Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 15, 2015 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
I wonder if Migi was simply manipulating the investigator or if he actually believed what he was saying. It would be interesting if the latter is true, but I think everyone is jumping to conclusions there a bit too quickly. Shinichi on the other hand is definitely losing his sanity. It's not so much that he's becoming more like a parasyte at the moment, because he's still expressing emotions. Rather, he's becoming more like a psychopath due to his inability to find a balance between his human and parasyte natures.

I'm starting to wonder if this series is more about the characters, and people in general, than it is about its plot. I came into this thinking it would be a plot-heavy series, though now it seems I may have been mistaken.
Jan 15, 2015 11:42 AM

Jun 2012
I think Ryouko and Shinichi are supposed to be counterparts; she is becoming more human, he is becoming more monster.

Maybe the baby is Migi's counterpart.

Also, no Mopey-Murano this episode!
Shoot first, think never.
Jan 15, 2015 11:57 AM

Jan 2013
Dimitrije1606 said:
EasyGo-er said:

You should put spoiler tags on your comment because there is always that one guy who will complain about it.

Jan 15, 2015 12:32 PM

Jan 2012
shinichi in previous episodes: GEEZ I MUST STAY HUMAN CAN'T LOSE MY HUMAN HEART MY HUMAN MIND HUMAAAN MEEE

shinichi now: gtfo humans

lmao
Jan 15, 2015 12:39 PM

Oct 2013
Meet a dead person huh?

Death flag? maybe?
Jan 15, 2015 12:40 PM

Jun 2013
Nei-san said:
Dimitrije1606 said:

You should put spoiler tags on your comment because there is always that one guy who will complain about it.

Ad Astra Per Aspera
Jan 15, 2015 12:48 PM

Dec 2013
TripleSRank said:
I wonder if Migi was simply manipulating the investigator or if he actually believed what he was saying. It would be interesting if the latter is true, but I think everyone is jumping to conclusions there a bit too quickly. Shinichi on the other hand is definitely losing his sanity. It's not so much that he's becoming more like a parasyte at the moment, because he's still expressing emotions. Rather, he's becoming more like a psychopath due to his inability to find a balance between his human and parasyte natures.

I'm starting to wonder if this series is more about the characters, and people in general, than it is about its plot. I came into this thinking it would be a plot-heavy series, though now it seems I may have been mistaken.

Thank you. I realized that way ago.
Jan 15, 2015 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm..! Looks like Sinichi is gonna change a lot more than I thought...
Jan 15, 2015 2:52 PM

Jun 2014
I was kinda hoping for a new opening but hopefully it'll be soon
Jan 15, 2015 3:48 PM
Oct 2013
the last scene gave me the chill

Jan 15, 2015 3:59 PM

Aug 2014
Shinichi went full "I made my shoes shine with coal, but my polish didn't shine the hole" at that last scene.

HOLY SHIT CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE 10/10 WOULD LET MIGI TOUCH ME
Jan 15, 2015 5:57 PM

Dec 2012
MrKai23 said:
DarkCyclone said:

He said "I killed her" though. And he didn't. Even worse. He couldn't kill her... re-watch that fight again to see what I mean.

They honestly shouldn't mess with the continuity just go down this route. It's lazy
Yes he clearly had a part in killing her.

Are you saying a person who helps a killer kill someone is not a killer?

Having a part in killing =/= killing.

You could even argue Shinichi did not play a pivotal role in killing her. He held her off for a bit but since Uda had already faked his death, him and Joe could've attacked from behind at any point and the parasite still wouldn't have known...

Now Shinichi and Migi have killed plenty I never said they weren't killers, but this is one specific instance where he's staking claim of killing the mom parasite when he didn't. There's really nothing to argue here, he didn't kill the mom parasite.
Jan 15, 2015 6:35 PM

Aug 2010
Shinichii totally lost it. That laugh at the end was awesome.

It looks like Migi is starting to gain human emotions.
Jan 15, 2015 6:35 PM

Aug 2014
Damn. Ryouko is being super more bitch than before this laughing of a slut to me I want
her dead how dare she treating a baby like this it's so funny when he said out-of-the-way
humans and I love the way he tell her I killed that parson.

Mamoru made a funny face there, I think Migi really starting to understand human emotions
or his just playing, well Izumi you will get over this just be ready to kill all these aliens now
go next.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jan 15, 2015 6:37 PM

Jul 2009
Dimitrije1606 said:
I wanted to ask something about manga and anime, and though this is not really a spoiler, I will use spoiler tag.

