Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 25, 2014 7:55 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ragnarok? Very hard battle with Kirito's scream. lol @ Deja vu from season 1.

That friend saved her and received another mission (but related to last boss) even though everyone says it's a trap to save her. Frayja? Seems like she's stronger than Asuna as a speller (not sure if it's heal spell). She was forced to be the boss's bride. Talk before the battle, which continues next ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 25, 2014 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
Lmao, Klein falls in love or rather always likes girls with beauty. Not that I blame him though....

Oct 25, 2014 9:06 AM
Oct 2012
Ah, ending it there. Damn another week. For fans of Norse mythology (ah Leifa!), this is suffering.
Oct 25, 2014 9:18 AM

Jul 2007
In before anime secondaries calling this "filler" and missing obvious foreshadowing and build-up everywhere. Sigh. (Just like how they reacted to the murder mystery mini-arc in SAO, and then oh look GGO)

Anyway, as someone who is enamored with norse lore, this is such a treat to see animated.
Oct 25, 2014 9:58 AM

Sep 2012
That was so boring.
Oh god who are you people?
Oct 25, 2014 9:58 AM
Sep 2013
Lol at Klein Must be a trap but he just goes along it. I'm enjoying this more than I thought I would. Final boss is definitely a boss the height on him. Gosh damn.
Oct 25, 2014 10:04 AM

May 2013
Everyone's reaction with Klein and that girl was funny. That is one huge boss.
Oct 25, 2014 10:05 AM

Jul 2010
I actually really liked the fight against the two minotaurs especially with the music!
Klein unable to resist a girl in distress xD His honour to take that 1 percent chance of it not being a trap!

The fight against the giant king! The setting though lol
Oct 25, 2014 10:17 AM

Jul 2013

Pretty good episode.

Nice to see the old team fight together again :D

(I loved that season 1 DEJA VU reference)

Ooh, new teammate?

Klein does know she's only an NPC, right? :P

That Boss fight will be pretty intense... that triple HP bar...

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags for large images so you don't stretch the forum layout. Thanks.
LunaOct 25, 2014 12:03 PM
Oct 25, 2014 10:18 AM
Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:
In before anime secondaries calling this "filler" and missing obvious foreshadowing and build-up everywhere.

Funny thing is, I find this mini-arc to be the most enjoyable one yet, when compared to the rest (anime-wise). It doesn't take itself overly serious, focuses on game mechanics, teamplay and worldbuilding. That's all SAO should have been about, in my humble opinion anyway. Add in the norse mythology to the mix and you've got yourself an enjoyable experience.

Sad to see that it's so short. I hope i'll at least enjoy the next one.
ResidentOct 25, 2014 10:23 AM
Oct 25, 2014 10:25 AM

Jun 2014
Klein was always the best character, it was terrible how they just brushed him to the side constantly in season 1.
Oct 25, 2014 10:27 AM

Sep 2014
Isn't Norse myth basically the believing in gods like Thor etc ? Something about a huge war at the end between them all. Been so long lol.

ALO used the same system SAO did instead of like other games using a stripped down version of the seed/system.
Oct 25, 2014 10:31 AM

Jul 2007
-Resident- said:
CookingPriest said:
In before anime secondaries calling this "filler" and missing obvious foreshadowing and build-up everywhere.

Funny thing is, I find this mini-arc to be the most enjoyable one yet, when compared to the rest (anime-wise). It doesn't take itself overly serious, focuses on game mechanics, teamplay and worldbuilding. That's all SAO should have been about, in my humble opinion anyway. Add in the norse mythology to the mix and you've got yourself an enjoyable experience.

While the arc itself is not as serious(it is still quite serious) the implications built-up here have quite far-reaching consequences.
Oct 25, 2014 10:37 AM

Feb 2014
It's a trap. And I still think so in the end of this episode.
I'm happy we get a lot of Klein action in this arc, since he is the true MC.
llcruzOct 25, 2014 10:41 AM
Oct 25, 2014 10:40 AM

May 2013
I'm still loving the OP's animation! (^_^)

Yellow Minotaur took a while to kill, but good thing Kirito can Skill Connect.
Lol, it's a trap, Klein! Freyja is certainly a trap!

Thrym's pretty huge. He also has three hp bars; that's big for ALO!
Hopefully, the next battle will be epic.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Oct 25, 2014 10:40 AM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
-Resident- said:

While the arc itself is not as serious(it is still quite serious) the implications built-up here have quite far-reaching consequences.

I am guessing this final war between all these god like figures will impact the game and VR itself ?
Oct 25, 2014 10:41 AM

Jul 2012
Hm was interesting in some way but not much has happened and we have to wait another week, just when the fun part is starting ...
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Oct 25, 2014 10:41 AM
Jul 2018
Lol, Klein always falls in love with a girl who is such a beauty. Everyone's reactions to Klien was a lol.
removed-userOct 25, 2014 11:08 AM
Oct 25, 2014 10:43 AM

Aug 2010
I need DAT OST that was playing while Yui was explaining!! Anyone know the name??

