Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2015 3:20 PM

Nov 2013
Is there a single anime-only viewer who thought that Caster's backstory was useless filler?
Apr 11, 2015 3:21 PM

Jul 2009
haha y'all are so buttmad

I liked the expansion on Caster's backstory (even though apparently a chunk was cut for broadcast) and the rooftop stuff was awesome
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Apr 11, 2015 3:21 PM

Oct 2014
ZeroDragon said:
Linkark07 said:
And that is why I love to hate that blonde prick.

Looks like there's a mongrel to execute.

Ah, King of Heros, you gonna have more gifs at your disposal from now on, right?
Apr 11, 2015 3:24 PM

May 2012
Tingle35 said:
That 12 mins filler felt very unnecessary and we did't even got caster's backstory. And it seems that the 7 mins BD content aren't going to be about her backstory at all. Bazett reference was nice though. The other half wasn't bad I guess. I'll give this episode a 3/5

What was Bazett reference ?
Apr 11, 2015 3:25 PM

Mar 2015
Really?You're kidding me right?
After a good start last week we now get this episode...filler-content,weak backstory,tone-shifts.The last minutes were okay though,mainly due to my favourite character getting some action.I really don't know what I should expect from the next episode now.I was dying to see it next week,but now I'm worried they'll screw it up.I'm salty ;(
_HeroKenzan_Apr 11, 2015 3:30 PM
Apr 11, 2015 3:25 PM

Mar 2014
Zer01 said:
StrawberryRain said:

use a spoiler tag

Whoops my bad. Edited my post with spoiler tags. :D
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Apr 11, 2015 3:28 PM

Apr 2014
Shrimperor said:
ZeroDragon said:

Ah, King of Heros, you gonna have more gifs at your disposal from now on, right?

Indeed, Emperor of Shrimps.
Apr 11, 2015 3:33 PM

Jul 2013
thepath said:
Tingle35 said:
That 12 mins filler felt very unnecessary and we did't even got caster's backstory. And it seems that the 7 mins BD content aren't going to be about her backstory at all. Bazett reference was nice though. The other half wasn't bad I guess. I'll give this episode a 3/5

What was Bazett reference ?

F/HA Spoilers:

ZeroDragon said:
Shrimperor said:

Indeed, Emperor of Shrimps.

Rejoice, for now and in the coming episodes, you're gonna end up with a wide assortment to choose from~

Apr 11, 2015 3:34 PM

May 2009
Hetment said:
umm can anyone please reply to my question.
Hetment said:

My question is- Has Caster's magical energy depleted because of fighting with Lancer?
I guess so. That and her not having a master to replenish her magic juice.

Apr 11, 2015 3:39 PM

Sep 2013
ZeroDragon said:

That is an awesome punchline XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2015 3:41 PM

Dec 2014
Zulkir said:
BanterBus said:

Why so much Shinji hate. :(

Hes not that bad in UBW.

Nah, he is worst in UBW

He got an appropriate treatment in F/HA though.

Good. More reason to read HA.
Apr 11, 2015 3:43 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.
Caster had a previous master before Kuzuki became the new one.
Lol at Rin getting blasted away from Illyasviel's trap.
Shinji making a death defying entrance.
Berserker vs Gil next week.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 11, 2015 3:43 PM

Nov 2013
Lollo36 said:
Is there a single anime-only viewer who thought that Caster's backstory was useless filler?
Not really no.
Apr 11, 2015 3:44 PM

Jul 2013
Hetment said:
umm can anyone please reply to my question.
Because I really believe this is important plot point?
Minor but bit important.
Hetment said:

First of all...
I like how we get to see Caster's master... BUT... wasnt he shown a bit... too much? Considering that his role is to show WHY he hated media doesnt require that much stuff.
And secondly, this is something which is a bit... of a question of mine too.
See I dont mind if 100% VN copy is not done. I like that new innovation is done and all... But wasnt Caster's master MAIN problem with Caster was that she is a better mage? For mages, a mage better than them is a jealousy beyond limit. Yes, in anime we could see the jealousy but in VN he ouright USED a command spell to limit Caster's magic.
AND because of that logically speaking, Caster had problem with mana after she killed her Master.( I read the scene yesterday so it's fresh)
My question is- Has Caster's magical energy depleted because of fighting with Lancer?
I HIGHLY doubt it since the VN readers CLEARLY know what Lancer appearing there might mean

So what I want to say is... it's a minor ( though intermediate) plot hole. Caster would NOT run of magical energy without having it already lower due to command spell....Remember Caster's master used spell for RULE BREAKER not for magic energy.
Just saying something logical. Not that VN VN copy 100% stuff. This IS important plot point.

