Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 5, 2015 7:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit centipede.

Decent action this episode with Kaneki and the others. This shows a lot more of his change. Not bad with the action as well although it felt a static at a few times with some foggy-like censors. Those poor one eyed ghouls as well...D: Suzuya is someone not to be underestimated. For some reason, I kinda like the OST of this particular episode. Poor Kaneki though. Best episode of the season so far.
Stark700Feb 5, 2015 9:22 AM
Feb 5, 2015 7:44 AM

Aug 2013
YES, I KNEW IT! I knew we'd see

Dat centipede was amazing. Kaneki was brilliant this episode.

I loved the symbolism with Ayato and Kaneki losing and their continued quest to get stronger because they're not strong enough yet. I really saw Ayato and Kaneki with the same mindset there, no wonder they're such a great team. Newfound respect for Ayato.

Dat ending art of Suzuya was creepy. And the ED art of Tatara and the CCG guy made it look like they're rivals or have some sort of history. Subs should be out soon so I can understand their dialogue.
Feb 5, 2015 8:29 AM

Nov 2014
That was one awesome episode. Owl looked freaking amazing, and Kaneki's fight with Shinohara was done quite well imo. Also interesting that they anti-kagune gassed the entire place (though they might have wanted to consider doing that sooner).

I'm also pleasantly surprised with how they let Akira react to Owl.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2015 8:34 AM

Jan 2015
Finally, an episode that i've been looking for. 5/5.
Hope the studio keeps this up. OH AND BTW, LONG TIME NO SEE CENSORSHIP !

Next episode's title is "thousand paths"
Probably an episode that will talk about Matasaka's (Shachi) past.
Nic2FleeFeb 5, 2015 8:39 AM
Feb 5, 2015 8:37 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
I didn't think we would get to see the Owl already five episodes in. But the fight with Shinohara was awesome!

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Feb 5, 2015 8:40 AM

Mar 2013
This time animations were great!! 10/10

Sep 2013
This episode was AWESOME!!! Suzuya's fight with the twins, Ayato vs Shinohara, Centipede vs Shinohara! WOW! This is by far the second best Tokyo Ghoul episode I've watched (First being the 12th episode). And the OWL was a pleasant surprise as well <3!

Awesome animation and sexy ost! 20/10

As always, sexy ED art! Ishida ftw!

May 2013
Man this was a good episode. The owl showed up in this episode too so that was cool. Amon got to see that the two girls became ghouls and is now questioning that humans can become ghouls.
Feb 5, 2015 8:43 AM

May 2014
Nice episode. Centipede FTW. Owl was oped. Now I really wonder if they are going to end anime in the same style as original manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2015 8:43 AM

Apr 2014
Can't wait to see the hypocrites complain about the animation now
Feb 5, 2015 8:46 AM

Aug 2010
F***'N OWLs appearance!!!! Totally didn't expect that. Best surprise of the ep >.<!
The way it just carried Ken and Ayato out of there was epic XD It does change one thing that had quite some impact in the manga though because there Amon repaying Kaneki's debt held quite some meaning. Here it's like Ken just got carried away. Still epic though :3

Dat CENTIPEDE!!! REKT Shinohara so hard. Loved the animation and sound effects for the centipede related stuff. Kaneki's craziness was slightly shown with his "A centipede in the ear! What's a 1000 minus 7" Ofc that scene in the manga was 200 level above it in craziness XD I'll take what I got tho :D

Ayato got annihilated by Shinohara. Arata was even sluggish and Ayato lost badly. And still Kaneki REKT Shinohara. That tells heaps about the difference in level :P
And the flashback with Ayato, Touka and Arata was sweet :3

Suzuya vs the twins was nice. Thank god the censoring was only blur and not beam saber of divine light XD At least we could make out what was happening. Poor twins. U gotta feel bad for them. Suzuya is just too crazy XD

Loved the new additions added in here with relationships between characters. The twins and Amon seeing each other was a nice touch. And Hoji knowing Tatara too...Even having most of the ED about them. I really am interested in knowing more about Tatara so that was nice.

