human insting to run from unexpected situation like that

He'd already caught her, so I doubt she could fall just like that. Also, she was pretty shocked, so I doubt she was trying to run either or she'd have done so the moment she was freed from zombie-senpai.
Jul 23, 2015 1:48 AM
Oct 2014
yhunata said:

bibotot said:
A lot of things in anime do not make sense in real life. For example, in Charlotte, I struggle to understand why someone has to perform a test without any preparation just because the school hears some rumors about him cheating.

Wasn't Nao manipulating those guys? Besides, that school was a very prestigious school. I think if there were rumors that there top scoring student was cheating they'd want to snuff it out as quickly as possible. Not nearly as nonsense as you say.

Do you study at an Asian prestigious school? I do, and I can say it is absolutely not like that for 3 reasons:

- A student may need to be mentally prepared for a test. Paying attention in class and doing your homework do not mean you will always perform great in tests. You need to study for that test specifically. If a student is forced to take an important test in such short notice, he or she may panic and the performance is impaired.

- There are other elements that affect the test score. No one is consistently good or bad. Unlucky good students who study hard but suffer sickness during exam can still fail while lucky bad students who study for one particular subject and get it as the main topic of the test can still pass. A lot of MCQs for prestigious schools are next to impossible, meaning 1% students will know the answer and the other 99% will have to choose randomly and pray to God it is correct.

- A lot of students fail or pass the test by a tiny margin. If the test requires 70/100 and you score 69, you will fail, but that does not mean it is conclusive that you are absolutely less intelligent than someone who scores 70 and passes.

A better scenario for this would be forcing the MC to sit in an empty room in the end of term exam, instead of immediately. I do not want to bring this up because this is not the discussion for Charlotte, but just to let you.

yhunata said:
bibotot said:
Tokyo Ghoul has people doing their everyday life normally. With flesh-eating ghouls roaming the city, shouldn't they be more cautious? No one seems to die in Aldnoah.zero, even though entire cities are decimated by giant mechs.

They were living in a ward (was it called that?) that was amongst the safest. Of course people would be more relaxed than in any dangerous wards.

It's not like that. People in the anime seem very ignorant of the fact there are ghouls around, despite the TV broadcasting about the ghouls all the time. I don't know why the ward is safest when there are still people being devoured everyday. It's not like it's a big secret or anything.

I have not watched Season 2, due to disappointing ending of season 1, nor read the manga, so I might miss a lot in there.

yhunata said:
bibotot said:
The scene in School-Live could be because they were struggling. Zombies are not very adept in taking down humans compared to predators in the wild, such as tigers and panthers. They have to rely on numbers, the inability to feel pain and the element of surprise to catch the prey.

How many zombie movies have you even watched? In the Walking Dead, people even run through zombies who are not quick enough to react and catch them. In any zombie film, one zombie rarely overpowers anyone.

yhunata said:
bibotot said:
Also, Yuki's carefree nature does not bother anyone, apart Miki to a minor extent. There are many other annoying anime characters that I wish I could throw a brick at. Yes, I am talking about those Tsundere stereotypes.

Tsundere stereotypes, really? When you're trying to survive, I'd take a stereotypical tsundere any day of the week over someone like Yuki... unless if we needed live bait, of course.

Nope. Nope. If there is a carefree happy person in my group who boosts morale, I would take her over that bitch who keeps annoying me and making me lose my focus, hence reducing my chance of surviving.
Jul 23, 2015 1:54 AM

Jul 2009
yhunata said:
LoveChild said:

Zombies are mindless beasts that are programmed to eat humans. Is that not what zombies are? And from what I've seen, their instincts aren't any different in this either. By the way, can you read?

I can read.
I am asking again - how many zombie situations have you been, since you know so much about zombies.
Wanna know a zombie in real life? A fungi that attaches itself to an ant, eats its brain and leaves it to die, so it would spread the fungi's spores. That is it. It doesn't actively seek other ants to eat them.
What we know about zombies is all from pop-culture and it's all fictional. So stating "zombies should be this and that" is absolute bullshit. We don't know that. We were told that and it's totally not the same as being in the situation. In this case Gakkou Gurashi picked slow zombies. And apparently they keep memories of past lives, or at least some do, as someone pointed it out to you. So let me ask your own question: can YOU read?!

