Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 22, 2015 7:29 PM

Jan 2015
I can tell you I'm VERY addicted. I become like a spitting monster when someone or something dares interrupt my anime time. Like right now, my internet is acting like a real piece of shit and instead of trying to calmly analyze the situation, I snapped at anything and anyone who came near me and threatened the inanimate modem and router with death. And that was just a minute after my internet stopped working. My poor phone and laptop were about to be tossed from the second story window. I am addicted, my friends lol. Yeah, it's working again (for now) but I can tell you I was a terror 15 minutes ago.

So are you like me? A spitting, growling monster when you can't watch anime or are you just like 'yeah whatever'?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 22, 2015 7:32 PM

Jan 2015
I feel taht animu is a chore nao
So im switching to PC games for a while
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Apr 22, 2015 7:33 PM

Jan 2008
I inject it into my blood veins.
Apr 22, 2015 7:35 PM

Aug 2009
friendlyone20 said:
I can tell you I'm VERY addicted. I become like a spitting monster when someone or something dares interrupt my anime time. Like right now, my internet is acting like a real piece of shit and instead of trying to calmly analyze the situation, I snapped at anything and anyone who came near me and threatened the inanimate modem and router with death. And that was just a minute after my internet stopped working. My poor phone and laptop were about to be tossed from the second story window. I am addicted, my friends lol. Yeah, it's working again (for now) but I can tell you I was a terror 15 minutes ago.

So are you like me? A spitting, growling monster when you can't watch anime or are you just like 'yeah whatever'?

When I thought my computer broke a month ago I was a mess (Spilled soda on the battery, but right after it happened I disassembled the battery, and did a force shut down, which thankfully saved the computer).
When my computer broke 2 years ago i threw a fit, and a year before (I used to just get refurbished machines for 100 bucks, so it was expected for them to crap out after a year or so).

So yeah I was kind of vicious when it came to my computer breaking because i couldn't access my anime and manga stored on my computer.

Anyways, I guess it depends on when you ask me. Sometimes I'm in no mood at all for anime (only happens one month out of the year, lol)
Apr 22, 2015 7:35 PM

Feb 2014
Psssh. I don't watch that shit. What do you think I am, some kind of weeb?
Apr 22, 2015 7:46 PM

Aug 2009
Lemongrope said:
Psssh. I don't watch that shit. What do you think I am, some kind of weeb?

A bird weeb.
Apr 22, 2015 7:49 PM

Jan 2015
What the hell is a weeb?

I remember when my computer wasn't working for 4 months. I had to watch anime on my phone. It wasn't the same as watching on my computer. For one thing, the screen is smaller. -_-
But I wasn't really a terror those 4 months because I was still able to watch anime.
Apr 22, 2015 7:50 PM

Feb 2010
sorry to say OP but having a choleric personality doesn't really have anything to do with how much you like anime.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 22, 2015 7:51 PM

Oct 2012
I spend more time shitposting here than actually watching anime.
Apr 22, 2015 7:55 PM

Jul 2012
yeah whatever
Apr 22, 2015 7:59 PM

Jan 2015
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
sorry to say OP but having a choleric personality doesn't really have anything to do with how much you like anime.

That's the thing, I'm not really a bad tempered person lol.

I had to look up that word btw because I'm not that smart lol
Apr 22, 2015 8:07 PM

Mar 2010
I don't have the anime urge everyday. But when i do get the urge to watch anime or read manga and can't. I then do feel a little bit... off.
Apr 22, 2015 8:07 PM

May 2014
Feaor said:
Apr 22, 2015 8:11 PM

Jan 2013
I watch a few times a week. Sometimes i might watch for the whole night.
Apr 22, 2015 8:24 PM

Mar 2014
I'm not addicted at all. Sorry, OP.
Apr 22, 2015 8:27 PM

Nov 2012
Feaor said:
Apr 22, 2015 8:41 PM

Sep 2014
I've been pretty addicted to anime since the beginning of this year. It's starting to fizzle down somewhat now, since I've been watching so much that I think I've worn myself out a bit.
Apr 22, 2015 8:43 PM

Aug 2009
friendlyone20 said:
What the hell is a weeb?

I remember when my computer wasn't working for 4 months. I had to watch anime on my phone. It wasn't the same as watching on my computer. For one thing, the screen is smaller. -_-
But I wasn't really a terror those 4 months because I was still able to watch anime.

I'm sooo glad that I always have some spare money to buy a used computer with. Haha.
Apr 22, 2015 8:43 PM

Nov 2014
Not much.

I'm more addicted to gaming, if anything.

Apr 22, 2015 8:48 PM

Apr 2015
I love anime.

She is my breakfast.

She is my lunch.

She is my dinner.

