Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 10, 2015 5:23 PM

Oct 2010
Interview with Kineta

Tell us more about yourself

Give us a brief history of your time on MAL.

How did you become an admin?

What’s your daily life on MAL like as admin?

How do you think the MAL community sees you? How do you feel about that?

What’s the best and worst of holding your position?

Any users you like? Why?

Any users you dislike? Why?

Do you see yourself leaving MAL in the near future? Why?

What were some episodes with users you will never forget?

What have been your favourite MAL events? Why?

Is there a MAL member you would want to take on a date or get to know better? Who and why?

Do you have any special message for the community?

Editor notes:

*This interview was conducted over a one month period, and thus, some dates given will not be timely. The original information has been left per request of the interviewee.

*The interview has been organized with spoiler tags to smoothen reading and scrolling.
DaconatorDec 21, 2015 6:54 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 10, 2015 7:10 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Quite the long read, but it was well worth it. This might as well be the best interview thus far, standing next to Zerg's.

The past talk segment particularly saddened me. I never would've thought Kineta had such a tough life. Really, much respect.

Liked how she approached the questions/issues with sincerity and a bits of humor too, at times. Very much expected from someone like her, but still pleasing to read. This part made me laugh a quite bit:
My skillset now includes a license in sleuthing out info in a language I don't understand, and a degree in reading google translate. I wonder if I can put this on my CV…

Anyways, good luck with your PhD, Kineta. Also, make sure to catch up with "Okobore Hime to Entaku no Kishi" in your free time.

Jun 10, 2015 7:41 PM

Nov 2011
This was really extensive. (~6000 words!) I agree that it was worth the time, though.

I wasn't expecting a past like that. Somehow, knowing about it helps me appreciate Kineta more, I think. It's not pity or even awe... just appreciation/respect.

I don't know if I can pose an additional question, but if I can: What is your PhD in?

Edit: Also, I propose we turn this into a kitten gif thread.

In tribute to all the people Kineta needs to deal with...

And a few others
TripleSRankJun 10, 2015 7:57 PM
Jun 10, 2015 9:30 PM

Jun 2012
You have to wonder how long she sat on this interview.

It was a boring read, but definitely a commendable effort on part of those that choose to dredge themselves all the way through it.
Jun 10, 2015 11:56 PM

Jan 2010
I read it all, and wow, props for going so in-depth with both real life and life on MAL. There really is a history to this site, and seeing it grow, evolve, and change over time is an experience I wish I could have saw, but at least for now, I'm glad to see bit of it through this interview.
Jun 11, 2015 11:14 AM

May 2013
A great person. A perfect waifu material.

Honestly, that revelation was shocking. No wonder you are so patient dealing with problem children here. You've dealt with much worse.

Yabai said:
Any users you dislike? Why?
TallonKarrde23

Fixed.
Jun 12, 2015 4:13 AM

Jun 2014
This gives insight for me.

One down, a couple of others to go and my data would be complete.
Jun 12, 2015 12:38 PM

Oct 2012
I've filed that away under the MellowJello Arc of MAL history, because that fanclub was very much a part of an ongoing trend in those days. It probably started with QueenJenny's fanclub, which prompted Mellow's fanclub, and so on.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jun 16, 2015 11:20 AM

Sep 2011
Long ass read. Kineta, please. Way more in-depth than I thought you'd actually go in, especially RL.
Jun 29, 2015 10:19 PM

Mar 2014
Didn't even notice I read the whole thing until I was on the last sentence lol. Sad you went through such a tough childhood, but glad you were able to overcome it.

Good luck on that thesis btw! Here's some kittens for motivation
Jun 30, 2015 8:49 AM

Nov 2013
I try to dislike behaviours instead of people, partly because this has helped me accept that I can love much of my family while disliking how they act.

That's a really nice thing to take away from this interview.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 3, 2015 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
Definitely my favorite interview so far.
Dec 20, 2015 7:04 PM

Jul 2012
I haven't read it yet, but the BBcode should be fixed.
Feb 16, 2016 4:02 AM

Jan 2009
harsh childhood, but looks like with your intelligence and perseverance you somehow can have a bright future, good luck with your own family @Kineta

Sad said:
I try to dislike behaviours instead of people, partly because this has helped me accept that I can love much of my family while disliking how they act.

That's a really nice thing to take away from this interview.

ye in other words
hate the sin not the sinner
dont hate the player but hate the game

but for me its easier said than done, but to those that can effortless do this or just can do it more often have all my respect and awe
Mar 10, 2023 1:01 AM
Nov 2011
Daconator said:
If we're realistic for a minute, I'm 29 years old and I'd really like to have a family. With a husband, a career, a couple of kids (and hopefully a cat), there's not much time for MAL in there. Obviously these things aren't going to fall from the sky tomorrow, but at some point – likely soon – my life will need to move on.
I assume this nice plan didn't quite work out. For she's almost a decade older now and still here, so maybe she really turned into something like this:
Daconator said:
Unless I become one of those crazy scanlator ladies who are still scanlating manga with infant children…

Yeah, life rarely goes as planned)
Aug 5, 2023 3:36 PM

Aug 2011
I've been very curious about who Kineta is for a while, and after reading this I understand why she's also so amazing at what she does here! I'm not so active in chatting with others on this site but I do like Kineta's consistent presence in updating us with forum posts and announcing new events. I wonder if she gets paid to do all the work she does? Because she 10000% deserves it, MAL wouldn't be the same without her.
desu desu binches
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Nominations V2 ( 1 2 )

Skittles - Nov 21, 2021

64 by Dapper_Dhampir14 »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:01 PM

» Interview #267 - lpf

spaceslut - Mar 28, 2023

1 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Mar 29, 2023 9:30 AM

» Interview #254 - IrrelevantGuy

NextUniverse - Apr 9, 2022

8 by IrrelevantGuy »»
Mar 22, 2023 4:30 AM

» Interview #200 - Shinah

Mimurona - Oct 13, 2019

10 by Shinah »»
Mar 9, 2023 10:19 AM

» Interview #233 - Crow_Black

NextUniverse - Nov 21, 2021

45 by kihel »»
Mar 1, 2023 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.