<3?

Jul 23, 2015 2:04 AM

Feb 2014
yhunata said:
veline said:

He'd already caught her, so I doubt she could fall just like that. Also, she was pretty shocked, so I doubt she was trying to run either or she'd have done so the moment she was freed from zombie-senpai.

yeah i mean because she's using much power to escape by pulling her hand against the zombie, when her hand freed, the pulling effect causing her to fall. kurumi seems like not a dojikko character to just fall to the ground without a cause
Jul 23, 2015 2:43 AM

Apr 2011
bibotot said:
Do you study at an Asian prestigious school? I do, and I can say it is absolutely not like that for 3 reasons:

- A student may need to be mentally prepared for a test. Paying attention in class and doing your homework do not mean you will always perform great in tests. You need to study for that test specifically. If a student is forced to take an important test in such short notice, he or she may panic and the performance is impaired.

- There are other elements that affect the test score. No one is consistently good or bad. Unlucky good students who study hard but suffer sickness during exam can still fail while lucky bad students who study for one particular subject and get it as the main topic of the test can still pass. A lot of MCQs for prestigious schools are next to impossible, meaning 1% students will know the answer and the other 99% will have to choose randomly and pray to God it is correct.

- A lot of students fail or pass the test by a tiny margin. If the test requires 70/100 and you score 69, you will fail, but that does not mean it is conclusive that you are absolutely less intelligent than someone who scores 70 and passes.

A better scenario for this would be forcing the MC to sit in an empty room in the end of term exam, instead of immediately. I do not want to bring this up because this is not the discussion for Charlotte, but just to let you.

I do not go to school anymore, but I will tell you that yes, I did, in fact, go to a prestigious school in my country. Two of them. And yes, they are Asian. However, as I never really bothered to study, I was never amongst the higher scoring students except for in one occasion, where I was third in the grade with a measly 67% in Accounting.
As for the remaining points; he was constantly scoring nearly a 100%, as such he is, academically, the most important student in the school. If there are rumors that such a student had been cheating, there'd be suspicions that someone was helping him and that is not something a prestigious school like that would want, as I can attest. One of the schools I went to disallowed students who failed to qualify for the government subsidy for the O' Levels because they feared those students would bring the average of the school down.
Also, you do realise that he was alleged of cheating and they didn't know how. Informing him that they were gonna give him a test would be outright retarded. They also told him he didn't need to match his usual records. Being near would be enough. Surely, someone who "studies everyday" can score rather high, even if asked right out of the blue. It's also just a rumor. As such, they would want it kept quiet, because, you know, there is such a thing as reputation.

bibotot said:
It's not like that. People in the anime seem very ignorant of the fact there are ghouls around, despite the TV broadcasting about the ghouls all the time. I don't know why the ward is safest when there are still people being devoured everyday. It's not like it's a big secret or anything.

I have not watched Season 2, due to disappointing ending of season 1, nor read the manga, so I might miss a lot in there.

I may be wrong about this, considering how long it's been since I read either of the manga or watched either of the anime, but early on it was mentioned that people are ignorant to the ghouls, which is the reason why the TV broadcasts so much about the ghoul. As for Ward 20, it's called the safest because of those guys in the cafe. They make sure everything is done discreetly and that as less living humans as possible are eaten. The biggest concern about the ward was that a binge eater was spotted in the ward, so it can't be nearly as bad as any of the more dangerous wards, which look like a warzone.

bibotot said:
Nope. Nope. If there is a carefree happy person in my group who boosts morale, I would take her over that bitch who keeps annoying me and making me lose my focus, hence reducing my chance of surviving.

