Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 17, 2014 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp and the tears...are rolling.

RIP. They went with most of the action in the final few minutes of the episode but meh, it's just a lot of pain and screaming.

Stark700Oct 17, 2014 9:31 AM
Oct 17, 2014 10:07 AM

Jun 2013
Well the episode was pretty decent.
Oct 17, 2014 10:08 AM

Dec 2012
Are those sudden flashbacks supposed to make me feel for the dying characters? This is just as bad as Akame ga Kill.
Oct 17, 2014 10:10 AM

Aug 2010
Censors?
Oct 17, 2014 10:15 AM

Apr 2013
I'm a bit sad I didn't get my laughs here. Oh well, guess we should've known that they'd quickly learn their lessons about the awful censoring, even if they were funny.

Episode's decent. Not boring, but the flashbacks took me out of the mood one too many times. Not sure if that's to make up for the character introductions or what, but I'm not sure they helped the episode considering I just don't care about the characters to begin with--I don't even remember the names except Shelia's from this episode, but she's dead now, so who cares.
Oct 17, 2014 10:19 AM

Jan 2013
Were there any censors?
Oct 17, 2014 10:20 AM

May 2013
Poor Sheila :(

At least Marcos got his revenge for her.
Oct 17, 2014 10:25 AM

Dec 2011
RIP Sheila and Elena... T.T

It would seem the freaking bugs stole the powers of the old members.

Dem tears doe...

Ah, so they've made the surgery able to give them the abilities of all of the living species on Earth eh.

Marcos sure is strong.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Oct 17, 2014 10:35 AM

Jan 2014
-Klad- said:
Were there any censors?

I watched without any censors.

Decent episode, it was far more watchable without the ridiculous censors. Still, it's not anything special, although I do enjoy watching it. It's kind of that mindless weekly watch for me, which is perfectly fine for now. For those interested in this series, you should check out the manga, it's not bad at all.
Oct 17, 2014 10:50 AM

Jul 2014
deyum Marcos kicked roach butt! the fact that he's only #9 makes me think how strong the other 8 and below are.
Oct 17, 2014 10:51 AM
Mar 2012
Pretty good, as for the censorship when will you guys realize they can't air it uncensored on tv? and that judging from the way it's censored there is going to be an uncensored version after it ends?
Oct 17, 2014 10:53 AM

Aug 2010
Shaduge said:
Pretty good, as for the censorship when will you guys realize they can't air it uncensored on tv? and that judging from the way it's censored there is going to be an uncensored version after it ends?

There's a difference between blacking half the screen black and blurring just the part cut. That's what we're asking.
Oct 17, 2014 10:55 AM
May 2011
I am so happpyyy!!! Finally she is dead!!!
Oct 17, 2014 10:58 AM

May 2009
What a waste of god tier girl
Oct 17, 2014 11:02 AM

Jul 2014
GG. RIP in peace Sheila.

Good episode i guess... kinda
Oct 17, 2014 11:05 AM
Jul 2018
No more black boxes...yay!

Lack of them made it better,though the dialogue can come off way cheesy.
Oct 17, 2014 11:07 AM
Mar 2012
Barion-Zara said:
Shaduge said:

There's a difference between blacking half the screen black and blurring just the part cut. That's what we're asking.

That's what they do unless the scene is zoomed in, like the small black circles last episode.
They could zoom out once they get to the censored scene, but it'd look less good in the uncensored version.
Oct 17, 2014 11:19 AM

Jan 2013
Well, knew that someone, specially one of the "main" girls (if not all) were going to die.
It happened sooner than I expected.

A shame... Sheilla looked like a good girl...

The action was good, finally some roaches kill.
Oct 17, 2014 11:27 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
There seemed to be a lot less censoring this time. I don't know if it was because it's the roaches getting killed or if Crunchyroll has indeed gotten a version with less censoring. I'm not sure.

Sheila was cute while she lasted.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 17, 2014 11:33 AM

Jan 2013
Dear anime/author. If you want us to feel for the characters, develop them first or give us these flashbacks early on. NOT after they die and we lose interest in them.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Oct 17, 2014 11:40 AM

Dec 2012
Shaniyaz said:

So the roachmen now has the BUGS 2 surgery technology? As if they weren't strong enough being themselves.

I believe their aim was to evolve by cross-breeding with another species and achieve variety. The Mosaic Organ Operation is pretty much the same, allowing for an insect-base (as in Bugs II) and non-insect species (Annex I) in the same time. The irony is that the MOO is made possible, because the humans "stole" the roaches organ, which allows them to evolve superfast (something that is unique to the roaches on Mars).

Edit: The flashback was made dramatic and I liked it!=I did understand that Marcos cared for Shiela and suffers her death.