Hmm...

Apr 11, 2015 3:46 PM

May 2009
HeroKenzan20 said:
I was dying to see it next week,but now I'm worried they'll screw it up.I'm salty ;(
Next week will be great. Believe it!
Apr 11, 2015 3:46 PM

May 2012
CookingPriest said:
Welp...This episode could be described as "Rushing continues or Holy Pointless Filler Batman"....
- Caster's backstory doe snot even fit the description of "abridged". It literally is NOT THERE. None of her characterization nor parts that would make us care about. Instead we get.
- Holy Casual Racism Batman. Yay for a misogynist muslim with a typical harem. What the fuck Miura. And of course...
- Servant LEvel Shinji. Servant Level Shinji. Servant Level Shinji. I can't stop fucking laughing at this bs. xD well this confirms this as less canon than Prillya.
- And the spoilers of unfit comedic timing seconds from gore were correct. Well I have no hope for fitting emotional scenes after this now. Who the fuck places a comedic gag seconds before beheading and gore? No one sane for sure. The tone shift were jarring and amateurish
- Caster flashbacks were utterly weak and of course all of hr past was cut and we got to put up with racist portrayal of unspecified arabian/muslim person. Of course the only POC in the show is a dick.

Useless and rushed filler episode. Most of it - anime original content. Most of anime original content - useless.
And none of stuff that mattered was adapted.

This literally felt like written and directed by five year old because who the hell puts COMEDY GAGS that close to "Srs" gore? WHO?

When the only good thing in the episode was THE MOST HATED CHARACTER IN WHOLE FRANCHISE(Shinji) you know it was a trainwreck.

But HEY ! AT least we got THE ONLY REAL TRUE CANON RIN MOMENT IN WHOLE SHOW SO FAR, where Rin, LE GASP! IS not perfect and fucks up majorily.

...Evil Muslims and Servant Level Shinji........................I think I will go insane from this shit....

2/5

Portraying an arab or muslim with harem = racist ?! LOL. I'm middle eastern myself, and I don't care.

Also, how do you know that this blond dude is arab or muslim ?! Did I miss something, because I just did not notice that when I watch the episode.
Apr 11, 2015 3:51 PM

Oct 2013
Well so much for seeing Lancer again.. So is Kirei his master? Still haven't figured it out lol.

Great episode, Gilgamesh doing his thing like always, not giving a single fuck.

Can't wait for the fight to start.
RainesApr 11, 2015 4:01 PM

Apr 11, 2015 3:55 PM

Jul 2007
iAmZiro said:
Well so much for seeing Lancer again.. (So is Kirei his master? Still haven't figured it out lol.)

Great episode, SPOILER doing his thing like always, not giving a single fuck.

Can't wait for the fight to start.

That name is a spoiler.
Apr 11, 2015 3:58 PM
Feb 2014
Lollo36 said:

Judging by reviews on youtube, anime-only viewers like it for the most part. There was one guy who said he didn't care about it but he didn't hate it either.
Apr 11, 2015 3:59 PM

Jul 2007
Jtiger987 said:
Lollo36 said:

Judging by reviews on youtube, anime-only viewers like it for the most part. There was one guy who said he didn't care about it but he didn't hate it either.

most of anime onlies either do not care, got the wrong idea about caster or are outright confused.
Apr 11, 2015 3:59 PM

Mar 2015
stAtic91 said:
HeroKenzan20 said:
I was dying to see it next week,but now I'm worried they'll screw it up.I'm salty ;(
Next week will be great. Believe it!

I want to believe with all my heart,but I fear to be disappointed.
_HeroKenzan_Apr 11, 2015 4:05 PM
Apr 11, 2015 4:04 PM

Apr 2012
Is the next episode

?
Apr 11, 2015 4:04 PM

Oct 2014
Chelly_ said:
Is the next episode

?

Yes.
Apr 11, 2015 4:05 PM

May 2009
nocorras said:
Chelly_ said:
Is the next episode

?

Yes.
Not according to pre-screening people.
Apr 11, 2015 4:05 PM

Oct 2012
So, technically, this episode was mostly filler. But good one. Lot of great animation this time.