Boosts morale? Her loudmouthed and carefree nature is the perfect mixture to lure zombies towards you. They even mentioned how loud noises attract the zombies in this. I don't know about you guys, but if I was trying not to get turned into a zombie, I'd try not to have someone in my group that naturally lures them towards us.

bibotot said:
How many zombie movies have you even watched? In the Walking Dead, people even run through zombies who are not quick enough to react and catch them. In any zombie film, one zombie rarely overpowers anyone.

veline said:
yeah i mean because she's using much power to escape by pulling her hand against the zombie, when her hand freed, the pulling effect causing her to fall. kurumi seems like not a dojikko character to just fall to the ground without a cause

Since my answer is fairly similar to both of you, I'm answering both at the same time. It seemed to me that Kurumi was in shock when her senpai started moving towards her and kinda froze up. If a zombie, whose natural instincts has been shown in this scene itself is to eat humans, caught one of them, they're likely not to let go. Sure, she could try to get him off, but since she froze up in shock, I doubt she could've done that. Btw, I just checked and yes, she did freeze up in shock.

LoveChild said:
I can read.
I am asking again - how many zombie situations have you been, since you know so much about zombies.
Wanna know a zombie in real life? A fungi that attaches itself to an ant, eats its brain and leaves it to die, so it would spread the fungi's spores. That is it. It doesn't actively seek other ants to eat them.
What we know about zombies is all from pop-culture and it's all fictional. So stating "zombies should be this and that" is absolute bullshit. We don't know that. We were told that and it's totally not the same as being in the situation. In this case Gakkou Gurashi picked slow zombies. And apparently they keep memories of past lives, or at least some do, as someone pointed it out to you. So let me ask your own question: can YOU read?!

Oh good, so you can read. So you can see that my agreement to zombie-senpai having let go of her was due to remaining memories. Now, to the next point. I'm not using my own logic of how zombies should be. I'm using this show's. I don't know if you noticed, but these zombies seem to have a tendency to go towards living humans and opening their mouths while doing so. Putting one and one together, these zombies' natural instincts, if not to eat humans, then what exactly is it? And for the scene with Kurumi, check my response directly above this one.
Jul 23, 2015 2:51 AM

Apr 2009
I interpreted the "senpai turning into a zombie dream" as just that, a dream. In the manga it happens during the chaos of the outbreak and makes much more sense. In the anime, I think it was meant to symbolize Kurumi's blossoming high school life suddenly turning very dark in what must've seemed like a very short amount of time to her. The visuals in the dream scene support this.

-edit-

That's not to say that Kurumi's crush didn't zombiefy, but I'm just saying that the way Kurumi is dreaming it doesn't necessarily mean it's how it happened. The series deals pretty heavily with mental health and such, so it's not far fetched to think that.
Jul 23, 2015 4:12 AM

Jan 2015
Yuuri deserves more love
Jul 23, 2015 5:59 AM

Apr 2009
Amarrez said:
I interpreted the "senpai turning into a zombie dream" as just that, a dream. In the manga it happens during the chaos of the outbreak and makes much more sense. In the anime, I think it was meant to symbolize Kurumi's blossoming high school life suddenly turning very dark in what must've seemed like a very short amount of time to her. The visuals in the dream scene support this.

-edit-

That's not to say that Kurumi's crush didn't zombiefy, but I'm just saying that the way Kurumi is dreaming it doesn't necessarily mean it's how it happened. The series deals pretty heavily with mental health and such, so it's not far fetched to think that.

I was right =3=
Jul 23, 2015 1:55 PM

Jun 2010
señor bear i see you

damn it !!! why do i torture myself like this. watching this is giving me PTSD flashbacks.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jul 24, 2015 8:03 AM

Dec 2013
I think it's safe to say that i'm positive that teach is dead. They only thanked her an such to play along with her delusions. I like this show, it gives off a dark yet happy vibe.
Jul 24, 2015 8:35 PM

Oct 2008
Episode 2 is a bit boring to my taste..maybe because i'm really sleepy cuz of sleep deprivation.
Now...i really want an unmaibo! suddenly got hungry! like a zombie! always hungry!
3/5.