Good episode, can't wait for the next! >_<
zellamiOct 17, 2014 3:28 PM
Oct 17, 2014 11:44 AM

Mar 2009
Yes, keep killing off the cute girls. That's clearly going to keep me watching this otherwise terrible show! Who's next, Michelle? -__-

SHINOBI-03 said:
Dear anime/author. If you want us to feel for the characters, develop them first or give us these flashbacks early on. NOT after they die and we lose interest in them.

Exactly.

Also, exposition: the episode.
Oct 17, 2014 11:46 AM

Feb 2014
There was no censor, oh yeah.
They die so fast that I can't get sad when someone dies
Oct 17, 2014 11:53 AM

Nov 2013
This ep was kinda decent.. well compared to the others anyway, whatever that means. The flashback and narration was a tad unnecessary, wish it was just an action packed end. It's not as if the flashback was that helpful anyway, I couldn't give a shit who dies at this point lol.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 17, 2014 11:55 AM

Jun 2013
Kanako's first fight was not good but i was glad she was ok. Since she has been my favourite female character in this show.
Oct 17, 2014 11:56 AM

Jan 2013
Mormegil said:
Yes, keep killing off the cute girls. That's clearly going to keep me watching this otherwise terrible show! Who's next, Michelle? -__-

SHINOBI-03 said:

Exactly.

Yes. Exposition is needed as well. Without exposition it'll be just an action flick filled with violence and gore but no substance. Give us a good reason why should we care for this "plot" beyond the action. I'm a guy who likes a three-act structure in my story and I prefer to start by knowing what's going on and who are the characters that I am following. Terra Formars anime (and manga as far as the first volume that I read) failed in this department.

Why should I care for these characters and what they fight for if I don't have an idea on who they were before all this happened. Yes, I know people complain about slow pacing and every episode they rage if nothing important happens (obviously they watch anime for the wrong reasons), but we need character development along with the fights. Otherwise it turns to a terrible Slasher flick where all the characters are undeveloped sacrifices till the final showdown.

So if I wasn't clear enough, my problem with this anime isn't the censorship, it's the plot and lack of focus on its characters.
Oct 17, 2014 11:57 AM

Jun 2014
sheila already dead , at least marco wasnt NTRed
Oct 17, 2014 12:14 PM
Jul 2013
Terra formars leveled up.... No more black spots
Oct 17, 2014 12:17 PM
May 2011
What I'm curious to know about is why they have the insane censors when humans die, but showing cockroaches-gore is a-okay?
Was an okay episode. I didn't expect Sheila to die, but that someone else died in her place. (to protect her) Thankfully I didn't get any emotional connection to her because it's so early in the anime. Still a bit lame that one of the main-characters had to die so early though..

Insanity lives deep within ourselves
Oct 17, 2014 12:23 PM
Jul 2018
SHINOBI-03 said:
Mormegil said:

Exactly.

Yes. Exposition is needed as well. Without exposition it'll be just an action flick filled with violence and gore but no substance. Give us a good reason why should we care for this "plot" beyond the action. I'm a guy who likes a three-act structure in my story and I prefer to start by knowing what's going on and who are the characters that I am following. Terra Formars anime (and manga as far as the first volume that I read) failed in this department.

Why should I care for these characters and what they fight for if I don't have an idea on who they were before all this happened. Yes, I know people complain about slow pacing and every episode they rage if nothing important happens (obviously they watch anime for the wrong reasons), but we need character development along with the fights. Otherwise it turns to a terrible Slasher flick where all the characters are undeveloped sacrifices till the final showdown.

So if I wasn't clear enough, my problem with this anime isn't the censorship, it's the plot and lack of focus on its characters.

The exposition so far has been pretty lame. It's hard to blame people for disliking it.
Oct 17, 2014 12:36 PM

Apr 2013
good episode. decent pacing

not sure if sheila's wound was censored. as others already said it is hard to care for character deaths. the series up until now has been all about characters dying and there is no weight behind her death. the flashback didn't really make me sad about her death but i guess it helped feeling a bit with marcos during his fight

that uppercut packed a nice punch

liked the music.
each week the op gets me hyped and atleast this week it was not a complete disappointment

i guess in the end at some point all the "look how powerful the roaches are and how gory that death was" characters are dead and the others who can actually survive get some character develpment. hopefully
xSanoxOct 17, 2014 12:40 PM
Oct 17, 2014 12:44 PM
Jun 2013
SHINOBI-03 said:

There was actually a backstory from Alex/Marcos/Sheila in the Manga, but that one was skipped, which is kinda shitty because it was probably the best part in the Manga.
Oct 17, 2014 12:49 PM

Dec 2013
Slaughtering humans is censored but ripping roaches that look like humans apart is A-OK!. The logic is strong with this one...

Overall very good episodes with some quite dramatic moments.

