Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 16, 2015 1:55 AM
Jan 2011
That was screwed up. He was getting molested all over the place. And that crazy sister of his used being the breadwinner to do whatever she wanted. Especially ordering him around and molesting him.
Apr 16, 2015 3:52 AM

Jul 2014
albertrojas said:

Unfortunately for you guys who hated those parts of Kajitsu, it's pretty much important if we're following the Eden timeline.

My anger at Kajitsu has nothing to do with the time line, it has with the butchering of every character apart from Amane. The omitted parts of all their backstories made all those episodes completely worthless.

Anyway, Kajitsu is the better VN out of the three (by miles and miles) so it's the most important one to get right. Not stuff a 13-ep adaptation full of anime original tasteless fanservice and omit 85% of the character's backstories.
Apr 16, 2015 7:57 AM

Mar 2014
So do you guys think someone should wait for the VN's release to watch Meikyuu and Rakuen or this was satisfying enough to watch it first?
Apr 16, 2015 9:24 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
danae17 said:
So do you guys think someone should wait for the VN's release to watch Meikyuu and Rakuen or this was satisfying enough to watch it first?
Meikyuu is basically a fandisc which has tons of After Stories and omakes etcetera in it as well, but those aren't really relevant to the main story so you can do that later, no problem. You don't need to wait for the VN translation just for those. As far as the main story goes though, then yeah this was a pretty good adaptation I think. Not all of it was adapted but the rest should just be airing in the first episode or two of Rakuen's adaptation instead so it should be fine. Sooooo I'd probably say you can just watch it right now, though either works of course.

As far as Rakuen's full adaptation goes though..... well who knows, I guess we'll find out in a few weeks
Apr 16, 2015 10:48 AM

Mar 2014
HaXXspetten said:
danae17 said:
Meikyuu is basically a fandisc which has tons of After Stories and omakes etcetera in it as well, but those aren't really relevant to the main story so you can do that later, no problem. You don't need to wait for the VN translation just for those. As far as the main story goes though, then yeah this was a pretty good adaptation I think. Not all of it was adapted but the rest should just be airing in the first episode or two of Rakuen's adaptation instead so it should be fine. Sooooo I'd probably say you can just watch it right now, though either works of course.

As far as Rakuen's full adaptation goes though..... well who knows, I guess we'll find out in a few weeks

I see, thanks. Then I will watch this as soon as I finish Makina's route. I will probably read the VN too when it gets translated since I really like Yuuji's inner monologues. Still, it's good to hear that many of you who have read Meikyuu were satisfied with this adaptation, I hope 8bit keeps it up in Rakuen too.
Apr 16, 2015 11:37 AM

Jan 2012
danae17 said:
HaXXspetten said:

I see, thanks. Then I will watch this as soon as I finish Makina's route. I will probably read the VN too when it gets translated since I really like Yuuji's inner monologues. Still, it's good to hear that many of you who have read Meikyuu were satisfied with this adaptation, I hope 8bit keeps it up in Rakuen too.

I agree completely with HaXXspetten.

I never would recommend Kajitsu anime before Kajitsu VN, in fact i wouldnt recommend it either way xD
But the serious problems are gone in Meikyuu adaption. Its watchable and ya will get the richer experience afterwards with the vn.

Rakuen should be fine as well after seein' Meikyuu, but yeah its too early too say for the full adaption. The episode constraint doesnt matter this time.

I simply hope we wont see any pissin' fetishes anymore. It seems like 8bit learned after the Kajitsu failure as they missed a big opportunity for such a scene in Meikyuu^^
sanleiApr 16, 2015 11:49 AM
Apr 16, 2015 12:53 PM

Jun 2012
Awesome episode!
Apr 17, 2015 4:51 AM

Jan 2012
Good lord Yuuji's past was dark! That was...just plain difficult to watch. You'd think after all the girls had to deal with with their pasts in the first series that I wouldn't be so shocked anymore but this...well yeah. It was pretty brutal, messed up stuff certainly. If I had a complaint it would be the misleading preview art for this. Going in blind as I was I expected much of this would focus on Yuuji's days with Asako, but we only got her finding him at the end. I know we got some of that back in the first series but I still hoped for an expanded version here, but oh well. The girls barely appeared, but I'm gonna guess they'll be front and center again in the new season coming up, along with that Oslo guy of course. 7/10
Apr 17, 2015 1:03 PM

Apr 2010
I feel like i just watched a fucked up movie.
I wasn't expecting this but i can't say it was bad, it was a decent watch tho i wonder what this tells me about the upcoming episodes/season.
Either this might be very interesting or it might be bad, tho i doubt it's the later.
Apr 17, 2015 3:54 PM

Jul 2011
A really fucked up past...

