Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 23, 2014 10:13 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I gotta give Bell some credit for taking risky moves this episode. Not that I blame him though since he doesn't have much of a choice now with the incident with Aida.

Decent battle scenes this episode. Not sure I can get used to the OST yet though but Bell did well imo for his fight. Hope he doesn't get too caught up in tense moments soon against the Capital Forces..great piloting skills though as usual. Bell yells too much Aida shouldn't apologize so much either.
Oct 23, 2014 11:20 AM

Jan 2011
Lol @ that guy staying on the G-self during the fight. Glad to see the MCs and the Megafauna crew getting along. Can't wait to see Mick Jack and her Hecate in action.
VioLinkOct 23, 2014 9:40 PM
[center]
Oct 23, 2014 3:01 PM

Jul 2012
Hmm okay. Decent episode, not a lot is happening and we still don't know in what kind of direction this show is going.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Oct 23, 2014 3:42 PM

Aug 2007
Not bad. Mask man didn't disappoint at all. If we don't get more of him I'll be sad. :P Well they really driving it home that G-Self is an impressive machine. I wonder when we finally get answers on it.

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 23, 2014 3:59 PM

Jan 2009
the brown/morena/tanned girls on this anime are hot at least like this one

im disappointed that the there are no sakuga scenes on battle scenes
Oct 23, 2014 4:00 PM
Oct 2010
So the princess is a lesbian?
Oct 23, 2014 4:09 PM

Jan 2009
skudoops said:

yep she is lesbian from what i can tell too
Oct 23, 2014 4:47 PM

Oct 2009
j0x said:
skudoops said:

And here I thought the scene was about those nice headphones :(

Edit: Damn, absolutely missed the slap >_<
RinglordOct 23, 2014 5:18 PM
Oct 23, 2014 5:01 PM
Oct 2010
Ringlord said:
j0x said:

And here I thought the scene was about those nice headphones :(

At first I thought she was listening to something to, then the ass touch happened!
Oct 23, 2014 5:07 PM

Dec 2012
Mick Jack, what a name for a chick :)

Towasanga is a mysterious place in space, where Raraiya came from, and where the elevator and the power systems originate. The G-Self is not an enemy, because it was made there, although only the upcoming Princess could activate it (and the Arcana) on Earth, aside from Bellri in the Capital Tower. The special G-Self attack in the previous episode has fallen in place.

Double spying, double V water bombs, Raraiya pulling Klim's braid, I already hate this fish for some unknown reason.
Oct 23, 2014 5:53 PM

Aug 2011
Luin Lee as the mask man.

This or he has a twin brother.

Did I mention how much I love the OP and ED? Are the singles out?

» Escapism.

Oct 23, 2014 6:27 PM
Jul 2011
Luin is that you?

Lieutenant Klim, so much for being a genius. :D
Oct 23, 2014 7:02 PM

Sep 2008
OH MY GOD, SHE'S A LESBIAN.
Oct 23, 2014 7:04 PM
Jul 2018
What's up with a guy staying in G-self during a fight?
Oct 23, 2014 8:29 PM

Sep 2011
yes finally a char clone, these guys are generally pretty awesome as long as your names arent jerid messa or chronicle ashter, been wanting this guy to appear since he showed up in the ED,

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 23, 2014 8:33 PM

Apr 2012
skudoops said:

ALL MY YES
At first I thought the other girl passed Aida a message or something...

The fight was pretty cool! I like the Elf Bullock.
Kotori_SonodaOct 23, 2014 8:38 PM
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Oct 23, 2014 8:42 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Lol when Raraiya pulled Klim's braid. At first I didn't really like him, but he seems pretty chill actually.
Oct 23, 2014 8:47 PM

Sep 2011
tingy said:
Lol when Raraiya pulled Klim's braid. At first I didn't really like him, but he seems pretty chill actually.
hes kind of a pompous dick but that oddly adds a bit to him being fairly likable so far, i know that makes little sense but he just kind of stands out in the cast because of it and that makes him fairly refreshing as a result, hoping he'll be a among the major supporting characters

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 23, 2014 9:06 PM
Jan 2012
I think we have a clear idea of the plot of this show. The Capital Army is making excuses to militarize itself and slowly taking control of the photon battery production away from the Capital Guard. That colonel's ambitious.
Oct 23, 2014 9:50 PM
Feb 2013
Really starting to like this show more and more seems like it's kind of heading in my favorite direction when it comes to mecha which is a small tight knit group/crew.
Oct 23, 2014 10:23 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The battle scene was pretty intense. Bell is pretty lucky that the G-self started working at a critical moment. His fighting style is pretty awesome too.