Jan 15, 2015 6:49 PM

Mar 2014
Am I the only one who thought Shinichi's ending part wasn't out of 'happiness' for killing her, but one of regret? I mean, the laugh was creepy, but it doesn't suit Shinichi to be happy about killing his mother. Rather, a smile of forced regret seems like it could be a bit more appropriate? So, yeah my views are probably slightly flawed, but I would like to hear more than just "he's just losing his humanity"

Okay, he is definitely a little loopy, as he associates the one who "re-opened" the hole in his heart as his mother, rather than Tamya. Who, was the one he was pissed off at (Recalling the using baby as a shield thing) - obviously, his memories are haywire (as he forgets sad things straight away... Except for the whole "I killed my mother" matter. Which isn't even true - that was Joe's doing, right?
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
Jan 15, 2015 8:27 PM

Dec 2012
Shinichi becoming less and less human, his final laugh was incredible.
Kill that girl !
Jan 15, 2015 9:17 PM

May 2014
PhysiquedParrot said:
OnlyTemporary said:
lazy sound work with the baby cries cutting off instantly. it should hiccup itself into silence or something over like a second at least. it just sounds like lazy sound work really, im not convinced a child can instantly stop crying like that no matter how creepily its mother tells it to shut the fuck up

are you convinced that parasytes exist then?xD
um... no?
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
Jan 15, 2015 10:58 PM

Jan 2014
A really great episode. It was fun to watch Tamiya
and her child haha I like her, to be honest. Weird.
Jan 16, 2015 12:11 AM
Aug 2012
I never get tired of the op song.
Jan 16, 2015 6:28 AM

Dec 2014
I love how in the fortune teller scene that even though it's supposed to be some spiritual type of thing, It's really a more literal sense. "Hole in your heart" Hahaha XDD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2015 1:19 PM

Dec 2013
The best episode of the series so far. This represents a return to its roots and what made this show so intriguing to begin with. I was going to drop this, but now I'm having second thoughts.
Jan 16, 2015 1:29 PM

Jan 2014
Joe for Jaw. Kinda cool.
Talking about the episode, it was pretty nice. I had a feeling that something will happen to the baby, but it stayed alive...maybe for now?
"I will use this baby as a shield" made me shiver and laught at the same time.
Shinichi is getting more inhuman each episode. So it is getting more interesting each episode.
Looking forward to the next week.
Jan 16, 2015 2:48 PM

Aug 2014
Izumi how dare you to say that to an old lady which was trying to help you...?! :(
Before the last part, the rest of the episode was nice.
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 16, 2015 3:06 PM

Mar 2013
Great episode again,
nice team work of Shinichi and Uda,
Shinichi finally manage to catch up with that inspector.
I starting to feel bad for Shinichi again after Migi words - having
to endure all this without no one to hear you out no wonder he losing it.
Tamiya again with her baby and she using him more as a tool - that laugh.....

Shinichi losing it again and that smile -
(now anyone can see what Murano meant all this time)

http://oi59.tinypic.com/20adks2.jpg
Jan 16, 2015 3:53 PM

Sep 2009
I want mooooooore!
Jan 16, 2015 9:11 PM

Sep 2009
I'm a little disappointed in how it ended, because in the manga, Shinichi walks off.

And we are left with the fortune teller.

Silently reconsidering their life choices.

It's hilarious.

zerorequiem_ said:
Think deeply about what the fortune teller said.

Doesn't exactly take a lot of thought to figure out what that all meant.
Jan 16, 2015 9:26 PM

Oct 2013
So why exactly is Shinichi devolving and losing his humanity? I'm confused. You don't see the other dude with the parasite on his chin going all Batman...
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Jan 16, 2015 9:59 PM

Sep 2014
It's been 14 episodes and Shinichi has yet to take action about his situation. I
Jan 16, 2015 11:01 PM

Apr 2007
NoongaJuice said:
So why exactly is Shinichi devolving and losing his humanity? I'm confused. You don't see the other dude with the parasite on his chin going all Batman...

thats because the other dude still has a human heart, while Shinichi has kinda a parasyte heart
Jan 17, 2015 1:37 AM

Aug 2011
Tamiya and her interactions with the baby always crack me up, especially the way she keeps holding it xD Please don't kill her off, editors, she's one of the best characters in the show!!

Shinichi's losing it more and more with each episode, while Migi's subconsciously becoming more and more human without intending to is such an interesting thing to see.
死ねカス国に帰れ
Jan 17, 2015 6:14 AM
Nov 2014
Lol at Migi and Joe when they imitated the inspector face
Jan 17, 2015 7:49 AM

Nov 2013
The title of this episode is the same as one of my favorite books. Even the lecture material is from the Selfish Gene too.
This anime... it's in my top 10 all time favorite anime now.
Jan 17, 2015 7:56 AM

Sep 2010
good episode , cant wait for more.
Jan 17, 2015 8:01 AM

May 2013
Lol, Tamiya is one crazy mother. Dat lecture tho.
Mr. Private Investigator seems like he'll be a bit more important.
Hooray, Uda and Joe appear! (^_^)

Hmm, interesting how Migi's becoming more human and Shinichi's changing as well.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 17, 2015 8:27 AM

