Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 8, 2015 9:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, I feel kinda bad for Lili this episode with the past that's shown. I guess she got used to the harsh treatment...heh.

World fiction and its monster designs is decent I guess. It didn't surprise me that Lili would use some trickery to try to get what she wanted including abandoning Bell during battle. Sigh. She was suspicious from the beginning...

That little smirk:

She should know though. Action like that has consequences. I think she should be quite glad that Bell is still there for her. FIRE BOLT~
May 8, 2015 10:59 AM
Jun 2013
not quite sure why she went for his weapon again, given that she already had it examined and evaluated as useless 30Valis trash(due to the inscribtion).
May 8, 2015 11:09 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Now we know the full story behind Lili's actions and I must say that the anime managed to capture the emotions of that scene very well....I felt so bad for her during this episode....It's sad how her experiences in life cost her to hate adventurers

But alas, this is why I love Bell so very much and more than any other male lead in a game series that I've seen. He is genuinely a really sweet guy and the way he cares about his companions always brings a huge smile on my face....The scene when Lili came clean and then the ending almost brought tears to my eyes

This episode was really good and the art and animation were pretty good too....I was glad to see that one of those cunts that beat up Lili got what was coming to him....Eina and Aiz are grateful girls too and I'm looking forward to seeing some Aiz time next week
TokoyaMay 8, 2015 11:48 AM
May 8, 2015 11:13 AM

Jan 2012
Quite the emotional breakdown for Lili near the end there, nice to get more detail on her background and motivation. I guess that resolves most of Lili's issues...well not really. She needs to get out of that Familia, which I assume is coming next. Well that and more Aiz anyway...
May 8, 2015 11:14 AM

Sep 2012
Lili deserved a good smack but good thing she apologized in the end.
Oh god who are you people?
*hug noises*

May 2013
Wow that was actually superbly adapted. Lili's breakdown was way more emotional here than I remember from the light novel

Feb 2015
I'm starting to think maybe Aiz is starting to have a puppy crush on Bell

Also, that whole time Lili was coming clean to Bell, I must admit that I had man tears in my eye's or maybe let out a bad fart..:)
This anime is beyond amazing, I cannot wait to start reading the Manga this month. I like how Bell truly does care for his companions, he truly is too kind but that's what I like about him plus he's come a long way since the first EP and I'm really excited to see where it goes from this point onward..
May 8, 2015 11:17 AM

Oct 2011
this is legit. made me cry. shucks. love this show man. Lovely :D.
May 8, 2015 11:18 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
FallenUndead said:
This anime is beyond amazing, I cannot wait to start reading the Manga this month.
It's a light novel originally though :>
May 8, 2015 11:18 AM

Aug 2010
Wow Lili's past is just heartbreaking. Understandable how she believes all adventurers are like that given how much she's been tortured by them. But I hope she'll change as she spends time with Bell. I wonder if this means she's out of Soma Familia or something? Hmm I had hoped she'll get out of the familia before joining Bell again but... :/

Didnt expect Aiz to react that way to Bell~ Cant wait for more Bell x Aiz moments XD
May 8, 2015 11:19 AM

Nov 2014
Dammit Lili your ears were fake?

Hi there
May 8, 2015 11:19 AM

Feb 2015
HaXXspetten said:
FallenUndead said:
This anime is beyond amazing, I cannot wait to start reading the Manga this month.
It's a light novel originally though :>

I know, I also plan on buying the Novels I think a few are out currently I just haven't gotten around to ordering them.
May 8, 2015 11:25 AM

Jun 2012
you can't help but feel bad for lili this episode, though i'm glad she gets to stay will bell from now on.

hopefully one of these episodes bell will save the princess instead of the other way around
May 8, 2015 11:27 AM

Aug 2010
Jaridan said:
not quite sure why she went for his weapon again, given that she already had it examined and evaluated as useless 30Valis trash(due to the inscribtion).

They didn't show this in the anime but after the gnome gave it 30 valis Lili said, if she had the sheath that proves it's made by Haphaestus she can sell it for lots even if it's junk function wise.
May 8, 2015 11:29 AM

Jul 2010
Really liking all the helping hands that reached out this episode. Primarily with Bell to Lili, but to all the care done behind the scenes, though it does goes back to how great of a person Bell is.

Lili letting herself out like that, looking at how long has it been for her to be truly honest without thinking of any other consequences.
May 8, 2015 11:32 AM

Aug 2010
Poor Lili at the start. Her past is quite messed up ;_; She did screw Bell there when she stole his knife.

Damn did she take a beating from those guys though. Even though she cheated Bell u gotta feel bad for her :( That was too much >~< Her monologues were pretty sad too.

