Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2015 9:46 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well they know the culprit is close. Just a matter of time when they find it with their clues...

This episode got weird though with the gimmicks imo:

Jul 9, 2015 11:18 AM
Oct 2012
They went for the camp. And we got the first "normal" reaction from a character (hah).

That was a hell of a lot of fun, a nice touch of macabre, they are playing Kobayashi gender issues even more up this episode, need the English to sort out a few things, but enjoyable popcorn entertainment.
Jul 9, 2015 11:20 AM

May 2010
Well this was soo damn anticlimatic..

So that teacher fell in love with a boy who looks like a girl..that yaoi touch again

How they solved the murder case with no trouble at all..it was all so obvious and easy to figure out.

meh/
Jul 9, 2015 11:23 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Wow, they solved the crime in this episode already. I heavily liked Kobayashi's work, he is very smart, probably cause he was interested in mystery stuff and crime solving before. This stays intriguing.

I suppose, we will see more crimes being solved.
Jul 9, 2015 11:28 AM

Jun 2015
I am glad to see Kobayashi helping out the police with the case even if he is a suspect... Though the gimmicks didn't bother me for some odd reason...
Jul 9, 2015 11:36 AM

Apr 2014
Solving that murder case was like taking candy from a drunk baby

Jul 9, 2015 11:37 AM

Aug 2013
I was really impressed by Kobayashi's deductive skills

out of so little clues he managed to find the culprit + her motives

I think we have found a rival for Shinichi Kudo
Jul 9, 2015 11:47 AM

Jul 2015
WTF just watched. Even in anime I never saw such happy reactions to grisly murder, not to mention such ridiculuos thing that victims wanted to be killed and turned into chairs
Sukebe14Jul 9, 2015 11:50 AM
Jul 9, 2015 11:51 AM

Aug 2013
Sukebe14 said:
WTF just watched. Even in anime I never saw such happy reactions to grisly murder, not to mention such ridiculuos thing that victims wanted to be killed and turned into chairs

you should stop searching for realism and comon sense in this anime

Edogawa Ranpo was a writer of strange tales and macabre humor
Jul 9, 2015 11:52 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The murder case got solved rather easily. Kobayashi's continuous theorycrafting allowed them to narrow down the victim in no time. That one phrase of Hoshino "a shape like that" also worked as a subtle hint, which only he picked up on. GG Kobayashi.

I thought Goth-loli sensei Hanabishi was about to go on a murderous rampage once she saw that skeleton chair. That would've been quite something. Lol.

Akechi finally gave his key of approval to the trap, much to Hasiba's anxiety. Well, it's somewhat understandable, given that the murderer sensei was not the only one to have had hidden feelings for Kobayashi..

Decent episode. So, what's the next case? Kagami's imouto satsujin jiken?

Jul 9, 2015 11:54 AM

Jul 2015
Sherlupin said:
Sukebe14 said:

you should stop searching for realism and comon sense in this anime

Edogawa Ranpo was a writer of strange tales and macabre humor

Guess you right. This anime not for me, I rather read some H.P Lovecraft's works. His stories makes more common sense
Jul 9, 2015 11:54 AM

Dec 2013
I honestly don't know how I feel about this anime. I do admit the teacher jumping out of the window made me lmao
Jul 9, 2015 11:59 AM

Feb 2014
Well, this episode made me dislike the MC even more, he is just too op and doesn't have any emotions...

For a second there I thought the murderer was the new teacher, but I wasn't expecting to be the girl.
Jul 9, 2015 12:01 PM

Jan 2014
loving this one so far, really impressed by Kobayashi's deductive skills
Jul 9, 2015 12:03 PM

Apr 2014
Eh........ I get that they want to speed things up so we get some action with Kobayashi truly working alongside Akechi, but it didn't really work for me.

Kobayashi's deduction/explanation makes sense... but all the points seemed to be tied together with a thin piece of string. It's not easy for me to believe his deduction off the bat because of how little I know about the characters. The first mention of the teacher having feelings for Kobayashi seemed far-fetched, since my basic reaction was "Okay, so the teacher didn't actually get to tell him he had feelings for the kid, but because he asked to meet him all of a sudden this can only mean that the teacher liked Kobayashi????"