Looks like he'll try to make an escape next week though. Looking forward to his battle with Dellensen again.

Oct 24, 2014 12:27 AM

Oct 2011
Hello Char Clone
Oct 24, 2014 12:57 AM

Nov 2012
cahill! cahill! cahill! T_T
okay, its getting annoying
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 24, 2014 4:57 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
We have the Char clone finally. And the hamminess is classic Gundam.

Does Aida have a 'thing' going on with that female crew member? Or is Tomino messing with us?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 24, 2014 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
One of the better episodes.
Even though it can be quite cringeworthy,I really like how different is the vibe which it gives away.
Oct 24, 2014 11:02 AM

Nov 2012
Good battle. I think the capital army is going to force control over the capital guard.

I don't really think Aida is a lesbian though since she seems really hung up on Cahill.
Besides a lot of peoples complains about the earlier episodes seem to be resolving itself as the series progresses.
RX-782Oct 24, 2014 11:09 AM
Oct 24, 2014 1:27 PM

Sep 2013
HOLY SHIT THAT MASK WAS SO COOL.
Oct 24, 2014 3:11 PM

Jun 2013
a lesbian appears!!
Oct 24, 2014 4:19 PM

Sep 2011
story wise my thoughts are more or less the same so no point in bringing it up but the action in this series has been pretty good so far, i just like that damage to the mechs seems to be pretty constant in battle, however on the flip side i feel like battles are taking up a bit too much time of each episode, this one was more forgivable cause it was spent mainly going over the gadgets of this world (water bubbles are goofy but awesome) but i just hope they shorten the amount of time a fights going on for these episodes

also while i couldnt care less for the rest, i like kilm so far

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Oct 24, 2014 5:58 PM

Mar 2012
This series is definitely getting on the right track. I'm liking Klim a lot more than before, probably because he seemed to have softened. While Bellri allowing G-Self be captured by Aida in the first place still seems a bit inexplicable, it's at least clear that he's not just going along with Aida's crew but making calculations on his own.

Aida as the presumptive female lead is getting on my nerves, though I don't think it was intended that she come off as a lesbian. Her obsession with Cahill's death (which I think is why I don't think she's a lesbian), which happened in part because Bellri was trying to protect her from Cahill's attack, is just nonsensical. Bellri did just save the ship from potentially being overrun, so a thank you was not at all out of place. Still got a lot of growing up to do, that one.

Preview says he'll do something regrettable...hopefully he doesn't kill Dellensen.
Oct 24, 2014 6:04 PM

Aug 2014
If a slap on the ass makes someone a lesbian, I am a lesbian.

Towasanga's finally in the picture. Aida crying in the corner while receiving no attention was great. What was the deal with the water bomb?
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 25, 2014 12:56 AM

Jan 2011
Story...there still is little solid direction. It's just there and shit is stewing. I'm still not into this at all. I'm going to be odd man out but I find the battle sequences to be extremely non engaging. There are parts where I get excited but then it just flops around. If I had to pinpoint it this episode, it would be Bellri flying around in the cockpit being a nuisance AND productive. I get this is it's "flavor" or whatever but it's wearing thin on me. Still having a tough time dealing with the "enemy" or perceived mercenaries? just running around this ship doing whatever they please. Keep giving it the benefit of the doubt for now.
Oct 25, 2014 4:29 AM

Jan 2008
Those laser arms seem like overkill.

I'm surprised the mechanic guy managed to stay on the G-self during the whole fight. Impressive.

What was the thing with the princess nuzzling with the girl with headphones that reminds me of Gidget from Eureka Seven?

Can't believe Aida is still hung up on Cahill. Cahill knew what he was getting himself into when they attacked the city with force, tearing up the place just to find Aida. Bellri was just doing his job of protecting them afterall, so he's not to blame pulling the trigger on the guy trying to kill him, and attacking Aida unknowingly. Bellri has saved Aida's life more times than I care to count, including from Cahill's assault while in the mobile suit.

And repeatedly, Bellri has been trying to make amends for Cahill's death by ways of apology and promise of defending the "pirate" ship. ...So it all wouldn't make sense for her to be this upset about it unless they were particularly close like a family, or if she had feelings for Cahill (which would be strange given the previous girl x girl nuzzling scene). Admiration for a capable adult can only go so far if she really was just admiring Cahill for his ability to lead the army. Geez, it's like if she blamed the police for shooting a friend that decided it would be a good idea to rob a bank with a gun pointed to her head as a hostage.
Oct 25, 2014 10:35 AM

Jan 2010
I never thought I'd say this, but man I really missed Tomino's nonsensical plots and characters! I hope he throws even more awesome stuff in, until there's a huge pile of everything you could possibly think of.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Oct 25, 2014 11:02 AM

Dec 2010
I'm still enjoying this. Sure its not great yet or anything, but its a pretty fun watch. Even if its hard to sometimes figure out what's going on.