I gotta say though....GODDAMN HER BODY IS SEXY AS F*** *A* Some shots were HAWT :L

He VA was pretty damn good with the emotional scenes. Props. Esp the rant to Bell lol

Bell coming to the rescue was friggin BA!! He owned all those Killer Ants like a BOSS!! The way he said "Because ur a girl" was lol and so was her reaction XD

But the way he said "Because it was Lili" and his "Supporter-san are u looking for an adventurer?" at the end was so smooth. Definitely a well deserved +1 for the harem :P

It's nice to see he has his priorities straight. Even though he saw Aiz saving him from the Orcs he still ran straight to Lili instead of thank Aiz or anything like that.

And also that he's not that stupid. He was suspecting the fact she's a shady person but still wanted to save her from her loneliness. He's quite the cool character tbh.

Lol'd at Loki's "Level 6 KITAAAA!!!" XD
May 8, 2015 11:35 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Ah, isn't it nice that Lili is a girl that's been duping Bell in the name of supporting? If she was a guy, this sure would've turned into a bitter story.

Lili's backstory was quite sad though and her mischievous deeds were understandable. She's lucky that Bell is a womanizer that's secretly looking to build a harem. Otherwise, she probably would've died back there.

Aiz hasn't been getting enough screentime and I hope it'll change soon. She's contender to Hestia for the best girl spot after all.

Above average episode. First half was enjoyable, but the second half wasn't much to my liking, particularly because the ending was too cliched.

May 8, 2015 11:39 AM

May 2013
Didn't like the fact that she deceived him, but I understood why she did it. Good that she apologized for everything that she did to him.
May 8, 2015 11:40 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Best episode, i don't know if this one can be topped. The backstory of Lili is terrifying, i felt so bad for her. Bell is the nicest guy of this season confirmed and Lili lets it all out in front of him <3
May 8, 2015 11:48 AM

Apr 2012
Felt terrible for Lili despite her deception. Seeing her getting thrown like a used rag T_T You can't help but sympathize with her cynicism. A really emotionally powerful episode

She looks an awful like Taiga from Toradora when she cried lmao

May 8, 2015 12:01 PM

Jul 2014
This show needed an episode like this. It really did. Not only do we finally get to fully understand that all is not fun and games in this world, but we also get some great character moments here, particularly for Bell and Lili (obviously). And Aiz once again got a bit of screentime which revealed more about her. But I seriously can't help but be reminded of Mashiro from Sakurasou whenever she appears. They look so similar.

Seems like next week will properly focus on Aiz, which should hopefully finally flesh her character out properly.
May 8, 2015 12:04 PM

Apr 2013
pretty dark episode

god damnit bell you broke my good guy scale
May 8, 2015 12:20 PM
Mar 2015
Barion-Zara said:
It's nice to see he has his priorities straight. Even though he saw Aiz saving him from the Orcs he still ran straight to Lili instead of thank Aiz or anything like that.

At most Bell just saw "an adventurer." Possibly all he saw was the corpses of the orcs. I don't think it's really mentioned in the LN that he got help at all.

Aiz next arc for sure.
May 8, 2015 12:26 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Quite the emotional and dark episode. Lili's backstory was truly tragic.

Again, another solid episode. Both visually and story telling wise.

I really hope those Soma Familia get what's coming to them. I hate the fact they walked away from that.

So I'm hoping we eventually get to see the red haired dude. He looks so cool.
May 8, 2015 12:30 PM

Mar 2014
Seems like everyone is riding the Lili's feel train.
May 8, 2015 12:31 PM
Apr 2015
Vindstot said:
Above average episode. First half was enjoyable, but the second half wasn't much to my liking, particularly because the ending was too cliched.

I agree. Loved most everything, but the way Bell unflinchingly accepts and forgives betrayal makes him seem less real. Likable maybe, but there's not too much depth behind it. I want the MC to be more interesting as a person.

The side characters are interesting though.

Todd_ said:
So I'm hoping we eventually get to see the red haired dude. He looks so cool.

That's exactly what I've been thinking during the OP of the last two episodes.
n00bvlogMay 8, 2015 12:37 PM
May 8, 2015 12:33 PM

Nov 2013
i smell harem in this anime. and i thought lily was just a little girl, never thought that she has a nice body behind that jacket
May 8, 2015 12:36 PM

Apr 2010
Finally more Ais and less Hestia we are on the right track!!

And it's a good thing that bastard adventurer got killed but the others still seem to be alive, hopefully they will have a meeting with Justice soon.
I have to say that this part was very nicely adapted.
May 8, 2015 12:37 PM
Feb 2015
Yay finally lili trusts bell and they will finally be friends. I hated how she tricked him but at least bell is such a nice person.
You have to feel bad for lili since she got beat up for a long time... She even lost her parents...