Jul 26, 2015 6:29 AM

Jul 2009
Kurumi's crush turned into a zombie and tried to attack her, poor girl.
Sometimes even myself think that Megumi and the dog are alive lol
Jul 27, 2015 7:08 AM

Sep 2008
Boring again. This anime has no idea how to create any sort of atmosphere. Pink hair girl is annoying. Everything that happens feels so generic. Dropped.
Jul 28, 2015 8:25 PM
Apr 2015
DaisukiAishiteru said:
SchwingBoner said:
[center]
That moment when senpai finally notices you but you have to kill him.

Jul 28, 2015 8:28 PM
Apr 2015
yuiyuigahama said:
Yeoun said:
WOW this episode was so scary and intense at the end i can't even

1/10

a low quality watermarked gif. clever. original, i might even venture to say.

this is a pretty great adaptation so far. it flows for the most part; rii sans allusion to mikis being trapped at the mall seemed out of place though. i feel like if you havent read the manga youd be super confused so i hope they explain that soon. i like the comedy a lot but that might just be me.

edit: noticed the pun in the op title fu re n do shi ta i = friend corpse

+1
Jul 29, 2015 1:30 AM

Jan 2015
PNDRetro said:
DaisukiAishiteru said:
Jul 29, 2015 12:42 PM
Jul 2018
I have never read the manga. The first episode had me doubting if I would like this series, but now I am hooked. The cute and the creepy are well dosed, the atmosphere is quite interesting.
Jul 31, 2015 1:11 AM
Sep 2010
Lol did anyone else notice how they awkwardly animated/adapted that scene where Kurumi killed that zombie by the barrier.

In the Manga:
She knocks it on its chest and holds it down by placing her foot on its back, leaving little opportunities for it to grab and/or bite her, allowing her to get a easy kill.

In the Anime:
She knocks it on its BACK leaving plenty openings for it to scratch/grab/bite her and decides the best way to restrain it is place her foot on its... leg. wtf?
Aug 1, 2015 2:02 AM

Feb 2011
yhunata said:
supervamp78 said:
It can't be helped that some people feel that way about her but it's still disheartening.

Is there any reason why we shouldn't feel that way about her?

maybe you're looking at this from a pure zombie movie point of view, so only the most fit and combat useful are good characters to stay, if so only yuuri(the mind) and kurumi(the brawn) should survive, cause both miki and yuki are not being useful in the standard zombie apocalypse sense

buuut, the human side of things is as important in this show, yuki is giving them some distraction from their grim situation keeping them in a stable mood, which is very important to remain collected and don't make hasty decisions which may lead them all to die
basically she's indirectly helping them too, and they know of it, that's why they keep her around and try to support her (besides as some has already suggested they may not know how to deal with a mental breakdown, so their only way to help her is to indulge her delusions)

basically, be less stiff about this all, it is still a slice of life even with zombies around

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Aug 1, 2015 5:14 AM

Dec 2014
Xenocrisi said:
Yuuri deserves more love

I second this!
Aug 1, 2015 7:52 PM

May 2015
okay, talk about delusions, this is what i said crazy
Aug 7, 2015 3:50 PM

Jun 2008
Damn....

So, I really wonder why it is that Yuki can't see or understand what is really going on.

Also, I have a feeling Megu-nee is part of her delusion.

She only shows up some of the time and interacts mostly with Yuki.

Fuck, this show is one hell of mind-fuck and it's only been two episodes.
Aug 8, 2015 4:40 PM

Aug 2015
JustALEX said:
...Also, I have a feeling Megu-nee is part of her delusion.

She only shows up some of the time and interacts mostly with Yuki....

Omg! I'm going to keep an eye out for this now! Obviously, the others said thank you to her for helping Yuki, but they way they all did it could have easily been for Yuki's benefit. O.O But if this is correct, then Yuki is at least subconsciously aware of the zombie situation for her to hide, not move and be quiet like that.

