Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 20, 2015 8:26 PM

Nov 2014
This episode was a great start-up for Minami and Anastasia duo group.-At first when they wore their performing clothes to try out, I was thinking how do they even dance in that outfits but apparently, their new single is a soothing type of song so there is only minimum amt of movement as compared to New Generations.

As for New Generations... I didn't quite get Mio's outburst at the end; seeing that everyone is happy that their single debut went off well. However, after thinking a bit, I think it is in Mio's character.
Mio has a naive character where she has high expectations of being an idol and with her first performance as an idol to be a back dancer for a famous idol, naturally her original expectation grew even higher, especially since the performance was a success. And then compared to her single debut, obviously the scale is definitely down by a lot and thus Mio's high expectation(as seen from how she invited her whole class) were crushed by the seemingly low audience... Mio being an outspoken person, naturally just flare out her anger at the producer who in her opinion, lied to her when actually it is her high expectations that betrayed her.
In this aspect, I can't help think back to the episode from Idolm@ster when Miki thought if she worked hard, she can get into Ryūgū Komachi due to some misunderstanding between her and the producer and then, when Ritsuko explained she can't, similarly, Miki felt lied by the producer and wanted to quit as an idol.

Both Miki and Mio are from the passion grp and I can see their personalities are very alike; outspoken and enthusiastic
And then for Rin's part at the end... I thought Rin and the producer are quite alike; being socially awkward, not good at talking. But at the end, when she gave the look, I was like 'wow'... It's not like I don't get Rin's reaction; she's just angry that her friend got hurt and directing it to the cause, the producer.

Lastly, the producer... I've a feeling he wasn't like this in the past, seeing as the director said this may be a good start for him as if in the past he met some sort of setback that caused him to become this stoic? And then, at the end when Mio asked if this was normal(like the small amount of audience), there was hesitation as though the producer met this situation before and lied in the past, and the outcome wasn't all that good... Instead of repeating the mistake, he said the truth that it was natural and it is the truth which Mio couldn't take it well and Rin felt angry at the producer for making her friend sad...
Tough job as a producer- tell lies and get blamed for lying or tell the truth and get a quit and a glare...

Going to have to see how this situation can be resolved in the next episode. And like many here said, I think this anime's focusing too much on the three main characters; the other characters need their developments as well but I suppose slowly? To add on, New Generations idols are just 14-15 years old girls and so the fact that they are naive(since they r inexperienced) and quick to show their emotions are realistic in my opinion.
PS sorry for the ramblings again...
Feb 21, 2015 8:04 AM

May 2014
Fuck you Mio
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2015 4:27 PM

May 2013
The outfits are adorable!! I think it looks best on Mio. Ehh but for the duo they could ditch the scarf thing.

Cute messages <3

Rock girl please shut up about rock for one second.

Love Laika looks and sounds good. Nice job girls!

Hmmm, New Generations didn't seem to go well.

Are they shocked by how small the crowd was? It's their debut so you can't expect for much fans if any at first.

I.. I don't really get Mio. The producer was right through and through; he would be more cruel not being honest. Mio's being way too selfish and getting ahead of herself.
Feb 23, 2015 7:05 PM

Feb 2013
Anastasia's eyes are... captivating. She looked like a snow angel in that dress.

Combined performance? What the heck?! They cut away from Anastasia's and Minami's performance for what? to watch the others fail? ... RAGE! And what was with Mio, did she not see Love Live! ep3? It seemed they wanted to go for a similar affect... they failed. Step aside Mio, we already know Uzuki is center.
Feb 24, 2015 4:57 PM

Aug 2008
WTF that annoying mio and wtf Rin is going to blame the Producer too?
mio shouldn't be in the unit, she's so unsuitable to be with the 2 other. mio is so annoying when she first ever showed up in the show.
Feb 24, 2015 5:16 PM

Feb 2012
Mio is an idiot. Did she honestly believe she'd have the same audience for her debut as a well-known idol? Someone needed to slap some sense into her.

These kinds of char developments really annoy me.
Mar 9, 2015 9:51 PM

Oct 2012
Spoiled Brat # 1 -> Miku

No debut, Time to go on Strike...

Spoiled Brat # 2 -> Mio

Expects to be popular instantly

I see a trend here...
Mar 12, 2015 5:12 AM

Apr 2012
Yvese said:
Mio is an idiot. Did she honestly believe she'd have the same audience for her debut as a well-known idol?