Aiz got his protector. I wonder what his reaction will be xD
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
May 8, 2015 12:37 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
jonjoy said:
i smell harem in this anime. and i thought lily was just a little girl, never thought that she has a nice body behind that jacket

I was a bit surprised too. I thought she was going to be the girl for the flat chest loli demographic, but she had quite interesting proportions beneath her cape.

we're starting to see more of Ais' personality and next chapter is all her. Really looking forward to this.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 8, 2015 12:39 PM

Jan 2013
Is it me or it's really really really cliché ?
May 8, 2015 12:43 PM

Jun 2014
i love this show
:3
May 8, 2015 12:50 PM

Jul 2014
dammit, its so spicy that my tears are flowing out.
May 8, 2015 12:52 PM

Jan 2015
Even though I feel bad for Lili, I still can't bring myself to like her.

Bell-kun, you really pick anything that has boobies attached to it's chest.
(The Harem grew to lvl. 4)

Next episode is going to be good :3
May 8, 2015 12:53 PM

Mar 2015
Best episode so far. Lili's sad and dark past of being alone and always alone. Getting bullied by Adventurers so it is very understandable that she hates people like Bell. I cried a little. It was a very emotional break down too for Lili and Bell, I'm smelling harem! Well it's already a triangle, I don't mind a harem.

Aiz getting agitated when she thought Bell hates her lol so cute! Saying "is he afraid of me?", she does have a spot to be best girl, she needs more screen time. Also Aiz seems to be Bell's knight, jumping and saving him every time he's in trouble.

Next episode will be focused on Aiz! Yay! I hope we get to see her more, a lot of Hestia is being too much on the fanservice.

May 8, 2015 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
Lili's back-story was pretty sad. I felt bad for her.
May 8, 2015 1:21 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
MuruManu said:

Cliché doesn't equal bad.
May 8, 2015 1:24 PM

Mar 2015
MuruManu said:

Almost everything that is out right now is kind of a cliche, so I'm kind of okay with these cliches. There are thousands of anime and manga out there, there must be at least something that inspired the author to write the story from those materials.

May 8, 2015 1:26 PM

Dec 2013
Bell is such a good guy. Episode had some feels towards the end. Still not a fan of Lili. STAY AWAY HE BELONGS TO HESTIA
If I forget to reply feel free to drop a message or comment on my profile!
May 8, 2015 1:31 PM

Feb 2014
I like this anime for the most part, but damn is it cliche and Bell is just way to nice to the point of being annoying.

I wonder if the dungeons are ever going to be explained, where do they come from and why do they exist?
May 8, 2015 1:33 PM

Apr 2008
MuruManu said:

yes, its cliche XD but not as bad as SAO =P
May 8, 2015 1:35 PM
Feb 2013
Well, that ending was cute to say the least.
Bell, you'd be waifu material if you weren't a boy.
Lili snapping at him reminded me of the bridge scene in Railgun S. Good job, J.C.Staff.

Predictable as it can be, still quite enjoyable.
May 8, 2015 1:41 PM

Feb 2014
Jesus, lili kept being a bitch until the last second but looks like she finally stopped.
May 8, 2015 1:42 PM

Aug 2014
Cliche but entertaining.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 8, 2015 1:45 PM

May 2013
Maaya Uchida nailed it sooo much in this episode.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 8, 2015 1:46 PM

Nov 2012
Couldn't help but roll my eyes about those guys gloating about the plan so those chicks could over hear them by pure convenience, but decent enough episode.
Jaywalker.
May 8, 2015 1:47 PM
Feb 2015
I thought this episode was well done and captured lili's backstory from the novel done to the word but i can't wait till the next arc is gonna be EPIC more aiz and some badass bell fights :D
May 8, 2015 1:57 PM

Nov 2008
So Albino Jesus forgave the Fallen Loli...

Yeah, it's the usual shounen Sad Backstory, but as long as it is kept to this one episode it won't be too bad.

What bothers me more is Lili always dragging the giant backpack with her. And how did she get a new Giant Backpack when the Generic Bad Guys took her original one?

Let's get back to action next week.
May 8, 2015 1:57 PM

Apr 2013
"i saved you because you're you" boy you don't even know anything about her you met her a couple episodes prior and she betrayed you twice what a fucking idiot
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
May 8, 2015 1:59 PM

Mar 2014
Well that was a really nice episode. Really loving the soundtrack too
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

196 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

208 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

282 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 10, 2015

277 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 3, 2015

459 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 10:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.