Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 26, 2015 1:48 PM

May 2014
Great Episode :D

So is he kuzen? I'm not sure... At the end of the episode, he mentions the name of his love so he's the owl. And there's another one-eyed owl as mentioned in the flashback. That's not kuzen or yashimora(idk) because kuzen has both eyes. Does this mean that there are two owls?
Feb 26, 2015 1:56 PM

Jan 2013
Why do they even target Anteiku? I thought there was nothing suspicous when the investigator was there.
Feb 26, 2015 1:57 PM

Feb 2015
yoshimura's backstory adaptation was good. But still wanted that human flesh eating scene to be animated.
Apart from that a few questions
Why would kaneki suddenly show interest in owl?
And how did the CCG got information regarding anteiku? just by takatsuki sen's word ??
Feb 26, 2015 2:09 PM

Dec 2014
Okay so I must talk about this...
Do not read if you haven't read the manga!!

However, Yoshimura's story was really well represented, and the ED, amazing as always! :3
Feb 26, 2015 2:21 PM
Sep 2013
Labib said:

So is he kuzen? I'm not sure... At the end of the episode, he mentions the name of his love so he's the owl. And there's another one-eyed owl as mentioned in the flashback. That's not kuzen or yashimora(idk) because kuzen has both eyes. Does this mean that there are two owls?

He is Kuzen and their is a possibility of two owls
Feb 26, 2015 2:23 PM
Sep 2013
Shomya said:
Okay so I must talk about this...
Do not read if you haven't read the manga!!

However, Yoshimura's story was really well represented, and the ED, amazing as always! :3

Feb 26, 2015 2:46 PM
Jul 2013
That was confusing and awesome at the same time... To me, one of the best episodes of Tokyo Ghoul 2 XD
Feb 26, 2015 3:34 PM

Aug 2014
It was a good episode. It felt a bit overly dragged, but i guess they can't just move in with the next stage halfway through the episode.

Yoshimura's story was done well, though i didn't like how that ''organisation'' wasn't explained at all, not even their name was mentioned, it just felt random and fodder, which is so not the case. On the other hand, i didn't expect Shinohara to come by Anteiku again, the talk between him and Yoshimura was so good. They both knew what was going to happen in a few hours, yet the atmosphere was so peaceful. If i was in Shinohara's place i'd probably ask myself whether what i'm doing is right or wrong.

I am really curious what's gonna happen during the Anteiku Raid, and particularly if a certain someone will even show up, since this is an alternate route.

4/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 26, 2015 3:41 PM

Aug 2014
Can't wait to see some all out combat. And is it me or there was a lack of Kaneki in this episode?

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Feb 26, 2015 4:00 PM

Jun 2013
So ready for that next episode now. Gotta wait another week :(
Feb 26, 2015 4:14 PM

Nov 2013
Steven15ify said:
Can't wait to see some all out combat. And is it me or there was a lack of Kaneki in this episode?

is it just me or is there a lack of kaneki this entire season
"He's a player??? THE ONLY THING HE BE PLAYIN IS A HENTAI DATING SIM THAT FAKER"
Feb 26, 2015 4:34 PM
Dec 2013
Bae-chan said:
Steven15ify said:

lol so true the poor guy has been degraded into a side character in the anime
just one of many flaws that these season has
Feb 26, 2015 4:50 PM
Jul 2018
Yoshimura's background was really well done.
Feb 26, 2015 5:06 PM

Aug 2013
Episode full of sentimentality, some explanations were made and the introduction to a great battle was given

This is the main battle of the manga, so I thought it was good she take a few episodes of the anime, I expect a great adaptation to this end ..
Feb 26, 2015 5:39 PM

Aug 2010
Bae-chan said:
Steven15ify said:

Who's that again?

This was a great episode. Really like how Yoshimura's past was handled. No complaints really. We also got to see Ukina. I think this episode was executed pretty well. If this anime was 24 episodes it might have actually been great.