WuBoyBR said:
Fuck you Mio
Mar 13, 2015 1:41 AM

Dec 2012
Loved the Memories performance, Anastasia is just so dazzling and Minami has that mature appeal going for her as well.

Cinderella Girls started out as a treat I was hoping to savor, but now I'm reluctant to go any further. I don't want to constantly compare this to the first iM@S series, but it feels like a considerable downgrade. I understand it'll take time to give a cast this large proper screen time, but the characters just don't feel that dynamic. If anything, this feels like it's just way too safe. 765's iM@S is far more eccentric, loony, and wild and the personalities are much more diverse.

But even with that comparison in mind, I was starting to warm up to this cast and could work with the safe, cutesy fun. But...this drama....wow, I felt so awkward watching that. This was so misplaced and could have been handled much better. What I did salvage from it, however, was that the producer isn't good at expressing himself and communicating with the idols (which was called out by Miku last time). I can even understand Mio's feelings as a performer myself. When you get an audience of 1,200+, it's hard to appreciate the quieter nights when you only have 50-100 max.

I'm really hoping this can recover, I love iM@S and don't want to end Cinderella Girls on a bad note.
Mar 18, 2015 8:09 AM
Jan 2012
Ooh... This time I was expecting a bit of hate on Mio but... Perhaps I just wasn't expecting as much... Then again, everyone seems to desire riding the hate train after the first person starts...

The only thing putting me off right now was Rin's death glare, and Producer-san's... Actual showing of emotion. Hope he can resolve things...

Also, the more I see the opening, the more I get curious as to how their going to get Anzu to do what she's supposed to...
Mar 20, 2015 10:23 AM

Feb 2013
These girls...expecting to fill the budokan in their first concert -.-

Mar 30, 2015 6:01 AM

Oct 2009
Right, that was just stupid.
Apr 4, 2015 12:44 AM

Jan 2012
Oh come on, not this "quit being idol" shit again.. In reality, you quit, no one really cares, they will barely try to stop you, one less rival which is rather good for others. But in god damn anime, they will convince the hell out of you to stay.
Apr 12, 2015 7:54 AM
Jun 2012
Yeah i kinda prefer Love Live over Cinderella Girls.

Mio expected a shit load of people to watch their debut, yet she overreacts at the end. WTF? Did you really expect to have thousands on your first debut? In the real world, it takes time and patience to grow. Ugh. What a forced drama we already have.

Meanwhile at Love Live

2/5 for this Episode.
Apr 15, 2015 6:34 PM

Oct 2011
Wow.. I hate unnecessary drama like that. First the other girls go on a strike because they can't wait and now she cries because the audience reacts differently to them who just made their debut than they did to a famous and really hyped idol like Mika? They should just throw all of the annoying girls out and we would be left with a small number.
Seems like I'm watching just for Shiburin anyway.. :/
May 5, 2015 7:20 PM

Jun 2011
Mio didn't have to have that emotional dramatic scene at the end; it only made her seem more like a bratty teenage girl.

I mean of course there wouldn't have been as many people at their debut concert because I mean its their debut performance, it was just stupid of her to believe that there would be millions of people coming. She should just be thankful that she's already had her debut, I mean none of the other girls has gotten their debut yet.
May 7, 2015 6:34 AM

Aug 2007
I just want to know what was Mio waiting for. I mean, nobody knows her and was obvious that in the concert debut there was only a few people watching. And what Producer said was the true and the truth hurts.
May 20, 2015 9:50 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
scytheavatar said:
In case anyone needs prove that Mio is a piece of ****:

Compared to Love Live's first concert

Don't forget WUG's first concert, or better yet, first couple of concerts.

Yea, Mio is too selfish and lacks understanding of the idol industry. Did she really think that their first concert would have like 20,000 people? I'm with Producer on this one, it was natural that the performance would lack fans, but at the same time, New Generation had decent support. Minimum, maybe 50 people at the concert, counting the 2nd floor which had Mio's friends.

Like Producer said, one step at a time. He isn't going to put his idols in a huge concert with 50,000 fans watching. Their first gig was natural, they will slowly work their way up like LoveLive and WUG.

Mio deserves to get slapped. The face Rin made at the end, really Rin?

