Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 12, 2008 1:19 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome episode. I really wasnt expecting much from Chidori, figuring her 'bodyguard' would be expecting her the whole time, but she surprised us both. Its nice that hanging out with Sousuke has rubbed off some tactics on her. As expected from an adaptation I guess, most other anime would have probably kept her helpless.

Cant believe they killed off one of the twins already too, the other one is going to be...pissed.

So far, a great season, better than the first.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 12, 2008 11:48 PM
Jan 2008
yeah must say sousuke definitely helped her out even tho he's away :P
Feb 21, 2008 6:56 AM

Feb 2008
Really, a great series! Better than the 1st season! That's Kyo-Ani for you.

He said that he is also one of a kind like Chidori, right?

So, boys can be Whispered too?! LOL!
Mar 5, 2008 3:01 AM

Jan 2008
Kind of assumed he was a Whispered from the start. Both brother and sister were geniuses, with the elder brother being a step above the latter Tessa. However, didn't expect him to kiss her like that. Also his line "I meant it when I said I love you" straight off of Outlaw Star if anyone's seen that before with the bad guy being in love with the lead female protagonist.

Chidori's actions were quite surprising in this episode. All thanks to the paranoia ways Sousuke practically displayed embedded in her mind and she's just reinacting what he would've done. However, with the fall and nakedness and all, she fails at being the silent killer ninja, but manages to beat "wraith" and the young assassin? Sigh sigh... whatever :) Still liking the story.

Mar 16, 2008 1:48 PM

Feb 2008
At first I didn't like this series, but after the last few, I do.
Oct 30, 2008 6:11 PM

Nov 2007

kyaaa! leonard testarossa x kaname chidori.. !!! waaaaa.. sousuke..beware! ahahaha..

didnt expect leonard's appearance, seems he's one of their tough enemies.. but how come?.. tessa and leonard are brothers but they dont have caommunication and what worse id their enemies?..
he's working for amalgam right?.. and their uncle.. he's stiLL thinking of leonard .. that if he's with tessa's side .. tessa wont be troubled..

hmn.. there are so many questions left.. i wish they'll do the next season reaLLy soon.. :)

chidori kaname.. battLe mode.. sugoii~ .. didnt expect that.. :)
so rain suits her type ne?.. lucky! aha..

kiss of chidorixleonard.. kyaaaaaaa! the heck!
" im not lying when i said i like you" shames! sousuke..what wiLL you do if you found that out?.. aha!
Nov 28, 2008 4:31 PM

Nov 2007
This episode was really amazing. Now, the fact Kaname Chidori is a very clever person was already known, but this made my respect for her leap into new heights. The world needs more people like her, especially anime with all those helpless girls.
Feb 4, 2009 8:25 AM

Jun 2008
Best episode so far!!!!
Mar 21, 2009 9:53 PM

Dec 2007
Well, it stands to reason that Kaname picked up some skills from being around Sousuke all the time. I say well done.

I'm upset they killed one of the twins, though. I thought they were two of the best things about this series so far.
Mar 25, 2009 4:23 PM

Dec 2008
heh. it appears that Chidori is suffering from some sousuke withdrawal symptoms.
Jul 29, 2009 12:17 PM
Feb 2008
Huh. I expected some melodrama in this ep since Chidori is such a vapid bitch but I gotta give her some credit. Definitely interesting and the whole Testarossa thing would make Shamalyan perk his eyebrows up. But what the hell was up with the fat survelliance guy? I mean he sounded robotic on the phone (moreso in Japanese than English) and when they shot him it looked like it was a mask....and one of the sisters.....hmmm interesting.

This series is definitely much better than the 1st. Better pacing, tighter focus (no more highschool bullshit), nicer art and good music (speaking of which anyone know the name of the track playing when Chidori makes her final speech before the end of the ep? Kinda jazzy...slow paced song)
Jul 29, 2009 12:20 PM

Jan 2009
I liked the high school stuff, it was funny and gave -shallow :_:- depth to the characters.
Sep 23, 2009 6:50 PM

Nov 2007
ahi~~ wonder if in the next season., leonard wiLL bethere? ahi.
Oct 22, 2009 6:54 AM

Dec 2008
Beatnik said:

Awesome episode. I really wasnt expecting much from Chidori, figuring her 'bodyguard' would be expecting her the whole time, but she surprised us both. Its nice that hanging out with Sousuke has rubbed off some tactics on her. As expected from an adaptation I guess, most other anime would have probably kept her helpless.

I was also quite impressed with her action skills until she started weeping for Sousuke, which rather ruined the effect to my mind!
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Nov 9, 2009 3:42 PM

Oct 2009
Go Kaname!
Nov 15, 2009 5:25 PM

Mar 2008
Silverhammer said:
I was also quite impressed with her action skills until she started weeping for Sousuke, which rather ruined the effect to my mind!

