Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 3, 2014 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh nice, Frederica is back now except she isn't feeling well. Cute cat

I had thought Toru had a plan but for Chaika's safety. Those guys are playing dirty for what they want sigh. Founds one of the scenes a bit disturbing with Gaz. Based BONES.

Niva's purpose also becomes known for her role as a weapon. Damn, kinda curious to see how they will wrap this up with all the buildup.
Dec 3, 2014 10:03 AM
Jan 2010
One more episode? I mean they did indeed start "wrapping it up" but things are so all over the place, I hope they can do a decent last episode.

Red Chaika. Change of heart? Hmm...Okay.

Chaika apparently still wants to confirm if her purpose is indeed just the will of Gaz. That or she wants someone to deny it. You heard that Tooru?

So Chaikas are the means of reviving THE Gaz Emperor. Can't say we didn't see that coming, just how they went about doing it...OH GOD...That labor...of giving birth to her father? My gosh. Even Shin-bro had that O_o face. LOL

We finally know who/what Guy is...or who/what the GUYS are.

Now Neeba. Still an awesome gundo. Don't care if she is the creation of Gaz. I want her for christmas.
Dec 3, 2014 11:13 AM

Jun 2014
My god, I actually cant believe next week's episode is going to be the last one.

So Chaika was just magic? Well thats one plottwist.

Cant wait for the final episode, but at the same time I'll be kinda dissapointed that its going to be the last one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2014 11:15 AM

Jan 2012
So the questions are answered but the biggest question of all remains for next week's finale: who will survive. I hope Chaika doesn't end up sacrificing herself or something like that, but I'm kinda expecting it.

Was anyone else getting a FMA's Father vibe from Gaz? I sure was anyway...
Dec 3, 2014 11:16 AM

Jun 2012
Definitely Shocking Truth!
I love you Chaika

Hartgen got the ending he deserved for being such a crusty villain though I would've preferred he suffered more. I still stand that his reason for doing everything is stupid because it all could've been resolved by talking to someone. Instead he ended being some sad poor excuse of a man living in the past
Dec 3, 2014 11:34 AM

Jul 2010
Chaika being a magic technique to bring himself back to the to the world once again.

Black Chaika having fayla organs to give Gaz the best body possible, that was really something to see her eat the remains and gave birth to the emperor!

Emperor Gaz destroying a flying castle like it is nothing with his gundo. Summoning his castle from space, that technology advancement.

Next week last episode! Damn, this really was quite the episode. Looking forward to see how they will wrap this up. Hartgen just getting killed like that. Gaz wanting to bring war into the world forever.
Dec 3, 2014 11:46 AM

Apr 2014
HybridMBL said:

Hartgen got the ending he deserved for being such a crusty villain though I would've preferred he suffered more. I still stand that his reason for doing everything is stupid because it all could've been resolved by talking to someone. Instead he ended being some sad poor excuse of a man living in the past

I think he was being controlled from when he looked into Gaz's eyes before killing him
Dec 3, 2014 11:47 AM

Oct 2014
1 more to go.
Dec 3, 2014 11:48 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
As theorized last week, black Chaika indeed had her own motive and fooled Hartgen big time there.
That eating scene was pretty gross. It almost looked like she was having an orgasm while giving birth to Emperor Gaz. (That sounds so wrong)..

Guy being a part of Gaz was a bit surprising, but now it's makes sense as he was always cuing the Chaikas to gather the remains.

That gundo shot was epic! Gaz was probably one OP Emperor and now he even summoned his own fortress/castle from the space!

Shocking episode! I don't see how Toru and crews can possibly take him down. Excited for the finale next week!

Dec 3, 2014 11:51 AM
Sep 2014
To anyone who's read the LN's; any chance of a third season/cour?
Dec 3, 2014 11:54 AM

Sep 2012
Even without reading the Ln, chances for a third season are zero.
Just look at the episode. Everything is warping up with some epic to add flavor to it Oo.
Dec 3, 2014 12:02 PM

Apr 2013
Holy shit! That's all I can say.

