Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 6, 2015 2:08 PM

Aug 2014
I actually like Unpopular anime because most of them are funny and haves good story and most of people judge them by the cover.(after top 400 and stop beign fucking annoying im talking about anime with the almost same story and art and not beign popular or unpopular i just want to hear opinions.) thanks.

*STOP HATIN' EACH OTHER*
Axel_UJun 6, 2015 8:09 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 6, 2015 2:09 PM

Feb 2013
the best place is somewhere in between

all your favourites are in top 300 popularity tho
Jun 6, 2015 2:09 PM

Nov 2012
Say what?
Jun 6, 2015 2:13 PM

Aug 2014
romagia said:
the best place is somewhere in between

all your favourites are in top 300 popularity tho

well i dont disagree i mean anime like: Sekirei...Gokukoku no Brynhildr and etc.my favorites have nothing to do with this.btw im lazy enough to change my favorite list.
Jun 6, 2015 2:15 PM
Jul 2018
I don't really care if something is popular or unpopular. I just watch what I want to watch.
Jun 6, 2015 2:15 PM

Jul 2013
An example is of a unpopular anime: White Album 2 while a popular version is: Your Lies in April. In short, sometimes unpopular is better than popular depending on the anime series of course.
Renaultclio101Jun 6, 2015 2:19 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2015 2:16 PM

Aug 2014
glassthroat said:
unpopular doesnt mean it will have agodo story what the fudk + barely even have evne one of threm on your list

well you dont undestand mate.I mean i dont compare something but im thinking why some unpopular which are masterpiece are not known enough to talk about with someone.
Jun 6, 2015 2:18 PM

Feb 2013
Panda-Eyes said:
glassthroat said:
unpopular doesnt mean it will have agodo story what the fudk + barely even have evne one of threm on your list

well you dont undestand mate.I mean i dont compare something but im thinking why some unpopular which are masterpiece are not known enough to talk about with someone.
yeah well... you still barely even have evne one of threm on your list
Jun 6, 2015 2:20 PM

Apr 2014
look at my fav anime

thats ur answer
Jun 6, 2015 2:23 PM

Aug 2014
romagia said:
Panda-Eyes said:

i dont update my list till completing 10-set x12 episodes.
Jun 6, 2015 2:25 PM

Feb 2013
Panda-Eyes said:
romagia said:
yeh no
i bet you cant come back wiht actualy unpopular anime
Jun 6, 2015 2:26 PM
Mar 2013
popularity has nothing to do with quality
Jun 6, 2015 2:26 PM
Jul 2018
Panda-Eyes said:
romagia said:

Genuine question then: what do you have that you would consider unpopular?
Jun 6, 2015 2:27 PM

Apr 2014
I like what I like, it being popular/unpopular doesn't matter whatsoever.
Jun 6, 2015 2:34 PM

Oct 2013
Panda-Eyes said:
glassthroat said:

Because maybe that series doesn't have a wide appeal to become popular? Maybe it was just unlucky.
Jun 6, 2015 2:37 PM

Aug 2014
keragamming said:
Panda-Eyes said:

Because maybe that series doesn't have a wide appeal to become popular? Maybe it was just unlucky.
finaly someone who isnt mean and its logical!
Jun 6, 2015 2:52 PM

Mar 2015
I usually don't like something that isn't rated seven or more on average, so I guess I prefer anime that are generally well liked among the watchers.
Jun 6, 2015 2:53 PM

Mar 2014
OP, are you implying that Sekirei and Sora no Otoshimono: Forte are underrated masterpieces that deserve much more attention?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 6, 2015 2:53 PM

Aug 2014
DGrimreaperD said:
I usually don't like something that isn't rated seven or more on average, so I guess I prefer anime that are generally well liked among the watchers.
well some people judge by the cover.
Jun 6, 2015 2:54 PM

Mar 2015
Panda-Eyes said:
DGrimreaperD said:
well some people judge by the cover.

Those people are pricks.
Jun 6, 2015 2:55 PM

Aug 2014
Comic_Sans said:
OP, are you implying that Sekirei and Sora no Otoshimono: Forte are underrated masterpieces that deserve much more attention?
nope.Im talking about all animes i dont talk for exact animes.plus why all the people blaming me for my favorite list?
Jun 6, 2015 3:31 PM

Apr 2014
I don't see how the fuck being unpopular makes it better than popular I mean that makes 0% sense like wtf.
Jun 6, 2015 3:33 PM

May 2013
I only watch unpopular anime, so I can feel special.
Jun 6, 2015 3:38 PM

Aug 2013
I watch and like both. Popularity or lack of popularity is meaningless to me when it comes to watching anime.
Jun 6, 2015 3:41 PM

Dec 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
I watch and like both. Popularity or lack of popularity is meaningless to me when it comes to watching anime.

Pretty much this. It really doesn't factor into what I watch at all.
Jun 6, 2015 3:42 PM
Jan 2014
Most of us have some sense of what makes a good anime. That sense is different for everyone.

There are popular anime, that I personally didn't like.
There are unpopular anime that I did like.

You all have probably run into this for yourselves.

The question is irrelevant, in terms of whether a person should or should not watch an anime. Popular is always measured by a rating service by how many watched an anime, and how it was scored by those viewers that actually took the time to rate it. Doesn't speak to everyone that didn't like it.

We rarely rate something that we don't like. Look at the number of reviewers that get trashed by their peers because they actually wrote an unfavorable review. Someone's ox gets gored and the many that like it get mad. The ones that didn't never speak up in defense.