The ending illustrations get me once again. Ishida is really pleasing us manga readers with it :)
Feb 26, 2015 5:42 PM

Jun 2013
I too have blisters on my fingers.
Feb 26, 2015 6:43 PM

Aug 2014
Watched it 3 times already but I still don't get it.... Is the manager the '' one eyed ghoul'' or is he the father? Why was there a flashback of him in the owl costume then? Cause he was saying 'My son' like...his son is the owl right? And those uhm... how do you call them? Those people that go after the ghouls... they said that the manager is the owl right? Gosh this is so confusing @_@
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Feb 26, 2015 7:04 PM

Apr 2011
Need season 3
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Feb 26, 2015 7:10 PM

Aug 2013
SoonaxUchiha02 said:
Watched it 3 times already but I still don't get it.... Is the manager the '' one eyed ghoul'' or is he the father? Why was there a flashback of him in the owl costume then? Cause he was saying 'My son' like...his son is the owl right? And those uhm... how do you call them? Those people that go after the ghouls... they said that the manager is the owl right? Gosh this is so confusing @_@

The manager is the Owl.
Feb 26, 2015 7:13 PM

Jul 2014
The calm before the storm.
Feb 26, 2015 7:20 PM

Oct 2013
Man next episode will be interesting.
Feb 26, 2015 7:21 PM

Aug 2013
The time has come... Can't wait until next Thursday now.

Lovely OST (Glassy Sky) before the ending. They've been using it for almost every episode now. Doesn't get old, though, hehe.
Feb 26, 2015 7:31 PM

Jan 2015
Good episode. Yoshimura history didn't change much. Can't wait so see how anteiku raid will be.
Feb 26, 2015 7:39 PM

Mar 2013
Yoshimura said:
My philosophy is that the most important thing, even more than where beans are from is how you approach each of them.

Your approach must vary, depending on the bean. Just because some beans are expensive, if you brew them without care they will not turn out well. The opposite is also true. Even cheap beans can become flavorful, if you carefully brew them to bring out their special qualities.

It still makes me sad how Yoshimura's dream of having ghouls and humans peacefully existing with not be realized.
Also I'm not sure what kind of data Shinohara collected after he visited Anteiku. They are most peaceful ghouls in the world, they don't even attack anybody. They just eat suicide victims - wait.
It still looks like they are attacking anteiku based on a rumor they received from Takatsuki Sen last episode though.

SoonaxUchiha02 said:

Yoshimura's first name is Kuzen. He is the father in the story he was telling.
They are being vague and confusing on purpose to confuse you. it should be cleared up for you in the following episodes about Owl.
Just think back in episodes how it was mentioned that the owl they fought in episode 1 felt different from the one they fought before. That "it felt as if they fighting an old man"

-------
also are subtitles wrong? Is what Yoshimura said really "my son" or "my child" because the subtitles have been wrong before when it comes to referring a gender that has been reference neutrally in Japanese.
TyrelMay 20, 2015 4:18 PM

Feb 26, 2015 7:53 PM

Jan 2013
That was some pretty good backstory in the first half.
Wish there was more Kaneki
Feb 26, 2015 8:32 PM

Sep 2014
I prefer the slightly different version in the anime than in the manga. Can't wait for next week XD
Feb 26, 2015 8:48 PM

Apr 2012
I like Yoshimura. He has a very quiet but calming and gentlemen like demeanor.

Feb 26, 2015 8:51 PM

Mar 2012
This is probably my favourite episode of season two so far. That's not saying much per se, but I'm pleased. The last few cafe scenes were intense. I could almost physically feel the tension, even though the director was showing restraint. He didn't resort to any (or many) cheap tension building tactics; rather, he let the tension build itself.

Zeally said:
I like Yoshimura. He has a very quiet but calming and gentlemen like demeanor.
Yeah he was great in this episode, although a few times (because of his stylized old man eyes) I wasn't sure what, if anything, he was looking at, haha.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Feb 26, 2015 8:54 PM

Aug 2014
-Luhui said:
I lol'd when I realized that all the customers that were at Anteiku that day were really just Doberman and Devil Ape members.

They probably came for their last cup. :D
Feb 26, 2015 10:38 PM
Nov 2014
Great episode overall, I really dig the old man's backstory.