Also the whole lovers'-conflict-turned-ugly-and-became-a-murder cliche felt off from the whole vibe of the series. I mean, if this was meant to be quirky, or... "not normal", I felt that they could've written a better motive for the murderer.

I hope the cases get more interesting, but... I guess I'll have to see. Kobayashi's still cute as fuck though.
Jul 9, 2015 12:15 PM

Jan 2015
i can already see people dropping this after these yaoi moments.
Jul 9, 2015 12:17 PM

Oct 2011
I really do not like the goofiness of this anime. I was hoping for something more serious. Also Kobayashi is actually incredibly creepy hah. That girl was right when she said he was similar to the teacher, because they're both not right in the head.
Jul 9, 2015 12:24 PM

Jan 2015
Oh poor girl, she wanted to become his chair. damn what a twisted school it is. :P I thought they would put more effort on the suspense for the murdered teacher case.

So this is show's going to be episodic...
neko_colaJul 9, 2015 12:27 PM
Jul 9, 2015 12:25 PM

Jun 2014
Stark700 said:
This episode got weird though with the gimmicks imo:

Watched half of this scene and now i quit. If Lerche cant even take crime investigation seriously, Im fucking done. This garbage is a disgrace to everything in its genre
Jul 9, 2015 12:26 PM

Mar 2011
I thought all the gimmicks gave off a special touch. Gave off a danga ronpa feel, and I enjoyed it.
Jul 9, 2015 12:26 PM

Oct 2014
After the 1st episode I thought that this anime will be dark and psychedelic a bit, but 2nd ep has too much weird humour for my expectations. Of course, it's still good, but I don't have a rapture that came to me after watching the 1st ep now.
Jul 9, 2015 12:39 PM

Jun 2015
To be honest I quite liked this episode
Even the teacher fell for the trap OMG also "I want to be a chair so I can stay with him forever" I was like the fnuck? Though I liked how Kobayashi explained it, and that autopsy it put me laughing!
Also Hashiba you dont fool anyone and Kobayashi isnt helping, I thought he was going to kiss him!

I honestly think that Kobayashi is more of a trap than Nagisa, and that is saying something.
Jul 9, 2015 12:40 PM

Jun 2014
I didn't think the case would be solved this quickly and easily. Seemed a bit anticlimactic. The best part of this episode was the teacher jumping out of the window haha
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 9, 2015 12:40 PM

Jul 2007
Another great episode. It seems they will follow the Sherlock model in having "episodic" arcs focusing on Kobayashi and Akechi solving various cases, each story based on Ranpo's books. Color me interested.

I do like that they are going with the whole "mind of a killer" thing which used in A.Christie's works, namely
. Sure it is also used as premise in current modern take on Sherlock, which makes that show's ties with this work even more apparent. The moment where Kobayashi genuinely thanked the killer for entertainment was such Sherlock moment.

5/5 yet again.
Jul 9, 2015 12:57 PM

Mar 2014
This show is shit, just shit.
Can the trap die? That'd at least be a step in the right direction, fuck the trap, drags the little show has going for it right down to the bottom, the blushing shounen doesn't help but fuck the trap most of all.
lmao when the trap thought the teacher was going to flirt with him, this is all just fucking hilarious "the teacher was going to leave his 14 year old girlfriend and go for the 13 year old trap" Suuuuure, gotta get that 13 yo boypussy, amirite?
And of course, instead of killing your "rival" you kill your love, GOOD FUCKING JAAB!
Jul 9, 2015 1:03 PM

May 2014
So...the teacher fell for Kobayashi. And his friend seems to be interested in him too....I'm done. Not really, I will still watch on.

Anyway, this is one weird episode. Girls wanting to be chairs for the man they love...that was a bit creepy. Worse still, the MC was so calm throughout this whole episode.....I'm not really complaining though, since it's at least different from the norm.

For the most part, I didn't felt that the gimmicks spoilt the show whatsoever, but the overall episode was really anti-climatic. Well...let's see where it will proceed from here onwards.
Jul 9, 2015 1:04 PM
Sep 2013
well, that's some plot twist, and i dont expect that to happen so sudden..