They were creative again and they did a good job. Not telling Caster's past story but telling her present story instead, that was nice decision. And those ancient walls that told Medea's story was also great addition.

Kotomine is badass again. And his smile here was just great. Many implications. But that's meant as reference for the next series.

And the scene with Rin walking into spark trap, I just died laughing there :D

It was also great hearing Liz talk, they really nailed her speech. Liked the fast close up to Sella when Gil arrived. Too bad they didn't live long enough to get more screentime.

And dat falling Shinji, that was pure bliss :))

The end was epic as always, Gil being OP again. Great episode.
Apr 11, 2015 4:11 PM

Dec 2013
Didn't care for caster's backstory. But THAT ending!

So hyped for Gilgamesh owning Berserker!

Next episode we'll probably see THAT scene!
Apr 11, 2015 4:12 PM

Jan 2013
Needed more Caster backstory. They really could have fit more of it in if they didn't have the comedic (added) scenes with Shinji. Great episode otherwise.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Apr 11, 2015 4:27 PM

Feb 2015
i can't wait ~!

Gate of Babylon vs. Berserker

Apr 11, 2015 4:28 PM

Oct 2014
Tobinami said:
i can't wait ~!

The Great Half God Hercules

Berserker's identity was revealed. The other isnt
Apr 11, 2015 4:32 PM

Jun 2012
Good episode. I had my issues, but overall they're just minor gripes.

As a VN reader I'd give the episode a 7 to a 7.5

Rin's scene was hilarious.
Apr 11, 2015 4:47 PM

May 2012
CookingPriest said:
Jtiger987 said:

most of anime onlies either do not care, got the wrong idea about caster or are outright confused.

So now YOU decide what the right idea is? I'm sorry since when did YOU decide how people are supposed to interpret things? Who exactly are you anyway, seriously. Why do you think you get to decide ANYTHING?
Apr 11, 2015 4:51 PM

Jan 2014
I'm so gar with Gilgamesh. The perfect seme. Make me an uke.

Lol.
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Apr 11, 2015 4:57 PM
Aug 2014
Sella is so beautiful girl, sadly has to die.
Apr 11, 2015 5:00 PM

Mar 2015
What's up with all the spoilers in this thread?Iirc you are not supposed to know who this guy is...
Apr 11, 2015 5:04 PM

Oct 2014
HeroKenzan20 said:
What's up with all the spoilers in this thread?Iirc you are not supposed to know who this guy is...

Posted too many times to bother going through 15 pages to report them all to be spoilered -_-
Apr 11, 2015 5:06 PM

Mar 2014
Stark700 said:

hawt
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 11, 2015 5:08 PM

Aug 2008
Really, the Caster backstory was good, and should be treasured more considering we VN readers had no details about it. This is new material here for us.

Apr 11, 2015 5:13 PM

Oct 2009
Me @ ~17:00 damn more secondary characters that will slow down the plot... me @ 21:00 thank you Gil!! <3.
Apr 11, 2015 5:16 PM
Oct 2014
Good ol Goldy. Aint much to say. Fate and Ufo will be Fate and Ufo.
Apr 11, 2015 5:18 PM

Apr 2014
First half felt like I was watching an Akame ga kill episode when they attempted to make the viewer feel bad about Caster. I didnt care about caster's part but that ending made it go for me when Gilgamesh finally came.

Anyways I feel like the studio cut something out before the two maids died.
Apr 11, 2015 5:23 PM

Jul 2007
Kenju said:
Really, the Caster backstory was good, and should be treasured more considering we VN readers had no details about it. This is new material here for us.

Not really. We know exactly the same amount as in VN.

Anime onlies know actually LESS because the backstory that matters was not covered.
Apr 11, 2015 5:33 PM

Oct 2014
NEXT EPISODE HYPE!
Apr 11, 2015 5:36 PM

Jun 2013
Most of this episode was crap. Who the hell cares about caster

RIP Illya, I doubt she can do anything against Gilgamesh
Apr 11, 2015 5:36 PM

Oct 2014
Interesting to know more about Casters backstory but I felt that they gave too much screentime to her former master since it didn't give that much.

