Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 6, 2015 9:28 AM

May 2014
G_Spark233 said:
Good episode. Recap went for too long. Felt like I was watching One Piece -_-

Michello was pretty annoying. So thankful when Natsu knocked him out.

Are you all ready for

hahhaa, Ikr. But hey dude plz don't spoil. not everyone have read the manga for the next ep. And u know this action can ban u from the site. ^^ Even with spoiler alert.
Jun 6, 2015 11:22 AM

Jan 2015
Harrymanhunter said:
I can't believe I'm saying this but this was a GREAT FT episode! FINALLY! FINALLY! Natsu isn't a worthless piece of shite who gets his arse handed to him by EVERYONE in EVERY fight. He was almost as great as when he faced Sting and Rogue at the same time. Great stuff.

Natsu always kicks ass though...

Nice episode, the recaps though, they pissed me off so much I just skipped it. 5/5 though, I wonder when we're getting a new OP/ED.
Jun 6, 2015 11:52 AM

Apr 2008
3DChaos said:
Harrymanhunter said:
I can't believe I'm saying this but this was a GREAT FT episode! FINALLY! FINALLY! Natsu isn't a worthless piece of shite who gets his arse handed to him by EVERYONE in EVERY fight. He was almost as great as when he faced Sting and Rogue at the same time. Great stuff.

Natsu always kicks ass though...

Nice episode, the recaps though, they pissed me off so much I just skipped it. 5/5 though, I wonder when we're getting a new OP/ED.

Maybe the episode after the next since next episode should conclude the prologue
Jun 6, 2015 12:10 PM

May 2014
Omg Jackal my favorite FT character 💜
I hope he'll last longer than just the next episode 😍
Jun 6, 2015 1:12 PM

Aug 2014
So when exactly will the prologue finish?
Jun 6, 2015 1:23 PM

Apr 2008
Crips said:
So when exactly will the prologue finish?

Judging from the preview, most likely after next week
Jun 6, 2015 1:36 PM

Mar 2015
Am I dreaming? From an 24 min episode they took almost 8 minutes for the recap? When I watched the episode I had to check if I watch the recent one because I already saw everything. Good thing I read the manga, otherwise I would be disappointed. Wait 7 days for 15 min new content.

BTW: Am I the only one who thinks Jackal is actually quite kawai? :D
HelenusJun 6, 2015 1:45 PM
Jun 6, 2015 3:17 PM

Nov 2014
8 minute recap, FT has officially moseyed down the Grand Line into the New World. >.>

Michello is such a piece of shit. Just die.

I thought the grandaughter was BSing about being pregnant in the manga, and it looked like she was here too... maybe it will be more clear next week? Dunno. I mean, that seems like the kind of thing you'd mention right away, if someone came to your house and said your life was in danger. Maybe being a garbage human being runs in the family.

OP Natsu preparing to destroy Jackal just made me want to see
animated. Dammit!
Quality Queen.
Jun 6, 2015 3:58 PM
Feb 2015
Natsu is awesome as usual. Didn't expect him to become unconscious. Wow that evil guy uses curses. Can't belive he tried to make lucy pick to save the pregnant woman or the councilor. That guy pisses me off, left his granddaughter and expects people to protect him....

Looking forward to the battle between natsu and that Guy.
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 6, 2015 8:45 PM

May 2015
I just got caught back up and after seeing this episode I so want that fucktard stuck old geezer to die he was so fucking annoying and stuck up I mean how u gonna say "save me I was on the magic council, save me I'm actually important, save me I did a lot for the world" when you are supposed to be saying "save her I caused this and she is prevent an and must carry on the next generation" I so wanted Lucy to do the right thing and just say you blow that old fucked up piece of bastard shit over there and point to the former council member the. Natsu shows up and saves both or not either way is good with me as long as natsu knocks him out afterwards.
P.S. Either way is not good with me that old fucked up piece of bastard shit should have died
I am the King, address me as anything less and face the wrath of The Emperor Supreme King
Jun 6, 2015 8:46 PM

May 2015
Voltning said:
Natsu is awesome as usual. Didn't expect him to become unconscious. Wow that evil guy uses curses. Can't belive he tried to make lucy pick to save the pregnant woman or the councilor. That guy pisses me off, left his granddaughter and expects people to protect him....

Looking forward to the battle between natsu and that Guy.