Feels like some introductory chapter, with the purpose of making Akechi and Kobayashi unite as a team, as the original story.

i'll expect more twist and mystery in the upcoming episode.
Jul 9, 2015 1:04 PM

Mar 2015
So the culprit was a student all along, huh? That chair gave me the chills. However, the overall case seemed sort of disappointing - it was sort of easy to solve... Great episode, though!
Jul 9, 2015 1:07 PM

Mar 2014
D- said:
So the culprit was a student all along, huh? That chair gave me the chills. However, the overall case seemed sort of disappointing - it was sort of easy to solve... Great episode, though!
Because the murders are 14 years old, of course it's easy to solve, jesus christ, this is just stupid, why are people even listening to the MCs? That's not how the real world works, if you're 13 in the real world the police is just going to tell you to go run back to your mommy and stop getting in their way.
Jul 9, 2015 1:24 PM
Apr 2015
I'm really liking it so far, the op and the ed are awesome and the only problem I have is that Kobayashi really looks and acts like a girl, but whatever, may I'l get used to it.
Jul 9, 2015 1:33 PM

Aug 2014
what day is this anime available on? friday10th or Saturday 11th of july? I want o know
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jul 9, 2015 1:37 PM

Aug 2013
Paulo27 said:

And of course, instead of killing your "rival" you kill your love, GOOD FUCKING JAAB!

hum...you've got a point
Jul 9, 2015 1:41 PM

Jul 2007
Paulo27 said:

It was explained in the episode.

To the teacher and the ones he brainwashed the whole chair thing is the ultimate expression of love.

The girl essentially was making sure her teacher would n ever leave her, while at the same time framing the "rival'. After all if the teacher is made into a chair and is dead, even there won't be another rival.
Jul 9, 2015 1:49 PM

Mar 2014
I don't know if I like this show... All the characters act so unrealistically.
Like the girl who was the murderer went through all the trouble of killing & cutting up the teacher just to admit her crime the first time someone confronted her?
Jul 9, 2015 1:50 PM

Mar 2014
CookingPriest said:
Paulo27 said:

It was explained in the episode.

To the teacher and the ones he brainwashed the whole chair thing is the ultimate expression of love.

The girl essentially was making sure her teacher would n ever leave her, while at the same time framing the "rival'. After all if the teacher is made into a chair and is dead, even there won't be another rival.
Yep if she killed the rival the teacher would go back to loving her and maybe he could turn her into a chair which is probably what the wanted.
... I feel so stupid after writing that.
Jul 9, 2015 1:51 PM
Jul 2018
The murder case got solved so easily.
Jul 9, 2015 1:54 PM

Nov 2013
Tohka_Yatogami said:

Agreed. I thought it would go on for a few episodes..
Jul 9, 2015 1:57 PM

Aug 2013
xAkikazex said:
Tohka_Yatogami said:

Agreed. I thought it would go on for a few episodes..

that's because Kobayashi is so badass he solves a murder case in a few minutes while the police does nothing
Jul 9, 2015 1:59 PM
Oct 2012
People should remember this show is targeted to 13-17 year old kids. So expect more camp than butchery.

Kobayashi is not a trap, he is a troll. And he trolls everyone: friend, classmates, teachers, the police. He is deliberately playing up his femininity, you can see that this episode. He enjoys it.

Also, yes Kobayashi does have emotions, he is just wired very very differently. I liked how he only noticed how cute Hoshino was once he understood she was the murderer.

With the teacher, think of "love" as mental, not physical. Hoshino "loved" the teacher because he was the only person who noticed her and paid attention to her. Her truly understood her, and for someone like her that would mean everything to her. I seriously doubt that the teacher had sex with any of his "lovers", that would have tainted his "love" for them. So his "love" for Kobayashi, as Hoshino pointed out, was because he recognized that Kobayashi was a kindred spirit, the one person who could understand him.

Real question: what would Kobayashi have done had he found out that the teacher was a serial killer? Would he have turned him in?

Best thing about this show is that the writer gets what he is doing. He turns "weaknesses" into strengths. People were complaining how casual Kobayashi accepted everything, then we get the scene with the teacher with the exaggerated reaction. The juxtaposition made that scene 10 times funnier than it would have been. Having her run out of the room, then back through the other door so she could then jump out of the window, and then have Kobayashi's casual "she took a month off" was perfectly timed.