It was so good that I never felt the 50 minutes.
Apr 17, 2015 5:29 PM

Jul 2009
From Bad to Worse: The Anime
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Apr 17, 2015 5:34 PM

Feb 2013
Some of that was... uncomfortable to watch. Incest and pedophiles, watch out!

Solid the whole way through. Not boring at all (not "great" either). Same as the previous series... the good parts.
Apr 17, 2015 8:44 PM

Aug 2011
Incest ftw, Kazuki best girl by far.

There will be an uncesored version of this special? For scientific purposes i ask.
Apr 17, 2015 11:19 PM

Oct 2010
Now that's how its done. Other anime should take notes from these writers and directors. A taboo relationship; Fucked up childhood; action. Damn, this show was packed with entertainment.
Apr 19, 2015 9:16 AM

Apr 2012
This is pretty good actually. The flash back is fascinating.

Just how tragic is this guy's past, though...
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 19, 2015 11:43 AM

Apr 2014
So more of Yuuji's past unfold.
Nice learning about how he become such badass.
Overall nice episode.
Apr 19, 2015 5:31 PM

Jun 2014
that rape scene was sort of strange with the censorship, it's like the GTA hot coffee mod, no pants are taken off
Apr 19, 2015 10:19 PM

Feb 2010
I liked the wincest in this, noice
Apr 20, 2015 10:15 AM

Apr 2012
This was pretty good. Better than some episodes in the TV series. Yuuji's past is fairly interesting and fucked up.
Apr 22, 2015 3:57 AM
Dec 2012
This is what you call a Great story. Much better than the rushed Kajitsu. Didn't know that Yuuji has such complicated & tragic past, terrorist to a counter-terrorist? This story is fked up on so many levels. Damn pedos everywhere... I can agree that Kazuki is like a god rather than a human. I would like to have a Nee-chan like her though(Which hand do you use when you kill a man?) wow. I really don't know what I should feel about this 1 episode...
GBSHITMALANDGNApr 22, 2015 4:21 AM
Apr 22, 2015 11:41 AM

Oct 2008
Epic episode! feels like a movie.
Now we've learned all about Yuuji's past. Damn! they executed it perfectly.
Oh look a CheyTac Intervention M-200 sniper rifle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CheyTac_Intervention) Very cool! it is said to be one of the most accurate and longest range sniper rifles. It is also an anti-personnel rifle but not as powerful as the Barret.
The childhood days of Yuuji was totally hell! but at least Yuuji's sister Kazuki really loves him and totaly cares for him to the point where kissing between the two of them was a normal thing.
Yuuji's parents treated him very harsly because of the difference between the perfect Kazuki.
The tragedy of Kazuki made the parents of Yuuji go totally broken, drunkard father, abusive. Then the father found-out where they were temporarily residing and assaulted again the mother and that finally made Yuuji decide to kill his father. As a result the mother couldn't take it anymore and went suicide until Yuuji found-out the suicide note. Very san.
OMG Trap Yuuji very harsh and was parented by the twisted perverted sexual deviant Kirihara Rei.
So, that was the boss of the terrorist organization that made Yuuji a professional assassin.
Also sad that Marlin is also one of the fallen recruits one their first job.
All the assassination that Yuuji did made the CIA notice the efforts of this terrorist organization leading him to the one called Asako (Yuuji's master)
Faylan ED was awesome!
After the ED, It was also nice to see the girls of Mihama Academy.
10/10.

Apr 24, 2015 4:58 PM
Apr 2014
This became even more fucked up in just 40 minutes than I expected.

Anyway. More of it is always welcome :D
Apr 29, 2015 12:49 PM

Oct 2012
Nice movie, kinda disturbing in many way I would say. Loss, murder, abuse, rape, we got almost everything. But I like it, they made it well. Only the end was little too open-ended but as I guess it's the same in the novel so it's okay. And the anime continues with Rakuen anyway, so I guess it's fine.

It's good to know Yuuji's past finally.. even though almost everything was already sketeched roughly in the first game. But he surely had it tough. And seeing Marlin die was really strong moment.

7/10
Apr 30, 2015 10:04 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I liked this episode quite a bit. From Kazuki's interactions at home, to Yuuji's life with blondie.

Honestly, how messed up could those parents be. Only giving Yuuji a piece of bread. I felt bad for him in that scene.

Poor Yuuji lived an abused life. I found it a bit disturbing how blondie went through Yuuji's private and then licked his hands in one scene. So disgusting and creepy. Overall, I was satisfied with the episode, especially Kazuki's part. We got to see more of her personality at home and at school.

Good to see the other girls at the end. I wonder who will be the most surprised once they read the shredded papers.