She is my drug.

She is my lover.

She is the air i breathe.

She is my religion.

And i cannot live without her.

..That should give you a bit of an idea about how much i'm addicted to anime.
Apr 22, 2015 8:51 PM

Feb 2015
SalvadorDali75 said:
I've been pretty addicted to anime since the beginning of this year. It's starting to fizzle down somewhat now, since I've been watching so much that I think I've worn myself out a bit.

Same, except i think im pretty new to it. Its almost been a year but the addiction is slowly dying. I'm just trying to push through shows i dont really find too interesting like no game no life. I have developed a habit of rewatching clips of my favorite shows all the time. I still have a lot on my list i kind of watch to watch though.

AzureDaora said:
Not much.

I cant get into gaming anymore. Its as if it died for me. Mostly a pc (steam) player. I might just use the vita once in a while. I kind of dropped gaming for good.
Apr 22, 2015 8:57 PM

Nov 2014
TrigT said:

AzureDaora said:
Not much.

I cant get into gaming anymore. Its as if it died for me. Mostly a pc (steam) player. I might just use the vita once in a while. I kind of dropped gaming for good.

There is still so much to play. I still want to play Okami, Astonishia story, Touhou, Fire Emblem, Generation of Chaos, etc.
I can play literal hundreds of JRPGs and other games out there and I'm not even done yet. Heck, I've played more games than I watched anime.

Apr 22, 2015 8:59 PM

Feb 2015
AzureDaora said:
TrigT said:

There is still so much to play.
I can play literal hundreds of JRPGs and other games out there and I'm not even done yet. Heck, I've played more games than I watched anime.

Yea i love rpgs and they are the best, but i mostly played cs go and dota 2. idk i just lost interest for some reason.
Apr 22, 2015 9:02 PM

May 2012
i usually read manga if i cant watch anime or just play games
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Apr 22, 2015 9:04 PM

Jul 2012
I maybe watch it once every 3-4 weeks i got really bored with it and hardly watch any shows that arent airing mecha anime
הלב שלי כבר מת
Apr 22, 2015 9:05 PM

Jun 2014
Pretty damn obsessed.
Apr 22, 2015 9:08 PM

Jan 2013
Relinquish022 said:
I love anime.

She is my breakfast.

She is my lunch.

She is my dinner.

She is my drug.

She is my lover.

She is the air i breathe.

She is my religion.

And i cannot live without her.

..That should give you a bit of an idea about how much of a weeb I am

Fixed.

I'm not addicted to anime, I can just play some games or read a good novel instead. Also, you claim to have watched One Piece 4 times since January? Sounds like a lie in my opinion.
Apr 22, 2015 9:15 PM

Nov 2014
radgeRayden said:
AzureDaora said:

There is still so much to play.

If you look at my Steam profile, I have 271 games atm. At this point, it's a lot to take... Sometimes I can't play anything because I can't decide, or I drop a game too fast because I feel like I should play my other games...
The fact I have lots of OCD doesn't help me either.

I highly doubt the bolded part. OCD is a disorder that ruins lives everywhere, having "lots" of it would be apocalyptic for a person.

I play a lot of games and I spend so much time on them. If I like a game, it's natural that I spend 60+ hours in it, even though it's complete in just 30 hours. I've spent 1000+ hours on a game that can be finished in 40 hours.
I've also played over 200 games, I have no idea how much, but I've played games since I was a little kid.
I've dropped games before definitely. Unlike anime, it's a lot harder to play through bad games.

Apr 22, 2015 9:18 PM

Jun 2014

I used to be a gamescore hunter and had to force myself through so many shitty games. Its really difficult since there were over 500 games on my list.
Apr 22, 2015 9:24 PM

May 2014
I watch anime every day during my free time so I would say I'm pretty addicted. x)
Apr 22, 2015 9:35 PM

Nov 2012
i watch it all the time, but i wouldn't say i'm addicted. except it's a really good show...
Apr 22, 2015 9:35 PM

Nov 2014
radgeRayden said:
AzureDaora said:

I highly doubt the bolded part. OCD is a disorder that ruins lives everywhere, having "lots" of it would be apocalyptic for a person.

I was... exaggerating.
I have like, two. They're not physically manifested, as people tend to think of it, but rather mental, like listing everything and completing stuff in games, etc. They're also not in a high degree of obsessiveness, but enough to warrant a diagnosis.

Phew, you don't have to point at me like that.

Edit: having one OCD is lots of OCD.

Well, I didn't mean to point at you or anything. You should watch either documentaries or Kuuchuu Buranko (an anime about illnesses and disorders) to know more about it. Or just read more about it.

"Lots" of OCD infers that you have high obsessiveness on some things.

