Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 13, 2015 3:48 PM

Aug 2014
I believe the series would be better if they had kept it simple, like Mushishi. The first episode did that and it was great. Now I am feeling like they are going towards a "bigger picture".

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Feb 13, 2015 3:50 PM

Jun 2014
This anime sure does love its yandere related deaths. And the way Mayu died... Priceless
Feb 13, 2015 4:00 PM

Nov 2013
Slipping... on soap? I liked this episode. It was a big contrast from the rest of the series.
Feb 13, 2015 4:02 PM

Feb 2012
Steven15ify said:
I believe the series would be better if they had kept it simple, like Mushishi. The first episode did that and it was great. Now I am feeling like they are going towards a "bigger picture".

I wasn't too big on the new direction at first myself, but I'm slowly starting to warm up to it. Especially if the show can vary its stories the way it does without sacrificing said big picture in the process.

By the way, that opening is getting more fitting with each episode.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Feb 13, 2015 4:03 PM

Jan 2015
I think Mayu would take the same role as the black hair woman for Ginti, as the case for Decim XD
Feb 13, 2015 4:07 PM

Jan 2015
By the way, anyone notice that they probably did the whole love shaped bomb thing because it's Valentine's Day? That's what I think at least XD
Feb 13, 2015 4:13 PM

Jan 2013
Ginti has the bad attitude I expected xD
Feb 13, 2015 4:15 PM

May 2014
Wow, this episode had some good comedy in it. I wonder what's gonna happen to the dude. For the girl, I'm guessing she might stay for a while since she's in the opening and because Ginti was surprised to see her act funny even after all that's happened.
Feb 13, 2015 4:15 PM

Nov 2013
Stellar anime. Never ceases to peak my interest.
Feb 13, 2015 4:19 PM

Oct 2013
Lol dis episode!

Yeah and that heart shaped bomb.
Feb 13, 2015 4:20 PM

Apr 2013
Show's going to shit again, they didn't even bother showing where each person went.
Feb 13, 2015 4:23 PM

Jul 2010
Pretty funny episode, my sides hurts.

Not enough Decim tho.
Feb 13, 2015 4:23 PM

May 2012
Very fun episode. Of course Mayu died in the most ridiculous way. She gave us a lot of fan service this episode. Best episode yet.
Feb 13, 2015 4:41 PM

Jun 2014
I was kinda hoping for a C.H.A. ending song
Feb 13, 2015 4:44 PM

Oct 2012
Egh... was this fanservice even needed?

I mean, I'm not against when series is making fun of itself to prepare the ground for more darker episodes but this was bit over the top I guess. Well, guess I should say unnecesary.

Not even showing where each of them was sent but they were both so annoying it would be void for both of them if I could choose.
Zankyou no Terror Lisa VA - you were there just for comedy relief at best.

Ok, let's safely disregard and forget this episode, it was of no importance anyway.
Mich666Feb 13, 2015 4:47 PM
Feb 13, 2015 4:51 PM

Dec 2013
Mich666 said:

I mean, I'm not against when series is making fun of itself to prepare the ground for more darker episodes but this was bit over the top I guess. Well, guess I should say unnecesary.

Not even showing where each of them was sent but they were both so annoying it would be void for both of them if I could choose.
Zankyou no Terror Lisa VA - you were there just for comedy relief at best.

Ok, let's safely disregard and forget this episode, it was of no importance anyway.

Wow, what a Debbie downer! Are you usually a negative Nancy? :(
Feb 13, 2015 4:57 PM

Jan 2013
The animation was amazing at points.
Didn't expect it to be that silly.
Feb 13, 2015 5:01 PM

Oct 2012
Zer01 said:
Wow, what a Debbie downer! Are you usually a negative Nancy? :(

Sigh. That's what happens to you when you are in mood to expect a little bit different and better story when you make youself a little time to watch this show.

I actually can't say this was all too terrible but at the same time I see this as waste of resources and of one good episode slot that could be put to a lot better use. It was very forgettable part of this show for me.
Feb 13, 2015 5:06 PM

Dec 2012
Mich666 said:

Mich666 said:

I actually can't say this was all too terrible but at the same time I see this as waste of resources and of one good episode slot that could be put to a lot better use. It was very forgettable part of this show for me.

Fanservice by definition is unnecessary to the plot, story, character, etc.

Well speak for yourself, just because it wasn't serious, doesn't mean it was bad. I and others happen to find this enjoyable and funny, which is the whole reason most people watch anime or any other entertainment medium, and some of us, found it to be the best one. It was very refreshing.