May 2, 2015 8:45 PM

Oct 2013
Glad to see Canada getting some serious added rep! Before this the next best thing we had was the Polar Bear from Shirokuma Cafe (though he is pretty dope).
May 3, 2015 4:43 PM

Aug 2008
I did not expect that whatsoever. And I watched it before going to work, too. I really regret doing that.
May 19, 2015 10:54 AM

Jan 2011
identity depression, domestic violence, sexual abuse by ossan, illegal child labor

... he sure had it tough. well at the very least he has his older sister.. oh wait
May 24, 2015 4:42 AM

Mar 2008
they turned my favorite character (Kazuki) into someone who is into incest with her brother.... >_< *cries and hides in a corner*
anyway, this was pretty good and made me really like Yuuji. I like how despite all the shit that happened to him, he still remained such a strong person.
Asako looks like a cool person, looking forward to Rakuen~
Jun 6, 2015 9:30 PM
Feb 2015
Lots of background info on Yuuji. He lost his mother from suicide and he killed his abusive, drunk father. We already know that he lost his sister. Lots of incest between them as well, but he was just doing whatever his sister wanted to do. I liked how she stood up for him and I hated his dad.

The guy that adopted him is nuts... Like wtf is wrong with him. Is he really obsessed with yuuji's sister??? Yuuji was sent to camp and he was really good. Can't belive that his final test is to kill marlin... Good thing it didn't happen but she ended up dying....

Wow so that is how yuuji met his master

Now this makes sence, season 1 ended with that weird adopting guy coming back to yuuji? Looking forward to it
VoltMALJun 6, 2015 9:34 PM
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 10, 2015 2:28 PM

Aug 2013
Well, I think I can say something for sure : Yuuji will kill Oslo by himself. At least, I sure hope so. Fuck that dude.

And Kazuki was such the perfect nee-san. Well, except if you particuliarly despise incest stuff, then she is worst nee-san. But seriously though, she really loved her brother, to the point where I'm sure she would have made him pass before everything else. Also, you could say that she would probably be happy to hear that her best-friend became her brother girlfriend.

I would really have liked to see more of Asako. Come on, don't leave us hanging like! It looked like she would be the center of that special :/
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 11, 2015 7:35 AM

Jan 2015
Yuuji is the only MC i have seen in any harem anime/manga that legitimately deserves a harem
Jun 23, 2015 5:20 PM

Oct 2014
this ova made elfen lied like a children's story

when yuuji's mum got raped, then killed herself, i fucking cried buckets
LunoireJun 23, 2015 5:40 PM
Jul 1, 2015 6:02 AM

Aug 2011
I guess shota Yuuji got raped many times. Also, the incest-theme wasn't uncovered properly.
ReFordJul 1, 2015 6:07 AM
Jul 14, 2015 6:20 AM

May 2012
Very impressive backstory and I just love the atmosphere of this anime franchise! Really looking forward to see what the second season will offer us but this ova sure was great!
Jul 16, 2015 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
reeeb said:
That incest scene......... nice

That's exactly what I was thinking haha

But damn, talk about a fucked up past. Almost, if not equally as fucked up as Guts' past from Berserk. That's saying a lot. But this kept me interested all the way through, which is more than I can say for a lot of anime.
removed-userJul 16, 2015 3:04 PM
Jul 23, 2015 4:32 PM

Apr 2012
Wow, that is one of the most messed up back stories I have ever seen... so much so that it felt kind of absurd. It's almost like they couldn't decide what tragic past to give our MC and just decided to use every idea they had come up with. Still, it was a solid episode - not great but decent. It seemed like it should have had more of an emotional impact but I really did not feel it; and it was pretty heavy handed as far as the presentation goes. But it made for an interesting enough story and has me ready to start the next season. I'll give it a strong 6 for now.
Aug 25, 2015 9:29 PM
Jun 2014
That incest kiss was hot.
Sep 21, 2015 8:24 PM

Dec 2008
Wow! I was totally not expecting this to be as dramatic as it was. Poor Yuuji. His existence has been fucked from the very beginning.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 20, 2015 9:07 AM

Sep 2014
Wow that was pretty good.

TBH I have some doubts of starting the sequel, so far flashbacks > current story.

Why did the girls steal the script for this special at the end, lol
Dec 29, 2015 10:08 AM

May 2013
I got really creep out when the blonde dude let Yuuji dress up as his sister and the blonde dude was harassing him really creepy i hope that blonde dude dies
Jan 1, 2016 2:14 AM

Dec 2012
That was amazing. Yuuji had a fucked up past. Shitty father. Shitty mom. Superior sister.

So where does Kazuki's hair color come from? I assume mom dyed her hair or grandparents?

Don't tell me Yuuji's mom was working as a......Nah, it couldn't be.

Damn. Shitty dad had mom legs up for days.