Not gonna be a battle now that even his direct explode your body won't work and Natsu can eat his other explosions it will be a quick fight
I am the King, address me as anything less and face the wrath of The Emperor Supreme King
Jun 6, 2015 9:19 PM

Aug 2012
[size=125][b][i]Well, despite the recap this was a pretty good episode. I enjoyed the Natsu/Jackal fight, and looking forward to hear more about Face lol[/b][/i][/size]
Jun 6, 2015 11:51 PM

Dec 2014
KingAce261 said:
I just got caught back up and after seeing this episode I so want that fucktard stuck old geezer to die he was so fucking annoying and stuck up I mean how u gonna say "save me I was on the magic council, save me I'm actually important, save me I did a lot for the world" when you are supposed to be saying "save her I caused this and she is prevent an and must carry on the next generation" I so wanted Lucy to do the right thing and just say you blow that old fucked up piece of bastard shit over there and point to the former council member the. Natsu shows up and saves both or not either way is good with me as long as natsu knocks him out afterwards.
P.S. Either way is not good with me that old fucked up piece of bastard shit should have died

The council guy is much more important than pregnant lady. Also jackal could have easily exploded them both. Why do you trust his word?
Jun 7, 2015 3:34 AM
Feb 2013
https://41.media.tumblr.com/210aff3ba47bee38402e9bb0109c16f9/tumblr_nkiee58DjH1tgxt3so1_400.png

rewatching episode 108 when..
Well this arc is all about Zeref… so foreshadowing?
Jun 7, 2015 4:10 AM

May 2015
cenkiss said:
KingAce261 said:
I just got caught back up and after seeing this episode I so want that fucktard stuck old geezer to die he was so fucking annoying and stuck up I mean how u gonna say &quot;save me I was on the magic council, save me I'm actually important, save me I did a lot for the world&quot; when you are supposed to be saying &quot;save her I caused this and she is prevent an and must carry on the next generation&quot; I so wanted Lucy to do the right thing and just say you blow that old fucked up piece of bastard shit over there and point to the former council member the. Natsu shows up and saves both or not either way is good with me as long as natsu knocks him out afterwards.

The council guy is much more important than pregnant lady. Also jackal could have easily exploded them both. Why do you trust his word?

Yeah true he is more important but true magic council members would have risked their lives for someone else and if he was gonna play that way he could have at least just said we can't have all the magic council members die instead of being a stuck up jerk baby about and we all know that's not how he felt and he was just scared to die when he probably only had 20 years tops before he died of old age. Plus I mostly just wanted to see someone say he pisses me off blow him up and him get blown up then Natsu could just show up to stop him from killing the other one
Jun 7, 2015 5:14 AM

Oct 2014
Another great episode! This was action packed as fuck. Cant wait to see the next ep.

Though that former council member pisses me of.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2015 1:48 PM

Jul 2011
My favorite arc is finally animated and its looking mothafuckin Gangsta!!
Jun 7, 2015 5:20 PM

May 2015
8 minute recap. Stay away please.
It was nice build up for the fight next, we'll see what Gray And Juvia will be up to next episode. Can't wait!
Jun 8, 2015 1:44 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
nerfx said:
I was even wondering if it's a new episode I'm watching when I saw that recap...

Ditto, I was about to stop watching this episode because I thought I had already seen it. xD

Pretty cool fight, FT hasn't been this good since the games.
Jun 8, 2015 2:45 PM

May 2015
MagnaMoon said:
This episode goes like &quot;Curses are stronger than magic but guess what, Natsu is even stronger!&quot;
There was only one big problem with this episode... Why the hell was the recap so long?!

Natsu is even stronger because he is badass though not as badass as Laxus and Gildarts and I'm still ticked off Laxus won't have his badass scene in this arc and I mean badass badass like when he fought hades on tenrou, why'd that bastard have to be a sore loser and posion him. Natsu is also stronger because.........................................................

Mod Edit: spoiler modified by removing major plot spoiler
rodacJun 23, 2015 2:09 AM
Jun 9, 2015 7:39 AM
Nov 2010
The recap aside, this episode was pretty interesting.
Jun 10, 2015 12:43 AM

Nov 2014
Natsu is so cool T^T
Jackal is cool too =O
Things really picked up! That cat guy was annoying, but it was funny when Natsu knocked him out. xD

Does anyone know when they'll start dubbing Fairy Tail 2014 in English? I know I'm probably the only one, but I'm starting to really miss their English VA's...I haven't been able to find a straight answer on Google though. If someone knows could you message me? Thanks in advance.
Jun 10, 2015 3:25 AM

Jan 2012
What an annoying cat old man ,doesn't deserve to be saved.

The recap was bad.

