Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 20, 2015 9:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, I really liked the way the action was handled whether it's Alfonso, Emma, or Leon. I think Emma's role was played out quite well though. Overall, solid coordination of action.

And not to mention, we also get some really badass Horrors. Poor Leon and Alfonso though. And even Emma too...ugh, I hope they'll be okay.
Mar 20, 2015 11:05 AM

Jul 2010
Octavia really did put up a nice fight, how the fight with her against Alfonso was on a platform in the air was pretty cool.

Alfonso protecting the city like that. Really enjoyed the action sequences.

Things are looking quite grim... everybody being all so beat up. Wonder how Herman would come out of it. Still, Anima is coming while the protectors are all beat before the boss.

The finale is going to be amazing!
Mar 20, 2015 11:20 AM

Aug 2012
Herman whyyyyyyyyy

I was hoping Leon would use both blades like that, so badass.

Insane episode, gonna be a crazy finish.
Mar 20, 2015 11:39 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode

Mar 20, 2015 11:40 AM

Apr 2014
Reaction to the Episode:

The action/fight scenes this episode was really good (I guess). And MAPPA Studio was really good doing it.
But I wonder how this will end for this Season?! The end must be Epic!! I Can't wait to see it on the last episode next week!!
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 20, 2015 11:40 AM

Jun 2014
Great episode , can't wait for the final one , i was shocked when i saw German in that state i couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing
Mar 20, 2015 11:51 AM

Oct 2013
Well, Herman lives, I don't think that he even can die :3
Did you see the funny part when Octavia took Mendoza 's hand and put it on her chest?
lol
Mar 20, 2015 11:53 AM

Nov 2012
As long as some of them remain dead I got no problem with everything that happened on this episode.
What was the point of what Alfonso did, it is not like the anima won't destroy his town anyway.
At least there are clever people who decided to actually do something more useful like evacuate the city although it might be a bit too late.
Mar 20, 2015 11:57 AM

Aug 2010
Friggin EPIC AS F***!!!

Damn that Handgasming scene was friggin creepy as hell O_o

Herman!!! T^T Died like a BOSS!! His waifu even felt it :P Is he dead though? ^^;

The action animation was insanely amazing though :O Where the hell does Mappa get all this Budget from?!?!

Leon being that calm after seeing his dad die was damn BA! Owning the Horrors so easily like that, even stabbing Mendoza without letting him continue his sentence! Leon too BA right now :3

F***N Gun in the leg!! Is Ema really gonna die??

Alfonso's resistance scene looked so friggin EYEGASMIC *A* Dat animation!!

Dat Despair at the end doe!! All 3 are down for the count. WTH r they gonna do O_o?
Mar 20, 2015 4:34 PM

Aug 2014
I'm just sitting here wondering if Leon's gonna pull off something like a double tokusatsu with both Zoro and Garo's swords.
Mar 20, 2015 5:24 PM
Nov 2014
RIP best dad Germán.

León now has Jiruba and one of his father's daggers.

I hope Ema's not dead, but if Alfonso dies I wouldn't be so bothered.
Mar 20, 2015 5:29 PM

Oct 2012
I wonder if Zoro managed to "pass his armor" before he died.
Mar 20, 2015 6:48 PM

Sep 2011
holy fuck this episode was just so intense, i have no clu how the next episode is going to go down but i regret watching this ongoing now cause i NEED the next episode

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 20, 2015 7:44 PM

Jan 2011
Somehow it's more brutal that they didn't show his death.
Mar 20, 2015 9:13 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Daang this episode. So much happened, and the situation looks quite dire. German T_T And looks like that was a fatal wound Ema received (maybe not...?). I think Alfonso's still alive at the very least, aside from Leon of course.

NotJizzyHitler said:
holy fuck this episode was just so intense, i have no clu how the next episode is going to go down but i regret watching this ongoing now cause i NEED the next episode

Word.
Mar 20, 2015 9:47 PM

Feb 2012
Amazing and intense episode. The action was all superb. Things are looking really grim for everyone I can't wait to see how this show finishes.
Mar 20, 2015 10:53 PM
Jul 2018
Herman died, that's too bad.