I'd say give her a break. I think just about anyone in her position would have a small breakdown after everything that happened hit her. She's spent at least the last couple of days under heavy stress, had to track down the person spying on her, was nearly killed by a blade wielding lunatic, saw said lunatic get chocked to death by a mini AS, and then got kissed by a weird guy (sorry for those who like him). I think a breakdown that she quickly recovered from was acceptable and doesn't take anything away from what she did.

Regardless I say great job to Chidori. For someone without much experience she managed to survive. Considering she was up against someone that nearly killed Mao that's not bad at all. Figured out how she was being tracked, managed to track down and surprise Wraith, and even got that stun gun shot in. Without training all she had to rely on was some experience from being around Sousuke, her athletic strength and pure guts.

Still I'm sure she's hoping to never need to do something like that ever again.
Nov 16, 2009 11:16 AM

Dec 2008
That's a fair point, FlareKnight. I would revise my interpretation now.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Nov 21, 2009 12:46 AM

Jun 2009
Yeah, Chidori just became one of my favorite characters. I thought nothing would beat episode 6, I was wrong.

babykeiji said:
Really, a great series! Better than the 1st season! That's Kyo-Ani for you.

I think it isn't just Kyoani, I think the overall story is just plain better. I do have to hand it to Kyoani as far as pacing and writing. But, I think the Light Novel deserves some credit as well.
Ston3_FreeN7Nov 21, 2009 12:54 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 29, 2009 1:58 AM

Aug 2008
i'm mad at mithril that they took helpless and in addition brazen defender Kaname, who prefers to argue with her, instead of protecting. Chidori is just wonderfull <3 she made all by herself.

awww~~~and leonardo testarossa. i liked him from first minutes he come.
Jan 6, 2010 5:07 AM
May 2008
The end became pretty intense, seems like a lot in this season has ramped up. Also, seeing Leonardo was pretty cool.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Feb 4, 2010 11:02 PM

Jan 2009
This was a really good ep. When the twin fired the silencer at Chidori, I got very nervous. Great scene.

Mar 5, 2010 4:53 PM

Mar 2010
Amazing. I sort of feel kinda sorry for what Chidori is going through at this moment. Must be hard on her. Nonetheless, great episode.
Mar 9, 2010 12:35 PM

Jan 2008
Awesome episode!
May 16, 2010 3:10 PM

Sep 2009
Tessa's brother is quite attrative...
Aug 25, 2010 6:55 PM

May 2010
Someone needs to release those handcuffs for that guy in the hotel.

Also, who would have expect Tessa's brother is a long hair pretty boy? I mean who didn't see that coming?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 2, 2010 12:18 AM

May 2010
Chidori was so cool.

Also, :D for Chidori fanservice.
Sep 6, 2010 7:47 PM

Jun 2010
Wow... this episode was really intense! You can't help but sympathize for Chidori at the end... she really was in a lot of pain this episode...

YOU JERK Sousuke why don't you just realize orders aren't everything? Pretty much everything here was his fault...
Ocean_HorizonSep 6, 2010 7:51 PM
Oct 19, 2010 9:11 PM

Jul 2007
Wow, this episode was amazing. Very intense and very dramatic. It seems those 6 months of chidori living with sosuske has really payed off. She was definitely the star in this episode. She finally learned how to stay alive with out the need of her bodyguard. Amazing job, chidori. i can't help but feel very sory for her though, all the pain she is going through knowing that she is being watched all the time.

I don't understand why she had to take her clothes off though, what was the reason for that? lol

Nov 25, 2010 6:38 PM

May 2010
I can't believe that tessa's brother actually kiss kaname ... I hate that guy very much ...
Jan 7, 2011 6:39 PM

May 2010
I swear to god somewhere in this season they (cast, directors, writers) all of a sudden discovered divine inspiration. Like seriously, this episode doesn't even seem like it belongs in the same show as an episode from the first season, it's in a completely different ballpark. I'm frustrated that all this talent went to waste in the first season. (well, not waste, because the 1st season wasn't bad at all, but you know what I mean...)
“Money can't buy dere”
Jan 17, 2011 2:45 AM

Aug 2010
This episode is pretty awesome. I was pretty funny how even in a life and death situation she makes sure to cover her breasts up as she shoots her assailant with a taser. You'd think they'd just have her hair cover it or something convenient. Just something I had a chuckle about while watching.
Feb 4, 2011 9:31 PM

Oct 2008
Leonardo kinda reminds me of Griffith from Berserk.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 11, 2011 4:25 AM

Oct 2009
Chirodi kicks ass!o_o
and its Tessa's brother after all! Too bad the twin died :\
Feb 16, 2011 10:52 AM

Jan 2010
I know I'm beating a dead horse but I disliked the the 1st season so much. This season is on a completely different level. Really enjoying it.
Mar 21, 2011 1:12 AM

Dec 2010
Shit is getting so serious and intense, FMP 2 will probably get a 10 from me.
Mar 30, 2011 6:02 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Great episode.