Freyja looks so damn beautiful <3<3 Don't blame Klein XD

Loved the team work against those bulls. Really awesomely animated :D And Kirito's use of his 2 sword was awesome :3

Gonna be a tough and fun one nxt ep ^^
Oct 25, 2014 10:43 AM
Jun 2011
i agree with kirito and the gang it a trap
Oct 25, 2014 10:48 AM

Jan 2014
I'd really like to enjoy this show more than I do now, but too many scenes just made me cringe. Once again. D:

And of course we get another enemy that wants to forcefully make a girl his own, yay. It's not really that bad this time, considering that he probably won't last long and is a tyrant, so it's reasonable for once.

And those fights were lame, boring and too lengthy.

Oh well, the episode felt rather uneventful anyway and only like build-up for the resolution next episode.
JoekstarOct 25, 2014 10:52 AM
Oct 25, 2014 10:49 AM

Apr 2014
Stark700 said:
Awhh Klein wants a woman of his ownXD. I hope she turns out to be a trap:) I love Silica's little dagger she was using, I lol when she attacks with it. They all make a good party together.
---------My Profile------------
Oct 25, 2014 10:50 AM

Jul 2007
Lol this has to be one of the worst anime episodes I'v ever watched. The fight vs the 2 minotaurs last so long and it was so lame. Minotaurs did like 2-3 attacks whole fight (I doubt it was even that much) and all the others did was just attacking them head on and dodging one attack cause of Yui... The animation was freaking terrible too. :V

Well at least it was funny after that fight. :V
Oct 25, 2014 10:53 AM

Jul 2007
BeatzMe said:

And of course we get another enemy that wants to forcefully make a girl his own, yay. It's not really that bad this time, considering that he probably won't last long and is a tyrant, so it's reasonable for once.

Except that if they are using Thrym a villain THEY HAVE TO use that story since its one of keypieces of poetic edda, although those who are well-versed in Norse mythos, already have a good idea on WHERE this is going towards.
Oct 25, 2014 10:55 AM
Jul 2013
somebody needs to tell Klein falling in love with NPCs isn't ok... this episode was really boring. at least the pacing was fast and we will see the end of this arc soon. just hope at least the fight with thyrm can redeem this a bit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL8oBMZlLeE&feature=youtu.be
Oct 25, 2014 10:55 AM

Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:
BeatzMe said:

Except that if they are using Thrym a villain THEY HAVE TO use that story since its one of keypieces of poetic edda
http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/ice/coo/coo16.htm

Good to know, I assume. I said it wasn't so bad in this episode anyway...

That shit has just been used way to often in this show before, so it too easily annoys me now.
Oct 25, 2014 10:56 AM

Jun 2014
Fucking hell, it's amazing how boring something can be whilst having all this flashy stuff happening on screen.
The battles are retarded. Why did they have such low mana against that first boss? Do they know the definition of insanity? They tried to make it seem as though using magic based attacks against something with low magic resist was a big revelation. Exploiting weaknesses is the most basic thing in games.
It's annoying how everyone has to get their share of the action as well, it's just so forced. "We win with teamwork!".

If this was released on a weekday I certainly wouldn't be wasting my time with it.

CookingPriest said:
BeatzMe said:

Except that if they are using Thrym a villain THEY HAVE TO use that story since its one of keypieces of poetic edda, although those who are well-versed in Norse mythos, already have a good idea on WHERE this is going towards.

Well not really. It's based on myths, that doesn't mean following the same plot.
Oct 25, 2014 10:57 AM

Mar 2013
How long does this mini arc last? its rather boring and the action scene was pretty generic tbh with 0 tension to make it even remotely exciting
Oct 25, 2014 10:58 AM

Nov 2008
Its Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th.
Oct 25, 2014 11:00 AM

Dec 2011
Kind of disappointing to see the mini bosses fight with the team. Hopefully the boss will give us a great animation of the fight.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2014 11:01 AM

Jul 2014
Wonderful episode.

Kirito going full ham. beater

Can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 25, 2014 11:18 AM

Oct 2013
Dat deja vu. Lol
Oct 25, 2014 11:27 AM
Apr 2013
Even though I enjoyed this episode, I think this whole arc is useless.
Oct 25, 2014 11:27 AM

Apr 2012
This arc is terrible for me but I respect everyone's opinion who likes it :/
Oct 25, 2014 11:29 AM

Jul 2007
Chabe said:

Well not really. It's based on myths, that doesn't mean following the same plot.

Yui pretty much said this episode that Cardinal system generates quests by making players replay the fitting legends and only changing elements in them.

Which is why this is such a high-stakes - if they fail, the "legend" plays out to its fitting conclusion in norse mythology - ragnarok, the twilight of gods, where ENTIRE WORLD is destroyed.

