Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 12, 2015 2:32 PM

Feb 2015

And the harem grows. Ais getting a little jealous.

Tomato boy.

O, Hestia! Such grace! Such beauty!

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2015 2:33 PM

Apr 2013
Farabeuf said:
IceTaKu said:
my exact thoughts upon seeing Goliath: "EREN FUCKING YEAGER?!"

Same here. Giants will never be the same for me.

It seems that Bell is finally doing what it says he would in the title of the show. I bet those sisters will join the harem too.

Like I said. They are mostly interested in his stats after they saw them at the end of the fight with the minotaur AND while Tiona doesn't have a love target now, Tione has been in love with Finne (that loki familia leader that talked to Bell during this episode) for a long time. So no, she's not joining the harem.
As for Tiona joining, well, if an amazoness becomes serious about a man, she usually pretty much rapes him right away (except if the guy is okay with it from the start, obviously) it seems, so lets hope for Bell that Tiona will never becomes serious about him :p (it seems that those two sisters are more "calm" on that point than other amazoness, the older sister is especially doing great efforts to remain calm and composed but still, not a very good idea)
Jun 12, 2015 2:37 PM

Mar 2015
Well I'm glad the story didn't make Bell weirdly OP by battling the Goliath. As much as I want to see more awesome Bell moments, I don't want it to be forced like Naruto or Luffy's "protecting my nakama" then got ridiculously stronger.

Overall I love this episode. By this point, I can see that Aiz will always save or found Bell no matter where he is. Bell's harem increased by 2. I also love how those 2 new girls asked questions on Bell about S-rank technique, and Aiz eavesdropping lol!

I also like how Lili don't give in to Hestia so easily by ruining the reunion lol. If that was that easy, it wouldn't be fun. Also I like how by the end Aiz indirectly asked Bell on a date with Hestia eavesdropping and then followed by Lili's statement lol! Gotta love the harem interaction.

Aiz is raising points from me... Lili vs Hestia is also nice. Now it's only 2 more episodes, I hope they don't rush it.

Jun 12, 2015 2:54 PM

May 2013
Soo... am I the only one who still wants to punch Bell into the face every episode? :/

Other than that the episode was okay, I guess.
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Jun 12, 2015 2:54 PM

Mar 2014
Decent episode..Glad that Bell did the smart thing and ran away from that Goliath. Aiz still bland and boring it also doesn't help when Bell becomes a cringeworthy idiot around her..
Jun 12, 2015 3:02 PM
May 2015
This episode started off well and went to shit. Like I swear I thought I clicked on another anime

Why not focus on world building and development? Seriously just have the focus on Bell/Welf/Lili? Why not put more focus on Hestia and the rest of the gods as to how they got to where they are or give up more lore? Leave out unnecessary romance and characters(Mainly Aiz Syr and those two idiots thirsty for Bell's manhood this episode)

This anime does more telling and showing.

5/10
Jun 12, 2015 3:06 PM
May 2015
DancingJack said:
Soo... am I the only one who still wants to punch Bell into the face every episode? :/

Other than that the episode was okay, I guess.

The thing is in my view Bell was bad till he became better in the later episodes. It's only when he's around Aiz(terrible character) when he becomes cringeworthy and crappy. Reminds me of Sanji who used to be epic until he became really shitty
Chosen360Jun 12, 2015 3:14 PM
Jun 12, 2015 3:20 PM

Apr 2014
Hm, nothing important happen here...just that Bell group make it to the 18th floor.
So there is also a town in the 18th floor as well, this is surprising.
Aw, Hestia's crying face...and she is just way to damn cute.
So Ais getting close to Bell just so she can learn of how he gets those S rank ability?...
Either way Hestia and Lili fighting over Bell...Loli War!
Jun 12, 2015 3:24 PM

Mar 2014
Bell made me unintentionally laugh

"If your lives were on the line I would've done the same"

Lmfao! Yea!
TheGrandSage23Jun 12, 2015 3:43 PM
Jun 12, 2015 3:26 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
The Goliath sure as hell had Titan written all over it but ok :s