Dat ED art tho :O I really want to know what Rize and Shachi's relation is already! Suzuya looked crazy XD
Feb 5, 2015 8:51 AM

May 2010
damn..such ultra lame music in the fight vs amon. unblelieveable. also animation quality is still meh.
Feb 5, 2015 8:52 AM

Jun 2014
Z4k said:
What does being a hypocrite have to do with complaining about animation?
Feb 5, 2015 8:58 AM

Feb 2011
Agafin said:
Z4k said:

Definition of a hypocrite:
a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

Now back to your statement, wat ?!
I wouldn't complain about animation as much as i would about censors to be honest.
Feb 5, 2015 8:59 AM

Nov 2012
Agafin said:
Z4k said:
"hypocrytes" is a popular word nowadays. you look smart and intellectual by saying "hypocrytes"
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Feb 5, 2015 8:59 AM
Feb 2015
What happen to sachi?

Its looks like same with the manga yet different ending.

So Amon is better than shinohara or he has better weapon than shinohara? he cut kaneki's kaguna so easily with his dual sword.
Feb 5, 2015 9:05 AM

Nov 2014
Vost96 said:
What happen to sachi?

So Amon is better than shinohara or he has better weapon than shinohara? he cut kaneki's kaguna so easily with his dual sword.

Wasn't it obvious that his Kagune was severely weakened because of the gas?

I mean, it was really obvious yeah, but you do realize that this is an anime only discussion thread?
Feb 5, 2015 9:09 AM
Jun 2014
Shaniyaz said:
Suzuya cracks me up with the way he talks while fighting. Shiro/Kuro twin got owned pretty easily. The censoring were completely unnecessary though.

While fighting Ayato, Shinohara realized Arata's movements are sluggish and my belief is that there's still a little bit of Arata's consciousness inside, not wanting to battle his own son. Ayato's hesitancy to face off against his dad's Kagune was the main reason for his defeat. Loved the way they depicted the emotions.

Centipede Kaneki vs. Shinohara was epic! That grin, the craziness and those insane movements were animated in a very becoming manner. Good job, Pierrot.

Dat One-eyed Owl though!

Best episode of Tokyo Ghoul √A thus far. The ending sequence was fabulous as usual!

I think they censored the knives because the ISIS situation?
MunintuiFeb 5, 2015 9:14 AM
Feb 5, 2015 9:10 AM

Nov 2014
Great Episode! Finally tons of action
Hi there

Jan 2013
What's with the stupid censoring in this episode -.-
Now it even starts with Tokyo Ghoul -.-

For not having read the manga, I'm quite confused with what has been happening with Kaneki. Did he eat Shinohara? Or just his armor?

Nov 2012
finally same action OoO
Feb 5, 2015 9:19 AM

Jul 2014
That was magnificent, and definitely makes up for the lackluster animation of the last episode. The censoring was a bit disappointing, but I'm just going to assume that that's because of ISIS and won't be a trend for the rest of this series. Centipede Kaneki's movements were excellently done, and I loved how they used this new form of Kaneki to show just how much damage Yamori really did. At the same time though, it was a strong moment when Amon made Kaneki come to his senses. And who would have thought that Suzuya could wreck those one-eyed ghouls so easily?

More of this going forward please.
Feb 5, 2015 9:20 AM

Sep 2014
This moronic censure is really starting to bother me, a lot.
Feb 5, 2015 9:22 AM

Sep 2012
Owl is fucking HUGE
Oh god who are you people?
Feb 5, 2015 9:23 AM
Jul 2014
Didn't like it at all. Sure the action scenes were not bad, but at this point what the hell is the actual story???
All I see is some sensless fighting, and characters doing things that don't make sense at all. We have alot of characters and quite alot of action but there is nothing holding it together. 2/5
Feb 5, 2015 9:24 AM
Aug 2014
Lichtspiel said:

For not having read the manga, I'm quite confused with what has been happening with Kaneki. Did he eat Shinohara? Or just his armor?