Sad that the first encounter between KuzukixCaster didn't last longer. Nice to see that they both seem to be softer than they look. Just like what Archer said about Caster being a softie and Kuzuki who had that talk about strangers life not having any value to him in ep 10 yet he helps a stranger, they fit each other better than expected lol. Did Kuzuki really become a master just to help Caster find the grail? If anything happens to either of them I'm going to cry ;_;

No Archer this ep. but it was interesting to know that he knows a lot about the other servants, too much even? Like how did he even get that information, will be so excited to see what he will be doing next.

And finally that blonde servant makes his entrance, been waiting since the 1st season where he only creeped around. Dat power tho, looks like another sword creating servant, awesome.

Did not expect to see Shitji, is he seriously still a master since I'm not sure if he even has command seals for his servant. Why was he even brought along o.o

Illya who seemed so cold inthe 1st season is now really cute in my eyes, her scene with the maids made her so much more likeable! Also just when you got to know the maids they got killed off, my heart seriosuly ached for them. :(

And what does Illya even gain by joining forces with two ex-masters since it will only work to her disadvantage. She could probably kill them both when they meet so I'm not sure about this decision :/

Soo excited for the next episode!:)
AnondesuuApr 11, 2015 5:42 PM
Apr 11, 2015 5:42 PM

Sep 2014
CAN SERVANTS KILL SHINJI?

okay fillers but it didn't really add much to the table, would have much preferred it if they went more into her history as a person and a little less of her history with the previous master. If they were trying to make her sympathetic they didnt really do much for that. This goes back into the whole exchanging fanservice for characterization. not that caster has to go full on abused waifu mode but if they were gonna go through the trouble as to add some filler like this they can at least characterize her more. the pacing wasnt nearly as bad as the previous one. so far this second half feels like i'm watching american sniper. once again this series continues to be mostly fanservice at the expense of character.

so for this ep i'd say 4/5

and just a little bit of poinless fanboy gripping. Why the hell is that magus using technology? technology is an abomination to a mage it's just world inconsistency.
MaloghurstApr 11, 2015 5:46 PM
Apr 11, 2015 5:43 PM

Mar 2015
Maloghurst said:

okay fillers but it didn't really add much to the table, would have much preferred it if they went more into her history as a person and a little less of her history with the previous master. If they were trying to make her sympathetic they didnt really do much for that. This goes back into the whole exchanging fanservice for characterization. not that caster has to go full on abused waifu mode but if they were gonna go through the trouble as to add some filler like this they can at least characterize her more. the pacing wasnt nearly as bad as the previous one. so far this second half feels like i'm watching american sniper. once again this series continues to be mostly fanservice at the expense of character.

They would need plus 100 episodes to properly adaptate caster legend
Apr 11, 2015 5:44 PM

Dec 2007
This episode was amazing. It's taking everything we know and retelling it in a new interesting way. I am just sad that as an avid TM fan I come into this thread and see so many of my like disappointed.

Just some points I have to make:
One, If UFOtable were to include Caster's whole past it would take AT LEAST a whole episode if it were to also include here former master, and take away content from a possible FHA anime, UFO handled it perfectly. Two, since the VN was 99% in Shirous' POV people here are expecting something that I don't even think they are aware of. Most of these new scenes are out of his POV, consider that as well as their implications before yelling filler. Third, people really need to learn what 'filler means. The new content gave watchers an idea about one of the important characters so that we care about her in the future. It's another bonus for leading ourselves out of Shirous' POV. and because it DOES heighten our experience of the story, and DOES have relevance, it is NOT filler. Especially because I can see them continuing her flashback with Kuzuki later, so you people need to at least wait a freaking few episodes before you get your panties in a bunch. Filler would be if Rin and Shirou talked about food for an additional 7 minutes this episode.
KetuekigamiApr 11, 2015 5:52 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2015 5:51 PM

Sep 2013

As an anime-only watcher I have no problems with this episode whatsoever.
Apr 11, 2015 5:51 PM

Jul 2007
Ketuekigami said:

One, If UFOtable were to include Caster's whole past it would take AT LEAST a whole episode

So take away all the filler master content from this episode and replace it with her actual backstory. Done

MightyM16 said:
Maloghurst said:

They would need plus 100 episodes to properly adaptate caster legend

Stop using strawman arguments and overblowing stuff.

The amount that was said in this part of VN was enough. And it is not there.
Apr 11, 2015 5:54 PM

Aug 2012
Caster's AO scenes were dragged and the things that mattered were rushed. The fuck Ufotable? I still won't fall for that additional 7 minutes in the BD. There was almost no addition in the S1 BD.
Pages (26) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.