Also

Feb 26, 2015 11:10 PM
Nov 2013
Wow, Yoshimura's back story was so sad. I also did not expect him and the Owl to be connected that way. I also agree with the people who said it above, the music this season is absolutely amazing.
Feb 26, 2015 11:14 PM
Apr 2014
Sooo how did that baby survive after being left behind
Feb 26, 2015 11:32 PM

Nov 2012
wow, this was the best episode of s2 so far. i actually got sort of sad during the owl backstory and the last scene with yoshimura. art looked pretty horrible though, all the characters looked like they broke their neck or something smh
Feb 26, 2015 11:35 PM

Aug 2013
Another decently adapted episode.

Though it was kind of hard to fuck up since it basically had zero Kaneki in it.

Although it was implied, they didn't elaborate on it as heavily as in the manga; his wife had to eat humans to give the baby nutrients.

For the people asking how the CCG knew about Anteiku...Takatsuki ratted them out to Shinohara.

Wellp, the days of peace are over. Anteiku raid will most likely start next week...unless for some stupid ass reason they try to cram the Kanou's Lab arc into 1 episode. (they probably will)

If they finish the rest of this season with Kaneki coming into the raid war and doing the same shit he did in the manga, and having the anime end the same way...then this entire Kaneki entering Aogiri plot will be complete bullshit and utterly pointless.

Gotta love how the entire story aside from Kaneki is the same, and the changes to his story have made him a shit character with an incredibly boring story. AND the tradeoff for that was no Ayato anatomy lesson. The ratings for this finally fell below an 8 because people are actually coming to their senses, but I guarantee if they would've left everything the same then season 2 would have a higher rating than season 1. (Not that MAL ratings mean much in the grand scheme of things).

Manga readers are probably laughing at anime only watchers since they have no idea about the metaphor behind Uta with the skull holding Kaneki's mask in the ED art this week. muahahahaha.

Wtf was with the insert songs in this episode? The first one didn't match the tone of the scene at all...especially when they were all working in the coffee shop when it was busy. And the second one was WAY too fucking loud. They were like "well, nobody's talking right now, CRANK THAT FUCKING OST UP!!!!!!"

Labib said:

Yes he is Kuzen. He actually has both eyes and is a full ghoul, they just never show him with both at the same time. He is the fake one eyed owl. His mask is a replica of the original and it covers on of his eyes.

MasterQuest said:
Why do they even target Anteiku? I thought there was nothing suspicous when the investigator was there.

Takatsuki Sen snitched to Shinohara when she interviewed him. They mention it in the manga...and I think in he anime too. Right before she left, didn't she say something like "I heard a rumor about a little place in the 20th ward?" or something like that.
Jonesy974Feb 26, 2015 11:44 PM
Feb 26, 2015 11:39 PM

Aug 2013
Z4k said:
Journey_95 said:
lol at this guy
its ok if you like it but I can complain all I want
this is a pretty bad adaption of the manga #fact

Complain all you want but your opinion isn't a fact.

Down fanboy down! Heel! Sit, goodboy. I know it might be hard to sit down with all that butthurt going on, but just deal with it.
Feb 27, 2015 12:15 AM
Jan 2015
Jonesy974 said:
Z4k said:

Down fanboy down! Heel! Sit, goodboy. I know it might be hard to sit down with all that butthurt going on, but just deal with it.

@Z4K : Gotta agree with you..anime was really far cry compared to manga . Lacking too many things . Hope the season 3 will have more episodes

@journey_95 : sorry journey , but Z4K is true . I think 90 % of manga readers will say this anime was a bad adaptation for the manga . that's why many of us is dissappointed with the anime . but it's not wrong to like this , everyone has different point of view
Feb 27, 2015 12:56 AM

Apr 2014
Jonesy974 said:
Z4k said:

Butthurt? Is that the best you can come up with? (Wait. How am I butthurt in the first place lol?)

I mean with the stick up both of your ass I assumed it might've been you guys who were actually the butthurt ones because the anime wasn't following the manga. Hah apparently my suspicions were right.

Anyways I've heard this is pretty handy so carry this next time if you're feeling uncomfortable with that stick.

