Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 1, 2015 2:53 PM

Aug 2010
I usually get annoyed pretty much every time she's on the screen. Thankfully she's a supporting character in the story and I hope it stays like that.

Migi best girl
Jan 1, 2015 5:46 PM

Jan 2014
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jan 2, 2015 7:23 AM

Jun 2014
I don't hate her.
Jan 2, 2015 7:30 AM

May 2013
DeadZeroSource said:

The world shall know the truth soon.
Jan 2, 2015 8:05 AM

Dec 2013
I guess she feels good too

Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 3, 2015 6:58 PM

Jan 2014
SweetCoconut said:
DeadZeroSource said:

Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jan 3, 2015 9:32 PM
Jan 2015
It's okay if she asks if he's okay now and then, but the problem is that's where it starts and ends. She doesn't inquire about what would lead to a change in his personality, she just complains about why the boy she likes isn't completely static in his personality.
Jan 6, 2015 5:50 AM
Dec 2013
god she is just way too annoying
and that one question I mean I get what they are trying to do but she already asks him after ep2 and 3 I think he wasn't even that different so it doesn't make sense

only after the business with his mother he got cold
here's hoping she gets taken by a parasyte and Shinichi has to kill her because she is definitely a weak point in this awesome show
FuckMAl4132Jan 6, 2015 5:53 AM
Jan 7, 2015 8:16 AM

Oct 2014
because she is like Ran from detective conan,
ie,
the only reason for her being there is to be the mc's love (interest) and somehow a link to his ''old world''.
She has nothing to do with the story.
I am sure that if she will get a more active role people might start to like her, but aslong as she os just there, people won't find her more then an annoyance.
Jan 7, 2015 10:11 AM

Jan 2013
Because all female characters in this anime are mentally retarded (except maybe Tamiya Ryouko).
marian11Jan 7, 2015 10:14 AM
Jan 7, 2015 10:58 AM

May 2009
ANIMEONLYFAGS
Jan 7, 2015 11:04 AM

Dec 2013
The reasons why people hate some characters are quite closed minded tbh
Jan 7, 2015 11:51 AM

Aug 2013
SH4kun said:
killbethy said:
Because she isn't Kana

Bullshit. She is much better (but I don't hate Kana, just to be clear).
Omg she is naive, but is it making her bad? NO. I like her very much, she is just normal girl.
rsc-plJan 7, 2015 11:57 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 7, 2015 12:00 PM

Nov 2012
People don't like her because she knows nothing of whats going on, so when she is naive to the goings on around her involving the parasites people are like, "oh you dumb bitch, your a high school girl and you can't figure all this out?! die!!"

Fact is there isn't really a female lead in this show because as someone said on a previous page, this is really all about Shinichi and his changing and coping with having a parasite in his hand.
niaxatoJan 7, 2015 12:18 PM
Jan 7, 2015 12:26 PM

Aug 2011
She asks Shinichi a question that ignores any logic and rationality. She gets the most obvious answer possible. Then she proceeds to ask the same question 5 more times. Does she expect him to say "No, I'm not Izumi Shinichi." on the 6th time? When Shinichi got mad at her acting retarded, she got offended and started ignoring him.
Jan 7, 2015 1:29 PM
Aug 2013
Kolnikov said:
What she did wrong until now? For me she's naive but pretty cute and a nice person overall. Haven't read the manga.

I get that people find her annoying. What I don't get is Murano-hate paired with Kana-love.

Murano being repeatedly concerned about the mental well being of the boy she's know for years and who she is kinda dating having a complete personality change almost overnight and won't talk to her about anything = annoying bitch

Kana being obsessive about a boy she just met, who already has a girl he likes, and going on and on about how she can only senses him (despite being proven wrong multiple times) and refuses to listen when he tells her to leave him alone = best girl.

I can understand disliking both, but liking Kana over Murano just boggles me.
Jan 8, 2015 10:20 AM

Feb 2009
- contributes nothing to the plot other than being a reminder of Shinichi's humanity, the epitome of useless
- only ever appears on screen to bitch and whine
- has no personality of her own outside of YOU'VE CHANGED SHINICHI-KUN
- speaking of, her constant repetition of her catchphrase is fucking annoying
- exists only as a love interest, not her own character
- despite all this, she receives a lot of (very repetitive) screentime, taking time away from the more interesting parasite part of the show

Honestly one of the most frustrating characters I've had the displeasure of watching. Don't remember the last time I actively wished for a character to die.
Jan 8, 2015 11:32 AM

Dec 2012
Haters have to have something to hate about the show :D
Jan 8, 2015 11:35 AM

Aug 2014
I don't find Murano annoying I find her very realistic for being in the situation which she's in...of course they could ((have)) develop((ed)) her character a little more and she'd be more than the Shinichi measuring stick and something for people to whine about haha.
Jan 8, 2015 11:44 AM

Dec 2013
Its been some time, guess i'll post my thoughts again.