Jun 10, 2015 5:21 PM

Apr 2012
Seriously Mio?
You're just starting out and you think you're some big shot already, slow down dude.
What you really need is a brightslap...
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jun 16, 2015 12:23 AM

Jan 2013
I am surprised they didn't make Miki screw up the performance, they mentioned more than once that she wasn't getting that turn right, and it would be a much better cause for drama than Mio's crap.
I don't have a signature.
Jul 27, 2015 7:38 AM

Mar 2008
Mio is so dumb... I think the producer already gave her a hint that her 1st debut stage would turn out like that when he said that this was the "first step". I don't see anything wrong with the producer's response that "this is natural", it's just that Mio interpreted differently because she was so hung up on herself. No wonder she is dead last in polls, she is really embarrassing....

Poor producer... getting yelled at by Mio and receiving the unnecessary glare by Rin. I thought Rin was more level headed and smarter than the other two, guess not.
Sep 20, 2015 4:19 PM

Jan 2010
That was quite...um...early? I mean, it was only last episode when their unit was named. Having a breakdown in ambitions and character relationships right now? And here I thought Miku's bit in the previous episode was a tad too soon. I understand the need to push things along, as well as needing to introduce some element of plot to keep people invested, but geez.

Again, I'm looking far more into this than I should, but it I really do want this show to perform well. It doesn't help that I'm not too keen on groups, as I prefer individual characters making themselves known. In groups, the characters lose their sense of individuality, becoming homogeneous with the whole. The characters themselves become indistinguishable beyond their gimmicks, which is a similar problem I'd apply to any similar show to feature a large group.

Actually, because there's such a large group, it makes individual attention even more important, else everyone would simply get singular lines in between commentaries/reactions to remind audiences of their face and gimmick. I don't dislike Cinderella Girls, nor do I dislike the group setup, and I'm actually interested to see how this show functions. You have shows that beg to be analyzed, and are often built on layers upon layers. For something like this, everything is laid bare, so taking it apart requires little effort, revealing its inner workings and intents quite easily.

The biggest problem thus far is how much Cinderella Girls tries to do within the span of an episode. It's definitely much more difficult than the previous iteration, as there's more idols to give attention to. Furthermore, with the linear way the show is structured, it doesn't allow for much flexibility. You don't have a chance to know anyone since there's always some event on the horizon, negating any chance to calm down and give individual characters attention.

It has been 6 episodes and there have been 2 concerts already. Without a doubt, the appeal to this is getting in more songs and dance sequences, as well as letting audiences indulge in their animated splendor. However, this doesn't lend well to the importance of each individual performance. While this was the point of the second performance here, even the first one didn't feel all that special either. It didn't feel "earned," if that makes any sense. It just kind of happened, and suddenly the New Generation gained instant bragging rights. Once again, this is probably the point, where Mio needs to understand that popularity doesn't happen overnight, especially with this being the New Generation's debut. This doesn't stop me from being concerned with the anime though.
Sep 29, 2015 1:11 PM

May 2010
She got full of herself and thought that there will be tons of people waiting for her first mini concert. I won't say that she deserved that, but she certainly deserved to hear the harsh words from Producer-san.

Even so, her first performance was as a background dancer with a famous idol. Did she really fucking expected that it'll be the same with their concert ?
I was like P-san, didn't understand first what she means by "won't we be on their way ?".

I understand the glare Rin gave to the Producer, but i also understand why Producer did say that. So naive, the girl was.
Not everything is bright on the idol world. I hope that the rest of Cinderella Project, especially Miku, will wake her up by slapping her.
That's a shitty leader they got. For now.
Dec 9, 2015 12:46 PM

Sep 2014
Mio-san is acting like it's all Producer's fault. Aw poor producer-san, he working so hard for the girls but Mio is just full of her ego.
Jan 2, 2016 3:32 PM

Sep 2013
It looked the Producer was going to explain what he meant like he did before but no one else caught that on and just left...
Jan 5, 2016 11:22 AM
Dec 2012
My heart sunk when her friends cheered her on. Then to go act the way she did is disappointing. I feel no sympathy for her.

Poor producer, worked so hard to promote them. The least they can do is be grateful and not expect a sold out concert for their first appearance.