So it wasn't a waste at all, especially considering this has been episodic so far, except for 1 or 2 episodes.
Feb 13, 2015 5:26 PM

Apr 2012
bastek66 said:
Hahaha, full comedy episode
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Feb 13, 2015 5:27 PM

Jun 2014
It wasn't as good as the other episodes, even if the arbiter was Decim, it still wouldn't have changed anything. The new bartender may be blunt but he was interesting and I loved his lazy personality.

Feb 13, 2015 5:40 PM

Oct 2012
tsudecimo said:
Well speak for yourself, just because it wasn't serious, doesn't mean it was bad. I and others happen to find this enjoyable and funny, which is the whole reason most people watch anime or any other entertainment medium, and some of us, found it to be the best one. It was very refreshing.
So it wasn't a waste at all, especially considering this has been episodic so far, except for 1 or 2 episodes.

Well, I actually didn't say this was bad, for me it was unnecesary. It just felt out of place in this series.

You know, it doesn't help a series a lot when it suddendly throws out lighthearted episode inside of serious business. And in this case it really doesn't matter if this is anime, book or movie it's the same for each medium.

Imagine thriller story where its actors starts acting out of character and stops giving a damn about their fear of dying, saying ''Who cares?" half-way through. It would totally ruin immersion, right? And you wouldn't like that, would you? And that's my point.

I don't care about little bits of funny catchwords or references, those are actually great to relieve some tension. It just those shouldn't overshadow main theme of the story.

Jerkhov said:
I was kinda hoping for a C.H.A. ending song

Put yourself the opening of this show to the end of this episode and there you have it. Kind of.
At least this intention was nice and clear out-of-the-box surprise of this part.
Mich666Feb 13, 2015 5:43 PM
Feb 13, 2015 5:42 PM

Nov 2007
omg this episode:')

I was teary-eyed when Mayu was about to fall but then they showed how she died and i couldn't stop laughing...that was really pathetic death:')
I liked how they both handled it when they realized they are dead.

Also,this episode was eargasm thanks to Hosoyan and Mamo:*
Feb 13, 2015 5:43 PM

Dec 2012
That's a pretty terrible example, and doesn't fit a an episodic TV series. It's not the same, it depends on the particular series, and the format. For example Breaking Bad was srs bz most of the time, but an episode called ''fly'' exists in it, and it's not unnecessary.
Feb 13, 2015 5:48 PM

Aug 2009
Haha, awesome episode xD

At first I didn't really like those two characters, but by the end, I loved both of them xD
Ginti was also very funny with his kokeshi doll obsession ^^
Feb 13, 2015 5:55 PM

Aug 2014
Mayu's in the OP. The irony of it all, with Ginti criticizing Decim for not passing judgement on one of his guests.
Feb 13, 2015 5:59 PM

Nov 2013
Funny episode. I'd have never thought coming into this series that I'd get episodes like this lol.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Feb 13, 2015 6:13 PM

Jan 2014
I never understand why Durarara Sho has a higher score than DP. In terms of depth, emotion and in this episode humor, DP beats it..
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Feb 13, 2015 6:17 PM

Jan 2011
didn't think we would get a comedic episode let alone one with the animation being impreissve ended up making Harada look cooler than it should had but oh well

so i guess mayu is here to stay?

only thing im gonna call out is how on earth that girl got a timed bomb was expecting her to poison him or something but not that lol...mayu's death pls.
Feb 13, 2015 6:27 PM

Jan 2014
lolol wtf. was not expecting this, i almost cried i was laughing so hard

Mich666 said:
tsudecimo said:

Well, I actually didn't say this was bad, for me it was unnecesary. It just felt out of place in this series.

You know, it doesn't help a series a lot when it suddendly throws out lighthearted episode inside of serious business. And in this case it really doesn't matter if this is anime, book or movie it's the same for each medium.

Imagine thriller story where its actors starts acting out of character and stops giving a damn about their fear of dying, saying ''Who cares?" half-way through. It would totally ruin immersion, right? And you wouldn't like that, would you? And that's my point.

I don't care about little bits of funny catchwords or references, those are actually great to relieve some tension. It just those shouldn't overshadow main theme of the story.
well it wasnt completely useless, mayu's in the op after all. she must be important later on
laputiaFeb 13, 2015 6:31 PM
Feb 13, 2015 6:40 PM

Aug 2009
Good episode. I like Decim way better than Ginti.
This episode was indeed different, for one it was more cheerful which was a great change of pace. Not unnecessary in any way, with so many people on this earth who act differently, you never know what type of personalities you'll end up with. This time it was two people who led such lifestyles, who had said personalities. I quite liked Mayu for who she was. So I fail to see why it was unnecessary or the worst episode thus far to some ppl. Not every episode has to be dark and twisted in order to make a point. This episode was fine, for what it was trying to do, and it was successful.