I just realized i don't even hate Murano, i just find her to be annoying at times.

Is she realistic? Yes, but that doesn't mean she's a good character.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 8, 2015 11:47 AM

Dec 2013
Murano's behavior is very realistic considering that she loves Shinichi.

If a person who was a coward, emotional nerd turned into completely opposite, you'd do more stupid, annoying and irrational things.

The last episode was in particular extremely good and realistic. You people are so quick to judge inperfections and irrationality in characters.
Jan 8, 2015 2:04 PM

Jun 2013
I don't hate her because he hasn't done anything stupid nor do I like her, she's just not that interesting so far to be liked.

Lol'd at the people who said she's not contributing to the plot/story. It has psychological tag for a reason. What this show is all about anyway? Yes, Shinichi's goal is to kill all the parasyte but it has never been really emphasised again because..

PoeticJustice said:
The focus of the show is shinichi and his transformation, it is not a show with a wide and expansive cast of unique individuals.

And at this point, Murano plays, as several people have said, as a measuring stick how much Shinichi has changed. Is she unlikable? Yes. Is she not relevant? I don't think so. I'm expecting she will play a bigger role later in the future. Hope so.
Jan 9, 2015 9:38 AM

Sep 2014
I don't hate her. She is one of my favourites female characters.

She looks cute ^^ . Behavior.. It's ok to teen girl who's in love :D
Jan 9, 2015 10:07 AM

Oct 2014
Impala said:
I'm expecting she will play a bigger role later in the future. Hope so.

i hope that it will happen too,
but i don't think it will.
She will be the ''Ran'' of the series.
Jan 9, 2015 12:34 PM

Feb 2014
hoc_et_quod said:
I can understand disliking both, but liking Kana over Murano just boggles me.

I actually like them both...
Jan 9, 2015 3:37 PM

Nov 2009
Because she's boring and one-dimensional.
Jan 10, 2015 4:32 PM

Oct 2010
Droplet said:
- contributes nothing to the plot other than being a reminder of Shinichi's humanity, the epitome of useless
- only ever appears on screen to bitch and whine
- has no personality of her own outside of YOU'VE CHANGED SHINICHI-KUN
- speaking of, her constant repetition of her catchphrase is fucking annoying
- exists only as a love interest, not her own character
- despite all this, she receives a lot of (very repetitive) screentime, taking time away from the more interesting parasite part of the show

Honestly one of the most frustrating characters I've had the displeasure of watching. Don't remember the last time I actively wished for a character to die.

This!
Jan 10, 2015 4:49 PM

Nov 2014
iv0rywave said:
Because all she does is whine about how much Shinichi has changed.

this

Jan 11, 2015 4:03 AM

May 2009
Tamiyi said:

And Kana wasn't? All her dimensions wanted to fuck Shinichi.
Jan 11, 2015 4:10 AM

Dec 2013
ExTamplierRuss said:
iv0rywave said:
Because all she does is whine about how much Shinichi has changed.

this
And how do you expect she should behave in this situation? The person she loves and cares about did a complete 360 personality change. Everyone would do the same as Murano or even worse. This is Evangelion all over again. So closed minded.
Jan 11, 2015 4:16 AM

Nov 2014
robis798 said:
ExTamplierRuss said:

this
And how do you expect she should behave in this situation? The person she loves and cares about did a complete 360 personality change. Everyone would do the same as Murano or even worse. This is Evangelion all over again. So closed minded.

It is true but at this point it seems like the only reason she is in the show is to remind the viewer that Shinichi has changed. It would be nice if she got some more character development
Jan 11, 2015 4:26 AM

Dec 2013
omeg4 said:
robis798 said:

It is true but at this point it seems like the only reason she is in the show is to remind the viewer that Shinichi has changed. It would be nice if she got some more character development
Why would you think that characters are only tools to do something for the audience. I find her very realistic and because of this reason a lot of people hate her.
Jan 11, 2015 4:28 AM

Dec 2012
tsudecimo said:
What up with the Miruano hate threads? I barely felt her existence in the manga and she wasn't annoying. Did they add more original scenes of her? or is Hana Kana that annoying?

^
Jan 11, 2015 4:35 AM

Nov 2014
robis798 said:
Why would you think that characters are only tools to do something for the audience. I find her very realistic and because of this reason a lot of people hate her.

There are better ways they could have shown this imo they should have given her some more screen time/development to allow the viewers empathize with her. right now she just breaks the flow of the show for me. I do not hate her but she can get annoying because I simply do not care enough about her
Jan 11, 2015 4:42 AM

Dec 2013
omeg4 said:
robis798 said:

There are better ways they could have shown this imo they should have given her some more screen time/development to allow the viewers empathize with her. right now she just breaks the flow of the show for me. I do not hate her but she can get annoying because I simply do not care enough about her

I don't know, I don't have these sort of problems. I didn't have any problems with Shinji so maybe that's why.
Jan 11, 2015 7:45 AM

Feb 2009
robis798 said:
ExTamplierRuss said:

this

Not to counteract your post or anything, but if you turn 360 degrees you basically end up facing the same way as before.
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Jan 11, 2015 7:49 AM

Dec 2013
HungryPriest said:
robis798 said:

Not to counteract your post or anything, but if you turn 360 degrees you basically end up facing the same way as before.

