Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jun 13, 2015 12:51 PM

Aug 2014
Forgetfulness said:
fst said:
ya don't say....
Was the whole wish thingie with the shooting star-looking things in the VN?

Cause somehow I don't remember that at all lol

I would hope you don't, since it's not in the VN.
Jun 13, 2015 12:51 PM

Aug 2014
I thought the episode itself was handled very well in terms of pacing.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jun 13, 2015 12:53 PM

Oct 2012
Well, it was kinda ok, at least they can do action when they are horrible with motivations. That is apart from Assassin who was made look to be defeated too easily.
Effects and CG very pretty cool but it's obvious they are dragging the ending right now because they are almost out of content.

UBW next time it seems. And the last ep will be probably aftermath mostly. Anyone knows if they are planning one-hour finale?
Jun 13, 2015 12:55 PM

Aug 2014
I think the episode was quite good, though I didn't quite catch on to how Saber won that fight, too bad Gilgamesh just went ahead and used EA without saying something epic like he did in F/Z.
Jun 13, 2015 12:59 PM

Aug 2014
Snappynator said:
I think the episode was quite good, though I didn't quite catch on to how Saber won that fight, too bad Gilgamesh just went ahead and used EA without saying something epic like he did in F/Z.

When they where holding their swords against each other, assassin's blade was notched/cracked. This made it so that there was a tiny gap in his Tsubame gaeshi that saber (being the badass she is) could exploit.

Jun 13, 2015 1:04 PM

Mar 2013
Insertanamehere said:
Forgetfulness said:
Was the whole wish thingie with the shooting star-looking things in the VN?

Cause somehow I don't remember that at all lol

So like... how high do you have to be for it to be in the VN?
Jun 13, 2015 1:09 PM

Apr 2014
I won't even bother with the plot conveniences but this episode was plain bad. Not even the fights are exciting anymore.

The power levels are so inconsistent. Suddenly shirou is able to copy all those noble phantasms of Gilgamesh?

Also why is shinji still alive and what the fuck was that arm?

The_Deceiver said:
"Now awaken Ea, the stage worthy of you has been set".

I want F/Z awesomeness back!

^

Jun 2014
black1blade said:
Snappynator said:

When they where holding their swords against each other, assassin's blade was notched/cracked. This made it so that there was a tiny gap in his Tsubame gaeshi that saber (being the badass she is) could exploit.

yes somebody gets it, this was the decisive factor!

shooting star thingy wasn't in VN last time I checked
All credit goes to Sacred.

Nov 2013
fst said:
Insertanamehere said:

About as high as Miura when he was directing this
Jun 13, 2015 1:11 PM

Aug 2014
FireEmblemIke24 said:
black1blade said:

I read the VN -_-

Jun 13, 2015 1:12 PM

Jun 2014
Lollo36 said:
fst said:

that Kara no Kyoukai movie 6 was his doing, I've lost all faith since then
Jun 13, 2015 1:12 PM

Aug 2014
Z4k said:
I won't even bother with the plot conveniences but this episode was plain bad. Not even the fights are exciting anymore.

The power levels are so inconsistent. Suddenly shirou is able to copy all those noble phantasms of Gilgamesh?

The_Deceiver said:
"Now awaken Ea, the stage worthy of you has been set".

I want F/Z awesomeness back!

^

It's not suddenly. He was doing it against archer before. Also he is getting rin's mana, allowing him to trace multiple swords at once.

Jun 13, 2015 1:13 PM

Jun 2014
black1blade said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

I read the VN -_-

I just said what you said was true bruh ;p
why mad?
Jun 13, 2015 1:14 PM

Aug 2014
FireEmblemIke24 said:
Lollo36 said:

Well he did fate/zero episode 15 and 19 (2 of the best imo). Also vita OPs which where amazing. Finally, he did episode 0 which was arguably the best episode of UBW.

Mar 2011
Z4k said:

Why not? Archer already said he can copy every weapon he saw the original of right? Back when Shirou and Archer fought, Shirou was acquiring Archers skills every time their swords clashed, its only natural for Shirou to display some of Archers skills. He also has Rins mana to help him out.

