Forum Settings
Forums

Naruto Gaiden: Nanadaime Hokage to Akairo no Hanatsuzuki Manga Confirmed To Be 1 Volume Long

New
Jun 14, 2015 10:42 PM
Jun 15, 2015 1:06 AM

Jan 2009
1 volume of manga averages 8-10 weekly manga chapters only

lol so this will end soon eh
Jun 15, 2015 4:36 AM

May 2009
Joke's on us, the volume will have 50 chapters in total.
Jun 15, 2015 4:50 AM

Mar 2012
As if that's not obvious.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 15, 2015 4:55 AM

Dec 2012
noooo :(

I'm really enjoying it so far. Though it got me excited for Boruto movie, so at least there is that.
Jun 15, 2015 11:54 AM

Jul 2012
I was expecting something like this to happen since it seemed impossible to answer everything properly in 3 "remaining" chapters.
Jun 15, 2015 5:43 PM

Sep 2013
Aw man, we knew this would be short, but seeing confirmation is so sad.
Jun 15, 2015 5:45 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I don't really mind but it is kind of sad to see that it will end soon
Jun 15, 2015 5:52 PM
Apr 2015
I had the feeling about this. It doesn't surprise me that its ending on August 4th and Boruto is August 7th. It was a nice way to fill the gap between the end of the manga and the start of the movie. Im sure the subbed Naruto Shippuden will end when the Boruto movie is released on DVD/Blu-ray
Jun 15, 2015 6:18 PM

Dec 2013
Already knew about this and I don't mind it being so short. It's pretty bad so far.
Jun 17, 2015 2:02 AM

Jul 2012
Oh wait i tought this news meant its gonna be longer than 10 chapters :D
Jun 17, 2015 2:04 AM

Nov 2013
Oh yes yes yes yes. I don't know why but I'm so happy it's going to be short.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jun 17, 2015 2:23 AM

Mar 2014
Good news. I'd rather not see Kishi humiliate himself for so long.
Jun 17, 2015 6:42 AM
Oct 2013
ziggy_Z said:

How does he humiliate himself if he get´s millions of readers?

Only cause you don´t like the ending doesn´t mean milion others dislike it or the miniseries. But yeah, it was obvious that it was to be short.

There were 3 burning questions when Naruto ended and those are getting answered or are already answered.

What happened to Orochimaru?

What happened to Taka?

What´s the deal with Kaguya´s army.

We got 1 and 2 answered in the Gaiden Kaguya´s army will be solved in the Movie.
Jun 17, 2015 11:52 PM

Mar 2014
Isterio said:
ziggy_Z said:

How does he humiliate himself if he get´s millions of readers?

By continuously displaying his decline in writing...
Jun 18, 2015 12:13 AM
Oct 2013
ziggy_Z said:

By continuously displaying his decline in writing...[/quote]

That´s just your lone opinion which you share with some dickheads.
The writing never changed much although I think that it peaked during the Pain Saga.
Everything around that was nearly perfect in my book. Yet again just my opinion. Kakashi fans probably liked the War arc way more and although you´re gonna deny it there are many Obito fans out there and even more Madara fans for which somewhere along their stories the writing peaked.
Jun 18, 2015 12:44 AM

Mar 2014
Isterio said:
ziggy_Z said:
By continuously displaying his decline in writing...

The writing never changed much although I think that it peaked during the Pain Saga.
Everything around that was nearly perfect in my book. Yet again just my opinion. Kakashi fans probably liked the War arc way more and although you´re gonna deny it there are many Obito fans out there and even more Madara fans for which somewhere along their stories the writing peaked.
Verily, the term "objectivity" is as foreign to you as Pluto is to Earth.
Jun 18, 2015 4:05 AM
Oct 2013
ziggy_Z said:
Isterio said:

You talk about objectivity when you point out opinions.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
NTADJun 18, 2015 3:12 PM
Jun 18, 2015 5:42 AM

Mar 2014
Isterio said:
ziggy_Z said:

You talk about objectivity when you point out opinions.

Keep telling yourself that; it's plain as day to anyone w/o partiality that Kishi's quality in writing as been on the decline since the beginning of this decade.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post. Removed baiting.
NTADJun 18, 2015 3:13 PM
Jun 18, 2015 1:05 PM

Mar 2014
Still haven't read chapter 8, but this seems too rushed to me. I wonder how it will play out since it will probably end soon. I wanted Kishimoto to make up for cutting Naruto short by presenting other characters and cases that weren't exactly settled in the original series along with the relationships. Despite being disappointed of that I am not sad about it since I found the mini series average.
Maybe there will be something else, maybe not. I would rather read nothing else in the future if it declines in quality and just presents new villains.
Jun 18, 2015 3:14 PM

Feb 2013
Thread Cleaned

Lose the bait. Keep it civil.
Jun 18, 2015 4:34 PM

May 2010
I hoped for 3~5 volumes, this story is much better than everything after Pain arc anyway. Reminds me of good old days when I was still a kid and watched arcs like the one with Haku or about the Chuunin exam... I thought it would be something a lot worse than that, honestly.
Jun 18, 2015 7:21 PM

Jun 2014
Seeing as how there are only a few chapters left, it'll be interesting to see how the remainder of this story plays out. Also, I have a feeling that when Studio Pierrot inevitably animates this, they'll find a way to extend this as much as possible lol
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 19, 2015 3:01 AM

Dec 2012
Hadske said:
Great news , I think he should work on a new big manga let naruto rest now.