Z4KFeb 27, 2015 5:19 AM
Feb 27, 2015 12:59 AM

Sep 2014
Loved this episode. Calm before the storm :(
Feb 27, 2015 1:11 AM

May 2013
Wow! That first part with the flashbacks was really good. Kuzen is such a good husband. Ukina should have been saved. I guess it all started with the Manager, the first Owl. What a bummer, yet fantastic.

destructo22 said:
So there are two Owls? Yoshimura and his son?

Feb 27, 2015 2:23 AM

Oct 2013
As much as people hate pierrot in adapting the original material,they're doing a mindblowingly excellent work on presenting an anime.

Even with all the changes and stuff.
Feb 27, 2015 3:13 AM

Dec 2014
CreamZi said:
Wow! That first part with the flashbacks was really good.

ikr as far as I observe, people just hate flashbacks cause they thought its boring.
Feb 27, 2015 3:15 AM

Jun 2013
Damn, that happened sooner than I expected it to. Green hair baby confirms a certain authors identity
Feb 27, 2015 5:12 AM

Jul 2014
Jonesy974 said:
Another decently adapted episode.

Though it was kind of hard to fuck up since it basically had zero Kaneki in it.

Although it was implied, they didn't elaborate on it as heavily as in the manga; his wife had to eat humans to give the baby nutrients.

For the people asking how the CCG knew about Anteiku...Takatsuki ratted them out to Shinohara.

Wellp, the days of peace are over. Anteiku raid will most likely start next week...unless for some stupid ass reason they try to cram the Kanou's Lab arc into 1 episode. (they probably will)

If they finish the rest of this season with Kaneki coming into the raid war and doing the same shit he did in the manga, and having the anime end the same way...then this entire Kaneki entering Aogiri plot will be complete bullshit and utterly pointless.

Gotta love how the entire story aside from Kaneki is the same, and the changes to his story have made him a shit character with an incredibly boring story. AND the tradeoff for that was no Ayato anatomy lesson. The ratings for this finally fell below an 8 because people are actually coming to their senses, but I guarantee if they would've left everything the same then season 2 would have a higher rating than season 1. (Not that MAL ratings mean much in the grand scheme of things)

If they kept the manga story, Each arc would be 1.5 episodes long and Kaneki's monologues would have to be cut anyway to accommodate everything into 12eps. I hate it when non-sensical mangareaders love thrashing the anime.

Another shocking thing people never realized that Kaneki's characterization was also frozen in the manga for some time.He was an okay character even after the sudden development in Aogiri arc until that final chapter.So people shut up. The only complaint is that is Kaneki's screen time. The reason why I loved Tokyo Ghoul Manga was the plot and every single character in the manga was amazing and almost on par with Kaneki(especially Juuzo) and I think the whole cast makes an anime or manga more enjoyable.

This second season has been successful in developing the whole cast so that we can relate to them (which was absent in S1) and with Morita (director of Ep 1 and 12 of S1) still left to direct episodes this season, I think the end will turn out well.

As for this episode 4/5. Can't believe that, it's the same guy from episode 4 who directed this ep.
Feb 27, 2015 5:17 AM

Jul 2014
Who was the woman at the beginning of the ED?
Feb 27, 2015 5:25 AM

Aug 2014
Weso101 said:

Itori, the Bar owner or something.
Feb 27, 2015 5:26 AM

Apr 2014
Weso101 said:

Itori

Edit: Ninja'd
Feb 27, 2015 5:27 AM
Dec 2014
The chief is so great. He's gone through so much and even after his wife died, he remained a good person and continued living his life by moving on :)
I hope he gets to talk with the investigators and tell them what he is and why he did that stuff in the next episode.
j
Feb 27, 2015 6:02 AM

Sep 2014
This was pretty much a SoL episode. I guess this is the calm before the storm.
Feb 27, 2015 6:30 AM

Oct 2014
So, I've basically cried my eyes out both when I read the manga and when I saw Kuzen's story in the anime ;A; so sad ohmygod! By the way, what's the soundtrack that plays during it?
Feb 27, 2015 6:36 AM

Sep 2013
This scene </3

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

760 by ShirJager »»
Apr 17, 5:39 PM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

37 by Zimmu »»
Apr 3, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2015

256 by dustyblue »»
Feb 7, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

300 by RapidPhantom »»
Jan 23, 7:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.