Jun 10, 2015 12:52 PM
Jan 2012
good episode.
Version of mangá in anime his make that's good.
Good 1st part of fight of natsu.
I have much expectatives on the next episode.
Jun 11, 2015 1:05 PM
Jul 2018
That was epic, Jackal was really awesome to see. The fight had really good animation and I'm really glad I waited till now to see it :D
Jun 14, 2015 6:41 PM

Nov 2014
I like Fairy Tail but they need to fucking stop recaping the same shit over and over for 8 minutes
Hi there
Jun 28, 2015 1:38 PM

Jan 2011
They should give the member of FT some basic fighting training. Like, you don't wait after each and every move whether the enemy is defeated. You don't wait until he beat your comrade. Just because you can't move *from* your place doesn't mean you can't use ranged attacks or f*cking celestial spirits.

Heck, Lucy's spirits can basically summon themselves, and on top of that they can choose not to rely on her magic energy, but use their own. Loke was even around in the guild and told them where to find them. If he's as close to Michelia as implied, he would have evacuated both her and her grandfather in seconds.

She also has her whip, or maybe Happy and Charles could have lifted her away. Or she could have jumped out and they drop a slab of stone or whatever. Or travel through the spiritual world. After what happend last arc, the spirit king would take that chance to come back with her and beat up some thugs like Jackal.

Or maybe drop *Jackal* there. Or somewhere on the way. Or let Virgo make a hole directly beneath him, he'll drop and only blast himself. Even if it doesn't work on himself - most magics we saw do though - it'll at least contain it.

So many possibilities, but no, even after facing death for the umpteenth time, they are stll like "oh noes, what do i do?" every fight, or at least arc.

And how about telling Sabertooth, Lamia Scale and so on? They only know where four of the former council members live, thats means they can have at least one whole guild per person.

By now it's also lame how Gildarts is never around. At least show us what he's doing all the time if he isn't there when shit happens. He's just a convenient deus ex machina when they overused the regular "nakama"-mode instead of an actual character.

And if they'd finally allow Wendy to be more than a healing machine, but a real dragon slayer. Heck, Chelia was introduced at the beginning of the actual Grand Magic games (not even the start of the arc itself) and kicked ass right away..

After 150+ episodes/chapters, i do not really have any hope there..maybe if they actually find their dragons again...but i both doubt they ever will, and that she will change in this regard.
Jul 7, 2015 1:41 PM

Jan 2014
That super long recap made me think I was watching the wrong episode lol

I really like jackal! Good episode 5/5 :)
laputiaJul 7, 2015 1:45 PM
Aug 31, 2015 7:25 AM

Apr 2013
Really good fight, that's the FT I wanna see!
Aug 31, 2015 10:20 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
NwAurion said:
They should give the member of FT some basic fighting training. Like, you don't wait after each and every move whether the enemy is defeated. You don't wait until he beat your comrade. Just because you can't move *from* your place doesn't mean you can't use ranged attacks or f*cking celestial spirits.

Heck, Lucy's spirits can basically summon themselves, and on top of that they can choose not to rely on her magic energy, but use their own. Loke was even around in the guild and told them where to find them. If he's as close to Michelia as implied, he would have evacuated both her and her grandfather in seconds.

She also has her whip, or maybe Happy and Charles could have lifted her away. Or she could have jumped out and they drop a slab of stone or whatever. Or travel through the spiritual world. After what happend last arc, the spirit king would take that chance to come back with her and beat up some thugs like Jackal.

Or maybe drop *Jackal* there. Or somewhere on the way. Or let Virgo make a hole directly beneath him, he'll drop and only blast himself. Even if it doesn't work on himself - most magics we saw do though - it'll at least contain it.

So many possibilities, but no, even after facing death for the umpteenth time, they are stll like "oh noes, what do i do?" every fight, or at least arc.

And how about telling Sabertooth, Lamia Scale and so on? They only know where four of the former council members live, thats means they can have at least one whole guild per person.

By now it's also lame how Gildarts is never around. At least show us what he's doing all the time if he isn't there when shit happens. He's just a convenient deus ex machina when they overused the regular "nakama"-mode instead of an actual character.

And if they'd finally allow Wendy to be more than a healing machine, but a real dragon slayer. Heck, Chelia was introduced at the beginning of the actual Grand Magic games (not even the start of the arc itself) and kicked ass right away..

After 150+ episodes/chapters, i do not really have any hope there..maybe if they actually find their dragons again...but i both doubt they ever will, and that she will change in this regard.