Kaneki was just eating Shinohara's Arata armour. I bet you'll be given an answer in the next episode... But if you recall in season 1 Jason told Kaneki about a certain rumour about cannibalising ghouls... (I don't want to spoil anything ^^' and I do suggest you read the manga ;) )

Looking forward to episode 6! Can't wait to see what Ishida-Sensei has in mind :3
Feb 5, 2015 9:24 AM

Oct 2014
"How many kagune sacs does this guy have?!"
"A thousand... minus seven."
JESUS
F*CKING
CHRIST
THAT WAS SO BADASS, I WAS SCREAMING AND ALMOST CRYING!

Holy moly, what an episode. So much epicness, really. I love how they animated Kaneki's kakuja, the centipede looked awesome. The entire fight-scene was surprisingly good. The OST could've been better, more crazy and twisted, just like Kaneki's mind at that moment. Talking about Kaneki, Natsuki did great job with his voice!

Also, didn't expect Ayato to bring tears to my eyes. That was such a heart-breaking moment. I now have respect for him.

I think I like Suzuya more and more with every episode/chapter of manga. But I'm a little worried that his fight vs Kurona and Nashiro was so early. Does it mean that this season will end at the same point as manga did? :/

Very good episode, with very good animation, OST wasn't that good. And the ED arts, Suzuya looks sooo creepy xD

EDIT: Forgot to complain about the censorship. Really? That was such a stupid way to do this... I'm not a fan of censoring, gore is gore, but it could've been done better, like in 1st season, when they used black and shadows.

Mod Edit: Spoiler removed.
rodacFeb 6, 2015 6:31 PM
Feb 5, 2015 9:27 AM

Jun 2014
This has to be the first episode I have enjoyed so far this season. 9/10 Really good!
Feb 5, 2015 9:36 AM
Sep 2014
That episode was off the flipping charts. Kaneki went insane! Best episode so far of season 2. And damn that owl looked different to the owl in the first episode. Things are really starting to get crazy. Poor shinohara he got wrecked n probably eaten. The whole episode was a madness. Things are hotting up.
Feb 5, 2015 9:37 AM

Jul 2012
TheOutsider6 said:
Also, didn't expect Ayato to bring tears to my eyes. That was such a heart-breaking moment. I now have respect for him.

I literally hated Ayato until this episode. He's like "FK YOU TOUKA FK YOU DAD" But in reality, he's just the same as Touka ;_; AYATO YOU'RE WRECKING ME
Feb 5, 2015 9:39 AM

Feb 2014
Best episode ever holy shit 10/10.
As I thought centipede was awesome animated!
Feb 5, 2015 9:39 AM

Apr 2013
great episode that could have been better if it was not for the censorship that completely ruined these scenes. this was even worse than the reverse color shit from the first season

thankfully i was right and the budget saved with the shitty animation last week was used here.
Feb 5, 2015 9:40 AM

Nov 2012
this episode compensate for shitty animation last week... well, all battle besides centipede are shitty though...

anyway, SS-Rate One Eyed Centipede

im already impatience of arima badass mofos in the future somehow lol
Feb 5, 2015 9:42 AM

Oct 2013
So in the end it comes down to Kaneki getting another power-up huh? 5th episodes in now and no explanation on why he joined Aogiri. I'm starting to think that we won't get any and just supposed to believe that he did it to protect Anteiku from himself or doesn't belong there anymore or something. That sound's fair but you know, actually getting to hear it from him would be nice.

I was also gonna comment on the fact that Jujo feel's a rather out of place as part of CCG. He moves like a ghoul, better than a lot even, vastly superior from from any other CCG member. But then again, I probably shouldn't be expecting too many answers by this point.

I'm surprised this is still fairly entertaining though, considering that the story's been almost nonexistent so far.
Feb 5, 2015 9:42 AM

Nov 2012
Lichtspiel said:
What's with the stupid censoring in this episode -.-
Now it even starts with Tokyo Ghoul -.-

probably we will have flashback next episode with crazy kaneki and shachi and 1 more person before he become more insane and rekt shinohara
Feb 5, 2015 9:51 AM
Feb 2015
Kvothe51 said:
Vost96 said:
What happen to sachi?