I enjoyed this episode though, because unlike the first episode, this time we got to see more of the zombies and their living situation. But more importantly, we got to see how they are handling Yuki's denial/delusion. ★5/5
Aug 12, 2015 3:04 AM

Mar 2012
Found it quite irresponsible of them to take Yuki with them during their resupply run. Shit could've gone south real easy if there was more than one zombie.
yhunata said:
EDIT: I thought she (the chick with the spade) was gonna get raped, but apparently her crush just got infected out of nowhere? What, is it transmissible by air?

How the hell did you come up with rape rather than him becoming a zombie while watching those scenes? ಠ_ಠ
Aug 12, 2015 5:41 AM
Jul 2013
Amarrez said:
Barion-Zara said:
For manga readers are all these questions answered in the manga yet? And are they censoring the hits with the shovels?

Not as badly censored as you'd think. The manga isn't particularly violent, it relies mostly on atmosphere.

danieltortoisee said:
After all, they're stupid enough to keep Yuki around despite the fact that her insanity is putting them in way more danger than necessary. Seriously, they're insane to play along with her test of courage in that situation. They should just kill her and be done with it. That way they'll be less at risk and their supplies will last longer.

I know you're being an edgy tool just for the sake of replies, but the end of the episode with Kurumi makes it blatantly obvious that Yuki is an emotional crutch for the rest of the group.

I understand how it's only human to watch out and care for each other. The girls are doing the right thing in doing so, but that doesn't change the fact that Yuki is soooo annoying and a hazard to their safety. Just an opinion - with all due respect :)
Aug 12, 2015 7:55 AM

Jul 2010
I can't get why zombies are covered in a black smoke. It feels so stupid.

I'm guessing Yuki will notice that the world is not like her old back days, and every single member dies. END.

DaisukiAishiteru said:
SchwingBoner said:
[center]
That moment when senpai finally notices you but you have to kill him.

Yandere simulator at full version. Finally, noticed!

Aug 12, 2015 11:52 AM

Oct 2014
myd10oz said:

I'm guessing Yuki will notice that the world is not like her old back days, and every single member dies. END.

The Black smoke is a Kurumi only thing. It is easier to kill zombies by seeing them as anoymn black fog thingies instead of the human beings they had been, like your crush for example. Dehumanizing your enemy, something that is used in many wars to make sure that your soldiers don't hesitate to kill. Kurumi is doing the same and thus also protects her mentality. After all, she is not killing "former humans" but "black fog things".
Aug 13, 2015 4:13 AM

Jul 2010
James_Rye said:
myd10oz said:

The Black smoke is a Kurumi only thing. It is easier to kill zombies by seeing them as anoymn black fog thingies instead of the human beings they had been, like your crush for example. Dehumanizing your enemy, something that is used in many wars to make sure that your soldiers don't hesitate to kill. Kurumi is doing the same and thus also protects her mentality. After all, she is not killing "former humans" but "black fog things".

Make a sense now.
Aug 14, 2015 12:49 PM

Apr 2013
After the first episode, I wasn't too sure about it, but this was a good episode, I like that they take this whole zombie thing serious.

While watching the episode I was sure Megu-nee was real, but after some people pointed out the oddities with her I'm not sure anymore...

Kurumi best girl though
Aug 19, 2015 8:18 PM

Nov 2012
The library scene was pretty tense.
Aug 23, 2015 11:20 PM

Feb 2014
It seems Yuki's delusions are also good for others. At least it's an appearance of normality for others.
Aug 28, 2015 9:55 PM

Oct 2013

That is more of a concern of how it will bring about issues later on than it is an issue at present, though. I really like the slow pacing of the series and the anime-original content.