I thought Oslo was going to be a cool character considering his character design, but he was just a gay little boy toucher with a Kazuki fetish. :D

DAT KISS SCENE! DAT TONGUE! INCEST IS WINCEST! INCEST IS THE NICEST!
RobJan 1, 2016 2:16 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 5, 2016 3:18 PM

Jan 2011
Yuuji was not the brightest as a kid. "If i had passed the exam, would Marlin still be alive" - Uh, did you forget that you didn't pass because you didn't *kill* her? People die if you kill them, you know.

And Sachi is something else, too. According to what she said, she first started to put the shredded papers together (for whatever reason, she didn't mention *that*), and "inadvertently" looked over them. I wonder how she managed to put the scraps in the right order without looking at them deliberately.
Feb 22, 2016 9:32 PM

May 2014
Kazuki being jealous made the episode. Though, the artwork, especially character design and facial expressions could have really been done better with the great voice actors.

Incest is wincest in this situation. Kazuki definitely was the BEST GIRL. I support this fullheartedly.

Tragic. Drug usage, though Heath Oslo seems like a pretty cool character. I hope Yuuji DOESN't meet up with him anytime soon. I wouldn't want a melodramatic "don't kill me". But if the encounter is good, wow this show defies my expectations.
May 18, 2016 2:00 PM

Mar 2012
Glad they are keeping up the momentum built at the end of the last season, was pretty worried this was going to start reverting back to what was the first half of the last season which was terrible. Definitely surprising how dark this is getting...pretty good so far.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
May 19, 2016 2:49 AM

Jul 2013
Good to know more about Yuuji. He really did went through a lot. Also, Kazuki's really a great sister. I want more Asako though.. she's hot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 22, 2016 9:02 PM
Apr 2013
Very interesting episode. Glad to find out more about Yuuji and his family's past.

AND NOW THE REST OF THE GIRLS CAN FIND OUT ABOUT IT TOO.

Quick thinking from Sachi.

He wasn't treated well at all, but was able to learn a lot from the experience.

AND YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY, INCEST IS WINCEST. ;^) Asako is pretty damn fine too. MMM.

TO season 2, KEEP IT UP, 8BIT.

11/10
Aug 9, 2016 2:13 AM

Mar 2015
Anything can happen in this episode huh? Domestic violence, rape, incest, Yaoi and cross dress :o

I never expect his harem to include her big sis, Yuuji is sugoi.

He also had unfortunate past which makes his all harem candidate also has tragic past as well.

4.4/5

Overall: 9/10
Aug 23, 2016 1:40 PM

Apr 2013
I thought this would be more about his master and their training, but it was everything of his past but that ^^
Aug 28, 2016 8:26 AM

Feb 2015
I just loved how mature the story is. "Despair"
Yuuji's life is full of despair from the beginning. well, not really from the beginning but it was growing slowly. and when his sister died, that was when the land mines blew everything up and started the despair train. Yuuji's mother...i don't know how to say but at least i can say one thing about her, i feel bad about her. literally, like what JB said about her, she has a very weak mental personality which made e feel very bad for her. and somehow, makes me wants to save her. it's kinda painfull just to watch her getting hit everytime by her husband to buy alcohol. she never get mad to her own husband. always making those sorry face. and in the end she got raped just a bit by her husband while her son watching her getting raped. glad that her son wrecked that assholes head with alcohol bottle. but unfortunately, his mother, at that point, she already gave up on life and was planning to kill her self and her hundband, so that her son can lead a life without a problem but actually nope.

it was mature, but in a perspective from a 10/12 years old kid. that's what i like about grisaia. the story looks mature and dark.

i have no words for the terrorist school camp tbh. all i can say is that, it was so cruel, especially for the girls. really, never expected to see a girl in that kind of place, so that surpsied me well. and obvious she will die. that's obvious. but the events before yuuji went into that school, he actually got raped by an old guy for various times in a girls drees ?!?!?! lol i thought that was his sister but actually it was him.

overall, i enjoyed it so much.
on to the second season xD
9/10
Sep 4, 2016 2:27 PM

Feb 2010
This was unexpectedly really good

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» VN or ANIME.Which should i watch/play first

DualWieldKiritoX - May 20, 2021

7 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 20, 8:49 PM

» Question about the VN

Nickk1095 - Apr 16, 2015

8 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Sep 26, 2022 10:05 PM

» ED Full Size ?

Volt_Tln - Feb 3, 2019

3 by Licht_09 »»
Jan 10, 2021 11:27 PM

» Grisaia series

Vinda - Jun 29, 2015

4 by Arturio »»
Jun 30, 2015 2:54 PM

» Grisaia no Meikyuu

Yankale - Apr 12, 2015

4 by 00001111010101 »»
Apr 13, 2015 6:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.