Wasn't it obvious that his Kagune was severely weakened because of the gas?

I mean, it was really obvious yeah, but you do realize that this is an anime only discussion thread?

Oh yeah that CRC gas, I was too exciting about kaneki centipede XD. thx dude
Feb 5, 2015 9:52 AM

Aug 2010
I loved this ep but u gotta admit though...If ur to compare the manga scenes to this ep it would feel so lack luster. I mean just look at the friggin art difference!!! The craziness depiction is on another level ^^;
Feb 5, 2015 9:54 AM
May 2014
wow how are people liking this episode... I mean, that vampire girl literally watched for 30 seconds as her other vampire girl friend got butchered despite being right there and ready to fight. It's like the animators don't give TWO SHITS about the anime anymore. I mean, it would take extra effort to animate a 3-person fight right?? Rant over.
Feb 5, 2015 9:55 AM

Dec 2013
Amazing episode.

It was great to learn more about what happened to Kaneki when he was tortured. "Fingers on the table, centipedes in my ear."

Really helps show just how badly that messed him up.
Feel free to message me to chat.
Feb 5, 2015 9:55 AM

Nov 2014
10/10 Finally some action and that Owl at the end... JUST OMG!
Feb 5, 2015 9:56 AM

Nov 2012
bladeangel said:
wow how are people liking this episode... I mean, that vampire girl literally watched for 30 seconds as her other vampire girl friend got butchered despite being right there and ready to fight. It's like the animators don't give TWO SHITS about the anime anymore. I mean, it would take extra effort to animate a 3-person fight right?? Rant over.
because "fuck other scenes, we need to focus on centipede!"
Feb 5, 2015 9:58 AM

Oct 2014
Whoa, so those two half ghouls were that psych kid's classmates....geez he should've done less talk and more slashing
Feb 5, 2015 10:00 AM

Aug 2013
was the best episode so far

Barion-Zara said:
I loved this ep but u gotta admit though...If ur to compare the manga scenes to this ep it would feel so lack luster. I mean just look at the friggin art difference!!! The craziness depiction is on another level ^^;

i need to say in the manga i had those moments where you say like this shit is crazy and awesome but the anime is like yeah not bad but nothing more it just misses the psychological feeling
JousukeFeb 5, 2015 10:03 AM
Feb 5, 2015 10:04 AM

Nov 2012
Juuzou's past should be better explained like the history with the cats but well since it's 12 eps i guess they don't have time for that.
Feb 5, 2015 10:05 AM

Dec 2010
This episode was terrible. :|
Feb 5, 2015 10:11 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Censorship, i missed you so much. <3
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 5, 2015 10:19 AM

Sep 2014
Owl appeared.. Now something interesting has to happen..
Feb 5, 2015 10:20 AM

Mar 2013
This episode was terrible , and this season overall its pretty bad, like whats the story wtf is going on? its been nothing but random ass battles some with almost no context, bland uninteresting characters who we know nothing about yet in this episode we're suppose to feel for them , kaneki himself has been pretty terrible as a character and to this point we have no idea whats going through his head or what exactly he's trying to accomplish not to mention this group of ghouls he has joined.

How exactly is this shit one of the most popular series out?
Feb 5, 2015 10:20 AM

Jan 2014
bladeangel said:
Did you watch the episode? She was attacking juuzo with her kagune.
Feb 5, 2015 10:21 AM

Nov 2012
raiken6 said:

How exactly is this shit one of the most popular series out?

because ppl read the manga
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

760 by ShirJager »»
Apr 17, 5:39 PM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

37 by Zimmu »»
Apr 3, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2015

256 by dustyblue »»
Feb 7, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

300 by RapidPhantom »»
Jan 23, 7:50 AM

» From a strictly anime only viewpoint, Tokyo Ghoul S2 was good ( 1 2 )

CickNipolla - Feb 15, 2022

53 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Dec 23, 2023 7:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.