180 sorry.
Jan 11, 2015 12:15 PM

Jun 2014
I don't hate her.
Jan 14, 2015 8:56 AM
Apr 2013
bastek66 said:
Tamiyi said:

Thank you. I get not liking Murano if you also did not like Kana. Kana imo is worse the Murano because Kana was just freaking dumb.

The thirst got her killed and that is it from her. All she had going for her was a nice character design.
Jan 14, 2015 8:57 AM

Dec 2013
Agafin said:
I don't hate her.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 14, 2015 11:20 AM

Sep 2011
I don't hate her, I just think she's pretty bland/boring.
Jan 14, 2015 11:34 AM

Dec 2014
Don't hate her, just prefer Kana more as a character. Kana was more straightforward about her feeling, while Murano kept denying Shinichi's change and questioned her love, which imo might be why most people dislike her.
Jan 14, 2015 2:44 PM

Jan 2015
Shes a terrible character.
Jan 14, 2015 2:53 PM

Oct 2014
bastek66 said:
Tamiyi said:

Because Kana, even if she was an idiot, actually moved the Story forward, and did try to do something (even if it was idiotic).
Murano is only there for the sake of being there, she doesn't have anything to do with the story => Boring character.
Jan 14, 2015 3:37 PM

Aug 2014
An annoying, boring and pragmatic character. Her catchphrase really started to make me hate her after the fifth time she said it. Only purpose currently is to remind us of the old Shinichi.

One thing i especially don't like is how conservative she is. She's afraid of even the slightest change, looks extremely frail and overall the type of person that easily goes into depressions. I guess that's understandable, though - after all, the manga started in the 80s, things weren't the same as they are now. She's also surprisingly self-centered for being the reserved type - ''why did you go to Kana instead of the movies with me?'' - getting mad and not taking Izumi's word that there wasn't anything between them. Also, it looks like an eventual marriage between her and Shinichi would be extremely taxing for the latter party - he'll literally have to tiptoe around her.

Overall - a character i definitely dislike.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jan 14, 2015 4:04 PM

Jun 2009
Maledict said:
''why did you go to Kana instead of the movies with me?'' - getting mad and not taking Izumi's word that there wasn't anything between them

1. His behavior completely contradict that there wasn't going anything on between those two, and you are having issue seeing why she could have doubt? Give me a break.
2. This is playing with guilt to make Izumi explain what is going on, and it also worked if it wasn't because Migi would have killed Murano.
There is also a third thing but that would be spoiler at this point to talk about.

I guess you prefer character with low intelligence, and act very 2 dimensional?
mrdkrekaJan 14, 2015 4:27 PM
Jan 14, 2015 5:22 PM

Jan 2010
The whore needs to die. End of story.

This anime can be a very good crime/mystery/suspense genre show if characters like Kana and Murano never show up ever. They have shown enough of Shinichi losing his humanity, I hope they focus on more serious things now.
Jan 14, 2015 7:13 PM

Feb 2010
HungryPriest said:

SOMEONE CLOSE THE THREAD
WE GOT AN EXPERT HERE.
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Jan 14, 2015 9:24 PM

Aug 2009
I don't usually dislike characters that often, but every once in a while there is one character that I just cannot like. This time it is Murano, simply because she is bland, boring and she kept repeating the same question. It truly got annoying when she kept harping on Izumi's changes. Which I understand, but it's not as if she tried to really find out either. Sure she hung out with him and he never tells her anything but it was still her choice to hang around him knowing that something was off. If you are friends with someone and think they've changed for the worse, you let them know, ask why and try to figure it out. If they don't tell you, give you no explanation and leave you hanging, then you drop them as a friend. Continuing to harp on the same thing get's you nowhere, move on with your life. Unless there is something she can do to help, which in this case there is absolutely nothing she can do.

The main thing I don't like is how gullible she seems to be. She believes in what ever Izumi says although it's a blatant lie. For example when he jumped from the building and hopped over the fence, then blamed it on adrenaline. Yea that's definitely the answer. I don't know she seems weak minded, easily swayed and just not the character I was hoping for her to be.

Jan 14, 2015 10:46 PM

May 2009
lovexLuffy said:
The main thing I don't like is how gullible she seems to be. She believes in what ever Izumi says although it's a blatant lie. For example when he jumped from the building and hopped over the fence, then blamed it on adrenaline. Yea that's definitely the answer. I don't know she seems weak minded, easily swayed and just not the character I was hoping for her to be.

She was scared and shocked, she barely remembers details of that moment..
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

655 by Akkumakira »»
Apr 25, 9:23 PM

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.