Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 26, 2015 8:05 PM

Feb 2012
Loved it. Happy ending the way it should be! Seeing Mo-tan topped off the ep!

9/10
Jun 28, 2015 1:25 AM
Oct 2014
DMind said:
I'm happy with the ending and conclusion and how they explained Nya-tan and Chu-tan's past :)

I never thought I'd see Chu-tan act so dere (so she has a cute adorable side to her XD), immediately I thought "it feels kinda out of character for her" and then they admitted it XD

So in the beginning when Nya-tan and Chu-tan were still friends it seems that Chu-tan was building up a lot of pressure and negative emotions but kept it deep inside and only Nya-tan started to notice. So Nya-tan decides to travel around the world solving problems before they even began (she killed a dragon serpent and a chimera...) hoping that it might take off some of the pressure from Chu-tan which kinda worked but Chu-tan was lonely without Nya-tan so she still wasn't getting better. In the end Nya-tan decides to save Chu-tan by perfecting Etotama Kagura Senguu and using it to destroy Chu-tan's etotama? (so basically kill her before she loses control) Which is why Chu-tan felt betrayed, however now it seems she found another way to save her by purifying it and without destroying it.

The fight in the beginning was intense and epic, easily one of the best battles in the entire show, though I felt like it kinda jumped into the middle of the battle (with no intro) but still it was enjoyable and I honestly have never seen CG used in anime in such a way as this (so props to them for that).

Also did that last scene after the credits hinted on a continuation to the story? :O It might be awhile if they do plan to make a season 2 but something tells me there likely won't be a season 2 considering how this anime did in this anime season (seriously this show is really underrated).

Overall I give it an 8/10, was sitting on a 7.5/10 for a while but after some consideration and with how they handled the final episode I feel it deserves an 8 :P

I get what you are saying regarding Chuu-tan's past about going beserk, but that leaves me a little confuse on something. In the episode, they said that Chu-tan was genuine to a fault (somehow meaning Chuu-tan went as far as accepting her negativity), and that to serve as a example to the others she remained a strong and unyielding leader. The anime said that those two things was what caused her to "not escape the evil within her, and be trapped, not unable to move". I couldn't exactly get that. Can anyone explain?

Basically (in better detail):
I sort of get how being strong and unyielding can build stress and that Nyaa-tan was trying to help but it only made it worse (going around the world to help Chuu-tan, but it made Chuu-tan lonely).

However, genuine to fault means always being honest, sincere, open/communicative, and true to what you believe to point that your being insensitive to others because of it. Yet, Chuu-tan wasn't like insensitive to others (listening to others probs and such). Nyaa-tan said that by being upfront and direct Chuu-tan accepted the negativity that pile within her (which I don't get).

How can both of those factors (unyielding leadership and genuine to a fault) combine lead to accepting negative emotions and having them piled up? (connection to the question I said earlier)
Jun 28, 2015 9:13 AM

Nov 2011
you know what
fuck THAT ending

the show was self-aware, but that excuse won't save such a crappily chosen ending

FUCK THAT SHIT

all of a sudden, the story continues and becomes pure drama

FUCK THAT SHIT

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
Jun 28, 2015 9:25 AM

May 2013
zetsu_shoren said:
you know what
fuck THAT ending

the show was self-aware, but that excuse won't save such a crappily chosen ending

FUCK THAT SHIT

all of a sudden, the story continues and becomes pure drama

FUCK THAT SHIT

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
..........................'...../
..........''............. _.·´
..........................(

Holy carp, you're so rude.. :o

What did you expect from this comedy-centric anime?

EDIT: Okay I'm stunned.
I just saw your list... and the notes you give to animes.
Especially slice of life.
Why the hell are you looking then rating at categories of animes that you don't like?
Do you really watch these animes?
DlynKJun 28, 2015 10:03 AM
Jun 28, 2015 12:31 PM

Jul 2014
DlynK said:
zetsu_shoren said:

Holy carp, you're so rude.. :o

What did you expect from this comedy-centric anime?

EDIT: Okay I'm stunned.
I just saw your list... and the notes you give to animes.
Especially slice of life.
Why the hell are you looking then rating at categories of animes that you don't like?
Do you really watch these animes?

lol Dude's got some serious rage issues.
Jun 28, 2015 6:08 PM

Apr 2012
the CGI quality still awesome until end.

that was fun journey 7.5/10.