It seems Megumi is Yuki's link to her sanity, a device to counter some of the irrationality of her delusion. I honestly hadn't noticed this at all in the manga, so the anime did a great job at highlighting that this episode me thinks.

tl;dr I liked this episode.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 13, 2015 10:39 AM

Nov 2011
In the beginning I thought this anime was completely different and therefore had a narrative dversa well, I was hesitant watching the first episode, in shock but with a better idea watching the episode today. Narratively like this coupling between the atmosphere fun and sweet with other style horror. Cute the drawings but if necessary can visually describe well the fear of the protagonists. Now I am determined to finish the whole series.
Oct 4, 2015 10:45 AM

May 2012
Pretty damn epic setting if you ask me, but I'm sure it won't stay this happy atmosphere that's currently surrounding this while dark yet lovely anime!
Oct 4, 2015 11:32 AM

Aug 2013
Wow, that sure went dark real fast... I'm lovin' this! :D

Of course, I think we can all agree that Megu-nee isn't normal. The way everyone interact with her doesn't seem right. It seem like she's some sort of protector Yuki consciousness built to be able to stay sane (or insane, from other point of view). Or she could obviously just be a survivor teacher, and I'm just way overthinking it. In any case, she's adorably hilarious.

That OP is the shit. Cute moe shit in apocalyptic background. It's like I'm in a weird otaku delusion dream. It feel [ì]good[/i].
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 7, 2015 11:11 PM

Jun 2011
Zeando said:
yhunata said:

Is there any reason why we shouldn't feel that way about her?

maybe you're looking at this from a pure zombie movie point of view, so only the most fit and combat useful are good characters to stay, if so only yuuri(the mind) and kurumi(the brawn) should survive, cause both miki and yuki are not being useful in the standard zombie apocalypse sense

buuut, the human side of things is as important in this show, yuki is giving them some distraction from their grim situation keeping them in a stable mood, which is very important to remain collected and don't make hasty decisions which may lead them all to die
basically she's indirectly helping them too, and they know of it, that's why they keep her around and try to support her (besides as some has already suggested they may not know how to deal with a mental breakdown, so their only way to help her is to indulge her delusions)

basically, be less stiff about this all, it is still a slice of life even with zombies around
Pretty much this. I can't fathom how can anyone hate Yuki when she is so pitiable. She clearly has problems accepting this reality. Do people just want mindless zombie killing show, or perfect characters with no flaws whatsoever? Oh then you're clearly watching the wrong show.

Anyway, I am excited for the upcoming episodes. I think I stopped at this point in the manga, so anything else will be new for me too. XD
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 2, 2015 4:28 PM
Feb 2015
Holy fuck this show is so intense it's amazing

My friend doesn't like Madoka because of the " dark and oppressing mood " but holy shit this anime is even better at it, I was on the edge of my seat
Feb 13, 2016 4:12 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Liking it so far, the contrast is very refreshing.
Apr 5, 2016 9:18 AM

Feb 2015
Still not sure if Megu-nee is alive of not
May 22, 2016 5:11 AM

Dec 2015
The delusional Yuki is really ruining the experience for me, I hope this show gets better soon
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 12, 2016 5:43 AM

Feb 2013
The OP kinda changed... O_O

Psychologists would have a field day in analyzing Yuki lol
I don't find Yuki annoying at all. She was a naive girl who experienced traumatic events and thus, she copes by creating a fantasy in which everyone around her is happy.

I'm definitely loving this show!

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jul 9, 2016 3:21 AM

Dec 2012
Pretty good episode.

Kurumi remembering stuff from her past.

I can see your pantsu, Mii. :D

lol at the book having the shows name on it.

When will Yuki get hit with the imagine breaker? I wonder.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 11, 2016 1:13 PM
May 2013
About Megu

Great episode anyway , although I dislike how zombies have that annoying aura which make everything less horror .
Nov 26, 2016 2:35 PM
Jul 2014
Sure, after going past the barrier (where a zombie was hanging out that same day), the first thing you do is stand around talking and let the reality-challenged girl go first. Seems legit.

Seriously, though, if the school has an on-site store that they're raiding for supplies, why haven't they cleared the area so they can keep that inside the barricade? Or at least set up secondary barricades beyond it to reduce the chance it'll get overrun. Maybe the layout makes it tricky -- it'd be really hard to protect any area on the ground floor after all.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

289 by PahLevia »»
Feb 16, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

228 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

226 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 24, 11:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.