I can't believe they want to end it with one more episode and OVA :(
Dec 3, 2014 12:03 PM

Mar 2012
Holy Mother of all things Holy. This was one hell of an episode.

The Mystery, The Motive, The Sheer suspense and THe Epic Powers, Man this show has everything and I say best series of this year. IT is so underrated.

Oh my god Gaz Is a beast literally, How the heck are they going to defeat a wizard so powerful as him.

I cant believe next week is the last episode, Pls Let it be one epic conclusion and pls i hope nobody has to sacrifice themselves or something.

one last thing. That chaika giving birth scene, Was So Creepy O.o
Dec 3, 2014 12:09 PM

Apr 2014
Is this the end in the Light novel?
Can somebody confirm?
Or are they only wrapping it up in the anime and no chance of a Season 3?
How is the sales anyway in Japan.

Dec 3, 2014 12:11 PM

Jan 2014
Episode Nine summed up as
WARNING: INCOMING FINAL BOSS

O God. I've never seen poison made someone puke up a cat.

Dec 3, 2014 12:12 PM

Jan 2014
One cool piece of info about Chaika is that the final volume of the LN and TV series are set to release together.

NeutralSide said:
Is this the end in the Light novel?
Can somebody confirm?
Or are they only wrapping it up in the anime and no chance of a Season 3?
How is the sales anyway in Japan.
Dec 3, 2014 12:15 PM

Sep 2013
Man all the plot points are converging, I have no idea how they'll wrap this up in only one episode.
Dec 3, 2014 12:15 PM

Aug 2010
Wow that was pretty damn amazing :O Epic reveals >.<!! Is it really ending nxt week though? Plz sequel!! I don't want it to be rushed.

Too bad no Fredrica :( And will this really end without Toru contracting her D: The vomiting a body parts never fails to disturb me XD

And here I thought Black Chaika was HOT, then I suddenly see her belly(?) WTF is that O_o?!?! And she was giving birth by tentacles?! Pretty disgusting stuff there ^^;...Dem faces she was making doe :3

Loved the mindf***ed faces of everyone after the body parts started gathering. Lots of fun faces to see XD

I guess Guy wasn't exactly Gaz as was expected and at the same time he somewhat is. Well Gaz is just too BA for these kinds of things. The way he just "Death Beamed" Hartogen was so lol and awesome XD And then matured all the way to middle aged with BA white hair strand :P

Chaika's identity has been completely revealed now. She's just a magic technique. Poor girl :/...He doesn't even give a F*** about her.

Dat friggin sniping O_O All the way from there he shot sown a flying castle like nothing with Niva. F***N EPIC!! And then summoning his flying castle from outer space?! Why so hardcore :3 Loving this guy. Awesome villain alright. Lives up to his hype ^^
Dec 3, 2014 12:17 PM

Jul 2013
You know what would be awesome? A movie sequel about this final battle, BONES PLS.
Dec 3, 2014 12:17 PM

Mar 2014
Man how are they going to wrap this up in one episode? We've been waiting for Toru to form a contract with Fredrica for two whole seasons now, it better happen before the show is over

Was that a space fortress at the end?

Black Chaika transforming was just nasty

And why hasn't Gilette asked Vivi anything about her hair?
Dec 3, 2014 12:23 PM

Nov 2008
Next week will be a short episode: Gaz kills everyone, The End...

That's unless someone pulls a HUGE asspull and saves the day. Any bets on how? (My bet is on a "love conquers all" scene between white Chaika and Niva...)

One the other hand, maybe Frederica will finally do something, go Super Saiyan Dragon, and eat the reborn Gaz. (Sure, sure... if you believe that then I've got a somewhat "used" flying fortress to sell you...)
Dec 3, 2014 12:36 PM

Apr 2014
I think they end it a Cliffhanger and open for a Season 3..
Anyway still wondering if this is the end in the light novel.

Dec 3, 2014 12:43 PM

Feb 2010
The space fortress of Gaz and his "wand" both look very futuristic. I like the idea of magic being some kind of advanced technology and people are just to primitive to understand it.
Dec 3, 2014 12:52 PM

Jan 2014
No Season Three. The light novel is ending with the anime at the same time.
Dec 3, 2014 1:00 PM

Apr 2014
HelghastKillzone said:

So they aren't gonna animate the rest?
Or this is the ending for the light novel too?