Aug 2014
FireEmblemIke24 said:
black1blade said:

I read the VN -_-

I just said what you said was true bruh ;p
why mad?

I'm not mad I was just thinking that maybe you got your hopes up than an anime only got it XD.

Jun 13, 2015 1:16 PM

Apr 2014
black1blade said:
Z4k said:

^

It's not suddenly. He was doing it against archer before. Also he is getting rin's mana, allowing him to trace multiple swords at once.

IIRC each of those swords are noble phantasms not just regular swords and was it ever explained how many he can copy? Is there even any limit?
Jun 13, 2015 1:16 PM

Jun 2014
black1blade said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

Well he did fate/zero episode 15 and 19 (2 of the best imo). Also vita OPs which where amazing. Finally, he did episode 0 which was arguably the best episode of UBW.

OK I'll admit those vita openings were sick especially HF
Jun 13, 2015 1:17 PM

Nov 2013
I love how, at the start of the episode, Shirou says that NOW he can project 10-20 weapons, while he probably projected just as many times against Archer.
Inb4 UBW explaination from VN.
Jun 13, 2015 1:18 PM

Jul 2013
Z4k said:
black1blade said:

IIRC each of those swords are noble phantasms not just regular swords and was it ever explained how many he can copy? Is there even any limit?

Like Kanshou and Bakuya, he copied from archer.
Jun 13, 2015 1:18 PM

Apr 2014
Raziel1991 said:
Z4k said:

Why not? Archer already said he can copy every weapon he saw the original of right? Back when Shirou and Archer fought, Shirou was acquiring Archers skills every time their swords clashed, its only natural for Shirou to display some of Archers skills. He also has Rins mana to help him out.

It doesn't explain how he could copy gilgamesh's weapons all at once.
Jun 13, 2015 1:19 PM

Aug 2014
Z4k said:
black1blade said:

Why does it matter if they are noble phantasms? K&B are C-rank noble phantasms I'm pretty sure.

Jun 13, 2015 1:20 PM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:
Is there even any limit?

Aslong as he has mana. Which he is getting from Rin btw.

He can't copy EA.
He can pretty much copy any Sword, even NPs.
EA and the like he can't copy.
Oct 2011
Lollo36 said:
I love how, at the start of the episode, Shirou says that NOW he can project 10-20 weapons, while he probably projected just as many times against Archer.

? Against Archer he projected 6 times max.

Nov 2013
lol that's really mean, I can't believe they remade history turning Sasaki Kojirou into just a fictional character. He actually existed in real life and died in his duel with Miyamoto Musashi.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jun 13, 2015 1:21 PM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:
Raziel1991 said:

Possibly explained next EP.

Jul 2013
Z4k said:
Raziel1991 said:

He copied the 10 (?) Archer's sword in episode 18, there was too green light on them.
But he used them one by one in his hand this time and this was before he gained more archer's memories and before Rin's mana.

Nov 2013
YggdrasilTM said:
Lollo36 said:

? Against Archer he projected 6 times max.

That's a fail on my part, then, LOL.
Jun 13, 2015 1:22 PM

Aug 2014
Shrimperor said:
Z4k said:
Is there even any limit?

He can't copy EA.

That includes excalibur right? ;)

Dec 2014
fst said:
dear god what the fuck did I just watch

Greatest anime of 2015
Oct 2011
Z4k said:
Raziel1991 said:

Why not? He always project Kanshou and Bakuya at the same time.
Jun 13, 2015 1:24 PM

Oct 2014
black1blade said:
Shrimperor said:

He can't copy EA.

Yeah.
Jun 13, 2015 1:25 PM

Aug 2014
pkKodama said:
lol that's really mean, I can't believe they remade history turning Sasaki Kojirou into just a fictional character. He actually existed in real life and died in his duel with Miyamoto Musashi.

We don't know if that is true. The idea in fate is that the person who was named Sasaki Koijirou and the guy who used the Nodachi (I forget the name) where different. If the sword the real Koijirou used had no renowned, then the heroic spirit couldn't exist either as there would be nothing extraordinary about his existence.