Agreed. This anime is a more brawns than brains kind of anime. Not much plot and thought put in it. And I think we'll never ever see them train. Ever.
Oct 12, 2015 5:11 AM
Apr 2013
that fucking geezer is a real asshole , if it was me , i would save that pregnann and let him explode
Oct 12, 2015 6:18 AM
Mar 2015
NwAurion said:

You must be really embarrassed right now?Arent you?
Oct 14, 2015 8:35 AM

Nov 2012
Damn i wish they didnt cop out with the choice thing, but then again this is fairy tail and that was kinda dark.
I really wanted to see former council member get blown up tho, so full of himself, "oh im so good im so good im the obvious choice, im such a good person save me instead of the innocent pregnant bystander"

oh and yeh, heaps of other people said it but just wow, a third of the episode, wow, i hope this doesnt become a trend, wow
xXxAeonXxOct 14, 2015 8:41 AM
Dec 27, 2015 4:15 PM

Apr 2009
Great episode! I rewatched that fight a couple times. I laughed at a lot of parts, Natsu punching when the demon had something to say, the demon saying he'll only kill the guy's grandparent. I could've cheered when Natsu KO'd that obnoxious bastard former Councilmember.

I've loved these last couple episodes, I thought the end of the Grand Magic Games were lame and not worth the year-long wait, the Eclipse story was stupid. This has been wonderful - funny jokes and gags, thrilling soundtrack by Yasaharu Takanashi, good camaraderie, exciting action. Feels like Fairy Tail's back and firing on all cylinders.

As for the recap, meh, I'm marathoning it so don't care. Even if I was waiting week to week I'm used to it with One Piece now.
TeufelDec 27, 2015 4:24 PM
May 4, 2016 4:54 AM

Feb 2016
well if lucy really did decide who should be killed and natsu did not interfere in the most predictable boring way then this episode would get 5/5 instead 1/5. if natsu died it would have been 6/5 lol.
Jun 8, 2016 1:45 PM

Jan 2015
That council member is scum !!
Aug 18, 2016 3:00 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Natsu has reached a new level of badassery!

That old man is despicable, can't believe someone like him was apart of the magic council at one point.
Sep 15, 2016 7:02 PM

Jan 2016
Holy mother of Zeref! That was intense over the limit,
Jackal vs Natsu started with a massiv bang, and Natsu is Fucking brutally destroying him, got KO but is back in action stronger as well! This is going to be ridiculously going to end with a bang! Go Natsu.
also some more about the other team in the next episode.
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Sep 15, 2016 9:44 PM

Feb 2010
Glad the series is picking up again but what the hell is the 7 min recap in almost every episode..

Feb 19, 2017 10:20 PM

Dec 2016
They really waste too much time with recaps. And it is funny how Lucy and Wendy take a huge hit from Jackal and Natsu practically gets his body exploded, and they are all fine and moving, yet the Magic Council (some of the most powerful wizards in the land) get exploded and they are all dead. Makes no sense..
Jun 22, 2017 7:49 PM

May 2012
Natsu finally going all out! Pretty great development and fight, let's see what's next.
Oct 3, 2017 12:34 PM

Jul 2009
Jackal is very strong and have a interesting power.
Nov 20, 2017 1:15 AM

Sep 2012
Great episode......
Feb 27, 2018 9:01 AM
Dec 2017
owah... Natsu cool fighting style back!! the war he mention .. i think it was started like hell.. and Natsu have fun with his fight
Apr 19, 2018 12:40 AM

Jan 2018
It's like out of 24 minutes, the actual episode is only a total of 14 minutes. Then everything else is the opening, the damn recap and ending. UGH.
May 4, 2018 3:51 AM
Apr 2018
Natsu with messy hair is <3
Jan 10, 2019 12:23 AM
Jul 2016
So about 6 minutes of new stuff. Recap and recycled footage the rest of the 25 minutes in the episode.
Mar 2, 2019 9:29 AM

Oct 2013
Skipped 5 minutes into the episode and thought I accidentally restarted the last episode... lmao. SEVEN MINUTES of recap (+ OP), wew.

Great episode aside from that. Always fun seeing Natsu get his ass handed to him then bounce back from it. Jackal made Lucy and Wendy look pathetic, which... is legitimate, honestly. These Tartaros dudes aren't being pussified (as characters often are when challenged by the unstoppable nakama might that is Fairy Tail); their unfathomable strength is evident. But Jackal is fighting his worst possible opponent in Natsu. Realistically, if literally anyone else was sent in Natsu's place this would be a shitshow.

Ah, Jackal reminds me of Kimblee from FMA.
ZadionMar 2, 2019 9:35 AM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 27, 2020 7:37 AM

May 2018
The explosion guy doesn't stand a chance against Natsu haha
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.