And the 18th floor reminded me of Alfheim Online a lot with how it looked somehow

Some pretty cute cat fighting at the end as well~
Jun 12, 2015 4:01 PM

Apr 2013
Trentor11 said:
This episode started off well and went to shit. Like I swear I thought I clicked on another anime

1)Why not focus on world building and development?
2)Seriously just have the focus on Bell/Welf/Lili?
3)Why not put more focus on Hestia and the rest of the gods as to how they got to where they are or give up more lore? Leave out unnecessary romance and characters
4)(Mainly Aiz Syr and those two idiots thirsty for Bell's manhood this episode)

This anime does more telling and showing.

5/10

1) Read the LN is the onl ything I can tell you for this one. They left everything about this point since the start, they aren't going to start now to care about the world building info from the LN in the two remaining episodes ....
2) That would have been a possibility, except the two were unconscious for a good part of this episode technically, so hardly a possibility in that precise time. Otherwise, I would have agreed.
3) Ryu and Asufi trashed every monster in the way and run quickly when facing goliath. The end. There is really nothing more to say about it. Ryu Lion alone could have taken care of those level 2 monsters with no problem. With Asufi as a rear guard, the two level 2 from Take familia didn't even have to lift a finger. Except if you were asking for informations about the circumstances for Gods to come on Earth and so on. If that the case, see answer 1).
4) I already said it several times in that thread, how about reading it. Tiona and Tione are after the secret behind Bell's S stats because they saw his stats at the end of the minotaur fight. They AREN'T after Bell for love reason. Hell, as I said before, Tione is in love with Finne... Also, Ais is Bel's objective and love target, how about not saying she's not an important character :/.
ZefyrisJun 12, 2015 4:05 PM
Jun 12, 2015 4:20 PM

Mar 2014
So the answer is this adaptation is another miss. This is getting annoying. If the LNs are providing this as you say then this can be added to the numerous anime that have yet to follow the source material making some of episodes rushed and quick to transition.

they are doing this for money yet the anime isn't well known(even with Hestia) and most people are going to see it as an SAO clone and be turned away. So I don't see a season 2 happening any time soon. But I've been wrong before

I'm seeing this as a waste of money. The same with Tokyo Ghoul and Terra Formars. Still wondering why only 13 episodes? A tease to see how well it would do?
TheGrandSage23Jun 12, 2015 4:24 PM
Jun 12, 2015 4:20 PM

Jun 2013

Titan in the wall how meta.

My comment about titans in the wall is meta.

Everything is meta.

This is so meta.
Jun 12, 2015 4:28 PM

Nov 2014
Aiz is always saving him uhuh
Hi there
Jun 12, 2015 4:36 PM

Jan 2015
DarklordVor said:
Well I'm glad the story didn't make Bell weirdly OP by battling the Goliath. As much as I want to see more awesome Bell moments, I don't want it to be forced like Naruto or Luffy's "protecting my nakama" then got ridiculously stronger.

Overall I love this episode. By this point, I can see that Aiz will always save or found Bell no matter where he is. Bell's harem increased by 2. I also love how those 2 new girls asked questions on Bell about S-rank technique, and Aiz eavesdropping lol!

I also like how Lili don't give in to Hestia so easily by ruining the reunion lol. If that was that easy, it wouldn't be fun. Also I like how by the end Aiz indirectly asked Bell on a date with Hestia eavesdropping and then followed by Lili's statement lol! Gotta love the harem interaction.

Aiz is raising points from me... Lili vs Hestia is also nice. Now it's only 2 more episodes, I hope they don't rush it.

because he's totally not already weirdly OP, right? right?!?!
Jun 12, 2015 4:42 PM

Dec 2013
Goliath really did look like a Titan lol

Jelly Aiz is best Aiz
Jun 12, 2015 4:52 PM

Feb 2014
I though the 2nd season of SnK only started next year...

Bell gets saved again by Wallenstein. And his harem increased by two. Successful day for Bell if I say so myself.