Anima is revived!
Mar 20, 2015 11:39 PM

Jan 2011
Ummmm wow...this episode was amazing. This series is fantastic, never for a second pegged it to be this good when I first started it.

Alfonso you are a true prince (king) to your people man
Mar 20, 2015 11:51 PM

Feb 2014
Everythings gone to hell. How will this all be resolved.
Mar 20, 2015 11:56 PM

May 2013
That was awesome! All the fight scenes were great! I was shocked to see Herman in that state. It's just too bad that he still had to fight in that condition.
All of them are in a tight pinch. Emma better not die. She's been truly a great asset to them. Alfonso's got to get up before it gets anymore worse. Leon better has a strategy in mind for Anima.
Mar 21, 2015 12:29 AM

May 2014
IMO Anima's design was really lame. They did well with some of the designs for other horrors, but all they came up with for Anima was a headless nude impaled by a red cross? IMO they could take a visual hint from games like Demons'/Dark Souls or the Phyrexians from MTG.

Even the stupidest looking Apostles from Berserk or derp-looking titans from SNK were more intimidating.

If certain characters survive though, that'd honestly be too much plot armor for this show. Unless they make it interesting, but Cross Ange already pulled that off stupidly and I'd rather not see that happen in Garo.
DeicideVMar 21, 2015 12:33 AM
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Mar 21, 2015 1:48 AM

Feb 2014
I wanna see Leon go spirit beast again.
Mar 21, 2015 2:55 AM

Sep 2013
Octavia's design made it difficult for me to take anything she said seriously... Also, she has a shotgun leg. Seeing her orgasm over Medoza's severed arm was so hammy too. lol

Well, the action this week was freaking kickass. I always felt the action in this series was very hit or miss but this episode was definitely a hit. The choreography and fluidity all throughout was fantastic. Woo! Also, Ema has a portal gun. lol

I did sort of cringe when I saw Leon just standing around waiting for Mendoza to finish talking... Leon... you know you only have a limited time... and if you didn't just stand there, you'd likely have killed Mendoza before Anima was revived... *facepalm*

Well, I must say, the ending really raised the scale something fierce. I was hoping Anima would have a metal as fuck design and I think a giant naked headless woman with a gigantic glowing red sword through her chest is metal enough for me. Fuck yeah!

Though, I am curious how they are going to wrap this series up in 1 episode without it being some generic, "We fight together and stop the horror" ending or perhaps even an asspull. We shall see I guess.

Good episode! Loved the action.
Mar 21, 2015 4:55 AM

Jul 2014
Next ep : CHIASTOLITE. Woo hooooo
I'm glad I watched this anime, albeit a little late. This anime is so underrated.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Mar 21, 2015 7:47 AM

May 2014
Keten said:
Octavia's design made it difficult for me to take anything she said seriously... Also, she has a shotgun leg. Seeing her orgasm over Medoza's severed arm was so hammy too. lol

Well, the action this week was freaking kickass. I always felt the action in this series was very hit or miss but this episode was definitely a hit. The choreography and fluidity all throughout was fantastic. Woo! Also, Ema has a portal gun. lol

I did sort of cringe when I saw Leon just standing around waiting for Mendoza to finish talking... Leon... you know you only have a limited time... and if you didn't just stand there, you'd likely have killed Mendoza before Anima was revived... *facepalm*

Well, I must say, the ending really raised the scale something fierce. I was hoping Anima would have a metal as fuck design and I think a giant naked headless woman with a gigantic glowing red sword through her chest is metal enough for me. Fuck yeah!

Though, I am curious how they are going to wrap this series up in 1 episode without it being some generic, "We fight together and stop the horror" ending or perhaps even an asspull. We shall see I guess.

Good episode! Loved the action.

Mendoza was already done summoning. Anima's revival was timed to trigger during the eclipse. Killing him wouldn't have made a difference, other than not letting him have his banter.
Mar 21, 2015 8:33 AM

Sep 2013
KazuhoYoshii said:

Mendoza was already done summoning. Anima's revival was timed to trigger during the eclipse. Killing him wouldn't have made a difference, other than not letting him have his banter.