Feb 13, 2015 6:41 PM

Oct 2011
peeyaj said:
I never understand why Durarara Sho has a higher score than DP. In terms of depth, emotion and in this episode humor, DP beats it..

Is this a joke?
Feb 13, 2015 6:56 PM

Jan 2011
Borgov said:
peeyaj said:

Is this a joke?
i hope so
Feb 13, 2015 7:12 PM

Jun 2014
Good god, Mayu annoyed and I didn't like the idol either, but whatever.
I love Decim but Ginti is also very interesting since he's dark and has no sympathy.
I still can't believe that they played twister and then the way Mayu died, DEAR GOD XD So many 'what even' moments in this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2015 7:26 PM

Jan 2013
Fuck, I was crying, and then that ending...ffffffffff

trolled so hard. great ep
Feb 13, 2015 7:30 PM

Apr 2007
blexx said:
Ginti looked annoyed by them - may have sent them both to the void.
lmao

Fun episode, but I prefer when Decim is in focus. The way Mayu died tho
Feb 13, 2015 7:31 PM

Jan 2013
Monochrome said:
The way Mayu died tho
Monochrome said:
The way Mayu died tho
Monochrome said:
The way Mayu died tho
Monochrome said:
The way Mayu died tho
Monochrome said:
The way Mayu died tho
Feb 13, 2015 7:31 PM
Aug 2014
I like how they changed the arbiter for this episode, but I still prefer Decim xD

Though really, this episode made me go "wtf" the entire time lol.
Feb 13, 2015 7:40 PM

Oct 2010
I'm not sure I could live with myself if I died the way Mayu did.

wait...
Feb 13, 2015 7:47 PM

Jul 2011
So casual about their deaths... and the whole episode being humorous was surprising. o.O

Ah, I didn't think this show would contain fanservice though. That is somewhat disappointing.

Next episode looks more interesting.
Feb 13, 2015 7:52 PM

May 2014
Nice Episode :D
Really liked how it was different for decim this time. It made it a bit funnier, especially the spikes LMAO That Moment Killed Me xD
Feb 13, 2015 8:19 PM

Aug 2012
So, they're not going anywhere yet. And hilarious episode indeed. I think the idol's death was funnier lol.
Feb 13, 2015 8:45 PM

May 2014
One of my favorite parts of the episode was Memine. I especially like how Ginti chastised Mayu for calling her "the kitty." He says, "Memine. Use her name." Lol I wonder if there is a back story there? Is Memine Ginti's Black Haired Woman? How did she lose her tail and why is her foot bandaged? Not sure why I think about these things :)
Feb 13, 2015 8:56 PM
Jul 2013
And this episode would be the one to live up to the energetic OP. I like how they had the heart-shaped bomb right in time for Valentine's day, and Mayu's death couldn't have been more fitting (I love how she dwelled on it for like a second)
Feb 13, 2015 9:38 PM

Apr 2008
I loved this episode! I'm pretty sure it's my favorite one so far. I wonder how they got judged. Mayu is in the opening animation, isn't she

Feb 13, 2015 9:46 PM

Jan 2014
katsu044 said:
Borgov said:

Is this a joke?
i hope so

In MaL, Durarara Sho is ranked at 106 with a score of 8.48, while DP is ranked at 178 with a score of 8.35.
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Feb 13, 2015 9:53 PM

Sep 2013
Love this unpredictably funny episode. Every time I think I've got the series figured out, it throws me some curveballs. Since Mayu is in the OP, she's probably staying as an assistant to Ginti, which probably means Ginti was unable to judge her -- her obsessive fangirling for her idol prevented the game from extracting the dark side of her nature. The idol was tested and passed, so probably reincarnation for him.
Feb 13, 2015 10:17 PM

Dec 2013
The way that guy died tho.
Feb 13, 2015 10:19 PM

Oct 2014
So... Mayu died because slipped herself in the bathroom? And the idol Harada died because of... bomb?

My overall impression of this episode

Either:
a. The creative team/director was smoking too much weed while drinking too much vodka.

b. The creative team/director was too high.

c. All of the above.
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Feb 13, 2015 10:31 PM

Nov 2012
well i wouldn't have expected a death parade episode to make me laugh throughout the whole episode... it was really great! i loved how the two were casual about their deaths lol. and mayu was a pretty funny character! but what happens to these two now, i wonder?
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

672 by NikoFool »»
Apr 2, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2015

521 by Seraschi »»
Apr 1, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

596 by oDaw1 »»
Mar 25, 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.