It showcases how this virtual reality is moving beyond "set principles" or "scripted quests". Its unpredictable and I doubt even those who designed such systems had any idea where this could lead. NPCs and AIs are no longer "static" figures to be interacted with - on a whim of the system itself, they can be no less predictable than real human beings.
Oct 25, 2014 11:31 AM

Jan 2013
The fighting scene was pretty cool :)
But haha Klein and Freiya, that was funny, although being fanservice :p
I think that releasing Freiya was the right decision.

Oct 25, 2014 11:34 AM

Dec 2012
Pretty enjoyable episode with all the action and stuff.
Oct 25, 2014 11:35 AM

May 2010
That cliffhanger...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 25, 2014 11:46 AM

Nov 2013
The animation is this episode was really good! Those fight scenes,effects and camera angles were well done!

Also,i love the fact that they introduced a quest with mythology and gods and so on! Those kind of things captivate me!!

Klein had some good and funny moments this episode haha~ ^~^
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Oct 25, 2014 11:47 AM

Jun 2014
CookingPriest said:
Chabe said:

Yui pretty much said this episode that Cardinal system generates quests by making players replay the fitting legends and only changing elements in them.

Is that supposed to contradict my point? Elements are changed, meaning that the plot doesn't have to be the same.

CookingPriest said:
Which is why this is such a high-stakes - if they fail, the "legend" plays out to its fitting conclusion in norse mythology - ragnarok, the twilight of gods, where ENTIRE WORLD is destroyed.

If you count being well versed in Norse mythos as knowing about Ragnarok then you're very easily impressed. I thought you were talking about some plot points that require more than general knowledge.
Oct 25, 2014 11:52 AM

Oct 2013
Looking forward for the final boss fight.

Oct 25, 2014 11:53 AM

Aug 2007
Good ep. Middle with the minotaur battle wasn't anything special other then the deja vu part. Mostly enjoyed Yui's explanations and the whole Klein falling for the NPC. Well its time for the boss battle. I can't wait to see how it gets taken down!

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 25, 2014 11:54 AM

Oct 2013
Boring.
Oct 25, 2014 11:56 AM
Aug 2013
Deja vu
Oct 25, 2014 12:00 PM

Sep 2014
darkreaver94 said:
Fire and Ice? Dual swords? Reminds me of Haru's Blue Crimson from Rave.

Kind of disappointed with the fight. The black minotaur basically just do nothing while Kirito and his gangs were attacking the yellow minotaur. Did Kirito forget about his ability to cast illusion as a spriggan? I really hate how everyone was like so surprised with Kirito and his unknown skills. It makes Kirito looks like a bad person for not telling them his new skills.

Seems like next week will conclude the mini arc.

I don't think it was really a unknown skill. It just sounds like he chained his attacks. Used one sword then when that was done just used the other. It sounded more of they did not know you could use back to back sword skills.
Oct 25, 2014 12:01 PM

Apr 2013
Legitimately a scene for scene copy from episode 7 in the first season. Generic battle shounen here we come.
Oct 25, 2014 12:03 PM

Jun 2013
It's a trap. Remember that word well.
Oct 25, 2014 12:04 PM

Jul 2007
Bomb2chest said:
darkreaver94 said:
Fire and Ice? Dual swords? Reminds me of Haru's Blue Crimson from Rave.

Kind of disappointed with the fight. The black minotaur basically just do nothing while Kirito and his gangs were attacking the yellow minotaur. Did Kirito forget about his ability to cast illusion as a spriggan? I really hate how everyone was like so surprised with Kirito and his unknown skills. It makes Kirito looks like a bad person for not telling them his new skills.

Seems like next week will conclude the mini arc.

I don't think it was really a unknown skill. It just sounds like he chained his attacks. Used one sword then when that was done just used the other. It sounded more of they did not know you could use back to back sword skills.

He pretty much explained it.

He used a skill in each sword to counteract the cooldown. Its less of attacking with dual swords and more of attacking with one sword and then the other in succession.

Its not a skill like dualwielding. Its kirito, being a vet in mmos already, exploiting the existing battle mechanics to maximum efficiency.

Chabe said:
CookingPriest said:

Is that supposed to contradict my point? Elements are changed, meaning that the plot doesn't have to be the same.

CookingPriest said:

If you count being well versed in Norse mythos as knowing about Ragnarok then you're very easily impressed. I thought you were talking about some plot points that require more than general knowledge.

Let's continue this next episode.
Oct 25, 2014 12:05 PM

Jun 2014
CookingPriest said:
Let's continue this next episode.

Na, I read enough of your pretentious shit in the FSN threads.
Oct 25, 2014 12:14 PM

Nov 2007
I actually really loved this episode allot, the animation was marvelous.
Just as Asuna said "de ja vu" I also had one even before she mentioned it xD then again maybe that's why I loved the ep this much, I mean I loved episode 9 from season 1 the most as well :x
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

» Do Kirito and Asuna's romance get developed further in this season and subsequent seasons? ( 1 2 )

holo-simp - Jul 20, 2023

51 by qnqel »»
Jan 5, 4:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.