I'm wondering what's up with Aida and the other lady, I don't that she's a lesbian, but it was a rather odd scene.

Also, the guy holding on to Bellri's pod was awesome. Why is he not the main character?!

Klim is a surprisingly likeable character, and his interactions with Raraiya are quite cute.
Oct 25, 2014 11:24 AM

Jan 2010
I don't think the scene with Aida was that weird, it's just that the frame was set up a bit sloppily - the guy's surprise reaction and narrow angle which didn't show us their faces, whether they held hands, etc. It seemed to me like they were just a couple of good friends consoling each other before the battle.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Oct 26, 2014 12:24 AM

Jul 2014
I only have good things to say about the battle which to me felt compact, happening and exciting. I especially like that it was pretty chaotic as that is an understated fact in line with real fighting in war situations. The attention to breaking down details were very delightful and the creativity shone in scenes like getting the core fighter into action, having the G-Arcane assist in the docking. Some of the stuff shown might be shrugged off as stupid or useless filler without a thought but when put together they added substances to what was happening on screen, also lending itself very well in a chaotic battle situation. Even something as small as that scene with Happa slamming the lid close and it bouncing back adds a bit of fun and characterizations lol.
Oct 26, 2014 1:06 AM

Dec 2012
4kicks said:
Those laser arms seem like overkill.

I'm surprised the mechanic guy managed to stay on the G-self during the whole fight. Impressive.

What was the thing with the princess nuzzling with the girl with headphones that reminds me of Gidget from Eureka Seven?

Can't believe Aida is still hung up on Cahill. Cahill knew what he was getting himself into when they attacked the city with force, tearing up the place just to find Aida. Bellri was just doing his job of protecting them afterall, so he's not to blame pulling the trigger on the guy trying to kill him, and attacking Aida unknowingly. Bellri has saved Aida's life more times than I care to count, including from Cahill's assault while in the mobile suit.

And repeatedly, Bellri has been trying to make amends for Cahill's death by ways of apology and promise of defending the "pirate" ship. ...So it all wouldn't make sense for her to be this upset about it unless they were particularly close like a family, or if she had feelings for Cahill (which would be strange given the previous girl x girl nuzzling scene). Admiration for a capable adult can only go so far if she really was just admiring Cahill for his ability to lead the army. Geez, it's like if she blamed the police for shooting a friend that decided it would be a good idea to rob a bank with a gun pointed to her head as a hostage.

I think she is still confused and feels guilty about Cahill's death and she unfairly lashes it on Bellri. She might not have idea how to proceed without Cahill just yet, because Cahill might be the person, who had kept their plans in check as well as their relation to Ameria (she is aware they are using her and her position of a "princess" wouldn't allow her to handle freely the things people like Cahil could).

Anyway, I liked how Bellri didn't buy the fake gratitude, despite his infatuation with her, and I think he already shapes as a new type of Gundam pilot. He is competent, decisive, sober, skilled, doesn't fall on his knees when he is struck with love, and HE WANTS to PILOT a GUNDAM! :D All of the previous pilots had little problems to get the knack of the machine eventually, but every one of them saw it as something he got involved with against his will and to barely fulfilling ends.

If it's a new era, I like where it's going in terms of characters (the least).
Oct 26, 2014 1:21 AM

Jul 2011
Amazing episode! Still confused why this anime has a flopping 6.60 rating and it keeps dropping, lol, seriously people?

Wow so Aida is a lesbian after all? lol didn't see that coming, and her girlfriend looks hawt, well Aida definitely the "girl" in that relationship.

And all those scene with Cahill, i dont think she's in love with him, i think Aida simply admire him and look up to him.

Luin Lee looks super sexy with his mask on, it's him right?

I wonder what would happen when Luin and Bellri realize that they're fighting their own bestfriend.
btw it's interesting that Luin's girlfriend, Manny, doesn't even realize that the masked guy is Luin.

Noredo continue being sassy and Raraiya continue being naively cute, lol at her pulling Klim's hair ♥

Talking about Klim, i thought i would hate him when i saw him for the first time, turns out he's actually a laid back cool guy, ok, im shipping him with bellri, i love how he keep calling Bellri "Yo shounen!"

And i love how Happa, the mechanic, stay on the G-self during the fight, like.. wtffff, but i love his character so far..