Dec 3, 2014 1:04 PM

Mar 2012
HelghastKillzone said:
O God. I've never seen poison made someone puke up a cat.

I wonder if anyone's made a gif of it already. Can't wait to confuse the crap out of my friends with a zero context sequence of a warrior lady puking up a cat lol
Dec 3, 2014 1:04 PM

Jan 2014
NeutralSide said:
HelghastKillzone said:

This is the end for both the light novel and the show.

Twelve LN volumes = 22 Episodes over two seasons.
HelghastKillzoneDec 3, 2014 1:38 PM
Dec 3, 2014 1:08 PM

Apr 2014
HelghastKillzone said:
NeutralSide said:

Ten LN volumes = 22 Episodes over two seasons.

Aww,Shame I wanted more :3
I wonder what they adapt next...Mushoku Tensei?
That would be so hype for me at least.

Dec 3, 2014 1:11 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Since the end of last season I've been expecting Gaz to be reborn in some shape or form. I never did expect him to be so magnificently imperial though. Makes every single character look like a puny ant in comparison. His magic power was overwhelming.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 3, 2014 1:12 PM

Aug 2012
Holy hell that was a defining episode. Chaika's conflicts were put on the back burner so that they'd boil over to her despair here. Much like the remains all coming together, all the plot points and character progressions came together nicely, even if it's rushed.

Black Chaika giving birth was..vivid. I think the way they handled that was what really set the episode off though. The atmosphere of it coupled with Black Chaika's metaphor of worker bee/queen bee really contributed to Chaika's despair at the confirmation of being nothing more than a tool to Gaz. That was really well done considering the time restraints.

Seeing Gillette with his group again was really nostalgic and felt right, it's just a shame we didn't get a little more time to see their reunion(specifically his and Vivi's) fleshed out some.

Knew Red Chaika was going to abandon her objective in favor of her comrades. Question is what is she planning on doing after seeing Selma attacked? I have a bad feeling she'll contribute one of the possible few sacrifices in order to save her comrades and Toru :/

I think we all knew Guy was some sort of projection of Gaz, but that was still pretty crazy. Very smart how they included Guy's talk with Gillette before, as it served as a nice clue to how Gaz thinks and where his true motives lie in 'causing and collecting people's genuine emotions in times of struggle'. I really like that concept but it's a shame they only have one episode to take it anywhere.

Seriously, as good as this episode was, how the hell are they going to conclude everything they've laid out on the table in just one more??
Dec 3, 2014 1:14 PM

Jan 2014
NeutralSide said:
HelghastKillzone said:

Ten LN volumes = 22 Episodes over two seasons.

Aww,Shame I wanted more :3
I wonder what they adapt next...Mushoku Tensei?
That would be so hype for me at least.

There's a single episode OVA coming out in a few months if you need that last Chaika fix.
Dec 3, 2014 1:26 PM

Oct 2014
Damn, this is pretty good.

Gaz looks pretty bad ass with that gun.
Dec 3, 2014 1:30 PM

Dec 2012
Mfw watching this ep:

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Dec 3, 2014 1:34 PM

Nov 2012
Awesome episode,
Black Chaika tentacles and eating the remains was a bit nasty, but it was interesting.
can't wait for next episode......
Hopefully Niva will go back to Chaika......
Dec 3, 2014 1:45 PM

Sep 2012
Hoping for a good last episode.
Hopefully not a rushed one.
Oh god who are you people?
Dec 3, 2014 1:57 PM

Dec 2010
Well this was a heck of an episode! Lots of revelations, shocked Chaika's, coughing up hairballs, evil kings, creepy birthing scenes, and an orgasm.

Gaz is suitably creepy, and his plan makes a lot of sense, how else can you know the feeling of dying and the emotions it can contain, than by being killed? That should give him some INSANE emotions to draw on for the final battle...