Whats my age again? WHERE IS MY ASIAN FRIEND!!!!!!!
Oct 17, 2014 12:53 PM

Dec 2013
So...is this good yet?
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 17, 2014 1:27 PM

Jan 2013
MarkusEA said:
What I'm curious to know about is why they have the insane censors when humans die, but showing cockroaches-gore is a-okay?
Was an okay episode. I didn't expect Sheila to die, but that someone else died in her place. (to protect her) Thankfully I didn't get any emotional connection to her because it's so early in the anime. Still a bit lame that one of the main-characters had to die so early though..

BokutoPrecinct said:
Slaughtering humans is censored but ripping roaches that look like humans apart is A-OK!. The logic is strong with this one...

It's like this un-written rule they have. If it's a monster or none-human creature then it's okay to show gore because they are not human. Works better if their blood is not red and they can go however they want.

ShaneFlame said:

There was actually a backstory from Alex/Marcos/Sheila in the Manga, but that one was skipped, which is kinda shitty because it was probably the best part in the Manga.

with 13 episodes only then of course they had to get rid of the "not so important" parts that doesn't have mindless slaughter.
Oct 17, 2014 1:57 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
For those who bitching over all the Sheila scenes, she, Marcos and Alex all got good character development prior to this moment in the story

However, the anime decided to skip most/all of it so blame them not the mangaka/series itself. If you anime only's have gotten that stuff then this would have had more of an impact than it does now

Anyway, FINALLY I can fucking enjoy this series without the ridiculous censors....I can actually say that I enjoyed watching an episode of this series

Also

Oct 17, 2014 2:07 PM
Dec 2011
Noo sheilaaaa
Oct 17, 2014 2:12 PM
May 2011
SHINOBI-03 said:
MarkusEA said:

BokutoPrecinct said:

It's like this un-written rule they have. If it's a monster or none-human creature then it's okay to show gore because they are not human. Works better if their blood is not red and they can go however they want.

I don't know if that's the reason they only censor humans (which it seems they are) or if they stopped censoring (which I doubt) but only censoring human-gore and not cockroach-gore.. idk how to feel about that, pretty stupid tbh. Are japanese kids supposed to get less creeped out when cockroaches die than humans?

Insanity lives deep within ourselves
Oct 17, 2014 2:38 PM

May 2009
First not bad episode. How old were they in the flashback? 12?
Oct 17, 2014 3:00 PM

Dec 2012
I really liked Sheila as a character! She was identifiable and likable, simple but had lots of character! And they just kill her off!

I know such early deaths are just trying to drag emotions out of us, and I usually roll my eyes about it. I didn't this time. I really loved her character and wanted her to be in it for as long as possible!

R.I.P

(And hurray for no more censoring!!)
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Oct 17, 2014 3:08 PM
Jul 2018
Poor Shelia.

Wow, Marcos really is so badass in this episode. He is kicking all those roaches' butts.
Oct 17, 2014 3:26 PM

Oct 2011
Shiela NOOOOO !!!!!
Oct 17, 2014 5:04 PM

Feb 2013
So the humans get the Black Balls of doom,But when roaches are raped and murdered it's okay,DAMN REIZISTS.............Just cuz they're from Africa Mars,Does'nt Mean they Do'nt Have rights,Ya Know
Oct 17, 2014 5:10 PM

Aug 2013
The cockroach at the beginning of the episode seemed a robot =/
Poor Sheila, was one of the saddest deaths in the manga, the anime did not even showing her story as the manga was also very sad
Very slow episode, but in the next the battle starts, Akari finally come into action ..
Oct 17, 2014 5:20 PM
Aug 2012
No more censor since Crunchyroll got the rights oh yeah!!!

Amazing episode by the way.
Oct 17, 2014 5:30 PM

Feb 2013
As far as Sheila's death goes......Meh.....

-They cut out most of the 2nd volume,which was mostly about characters and their bonding

-THE OPENING MADE IT BLOODY OBVIOUS!!!!!!
Oct 17, 2014 6:14 PM
Mar 2013
Hey we will let you see us kill cockroaches but no not the humans.....

What kinda shit was that? Because the their blood is not red we get to see it?!

Load of crap.
Oct 17, 2014 6:31 PM
Mar 2014
Yes no more censorship !

And Sheila NOO :(
Oct 17, 2014 7:08 PM

Jun 2013
I like the bugs ranking system and how the different species aid them in fighting, but this death scene.. seriously? They spent the whole episode on this shitty characters death actually trying to get some reaction out of it.

Please just become a mindless fighting show instead of trying your hand at drama.

dunsparcedude said:
Are those sudden flashbacks supposed to make me feel for the dying characters? This is just as bad as Akame ga Kill.

Couldn't have said it better myself actually
Oct 17, 2014 7:14 PM

Oct 2014
lol at comparing Sheilas deaths with any AGK death, Scheele and Bulat had more development than Sheila(anime speaking).

Anyways this was the best TF episode by far, great news we will no longer get censorship.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2014

125 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2014

73 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2014

54 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2014

88 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2014

112 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.