The story starts shaping up and it's getting more and more intriguing, but i could see some people would miss many important details if they didn't really concentrate on the episode, because there are sooo many info dumps that happened in a scene that doesn't look very important, well for me, i love this kind of directing, everything kinda flowing naturally, there's no dramatical music or shouting or anything when they reveal such valuable information.
For example, when Bellri's mother realize that the Colonel use saving Bellri as an excuse to start a military war against Ameria, it's such a HUGE information, but the scene just happened like that, i could see many people missing that.

9.5/10 for this episode
Oct 26, 2014 1:26 AM

Jul 2011
Boukenxha said:
Even something as small as that scene with Happa slamming the lid close and it bouncing back adds a bit of fun and characterizations lol.

SOOOO AGREE WITH YOU!!!! This is the kind of directing that i don't see much in anime and i'm finding myself super loving it, usually in other anime every characterization done super dramatically and super obvious, like "IN YO FACE" obvious.
Oct 26, 2014 4:50 AM

Dec 2012
OK, I totally love this show now, especially the characters.
Oct 26, 2014 8:19 AM
Apr 2011
Oohhh Chuchumy!!! Teeheehee
Oct 26, 2014 10:46 PM
Oct 2014
Wait, am I being massively trolled here or do people actually believe that the scene with Aida was some kind of yuri/lesbian intimate moment? I took it more as they were talking to each other in secret (frames were inconsistent but that isn't atypical from the consistency of animation this series has had so far) and the slap on the butt was acknowledgement (you know, like how people act in real life?)
Oct 27, 2014 2:42 PM
Jun 2014
I finally caught up to it, my god tomino what happened to you man, you go from masterpieces like zeta to complete and utter nonsense like this, I cant even call these characters characters they are just walking plot devices here to spot off buzzwords that will probably go unexplained for the rest of the series, the art looks nice but thats all there really is to it so far.

I couldnt finish it but even fucking AGE was less a clusterfuck of shitty writiing and half assed explanations than this turd, tomino man you ended the gundam franchise with the most perfect note of turn A gundam, that was you farewell letter in the most perfect way, why would you come back to shit on that by making this

Id be more optimistic about this but theres no doubt this series has built itself a hole already that will undoubtly fuck it past redemption with its nonsensical start, a start doesn't need to be wow worthy but it builds structure and when your entire start has NO strucuture and is just random events and buzzwords which lack definition then the whole thing will topple, i was worried once i saw this was a 2 cour but man i wasnt expecting it to be this bad
YoungjamesOct 27, 2014 2:47 PM
Oct 27, 2014 2:46 PM

Aug 2014
Youngjames said:
I finally caught up to it, my god tomino what happened to you man, you go from masterpieces like zeta to complete and utter nonsense like this, I cant even call these characters characters they are just walking plot devices here to spot off buzzwords that will probably go unexplained for the rest of the series, the art looks nice but thats all there really is to it so far.

I couldnt finish it but even fucking AGE was less a clusterfuck of shitty writiing and half assed explanations than this turd, tomino man you ended the gundam franchise with the most perfect note of turn A gundam, that was you farewell letter in the most perfect way, why would you come back to shit on that by making this

How did you feel about Turn A characters?
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 27, 2014 2:49 PM
Jun 2014
QuattroVaginas said:
Youngjames said:

How did you feel about Turn A characters?
They were at the very least characters with visible motivations and personality, they did more than just announce the situation, and harry is probably the best char clone out there.
Oct 28, 2014 6:39 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Episode bittersweet for me, the story has some nice things but also déjà vu now be thrown to the winds as far as I'm concerned.
Nice design and colors, the characters have grown quite well, the new ones seem interesting.
The plot is still poorly described, many fights, but little or nothing is known.
Oct 28, 2014 11:16 PM

Jul 2009
Finally a great episode!

I'm surprise i'm liking Nick Klim so far. He maybe brass and arrogant, but he knows what to do in situations like this.

And the core fighter docking really takes me back from 079 when Amuro did the same thing :)

Shame Aida couldn't use the sniper rifle that much.

Now out of a sudden Zenam wants to escape???

And what the hell Aida is still being hanged up with Cahill's death, even though Zenam is slowly trying to repair for his action, even though it was not his fault that he killed him in battle(that's just part of the war)

Anyways finally next episode we're back in space!! I hope to see more space battle action soon!

Can't wait!!
Oct 29, 2014 12:05 AM

Aug 2014
PrinceHeir said:

Do you hate Bellri??
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 29, 2014 6:24 AM

Mar 2013
Best episode so far.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2014

153 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 20, 6:28 PM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

91 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:49 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

29 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:17 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 1:45 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2015

22 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.