NO!! :(
Jun 19, 2015 4:38 AM
Oct 2013
Hadske said:

To be honest he should do a Toriyama and throw out occasional oneshots and call it a day.

The world doesn´t need another Togashi. Mangaka similar to soccer players have a very low expiration rate

After 15 years it´s hard to write a new exciting story, people will always compare it to the older series, or expect similarities. I don´t want Oda either to write a new series. After 20+ years of writing anyone would be burned out. The new manga will not have the same "magic", it´ll just dilute their reputation and legacy.
Jun 19, 2015 4:41 PM

Jul 2010
Hadske said:

Agreed.
Jun 19, 2015 4:43 PM

Jan 2009
Hadske said:

i agree time for Kishimoto to make another big hit manga
Jun 19, 2015 4:54 PM

Mar 2015
Only one volume? That's like 3-4 episodes right? Damn... Studio Pierrot is gonna make a filler out of that 1 volume.

Jun 20, 2015 2:47 AM
Oct 2013
Hadske said:
Isterio said:

To be honest he should do a Toriyama and throw out occasional oneshots and call it a day.

The world doesn´t need another Togashi. Mangaka similar to soccer players have a very low expiration rate

After 15 years it´s hard to write a new exciting story, people will always compare it to the older series, or expect similarities. I don´t want Oda either to write a new series. After 20+ years of writing anyone would be burned out. The new manga will not have the same "magic", it´ll just dilute their reputation and legacy.

Togashi and Rumiko are one of few who can knock out mangas after mangas that actually have quality storylines . Kisihimoto can do just like they did .

Like I mentioned, the world doesn´t need another Togashi.
If Kishi or Oda are gonna continue different works I want them to dish their shit out on a regular basis. Even monthy I wouldn´t mind it, but we don´t need a HiatusxHiatus a la Kishi.

I haven´t read any of Togashi´s works so I´m not gonna judge the quality of his writing.

As for Rumiko, she used to be my favorite Mangaka. I loved the shit out of Ranma 1/2, although episodic in nature this Manga is till today Comedy gold and I recommend it to everyone.

But Inuyasha was just meh. On a surface level it seems really interesting, premise and artstyle are certainly good, but it reaches the point where you just don´t give a fuck anymore, because it feels poorly planned. There are no plottwists that´ll surprise the reader besides the endgame and the chapters become forgettable villain of the week introductions just to beat them and get it over with, but you should know that.

Furthermore it´s more repetetive than One Piece shoves every main character besides the main couple more to the sidelines than Naruto and every fight becomes a Fairy Tail oneshot fest after Inuyasha get´s some new Tesaiga power up.

The main threat imo lies in the character designs, where the author seems to reuse the favorite character designs infinetely. I´ve noticed that "disease" with Hiro Mashima and Fairy Tail, Togashis similarities between Gon and Yusuke as for Rumiko.

I haven´t read that manga, maybe it´s better than Ranma I´ll try it out someday.

But look at the character designs, I see at least Ranma and Shampoo in them

I´m just saying there are alot of traps for the author.

IsterioJun 20, 2015 3:43 AM
Jun 20, 2015 3:02 PM

Mar 2015
Thank god it won't be long.
Jun 20, 2015 3:15 PM

Dec 2012
Hadske said:

tsudecimo said:
NO!! :(

I know I thought the same but good things come to an end . He's done enough and really gave alot of fans what they wanted .

I think it should be his legacy. Well, I got a feeling he won't start a new work, mostly because being a weekly serialized mangaka for 15 years, must have been taxing. Maybe a work in monthly jump, that should be ideal for him.
Jun 21, 2015 2:50 AM
Oct 2013
Hadske said:

On topic though I wouldn't think Kishimoto would pull a Togashi hiatus . When has Naruto really been on hiatus ? The longest would be 2-3 weeks at most ? I believe if he makes a new manga he will be commited just like Naruto just as Mashima did with Rave Master and Fairy Tail

The difference with Mashima is the age. Kishi is 40 now and Mashima is 38. Naruto has a longer run than Rave and Fairy Tail combined.

I am sure that Kishi can write another outstanding story, but look at other Mangaka who surpassed the 40´s like Kentarou Miura.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Gaiden: Nanadaime Hokage to Akairo no Hanatsuzuki Chapter 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2015

201 by tcandy19 »»
Jan 10, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Naruto Gaiden: Nanadaime Hokage to Akairo no Hanatsuzuki Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nuvi - Apr 22, 2015

307 by KaiserVonGogureo »»
Aug 19, 2022 1:43 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Road to "B" Chapter 1 Discussion

AllenVonStein - Aug 30, 2015

4 by Fallazar »»
Aug 20, 2021 5:01 PM

» It's really sad that most people hate Sakura...

Kleferi - Jul 6, 2015

35 by AbiSa »»
Mar 29, 2021 11:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto Gaiden: Nanadaime Hokage to Akairo no Hanatsuzuki Chapter 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2015

119 by Terrestrious »»
Mar 3, 2019 11:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.