I guess that's true. I am not a fan of the whole, "Let's stand around and let the villain talk for no reason" trope is all. It ruins my immersion.
Mar 21, 2015 10:50 AM

Sep 2013
Umm.... Raise your hands if you thought what Octavia did with Mendoza's hand was disturbingly weird.... Because I know I did. D:

It amazes me how anyone and everyone in this show can die.... Note to self. NEVER feel any attachment to any characters in this series.... because the next thing you know, the death flag raises for them!! :'(

On a better note, the art was amazing this episode. Both in terms of the way it was illustrated and the battle scenes. I feel like quite a lot of the show's budget was put into it. Now that German is gone, I'm hoping beyond all hope that Alfonso and Ema don't die in the next ep! Let's hope the final episode will leave things on a high note....!! DX
DoragonessUMar 21, 2015 11:00 AM
Mar 21, 2015 4:35 PM

Jul 2011
They're gonna need quite the ass pull to get themselves outta this one :)
Mar 21, 2015 4:39 PM

Sep 2011
Keten said:
KazuhoYoshii said:

I guess that's true. I am not a fan of the whole, "Let's stand around and let the villain talk for no reason" trope is all. It ruins my immersion.
but they averted this, leon killed him mid monologue, when he was listening the first time he was collecting himself reacting to herman's death and making sure he wouldnt lose himself like last time

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 21, 2015 4:43 PM

Jul 2013
I wish we could have seen how Herman died.

Oh well. Pretty awesome otherwise. The fights really kicked ass and that cliffhanger...

Next ep when? Can´t wait.
Mar 21, 2015 5:39 PM
Apr 2014
oh. sure. Just kill the two cool characters that were left in this anime.

And whats up with the studio? Are they trying to boost sales? First that unfortunate spike placing on the armor and now that giant tit monster.

Man this anime could be really good but there are soooo many little annoying things. It just adds up over time >.<

How are they even plan to wrap this up? Something like this maybe?

After Anima finished to absorb all horrors on earth it releases a massive shock wave and the world gets blown up by it - The end.

At this point it wouldn't even bother me anymore.
NanashiMar 21, 2015 5:45 PM
Mar 21, 2015 6:01 PM

Jul 2011
Nanashi- said:
And whats up with the studio? Are they trying to boost sales? First that unfortunate spike placing on the armor and now that giant tit monster.

Welcome to Garo franchise http://goo.gl/Hfqd8r
Mar 21, 2015 6:05 PM

Sep 2013
NotJizzyHitler said:
but they averted this, leon killed him mid monologue, when he was listening the first time he was collecting himself reacting to herman's death and making sure he wouldnt lose himself like last time

It's a personal nitpick. I didn't feel the emotional weight of the scene because Mendoza's dialogue was so in my face with the fact that, "LEON HAS CHANGED". I know that Mendoza was trying to egg him on and I buy that Leon was standing there, reacting to Herman's death so this isn't really much of a criticism, I just wanted to mention that it bothered me.
Mar 21, 2015 7:51 PM

May 2014
I'm calling it...the show will end like Texhnolyze or Evangelion.
Mar 22, 2015 1:54 AM

Jan 2013
So will Emma die or not.

And Herman.. oh... I guess... oh....
I'm not gonna like if they do the "let's pull him out of anima" move... sure it would be better if everyone was happy and alive, but still...
Mar 22, 2015 9:24 AM

May 2014
Nanashi- said:
oh. sure. Just kill the two cool characters that were left in this anime.

Man this anime could be really good but there are soooo many little annoying things. It just adds up over time >.<

How are they even plan to wrap this up? Something like this maybe?

After Anima finished to absorb all horrors on earth it releases a massive shock wave and the world gets blown up by it - The end.

At this point it wouldn't even bother me anymore.

Cool/likable characters get killed all the time in anime and movies. It can be argued that sometimes it serves no purpose, but I don't think that's the case here.
Mar 22, 2015 1:16 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, good battles, a little sentimentality, and the farewell of some characters, as I did not like German and Octavia had no importance, whom I did not want to die was the Lara

Was left the premise of a grand final, with the protagonists slaughtered and a big monster to destroy the city, well, really hope a great ending to this season ..
Mar 22, 2015 6:43 PM

Jun 2014
Well that was intense. and the octivia fight was cool.
but this is all set up for the final show down.
Hope Emma and the prince are ok. Idk if Leon could handle losing anyone else.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 23, 2015 2:02 AM

Dec 2012
NOOOOO why herman need to die (T-T). Great episode, the fights are wonderful and I love how Leon is stayed calm.
Mar 23, 2015 3:55 PM

Jan 2008
Goddammit. Leon never seems to catch a break. First he loses his mother, then the village girl, then his father, and now Ema and Alfonso too!? Shit, this guy is going to die alone at this rate unless they show Ema and Alfonso somehow surviving their injuries. Will there be even be any characters left for the next season?