Tends to stifle the critical review process, and the outcome is that the rating services that tabulate popularity also tends to squelch debate on relative merits.

Popular? Unpopular? Who cares.
Jun 6, 2015 3:58 PM

Sep 2014
There is no relation between quality and popularity. I don't care about neither popularity nor MAL's rating. They are both kind of misleading.
Jun 6, 2015 4:05 PM

Jan 2015
there r some popular anime that r good and some arent it depends, just look at masterpieces like snk r popular nd there's shit like code gayass
Jun 6, 2015 4:20 PM

Mar 2014
Panda-Eyes said:
Comic_Sans said:
nope.Im talking about all animes i dont talk for exact animes.plus why all the people blaming me for my favorite list?
Because it's shit
SNKFanboy said:
there r some popular anime that r good and some arent it depends, just look at masterpieces like snk r popular nd there's shit like code gayass
But SnK isn't a masterpiece either
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 6, 2015 4:21 PM

Sep 2014
SNKFanboy said:

bad bait is bad
Jun 6, 2015 4:50 PM

May 2014
I never looked at the popularity of the anime, only the rating, and I think that's what everyone should be doing??
Anyway, there is always the two extremes.
If you only love popular anime and says all other anime are shit, you're being ignorant.
If you are purposely avoiding popular anime, just to be that "special" guy, then you're being an ass.
Jun 6, 2015 4:52 PM

Jul 2013
SNKFanboy said:

It is past April fools.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2015 4:56 PM

May 2014
Renaultclio101 said:
SNKFanboy said:

It is past April fools.

There can sarcasm though, the user name is already a bait....
Jun 6, 2015 5:02 PM

Apr 2013
DrGeroCreation said:

This. I don't even take the popularity ranking into account for why I choose what I choose (I'll check the popularity tab every now and then, but it's more out of curiosity than anything). I don't watch anime for the popularity factor, I watch anime because I enjoy it, even if I come across shitty anime both popular and unpopular.
Jun 6, 2015 5:03 PM

Jan 2015
I'm watching the popular ones atm just because I just got back into anime. At some point though, IDGAF and watch what I want.
Jun 6, 2015 5:07 PM

Jan 2015
Comic_Sans said:
Panda-Eyes said:
Because it's shit
SNKFanboy said:
well it is at least good from objectiv pov while code geass is just bad.
Jun 6, 2015 5:20 PM

Mar 2014
SNKFanboy said:
Comic_Sans said:
Because it's shit
Gayass is also objectively good
Nico- said:
Jun 6, 2015 5:23 PM

Jan 2015
Comic_Sans said:
SNKFanboy said:
how so. it isnt realistic portrayal and relies on superpowers and aspulls
Jun 6, 2015 5:35 PM

Mar 2014
SNKFanboy said:
Comic_Sans said:
how so. it isnt realistic portrayal and relies on superpowers and aspulls
Ever heard of "reading reviews"?

And SnK is full of retarded and/or unrealistic characters with zero character development and relies too much on "muh edgy effect"
Nico- said:
Jun 6, 2015 5:40 PM

Jan 2015
Unpopularity is just due to bad marketing, bad tv schedule, or just terribad. So I dnt caer if its unpopular or not
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Jun 6, 2015 6:15 PM

Feb 2015
Generally in my experience popularity does mean that a show has at least some enjoyable aspects to it, even if overall it's not that great.
Jun 6, 2015 8:03 PM

Dec 2014
JD2411 said:
popularity has nothing to do with quality

At least hes right for once
Jun 6, 2015 8:05 PM

May 2013
DrCoppelius said:
I don't really care if something is popular or unpopular. I just watch what I want to watch.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 6, 2015 8:58 PM

Nov 2008
Both are wonderful.

If something is hyped, I will normally check it out to see why.

Sometimes a series being unpopular makes me like it more. Same goes for characters and pairings.

Jun 6, 2015 9:00 PM

Mar 2015
Popular animes generally have better production. I like good production. It makes my eyes smile.
Jun 6, 2015 10:06 PM

Mar 2015
SweetCoconut said:
DrCoppelius said:
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 6, 2015 10:07 PM

Apr 2015
I don't care whether an anime is popular are not. Frankly I think most people care to much.

I can't even count how many times an anime credibility has been blown up out of proportion simply because it's underrated, or how many times people generalize the uniquness or quality of an anime simply because it's popular.
observing a woman's body
Jun 6, 2015 10:28 PM

Jun 2014
I ignore hype and ratings for the most part unless a show was suggested to me by someone I trust or respect I likely will not watch it.
Jun 7, 2015 1:57 AM

Dec 2012
Popular anime USUALLY are masterpieces unpopular anime USUALLY are underestimated.
I just watch max 5 series usually 1/2 if it isn't interesting I skip that without adding on list of dropped.
^^
Jun 7, 2015 1:59 AM

Feb 2015
Unyilkdr said:
SweetCoconut said:
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Do you think anime has ever negatively impacted someone's life?

tappioca - Yesterday

26 by Auron_ »»
2 minutes ago

» Why was Magic Knight Rayearth overshadowed by Cardcaptor Sakura in terms of popularity?

funtime43_tr - 7 minutes ago

0 by funtime43_tr »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you guys pretend to hate anime?

APolygons2 - 12 hours ago

44 by Neterosan »»
8 minutes ago

» Why is there a stigma in the anime community towards people who enjoy children anime? Like YuGiOh, Pokemon, PreCure etc.

tappioca - Yesterday

21 by funtime43_tr »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Is the term “weeb” offensive?

kusairo - Yesterday

43 by SwordBreaker36 »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.