And looks like Welf is having problems of his own.
Jun 12, 2015 4:58 PM

May 2012
demisex said:
Best anime of the year

god i hope your joking :p

Skullcrusher said:
I wonder if Bell will ever tell Aiz his real feelings XD

but that would require actual plot progression, cant have that now can we?
Jun 12, 2015 5:12 PM

Apr 2014
I didn't like this episode.
So many unnecessary stuff on episode 11 .-.
It's already coming to an end and things are being taken so lightly
Jun 12, 2015 5:40 PM

May 2013
Bell just skips Goliath like a freakin' boss. Ah, Aiz saves him once again.
Meanwhile, no one from the Loki Familia is complaining about Hestia and Hermes?
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 12, 2015 5:50 PM

Dec 2013
-"Run, run, run, run, run..." (the way they made this part... just awesome)
-Welf ate the fruit that bell was giving to lily, kkkkkk. I laughed so hard when she kicked him
-Hestia screaming at the end

I liked this episode a lot

Sadly we gonna have just 2 more episodes .I'm going to start reading the LN hoping for a season 2
Jun 12, 2015 5:59 PM
May 2015
TheGrandSage23 said:
So the answer is this adaptation is another miss. This is getting annoying. If the LNs are providing this as you say then this can be added to the numerous anime that have yet to follow the source material making some of episodes rushed and quick to transition.

they are doing this for money yet the anime isn't well known(even with Hestia) and most people are going to see it as an SAO clone and be turned away. So I don't see a season 2 happening any time soon. But I've been wrong before

I'm seeing this as a waste of money. The same with Tokyo Ghoul and Terra Formars. Still wondering why only 13 episodes? A tease to see how well it would do?

Because:
A) Lore for the most part is negated in pretty much any adaptation from a LN/manga. Viewers don't care for world exposition and most viewers are teenagers (let's face it, teenagers don't care about intricacies such as why X is Y etc).
B) Even if they have enough material for 2 or 3 cours, as a director etc, you need to leave the audience wanting more, if you try to adapt EVERYTHING you run the risk of losing viewers (again because of too much exposition etc), or ending in a bad spot. Personally, I think the minotaur fight or when they get to the middle floors was a great point to end the cour.
Jun 12, 2015 6:22 PM
Sep 2014
OrangeJP said:
Jealous Aiz is Jealous

-snip-

Nope. She's just interested in how he got his stats to rank S.

Still funny how she just casually moved her hair out of the way to eavesdrop when she heard the girls ask him about his stats though.

SovereignSky said:
Personally, I think the minotaur fight or when they get to the middle floors was a great point to end the cour.

Agreed 100%.

It's disgusting how terrible some recent adaptations have been.
fatalysticJun 12, 2015 6:29 PM
Jun 12, 2015 6:54 PM

Apr 2015
Jun 12, 2015 7:13 PM

May 2015
The episode had less action then I expected, liked it overall tho.

Jun 12, 2015 7:30 PM

Aug 2013
Psychoninja said:
OK DID ANYONE ELSE SEE THE MONSTER THING AND GO LIKE: "Oh boy, a titan"

The Goliath... like a titan and a ghoul
My Candies:

Bonus candies:
Jun 12, 2015 8:12 PM
May 2015
Zefyris said:

If they want to leave the whole 13th episode for the final episode, this is going to be rushed again

If I remember correctly what append in the vn, bell was supposed to see Aiz completely nude during her bath.

When i watched the raw...
During the diner, for a couple of second, i wonder if this fruit was the balls's minotor.
Aiz is so horny...
HirokasamaJun 12, 2015 8:35 PM
Jun 12, 2015 8:13 PM

Apr 2014
CliqProfil4Nudes said:
you can count on hestia to be obnoxious and cockblock

I thought this too, I liked her character at first but damn let the guy do his thing.
---------My Profile------------
Jun 12, 2015 8:16 PM

Jun 2014
Not much action in this episode, other than the encounter with the Goliath. Hopefully the action picks up in the next episode
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 12, 2015 8:32 PM

Aug 2013
Harem +2

Titans make a cameo! More seriously, my bet is that Bell is going to end up being in the party that will fight the boss. And it's not a critic, in fact, I do want to see a fight against that thing!