Good thing she didn't ruin the performance. Love Laika song was OK but not memorable like Mika's or the main theme.
Oct 5, 2016 2:15 PM

May 2010
Wow that went stupid fast. Why is the cast so one-dimensional, its beyond comprehension. Also Mio is such an idiot. Ofc there will be few people, its ur first concert for Gods sake. Heck its a mini-live, do you even get the meaning. Be grateful that u got even these people. I invited a lot of friends but as there are not enough ppl so I look uncool WHEN the said friends have said no such thing. Theres jumping to conclusions and then theres going insane with it. Also the look Rin gave to producer... Well then idc about too Rin. I thought you would understand him. Guess Uzuki is the better one among the main 3 tho she got ganbarimasu-ed.

Producer is the best. He did nothing wrong and gets all that crap. Also liking Nitta. N Anya too to some extent.
TragicRomanceOct 5, 2016 2:26 PM
Apr 10, 2017 1:05 AM
Jul 2012
The way this episode ended is so unnaturally retarded it makes my head hurt in anger. I love my dank idols and all, but now I really see why this anime received a lot of poor reviews.

First and foremost, I believe the Idolm@ster franchise is a series that carried by its characters and how stereotypical and enjoyable they are. And they do a good job of it. Unfortunately, moving from a game to an anime warrants that they place these characters into a situation where there is a plot and conflicts and all the basic story elements that we are familiar with. Sadly, it seems the writer who wrote this specific conflict development for episode 6 was dropped very hard on their undeveloped skull as a baby resulting in their brain functioning at 5% normal capacity. Did I mention how triggered I am by this garbage :)
Sep 23, 2017 7:36 AM

Jul 2015
Holy shit, Mio is retarded xDDDD

She is really full of herself, having that much audience was more than enough for what she did so far, everyone was so happy with that small performance but she got salty instead.

Producer doesn't deserve that angry look from Rin, he's doing a good job at giving them chances to shine.
Oct 27, 2017 2:40 AM

Oct 2016
This episode is nice. Though didn't expected that from Mio. Tough time for P too. Being a producer is hard.
Jun 14, 2020 10:00 PM

Oct 2019
It's a good ep until I got forced to watch a teen childish ego. Poor producer.
Jun 27, 2020 7:54 AM

May 2018
Lol Mio quit because there was a small and uninterested crowd watching? xD Give me a break, you're in a shopping mall! Most people are there to shop, not to listen into the performance. In addition, this is the New Generation's first debut. No one knows who they are. People are not going to magically show up and watch where ever you perform. You need to become famous first before that happens lol
Nov 10, 2020 1:18 AM

Sep 2020
Lmao did she really expect a huge audience on their debut? they even called it a mini-concert what an idiot.
Her friends even came to cheer on her and all she did was run away and act like a child. What an ungrateful prick.

Annoying character lists.
#1.Mio
#2.Riina
#3.Miku (I kinda understand her action but shes still annoying nonetheless)
Jan 1, 2021 6:59 PM

Mar 2012
Mio is stupid af, even if she was younger, you can't think that there will be 5000 viewers for a first time in a mall.
You can't compare with Miki, she have legitimate reasons for quitting, here it makes just no sense.
And Miki was right about being a little egoist, it's needed when you are a dancer, actor etc..
Here the problem is elsewhere.

And being disapointed ok, but quit.. please wtf.
Jun 3, 2021 3:04 AM
Apr 2019
How to say it... Mio has a screw loose to her head.. Imagine being a back dancer and calling it as "my concert" .... I know she's a newcomer but man...
I love how that popular idol didn't try to correct her but the producer was being blunt... nah fr how could she think she'll get a big stage and huge audience in her first concert lol
Aug 20, 2021 3:07 AM

Feb 2020
Love Laika's performance was so beautiful. Minami and Anastasia did a great job! ^^

Poor Mio. She had way too high expectations. Now she's angry and disappointed. You can't expect to have a huge audience in your debut concert.

And poor producer. He didn't do anything wrong.

SerafosDec 21, 2023 12:33 PM
May 30, 2022 9:22 AM

Aug 2018
And.. Snap.. Well.. It was going to.. In one way or another..
Apr 28, 2023 7:01 PM

Feb 2021
Damn, this episode was kinda sad, I feel bad for Mio.
Jan 7, 5:26 AM

Jan 2013
haha mio needs to be slapped asap. no way her narcissistic attitude flies well in the music industry.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

78 by TheJosuep »»
Aug 18, 2023 9:45 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

66 by M1kasaYu1 »»
May 7, 2023 10:12 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2015

58 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:41 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

29 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

42 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.