Apr 22, 2015 9:47 PM

Feb 2015
AzureDaora said:
radgeRayden said:

If you look at my Steam profile, I have 271 games atm. At this point, it's a lot to take... Sometimes I can't play anything because I can't decide, or I drop a game too fast because I feel like I should play my other games...
The fact I have lots of OCD doesn't help me either.

I play a lot of games and I spend so much time on them. If I like a game, it's natural that I spend 60+ hours in it, even though it's complete in just 30 hours. I've spent 1000+ hours on a game that can be finished in 40 hours.
I've also played over 200 games, I have no idea how much, but I've played games since I was a little kid.
I've dropped games before definitely. Unlike anime, it's a lot harder to play through bad games.

Same can be said for me. Especially rpgs, those who love it would take longer than what is required to finish the game. And ur right that it is harder to play through bad games than watching bad anime. But even with all my time spent on games, it just came to a halt because i got bored. I'll probably start sticking to rpgs exclusively. That is if im not watching anime during my free time lol.
Apr 22, 2015 10:07 PM

Sep 2014
to the point i often skip uni to sit at home and watch
Apr 22, 2015 10:14 PM

Dec 2014
im just a bit
Apr 22, 2015 10:48 PM

Nov 2014
"yeah whatever"
Apr 22, 2015 11:06 PM

Mar 2015
I used to be really addicted to anime. Then I started losing interest.
Huh? Don't give me that look!
Apr 22, 2015 11:06 PM

Sep 2013
I just spend 4 hours a day everyday on it, yeah whatever.
Apr 22, 2015 11:26 PM

Feb 2013
i don't watch much
Apr 22, 2015 11:38 PM

Sep 2014
I need daily dose of anime, an episode a day will do..

Flames slowly die. Embers turns to ash. Heat turns cold.
As I close my eyes, visions of past flash before me. I open my eyes; all I see is black, white, and gray.
Apr 22, 2015 11:57 PM

Jun 2014
I got into anime at the same time I created my profile here: June 2014. It's all still new and exciting to me, and I've watched heaps of anime I absolutely adore. I wouldn't say I'm addicted to it in the sense that if I was deprived of it, I'd go stir crazy: that honour goes to my books.

However, I really enjoy watching it, and I've seen some anime that I just absolutely adore, like my heart just leaps with joy whenever I think about those shows. I can go a couple of weeks without watching anything and then come straight back and watching anime feels like sinking into a hot bath on a cold day.

So I don't know how to explain, really, my thoughts and feelings toward anime. It's more than just plain enjoyment, less than addiction. It's somewhere sitting comfortably in the middle.
Apr 22, 2015 11:57 PM

Apr 2013
I'm not very addicted, I just watch anime when I'm bored or I am eating. And I'm bored very often at the moment ._.
Apr 23, 2015 12:23 AM

Dec 2011
Solo_Penguin said:
I used to be really addicted to anime. Then I started losing interest.

Yup. Most shows each season seem to be aimed towards the middle/high school populace. It gets a little painful to watch high school themed plots when you're not in high school anymore.

I stick around for the occasional gems (Gintama, Psycho-Pass).
Apr 23, 2015 12:27 AM

Apr 2014
Yeah, it occurred to me lately that anime is pretty drug-like. People speak of "hours watched", like anime is some sort of largely uniform entity to be consumed, as opposed to a medium through which actual content is seen and judged on its own merits. I'm not immune to it. I get this need for "anime" in general. No one ever gets a hankering for "Western cartoons".
Apr 23, 2015 1:45 AM

Jul 2014
I can quit whenever I want, I swear!
Apr 23, 2015 3:01 AM

Nov 2011
Not addicted at all, in fact I'd like to be more addicted now, I need to keep my mind busy with some shit but I can't get myself to watch anime all the time, I just get bored and drop most anime I watch, it's ironic but true.
I luv u
Apr 23, 2015 3:18 AM
Feb 2014
friendlyone20 said:

Goodness get help.
Apr 23, 2015 4:52 AM
Dec 2013
Pretty addicted. I watch anime every day, and have stopped watching Western TV shows (including The Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad) so I can focus on anime. I think about anime all day, every day too.
wildhoodApr 23, 2015 5:17 AM
Apr 23, 2015 4:54 AM

Jun 2014
Very addicted since day one.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Apr 23, 2015 4:57 AM

Apr 2015
I'm so addicted in anime that I just keeping watching it......
#CHEXIT
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

37 by Bandulf »»
52 seconds ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 49 minutes ago

11 by bevarnow »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you have any favorite opening or ending animations?

RobertBobert - 3 hours ago

10 by Daviljoe193 »»
8 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Yesterday

25 by xthewarwithinx »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 9 hours ago

37 by Bandulf »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.