I wonder what's the link between Hephaistos and Welf. Maybe she was his master?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 12, 2015 8:39 PM

Jan 2011
Titan pls you're in the wrong show
Jun 12, 2015 8:57 PM

Dec 2012
DanMachi No Kyojin

Jun 12, 2015 9:05 PM

Jan 2009
minouneetzoe said:
Harem +2

Titans make a cameo! More seriously, my bet is that Bell is going to end up being in the party that will fight the boss. And it's not a critic, in fact, I do want to see a fight against that thing!

Wasn't it mentioned in episode 9 that he was a member of the Hephaestus familia?

Episode was enjoyable, though not what i was expecting.
Jun 12, 2015 9:22 PM

Jul 2012
OrangeJP said:
Jealous Aiz is Jealous

She wasn't actually jealous. She was curious about Bell's secret in attaining high level stats so quickly.
よろしく!
Jun 12, 2015 9:39 PM

Nov 2007
This anime is fun to watch for a rather mediocre show, with mediocre plot, with mediocre characters, and with mediocre dialogues. The only thing I really care about in this anime is Ryu. I think I would have enjoyed this anime if she was one of the main characters.

Hestia's nagging is annoying.
Bell's embarrassing moments are annoying.
Aiz is boring; perhaps her only redeeming feature is her cushions.
Welf is a predictable side kick.
Lili was named with an o replaced by an i, probably as a result of a typo.
Freya laughs like a complete retard.
Hermes tries to act the mysterious guy, even though he is just a Hermes.
Syr and the Hiryute T sisters are just there to make the list longer.
shanimebibJun 12, 2015 9:52 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 12, 2015 9:45 PM

Aug 2013
Another awesome episode!
Jun 12, 2015 9:51 PM

Jun 2008
So, this anime has so far been my favorite this year thanks to the fact that every episode has kept me entertained and I always find it fun to watch, and for the most part I like almost all the characters too...

BUT....this episode was VERY anti-climatic.

I was expecting a LOT more, I really wanted to see Ryu go all out and I thought there was gonna be more action and suspense (although I liked the goliath scene)...

I'm hoping that they are building for a great finale, because the show will feel a bit flat unless they do so.
Jun 12, 2015 9:56 PM

Mar 2015
Great episode, I'm glad things turned out well for them. Woah, that titan caught me off guard there for a second--pretty intense. Seriously, I'm loving the Aiz-Bell moments.

4/5
Jun 12, 2015 10:05 PM

May 2015
Looking forward to seeing how they'll rap up the show. Hope there's a season 2 in the works as well.

Jun 12, 2015 10:21 PM

Oct 2011
Dat Titan

A town on the 18th floor

Bell and Aiz on a date

Welf has a magic weapon?
Jun 12, 2015 10:34 PM

Sep 2013
I wonder if any main character will ever not forgive the people that fucked him over and just kill them or at least walk away when they are apologizing.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Jun 12, 2015 11:57 PM
Apr 2015
kinda bored a bit here. but I still like it.

le wild titan appears

and Hestia being Hestia as usual.
Jun 13, 2015 12:00 AM

Dec 2014
alpha_shadow said:
this episode was sort of flat? idk

edit: hestia saved the day

Hehehehe

XD

Final scene was hilarious.
Jun 13, 2015 12:40 AM
May 2015
Whoa, Bell really got a hard time of getting outta that place, lucky for him he gets Aiz Wallenstine is nearby. Too bad the possibility of a Bell X Aiz arc is bleak when Hestia is around.
Jun 13, 2015 12:42 AM

Apr 2013
Jose07 said:
I wonder if any main character will ever not forgive the people that fucked him over and just kill them or at least walk away when they are apologizing.