Feb 2013
So good. I really like the pacing of the series. I don't say that often enough about animu in general.
Jan 17, 2015 10:18 AM

Jun 2013
That face when shinichi says, " I killed that person ".
10/10
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Jan 17, 2015 12:14 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was pretty good in terms of the character change.
Migi is getting smart at manipulating the human psychological pattern. He first tried to explain things to the P.I., and when coercing by passive means didn't seem to work on him, he used the shock/aggressive factor coupled with attacking the man's "selfish" sense of morality. In reality, if the P.I. wasn't so scared that he was about to wet his pants, he would have realized that his argument was still sound in the fact that he shouldn't have taken the parasites as equals of humans (which is the main issue that comes into play when trying to lock up Shiniichi and Migi - considering that Shiniichi can totally live without Migi, but not vice versa) as Migi was implying.

Shiniichi gave in to his animalistic tendencies in the end after some riling up by Tamiya. I cracked up when she started using her kid as a shield, it was both repulsive and hilarious at the same time, and if Shiniichi really had the drive to kill her, even her baby would do nothing but become minced meat.

That fortune teller must be pissing her pants after such a revelation.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 17, 2015 2:05 PM

Dec 2013
It still surprises me every time Ryouko tells her baby to be quite and it shuts up immediate. Overall another good episode and Shinichi's response to the old lady at the end was awesome.
Jan 17, 2015 4:32 PM

Oct 2010
why do you always leave such a big whole in my heart Kiseiju!? so hanging off a cliff right now
Jan 17, 2015 6:36 PM

Mar 2014
I think it's becoming more and more clear that Shinichi is becoming more parsyte, while Migi is becoming more human.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jan 17, 2015 10:40 PM
AnimeLover

Aug 2011
Shinichi and Miga are basically switching roles now :P
Jan 18, 2015 4:52 AM

Dec 2014
it looks like the parasites are starting to develop human emotion like Tamiya laughing and Migi feeling sympathy for Shinichi when he tells the detective about Shinichi's past.
Jan 18, 2015 9:51 AM

Sep 2013
in the op song, the girl that is looking at the moon and then a face to the right of hers appear and then turns into an older woman, is that shinichi's mother?

by if she was, she looked nice when she was younger, animated wise.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Jan 18, 2015 9:52 AM

Dec 2013
HandsomeMan said:
The title of this episode is the same as one of my favorite books. Even the lecture material is from the Selfish Gene too.
This anime... it's in my top 10 all time favorite anime now.
Be hyped!
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 18, 2015 12:02 PM

Mar 2013
Damn that episode was amazing. Tamika or w/e was going to use her baby as a shield omg I want him to kill her now.
Jan 18, 2015 2:21 PM

Sep 2012
I'm impressed that they included that lecture scene, which went perfectly with the episode. However, it was all pretty basic knowledge, so I hope they expand on the idea of altruism and the selfish gene further to make it more interesting.
Saryah-90 said:
Lol at Migi and Joe when they imitated the inspector face
Jan 18, 2015 3:56 PM

Nov 2014
the way she carried that baby..

Jan 18, 2015 10:52 PM

Nov 2014
You know what... when Shinichi says that he "killed that person". I don't think he means it in that he is claiming he killed the parasite-mother because we all know Mamoru and Joe finished the job.

Remember when his father and mother were planning on going to their trip and Shinichi initially was surprised and against the idea...? Then the next day, after talking it over night with Migi, he was OK with the idea and encouraged his parents to go on their trip anyway. His mother was concerned about the sudden change in his behavior but Shinichi brushed it off, insisting that they go.

Shinichi insisted they go on their trip, meaning he inadvertently sent his mother to her death.

It's human nature to find ways to blame ourselves for things that were out of our control. Shinichi uttering that final line only proves (to me) that he is still human because he still blames himself for his mother's death.

Notice he didn't hesitate to kill the parasite who killed Kana, yet he hesitates when Migi wanted to hunt down the (human) detective...? What if Shinichi takes it upon himself to rid parasites once and for all...? Migi said their species purpose is to survive and so far, it appears that the parasites want nothing more than Shinichi to become a lab rat as a sacrifice to keep their true identities hidden. Becoming a lab rat will most likely result in death and that won't be an option for Migi nor Shinichi... at least, that's what I think...!
Jan 19, 2015 3:19 AM

Jun 2013
"Out of the way, humans!"

Oh lol, Shinichi. He's losing his humanity.

Uda returns. Lol at Migi and Joe when they imitate the private investigator's appearance. I hope the P.I doesn't betray them.

I searched "Altruism" and "Infanticide" in Google, thanks to the professor's lecture.

Tamiya is getting creepier. I find it funny how she holds the baby and laugh weirdly.

The OST is really great.

Another awesome episode indeed.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

655 by Akkumakira »»
Yesterday, 9:23 PM

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.