I don't know how this can wrap up in one episode, two episodes I could see, but one? It's going to be hard I'm afraid...
Dec 3, 2014 2:10 PM

May 2009
Shocking Truth: The Episode
Also Cat puke
Dec 3, 2014 2:18 PM

Feb 2014
Well, I definitely didn't expect that... hope this will have a nice last episode.
Dec 3, 2014 2:19 PM
Mar 2012
All that shocking truth, so much shocking truths...
Dec 3, 2014 2:21 PM

Oct 2014
This episode was very intense. I really liked it. I have no idea how they're going to conclude it all in one episode, but oh well. This episode alone was good enough that if everything felt rushed next episode, I don't think that I would care very much.

Also, Black Chaika giving birth was absolutely disgusting. I feel like I'm going to have nightmares from that. >.>
Dec 3, 2014 2:25 PM
Jan 2011
bastek66 said:
Also Cat puke

orochimaru would be proud of his daughter
Dec 3, 2014 2:45 PM

May 2011
TheDrifter said:
bastek66 said:
Also Cat puke

orochimaru would be proud of his daughter

That's one hell of a furrball.

Ok next week. The remaining Chaika's merge to form SuperChaika. and she steals Niva and kills her father. Then she runs off with Gillette-sama cause Vivi Chaika wants it and Tooru gets stuck with his Sister who tried to have him stuffed for trying to run away.
Dec 3, 2014 3:18 PM
Jul 2018
Guy was part of Emperor Gaz, that was pretty surprising.

Chaika's identity was actually a magic technique.
Dec 3, 2014 3:33 PM

Jul 2010
the two funniest parts in this ep was when chaika passed out from the flashback with king and bro-jin just ignoring it then nonchalantly talking about the remains and the shocked wtf stares everyone was giving when blk chaika's tentacle were eating.
Dec 3, 2014 3:54 PM
Jan 2012
Anyone else notice how when he pulled down the castle/fortress from space/orbit that there were many of them? Dude has a galactic fleet...
Dec 3, 2014 4:02 PM

Jan 2011
Hartgen didn't even lie in the end when he told the emperor he realized the error in his way, but he still got what he deserved.

Red Chaika is really honest. Not only did she stick to abandoning the search for the other parts (there shouldn't be any left anways, though they probably don't know how many there are exactly), she also wanted to hand over the parts she got to the white Chaika. Rare to see such a character, especially after all they want through.

I wonder even more about why nobody ever tried to team up with the others though. Not even there when Red Chaika and her fellows found out the parts have been stolen and they see Toru and he tells them White Chaika was kidnapped. Both sides could have wondered if they other side got played, too..

And Gilette squad still thinks they are the heroes who have to save the day, after the only thing they've done is lagging behind the Chaikas. Gilette knew enough about Hartgens plan that he should have tried to team up with the Chaikas, especially White Chaika - he knew she only wants to bury the parts.

It all turned out quite differently then they imagined, and teaming up earlier may not have changed anything, but still..

Also, did anyone notice that it wasn't *one* space castle, but several? I count 9, but given their distribution, it's likely there are more. *A lot* more.

*edit* Well, Xhanort7 beat me to it ;)
Dec 3, 2014 4:23 PM

Aug 2013
I guess I sort of expected something like this... it's starting to fall into the typical storyline of "it was all one big bad guy's plan all alone." But it's executed epicly... so I don't mind. I'm excited to find out what happens in the last episode. :-)

Oh yeah, and movie sequel definitely needed.
Dec 3, 2014 4:31 PM

Jan 2011
2nd half of the episode, 10 minutes worth of shocked faces.
Dec 3, 2014 4:42 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode, does not surprise me the emperor to have returned to life, for the remains or would be used as a weapon or to bring it back

Only missing an episode, as the story has been explained think this will be a battle against the emperor, let's see of what Chaika is able in the last episode

Again I missed Akari, for me she is the best girl in the anime, but does not appear very ..
Dec 3, 2014 4:49 PM
Aug 2014
Holy sh*t LOL he managed to launch into space... everybody gonna get rekted....
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2014

302 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2014

70 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2014

95 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2014

91 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2014

80 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 4:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.