Finally, yes this was an easy murder. Now we are on to Akechi level opponents. Expect even more over the top characters.
Jul 9, 2015 2:01 PM

Sep 2013
Brainwashing is real :(
Need to find a girl who's willing to get turned into a chair for me< 3 now that's true love <3

And please no more complaining about the trap, it was like that in the books too.
Jul 9, 2015 2:08 PM

Mar 2014
Edogawa Ranpo is a hack.
A. HACK.
Jul 9, 2015 2:09 PM

Feb 2009
lol maybe this show is a bit too deep down the hole for some people. I gotta agree that it's indeed anticlimax, but at least now I know what I should expect from this show.

P.S. That ED just scream UN-GO. Took me awhile to realized...
shirouxJul 9, 2015 2:19 PM
Jul 9, 2015 2:09 PM
Nov 2013
That three minute lesson was so weird haha. And is it me or did they solve that murder case reaaaally quickly?
Jul 9, 2015 2:10 PM

Jul 2009
Turning your loved ones into chairs so you can be with them forever isn't love lol. That psychopath needs to go to a mental institution.
Jul 9, 2015 2:18 PM

Nov 2014
Well, if anything, it's now pretty clear that Kobayashi is seriously a mentally disturbed individual.

So far I can't really get behind this series. One thing I really hate about a number of mystery anime is when they create mysteries that we the viewer can't solve. I may be not remembering enough details about the first episode, so maybe I'm ranting about something irrelevant, but I don't believe there was really anything that suggested this girl was the killer. As for making mention of "that form" -- she had opportunities to see it without being implicitly involved.

I definitely feel like they rushed the conclusion on this particular case. The first case should really draw you in, but he basically goes from nothing to solved in one sitting. We're just expected to be amazed at how awesome this near psychopath protagonist is at solving mysteries.

I will keep watching it in the hopes it improves.
Jul 9, 2015 2:24 PM

Aug 2011
I liked it alot! Both serious, and then not. I love the SHOUNEN AI theme :3
My life is nothing without my dearest guys in pain.
Love it, whatever it's a Banana made with Fish. It's BANANA FISH. My biggest favorite due to the pain. Pain is good when you want it to go away from your own pain~

Then there is Yaoi. Oh yes, Yaoi.
- Yaoi is best when your watching it in HD! xD
Jul 9, 2015 2:29 PM

Jul 2007
sirflimflam said:

So far I can't really get behind this series. One thing I really hate about a number of mystery anime is when they create mysteries that we the viewer can't solve. I may be not remembering enough details about the first episode, so maybe I'm ranting about something irrelevant, but I don't believe there was really anything that suggested this girl was the killer. As for making mention of "that form" -- she had opportunities to see it without being implicitly involved.

She did not.

The class was offlimits and only kobayashi and student council president got into it(the latter after the body was removed).
Akechi also had a total media blackout on the case, so the only way the girl could really know about the shape the teacher was in was if she did it.
Jul 9, 2015 2:42 PM
Jan 2015
So we are to expect something along these lines"ohh, there she was amidst the flower field she gazed upon the sun with a bright look on her face. I stood there buried and wondered how could i make her be even more happier and more beautiful then she is now.

But on my suprise she sudenly approched me and said to me. -Why the gloomy face on such a lovely day. When talked to her my worries she responded cheerfully. -I wish i could just stay forever in this flower field and gaze upon the sun just like the sunflower.

My heart started racing, yes this must be it i can make her wish come true, now she is more beatuful and certainly more happier.

This episode realy felt like some one gave right of the head storyline without any sort of qc and just ran with it.
Jul 9, 2015 2:52 PM

Feb 2010
Stark700 said:

This scene almost made me drop the anime, it was so fucking terrible. Also the teacher jumping thing was terrible as well. Fuck comedy.

It was alright outside of that.
Jul 9, 2015 2:53 PM

Apr 2013
This episode felt contrived. I feel like we're missing some steps.

Welp, didn't take long for me to get disappointed. So much for a potential good horror, or even mystery this season.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

146 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 11:47 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

70 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:45 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Takuan_Soho - Jul 30, 2015

235 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:35 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

137 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:06 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2015

206 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 6:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.