Jun 13, 2015 1:26 PM

Apr 2015
black1blade said:
Shrimperor said:

He can't copy EA.

He can copy Excalibur but actually using it will kill him.
Jun 13, 2015 1:27 PM

Aug 2014
VsegdaZdec7 said:
black1blade said:

Jun 13, 2015 1:28 PM

Dec 2014
FanEu said:

Well the anime adaption was pretty bad but the manga is great

lolno Toyko Ghouls anime is bad simply because the source material is bad.
Jun 13, 2015 1:29 PM

Mar 2011
black1blade said:
Shrimperor said:

He can't copy EA.

Yes until Nasu retconned it.
Jun 13, 2015 1:29 PM

Aug 2014
GradationAir said:
FanEu said:

lol Toyko Ghouls anime is bad simply because the source material is bad.

That's exactly what some people say about fate. The people who say this is shit because it is different from zero are wrong. Stay night was never meant to be like zero.

Jun 13, 2015 1:33 PM

Apr 2015
black1blade said:
VsegdaZdec7 said:

Jun 13, 2015 1:36 PM

Apr 2012
pkKodama said:
Actually, it is precisely because of history that they went with this route, as is is still uncertain if Sasaki Kojirou is real, or if his final duel with Musashi is real or if it really happened the way it supposedly did (with the boat oar and all). There is a lot of conflicting documents on him, but one of the most important elements is the lack of documentation, namely by Musashi himself. The man wrote about much of his life, yet he never mentioned Kojirou at all.

The interpretation in FSN is that this Sasaki Kojirou is a composite of several figures, some guy named Kojirou Sasaki, someone who weilded his famous longsword Monohoshizao, and a nameless swordsman with the legendary skill Tsubame Gaeshi associated with the character of Kojirou, the last of which is Fake Assassin's true self. I guess it was probably meant to resonate with Archer also being fameless despite his accomplishments, though they didn't do anything with it in the end.

Jul 2007
VsegdaZdec7 said:
black1blade said:

Nope.
Apr 2015
GradationAir said:
FanEu said:

No

Aug 2014
black1blade said:
Snappynator said:

Oh I see, didn't notice that. I'm guessing that part is far more obvious in the VN than in the anime?
Jun 13, 2015 1:37 PM
Apr 2015
black1blade said:
GradationAir said:

lol Toyko Ghouls anime is bad simply because the source material is bad.

That's exactly what some people say about fate. The people who say this is shit because it is different from zero are wrong. Stay night was never meant to be like zero.

Yeah but its just very underwhelming if you watch it after F/Z
Jun 13, 2015 1:38 PM

Dec 2013
That was a massive arm!
Jun 13, 2015 1:38 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Less talking, more fighting would benefit this show greatly. Or at least if you're going to have long conversations, do it over a cup of tea and biscuits, and not in the middle of combat.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 13, 2015 1:39 PM

Feb 2015
FanEu said:
black1blade said:

because secondaryfags thinks fate franchise is about the battles and deathgame and that was never the mainpoint of the franchise its about the characters and ideals
Jun 13, 2015 1:40 PM

Nov 2013
black1blade said:
pkKodama said:

We don't know if that is true. The idea in fate is that the person who was named Sasaki Koijirou and the guy who used the Nodachi (I forget the name) where different. If the sword the real Koijirou used had no renowned, then the heroic spirit couldn't exist either as there would be nothing extraordinary about his existence.

Well, if the existence of a man who died in 1612 is so doubtful, I fail to see what makes Gilgamesh and even Hercules(seriously?) genuine. I know this is just a fictional work but still, they could have had more criativity if they wanted to give his character more depth while still being coherent...
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jun 13, 2015 1:42 PM

Mar 2013
Forgetfulness said:
FanEu said:

Maybe because that's not how you're supposed to go through the Fate/ series.

Woah

It's still underwhelming by comparison.
Jun 13, 2015 1:42 PM

Apr 2014
GradationAir said:
FanEu said:

I see. Then the reason F/SN anime is trash simply because the source material is bad.

Damn that explains everything.
Pages (17) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.