Leonard is really creepy in so many ways.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 20, 2011 8:06 AM

Jul 2009
I was surprised at how awesome Kaname was in this episode (although that's probably due to her being a Whispered) and the way Yu Lan was killed was pretty damn brutal.
May 2, 2011 11:25 PM

Feb 2009
It was incredible how Chidori was able to outwit one of the lethal twins in this episode. I must give props to Kyo-Ani to make it look so believable. She is really growing as a character, I'm liking her this season a lot more than before.

Oh and Testarrosa makes his first appearance, I didn't like his character much, but I wonder what are his intentions and what kind of group or organization he works for or if he has any connection to the other ones.

And Wraith... I want to see who's behind that mask.

There's just no words to describe how insanely better Second Raid is to the first season.
May 4, 2011 6:57 PM

Sep 2009
Ow, I heard my heart make a breaking sound.
Nov 17, 2011 1:04 PM

Feb 2010
so much epic-ness thrown into a single episode.

I anticipate the reuniting between Sousuke + Chidori is going to be something else..

On ward to Hong Kong; the city that burns.
Nov 27, 2011 7:37 AM

Jul 2009
Mini AS, i want some of those.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Dec 10, 2011 3:44 PM

Jan 2010
All I can say, is that that kiss pissed the SHIT out of me. Ever since that shit with the fucker from the Mediterranean, this series has been making me rage the fuck out.
neverLampDec 10, 2011 3:48 PM
Mar 24, 2012 5:01 PM
Mar 2012
Utterly amazing episode. I hate saying this, but all of this is probably better for Chidori in the long run. She discovered a strength and confidence she never knew she had, and, I think, if her and Sosuke ever decide to go steady, they'll be able to respect each-other more as equals from now on. I just can't see Chidori playing the kidnapped princess role any more after this. I think this experience will fundamentally change her character.

The music, direction, animation, action, revelations... everything about this episode were top-notch. This is probably the best episode so far, if I'm speaking objectively.

Tessa's brother is cute, but a bit of an ass. That kiss was pretty low, considering Chidori's situation. I like how she stood up for herself there.

Sosuke, you jackass! Get back there and help your woman!

5/5 without question.
Oct 11, 2012 12:28 AM

Sep 2011
That girl lost to fucking Chidori... she must be smacking herself in hell right now.

Lots of emotion in this episode, it just keeps getting better and better! So awesome. :(
Dec 21, 2012 2:58 AM
Jan 2011
I will never forgive that kiss
I will find him and kill him for sure
Apr 14, 2013 2:12 PM

Jan 2013
Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh, such an upsetting episode.
I didn't want 'that' kiss scene.
These are the kinds of episodes that make the reunion much more emotional.

This season is way better than the first.
5/5
Aug 14, 2013 8:08 PM

Apr 2013
Damn! Damn! Damn!

I actually expected someone related to Tessa as a possible enemy.

Kaname is rocking in this episode!!! xD

That kiss was just...

So one half of the twins is dead. Who is disguised as the fat man? I suspect the other twin due to the eye color?

5/5

Oct 20, 2013 8:48 AM
Sep 2013
Agree with everything Leonard said about Chidori; it's extremely refreshing to see the girl with supernatural abilities isn't helpless as is often the case. I loved her character in both the first season and Fumoffu, and so far, I'm learning to like her even more this season.

Though...I'll have to admit, it's just a tad hard to believe that the assassin that was able to fight a Mithril SRT operative to basically a standstill was bested by a high school student with no combat experience whatsoever...

Still, great season so far, liking it even more than the first! Really happy to see the sense of humor that was established in Fumoffu has been carried over to this season. I was a little worried the transition back to a serious action/drama was going to be rough since I watched Fumoffu between the first season and this one.
Dec 29, 2013 8:33 AM

May 2012
Hohoho that kiss damn Chidori you sure were on fire, you clever girl! Pretty sweet development but things sure are getting real serious! I do wonder who that Mr.Silver really is, is he the brother of the command or what's up with that and what's up with that man that supposedly was protecting her?
Aug 9, 2014 6:08 AM

Nov 2012
uguuuu! Chidori really surprised everyone in this episode! She managed to outwit her 'bodyguard', and basically corner him out. But the ending really was just .. heartbreaking D:
and damn! Mr silver hair guy reveals to be Tessas brother. wew..
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Feb 21, 2008

58 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:13 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 11 Discussion

Jikkir - Feb 15, 2008

41 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:08 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 8 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 21, 2008

42 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:30 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 5 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 21, 2008

39 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 26, 2023 4:33 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 1 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 19, 2008

46 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 24, 2023 5:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.