Jun 28, 2015 8:07 PM

Mar 2014
bkim999 said:
I get what you are saying regarding Chuu-tan's past about going beserk, but that leaves me a little confuse on something. In the episode, they said that Chu-tan was genuine to a fault (somehow meaning Chuu-tan went as far as accepting her negativity), and that to serve as a example to the others she remained a strong and unyielding leader. The anime said that those two things was what caused her to "not escape the evil within her, and be trapped, not unable to move". I couldn't exactly get that. Can anyone explain?

I sort of get how being strong and unyielding can build stress and that Nyaa-tan was trying to help but it only made it worse (going around the world to help Chuu-tan, but it made Chuu-tan lonely).

However, genuine to fault means always being honest, sincere, open/communicative, and true to what you believe to point that your being insensitive to others because of it. Yet, Chuu-tan wasn't like insensitive to others (listening to others probs and such). Nyaa-tan said that by being upfront and direct Chuu-tan accepted the negativity that pile within her (which I don't get).

How can both of those factors (unyielding leadership and genuine to a fault) combine lead to accepting negative emotions and having them piled up? (connection to the question I said earlier)

I get what you're saying as well and I think this is the case: Chu-tan was genuine to a fault, she was completely honest about her feelings and won't throw away even the negative emotions and accepted them fully.

I think this was when perhaps even before she became an Eto-shin or at least when she's still new to it, it was the time during the flashback with Shaa-tan when Chu-tan was in a miko outfit (or something like a miko outfit) and she was crying to Shaa-tan saying she's weak but Shaa-tan told her that she wasn't and that her honest heart was her best feature as well as her biggest weakness.

It was after that, that Chu-tan started acting as a strong and unyielding leader. She became someone she's not for the sake of everyone else and for the peace and balance of the nation. However she was still genuine to a fault which was why the pressure and negative emotions that she still remained true to but hid away was building up within her causing her Sol/Lull to slowly become unstable.

Which made what Takeru said at the end that is supposed to be like the 'moral of the story' about "going out of character" more sense. Basically sometimes we just gotta let it all out and be true to ourselves, Chu-tan got too serious and kept it all in which resulted in this whole mess.

The ending of the show basically ended with everyone being like "you're not alone anymore" and "we will work together to bring peace and balance to the nation" unlike before when they kept piling the responsibility and work mostly to Chu-tan.

Hmm honestly I never thought about that and now I think I might give it an 8.5 cause of this :P
DMindJun 28, 2015 8:26 PM
Jun 29, 2015 11:05 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A really satisfying ending to an entertaining series. Glad Chu-Tan is back to her normal self.

As for the series itself, I really enjoyed this one. Loved the comedy, characters, and the slick CGI. I actually hope this gets a second season, I'd very much like to see more, if there is any more story.

I'll miss waiting every week for a new episode to come out. I'll give this an 8/10 because it really went beyond my expectations.

Chu-tan best girl!
Jun 29, 2015 6:18 PM
Oct 2014
DMind said:
bkim999 said:

I get what you're saying as well and I think this is the case: Chu-tan was genuine to a fault, she was completely honest about her feelings and won't throw away even the negative emotions and accepted them fully.

I think this was when perhaps even before she became an Eto-shin or at least when she's still new to it, it was the time during the flashback with Shaa-tan when Chu-tan was in a miko outfit (or something like a miko outfit) and she was crying to Shaa-tan saying she's weak but Shaa-tan told her that she wasn't and that her honest heart was her best feature as well as her biggest weakness.

It was after that, that Chu-tan started acting as a strong and unyielding leader. She became someone she's not for the sake of everyone else and for the peace and balance of the nation. However she was still genuine to a fault which was why the pressure and negative emotions that she still remained true to but hid away was building up within her causing her Sol/Lull to slowly become unstable.

Which made what Takeru said at the end that is supposed to be like the 'moral of the story' about "going out of character" more sense. Basically sometimes we just gotta let it all out and be true to ourselves, Chu-tan got too serious and kept it all in which resulted in this whole mess.