Since the beginning, peoples that should have logically been forgiven were forgiven. I would have forgiven the exact same peoples as they did. This means Lili and Take familia.
Bell can definitely be considered a nice guy, however, he didn't make any mistake about who and why he's forgiving. There are authors who make their MC forgive things that should absolutely not be forgiven, but this isn't the case here. Both Lili and the Take familia had 100% valid reasons to act like they did. Ouka is right, if I were him, I wouldn't regret to the slightest what I did too. Wishing to make amend to the others is one thing, but regretting an act of saving your own family that is at your side since you were little? Well, no.

minouneetzoe said:
Harem +2

harem +2-> read the comments before you, it has been said countless time. no, those two aren't a harem+2. Stop seeing any girl closing in around bell as wanting to go in bed with him.
Welf is from Hepahaistios familia, which is one of the main smith familia around (the only other one we see so far is Gobliniu familia (sp?).

Also, just to say, Ais took alone a floor boss on a lower floor than this (this is basically the weakest of them all). With a level 6 and 6 level 5 (who have been level 5 for years too, so stats are high) around, someone as weak as bell isn't needed. Lots of others in the raid are at lest level 3, too.
ZefyrisJun 13, 2015 1:01 AM
Jun 13, 2015 12:45 AM

Jan 2015
Zefyris said:
Jose07 said:

Since the beginning, peoples that should have logically been forgiven were forgiven. I would have forgiven the exact same peoples as they did. This means Lili and Take familia.
Bell can definitely be considered a nice guy, however, he didn't make any mistake about who and why he's forgiving. There are authors who make their MC forgive things that should absolutely not be forgiven, but this isn't the case here. Both Lili and the Take familia had 100% valid reasons to act like they did. Ouka is right, if I were him, I wouldn't regret to the slightest what I did too. Wishing to make amend to the others is one thing, but regretting an act of saving your own family that is at your side since you were little? Well, no.

minouneetzoe said:
Harem +2

harem +2-> read the comments before you, it has been said countless time. no, those two aren't a harem+2. Stop seeing any girl closing in around bell as wanting to go in bed with him.
Welf is from Hepahaiostios familia, which is one of the main simth familia around (the only other one we see so far is Gobliniu familia (sp?).

Also, just to say, Ais took alone a floor boss on a lower floor than this (this is basically the weakest of them all). With a level 6 and 6 level 5 (who have been level 5 for years too, so stats are high) around, someone as weak as bell isn't needed. Lots of others in the raid are at lest level 3, too.

It's actually quite annoying to see how if any girl is somewhat interested/flirtatious with a MC their automatically in the harem. Seems that people have a short term memory that Bell-kun is famous now.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 13, 2015 12:59 AM

Apr 2013
you can count on peoples here to say every times that happen "the MC is popular with girls for no reason" even when there's good reasons for him to be quite popular too.
BEing cute, having an unique hair color and eyes color (if you're blond with green eyes like me and go in Japan-especially in place who only see few strangers usually) for example, you'll see what I mean by this attracting girls when you have eyes and hair not of an usual colour ), being honest and polite, being strong (yeah a level 2 for someone without adventurer status is incredibly strong and fast) being heroic (he saved Lili, beat that Minotaur alone), and being a popular focus (record holder) as well as the object of attention of gods (who becomes interested in anything unusual. Someone who beat the previous record by reaching 10 times faster level 2 than the previous record holder? No way that all the bored gods who always search for distraction by searching for new unexplained things wouldn't be interested....).

But well, yes, they could start by not adding to the harem girls that aren't in it.
Jun 13, 2015 1:00 AM

Dec 2011
Gosh. I love Hestia. Her attachment for Bell. >_<

Asfi and Syr are awesome too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2015 2:11 AM

May 2013
Did we just see a titan? LOL! Some crazy ass sh*t right there.
Jun 13, 2015 2:54 AM

Jan 2014
Lol that scene when he was running from the boss (Titan-sama ^^) was epic! I was screaming all the time xD

Damn its going to end soon, that makes me sad a bit
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

363 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

196 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

208 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

282 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 10, 2015

277 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 11:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.