Garm is such a hypocrite. "You better clean up after yourselves"...you mean the mess that you put them in!? Bitch, you need to die.

I'm surprised that Leon didn't just behead Mendooza. If that bastard doesn't die by the end of the series, I'm going to lose my shit.

The only good thing out of this episode was that kiss/death flag Ema gave Leon.
Mar 24, 2015 8:30 AM

Oct 2008
Abomination Octavia is really strong but slowly consumes her.
Anima...Ultimate Horror eh??!? what's up with that boobs!?
Epic fights with Alfonso & Ema, even if the enemy is just only Octavia, they really had a hard time taking her down.
Herman minced meat already?
Alfonso down, Ema down & Leon down? well shit is really goin' down!
One Ep more to go.

Mar 24, 2015 8:34 AM

Nov 2011
Exciting from all points of view, maybe a little less for the final, I seem to see a déjà vu.
Said engaging, in fact everything is great in this episode.
It starts with a very high quality of the drawings, through animations more than fair and smooth ending with the narrative interesting and engaging.
But there are dialogues and choreography of the fights really well done to close the circle.
I'm a little gassed during the story, I can not wait to see the final episode.
Octavia has proved a character discreet and not a simple figure put there to advance the plot, in the end, I liked it as a character.
Mar 24, 2015 8:37 AM

Sep 2011
4kicks said:

I'm surprised that Leon didn't just behead Mendooza. If that bastard doesn't die by the end of the series, I'm going to lose my shit.
pretty sure mendoza is actually dead when leon impaled him, unless anima really does revive him and give him immortality

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 28, 2015 6:29 AM

Oct 2014
Amazing

Comparable to the likes of evangelion for characterization (kind of). This show is definetely handled in the most mature way, all the plot points are not short cutted or stupidly handled, pleasantly surprised that this show kept me on my seat for the entire run, action scenes were absolutely mindblowing even for garo, "that mid air falling beam fight" blew my mind. Going to watch the last episode and if this show ends strong it will at least get a solid 9 even a 10 if I'm generous, cause no show has kept me interested in watching more since I don't know amagi park
My life is boring cause I'm boring
If you're not at school what can you do, you stare at a screen of bright pixels
Mar 29, 2015 2:22 PM
Jan 2012
great episode.
Great battles. I really hope a i gran finale in episode 24.
Tomorrow I watch episode 24.
Mendoza is a son of bitch
I think lewis roberto is dead,but is probably.
Mar 31, 2015 1:55 PM

Oct 2009
That animation boost! That choreography! Dam intense episode!
Apr 2, 2015 7:50 AM

Jul 2012
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Good episode, lot of eye candy animation going on.
Jul 6, 2015 9:03 PM

Jun 2014
That's not how a lunar eclipse works or looks like...
Aug 6, 2015 1:55 PM

Dec 2012
Quality of animation really improved in this episode
May 30, 2016 6:12 PM

Jan 2014
So that's what they've been saving their budget for, I see. Holy fuck how good that looked.

m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
That's not how a lunar eclipse works or looks like...
yeah, that shit just looked like an accelerated new moon lol
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Garo: Honoo no Kokuin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

65 by macabongx »»
Nov 8, 2023 4:02 PM

Poll: » Garo: Honoo no Kokuin Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2015

204 by Inexplicable »»
Oct 4, 2022 3:50 PM

Poll: » Garo: Honoo no Kokuin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2014

169 by Inexplicable »»
Oct 3, 2022 3:40 PM

» 2nd half is a lot better than first

Barry_Allen_14 - Aug 16, 2021

2 by Scythe97 »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:52 AM

Poll: » Garo: Honoo no Kokuin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

89 by Creepyarea »»
Sep 17, 2022 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.