The ending of the show basically ended with everyone being like "you're not alone anymore" and "we will work together to bring peace and balance to the nation" unlike before when they kept piling the responsibility and work mostly to Chu-tan.

Hmm honestly I never thought about that and now I think I might give it an 8.5 cause of this :P

That does make more sense. When Chuu-tan was longer becoming the honest person she is because of her duty, it caused the stress and negative emotions that came with it to build within her.

Now one last minor thing (something I sort of mention in my first comment). At the beginning of the battle Nyaa-tan said this to Chuu-tan.

"You're more direct and upfront than anyone. You won't even throw away the negative emotios that keep piling up in you"

and you said,

"she was completely honest about her feelings and won't throw away even the negative emotions and accepted them fully. "

How does being always being honest with your feelings involve accepting the negative emotions that the emotions pile up within you. How does that work? Wouldn't being honest or "genuine to a fault" mean that you are letting out what you feel, making those emotions "not" piling them up. In other words, the two sentences contradict one another.
Jul 4, 2015 7:50 AM

Dec 2012
Nice finale, Chu-tan is so funny. The story between us was a bit more complicated, the comedy is here and the fights are amazing. Good show
Jul 4, 2015 1:05 PM

Oct 2014
Overall i Thought this show was okay, not more but not less either. Felt bland with some episodes sticking out whilst other were just boring.

The finale was very good though, the action scenes were put together very nicely.

Overall vote is 5/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2015 6:05 PM

May 2012
A quite average ending, but at least everything ending somewhat nice. The halfassed CGI still bothers me even though the chibi style is quite cute, the art in general was also okay but the story and main plot was quite lacking so all in all it was an okay anime.
Jul 10, 2015 5:09 AM

Oct 2012
episode was exactly as i said in previous episode comments ... to predictable
Really enjoyed the overall of the Anime but the last 3 episodes let it down in my opinion.

Jul 12, 2015 4:50 AM

Jun 2009
It was okay. 6/10
Jul 12, 2015 6:02 PM

May 2015
Season was fun to follow and kept me laughing at the stupid jokes thrown out. I mean, the show never took itself too seriously so your allowed mindlesd fun. The CG battles were also well done and looked nice.
Jul 13, 2015 2:47 PM

Apr 2014
Such a moe anime will not make its viewers go rage at the end.
So they have to bring back Moo-tan...and wow Chuu-tan is good looking in white.
Those battle is epic...very well play.
Love Shima-tan the most out of them.
8/10
Jul 17, 2015 4:40 AM

Jan 2011
I saw that ending from a mile away.
Jul 23, 2015 7:30 AM
Jul 2008
best scene, great for wallpaper
http://i.imgur.com/PUdVHug.jpg
Jul 30, 2015 6:36 PM

Jun 2014
I... I really didn't Think I would enjoy this show so much in the end! The last fight scene was awesome, Chuu-tan realizing the truth and being honest about what happened was nice to see.

And after all that, Nyan-tan is denied her place in the Zodiac.

"THIS ISN'T ALRIGHT AT ALL!" I had to laugh out loud at that a bit. This series would have been a 5/10 for me, but the last 3 episodes pulled it up to a 7/10.

I would very much watch a season 2.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Aug 3, 2015 11:14 AM
Mar 2012
Started this expecting to drop in first 3 episodes, as earlier on some comedy was weird/flat and Nyan-tan was very annoying. It's afterwards that comedy hit its stride, & fit well with the plot, the race, training arc, Des Des repeated deaths, & Hebi's 4th wall breaking - the best recap episode ever. Nyan-tan character "growth" (more like out of character & regression) became more enjoyable. It had some of the best combat and gorgeous CG sceneries.
Full circle comedic ending was very appropriate, as Nyan-tan's nature is to roam free. Although it's a wonder why she want to enter the zodiac after losing her memories.
Aug 12, 2015 8:40 AM

May 2008
The show was not bad and quite enjoyable. What makes this show really outstanding was the CG! It blended so well with the animation style which I rarely see this on other anime. Thumbs up for the CG team for the beautiful 3D animation!
Nov 10, 2015 11:04 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty boring to be honest.
Nov 15, 2015 9:56 PM

Jun 2011
A real pleasant surprise for me as I wasn't expecting to enjoy this series this much. The individual episodes that gave focus to one or two of the Eto-Shin make them even more lovable than annoying, which is not a feat just about any anime could do. The occasional 4th wall breaking is plenty amusing. The battle choreography and the use of CGI are pretty good too. I would love to have a second season but I think this anime flopped in sales. ): Real shame.

Also, it seems to me that a lot of people misunderstood what this anime is trying to be, as could be seen in the episode discussion threads.

DesuTronic said:
Everyone is giving "extra points" for enjoyment. Isn't watching anime supposed to be all about enjoyment? Or is everyone watching anime for something else?
I have the same thought. A lot of people wouldn't give short anime series (3-12 min) a 10, same goes for comedy, slice of life, parody, plot-less series, etc.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 29, 2015 1:57 PM

Feb 2015
Overall Fun ride :D
It was an enjoyable show tbh. i like the jokes and the story. well, it was predictable but still enjoyable and entertaining show. so i give it 9/10 because of the action and enjoyment. i was planning to give it 8/10 from the beginning but the action looked cool so +1. well, i still giving it 9/10 even the action was bad though, just because of the enjoyment. tbh, i enjoy it a lot.
YizelTroDec 29, 2015 2:01 PM
Apr 18, 2016 1:11 PM
May 2013
This was kinda weird but it didn't made the anime less enjoyable ,well not too much.
The CGI was so good ( that's the reason I've picked this) , the cards were also good .
Mar 7, 2018 1:10 AM

Jan 2012
You know, if I were Nya-tan I'd be really fucking pissed at getting scummed out of being a member of the zodiac on a technicality. To the extent that I'd probably never speak to any of them again. I get this series isn't supposed to be taken even remotely that seriously but still, that kinda annoyed me. XD That aside this was a perfectly serviceable 6 out of 10 series. It was a very silly one, with plenty of fourth wall breaking meta jokes like uncensoring for Blu-Ray releases and the characters constantly referring to previous episodes. Most episodes were of the turn your brain off mindless fun variety. And then when things attempted to really get serious at the end there with episodes 10 - 12 it worked better than it had any right to really, that whole scummed out of the zodiac thing aside. The same could probably be said for the chibi cg battles, which came across as ridiculous to me at first, but to the show's credit I got used to them and really enjoyed them by the end. I also liked that there was a nice variety of contests for Nya-tan to get the various zodiac medal thingies. A race, a game of shogi, kick the can, etc...it wasn't all just fighting. And when it was fighting it was pretty cool. Even Takeru, who I felt multiple times probably didn't really need to exist for the story to work, felt like a solid addition to the cast in retrospect. So yeah, not bad really. If the alleged season 2 turns out to be legit I'll probably check it out. I'd definitely be interested in seeing where they could possibly take the story. Maybe Nya-tan could even become a member of the zodiac by the end of it.
Jun 5, 2019 1:32 PM

Apr 2013
I don't get it, why can't Nya-tan just have Moo-tan's place in the zodiac? She doesn't look like she can protect a province like that, but I guess they just wanted a goofy ending for Nya-tan.

Overall a pretty meh show, but not especially bad either. 5/10
Jan 11, 2020 7:10 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Story was really average but characters were lovely so it was a fine show ! I'm looking forward to the second season especially for more Nyaa-tan !
Feb 17, 7:10 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well looks like there's a revoke on my 60 years prior writing from before episode. Nya-tan already found a way to stop Chu-tan etotama changes. But unable to finish the job cause she used one hand xd. Lucky for Nya-tan she manage to use her second hand, touched Chu-tan etotama completely and cleanse it well. The end. Job is done. Nya-tan no need to join zodiac anymore because Moo-tan dead once again only a gimmick. Fuckin prank.

Happy end? Pretty cool. But i don't like the mc doing nothing but still makes such a cool remark because of its him, Shimono Hiro behind those megane.

All in all, i need to revoke my previous remark. I'll put this on fine list, because its just a fine.

Etotama, finish....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Etotama Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

30 by badabass »»
Feb 17, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Etotama Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2015

53 by badabass »»
Feb 17, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Etotama Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2015

39 by badabass »»
Feb 17, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Etotama Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 28, 2015

40 by badabass »»
Feb 17, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Etotama Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

43 by badabass »»
Feb 17, 4:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.