Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2014 11:18 AM

Aug 2013
And so end Desu Gun arc, with one damn ugle drawing. Just kiddin', it was a cute moments, lots of feels. I felt even a bit moved by it. It was so damn cute how she was pronuncing all the words even if it looked hard for her :3

It was somehow hilarious seeing that barman (if I remember well, he was a player in SAO) in the background not saying a word, like if he was saying : ''Oh, don't mind me, keep going with your emotional stuff.'' ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I find it kinda hilarious that Kirito declared Asuna as a ''friend''. Ya' know, gotta keep the status quo to let the harem train go... Ahhh, the misunderstanding that will create.

Kirito make all the schoolgirls swoon over him with his moto. He's a damn player.

Well, they could have skip a part of the meeting with the guy. Most of it was stuff we already knew and that they kinda expected.

Oh yeah, Asuna rekt Kyoji with that radio. Kinda make me want to throw a radio on someone.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 4, 2014 11:18 AM
Apr 2014
You can buy the novel from yen Press, actually on volume 3 i think.

Im already up to date with the LN but im going to get it anyway, same with Log Horizon, so much epicness.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Oct 4, 2014 11:20 AM

Feb 2014
This was a nice ending for the arc. I liked it... Now for the next arc!
Oct 4, 2014 11:22 AM

Jan 2008
I facepamed so hard at how he survived the syringe.
Oct 4, 2014 11:25 AM

Dec 2013
I didn't sign up for this...

I want more sword fighting.
Eh
Oct 4, 2014 11:30 AM

Oct 2009
Paul said:
I facepamed so hard at how he survived the syringe.

Me too XD
Oct 4, 2014 11:31 AM

Apr 2012
Next episode seems to be a recap I guess :/
Oct 4, 2014 11:34 AM

Aug 2014
minouneetzoe said:

Oh yeah, Asuna rekt Kyoji with that radio. Kinda make me want to throw a radio on someone.

I lol'd at this.
Oct 4, 2014 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
The electrode saved Kirito.

Sinon was able to stand up to those bullies.

That ending was so heartwarming.
Oct 4, 2014 11:44 AM

Aug 2014
I want more sword fighting.Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Game, Romance, Shounen
but all im seeing is drama
Oct 4, 2014 11:46 AM

Jul 2014
wow, kirito got fucked up. but i wonder if sinon knows about kirito and asuna's relationship.
so, the 2nd arc starts next week, right?
Oct 4, 2014 11:46 AM

Jul 2014
Nice heartwarming conclusion to the GGO arc.

When Shino was tearing up, my eyes got watery too.

boku said:
I honestly thought they would skip the scene with the bullies, seeing how they skipped the scene where Shino pointed the model gun at Shinkawa in the previous episode. Really glad that they didn't, but I felt that the sudden change was a little unbelievable.
Also just in case anyone got confused why Shino was able to shoot properly without her glasses, she has perfect eyesight. She bought and wore that pair because it's made of bulletproof glass and gives her a small sense of security despite knowing that it's impractical. Sucks that the anime left that explanation out.

Thanks for that little tidbit.
Oct 4, 2014 11:47 AM

Jul 2007
Abhishantz said:
I want more sword fighting.Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Game, Romance, Shounen

"Fighting" makes up maybe ~10% of SAO source material. Its generally one or two fights per one or two volumes.

Its not an action show. Most of time IS spent on characters talking, planning, interacting and showcasing emotions.
Oct 4, 2014 11:48 AM

Jun 2013
Lol! Asuna got nakama-zoned there for a sec... and surprisingly didn't say anything.
Oct 4, 2014 11:49 AM
Apr 2014
CookingPriest said:
Abhishantz said:

"Fighting" makes up maybe ~10% of SAO source material. Its generally one or two fights per one or two volumes.

Its not an action show. Most of time IS spent on characters talking, planning, interacting and showcasing emotions.

Except Alicization, fuck everything else and lets make one entire volume of fighting, LOL

Oct 4, 2014 11:53 AM

Sep 2010
This is the most heart warming and best episode of SAO II for me.

Sinon is making terms with her past.

Also I like real life Sinon better than GGO Sinon.

This episode 5/5.
Oct 4, 2014 11:54 AM

Jul 2007
Reyxe said:
CookingPriest said:

Except Alicization, fuck everything else and lets make one entire volume of fighting, LOL

Considering the amount of infodumping that happens in Alicization, from what I hear, they had to overcompensate that way.
Oct 4, 2014 11:55 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
This Arc was more about drama than Action .. which is a shame. Loved SAO for it's action.

And, didn't Kirito and Asuna marry IRL as well? Or at least they are going out right?... why the fck she was introduced to Shinon as friend..? o.O

Drama was good.. but not much action.. :(
Oct 4, 2014 11:57 AM

Feb 2012
Lol but Kirito takes an L for losing agaist that guy in the beginning hand to hand

Come on now, where's all dat skill in real life.
Oct 4, 2014 11:59 AM

Oct 2012
*facepalm*
That. Was. So. Lame.
+1 to the electrode that saved kirito >.>
Oct 4, 2014 12:00 PM

Jun 2008
Kyoji, why?~~
For someone who could not become a doctor, he certainly know exactly where to inject the drugs accurately. Even I can't find the midclavicular line/V4 lead through a shirt like that while shaking all around, talk about experience.
Oct 4, 2014 12:01 PM

Jul 2007
vaikepois said:
This Arc was more about drama than Action .. which is a shame. Loved SAO for it's action.

Then you can drop it. ITs not action show. First season had more "action", because they rushed the storyline cramming `52 episodes of material into 20.

And, didn't Kirito and Asuna marry IRL as well? Or at least they are going out right?... why the fck she was introduced to Shinon as friend..? o.O

As shown in Ep1 they barely progressed in their relationship and they rarely meet(it will be explained latter)
Oct 4, 2014 12:04 PM

Jul 2013
And so the GGO arc has come to an end, and it was a pretty great adaption to the series, for having character development for Sinon, the pacing was great, and how they introduced Death Gun was pretty intense.

The beginning felt like a short live fight and Kirito is getting beaten, but then Sinon just came by and save his ass in the end. I think

That ending gave me feels when Sinon saved 2 people during the Post office flashback and the little girl gave her a drawing picture.

I'm pretty surprise that Kirito introduced Sinon to Asuna, as her friend, instead of his girlfriend, although its going to be painful if Sinon hears that, so I'm pretty much glad they didn't show it.

Can't wait to see what the next arc looks like. Looks like they will cover Calibur and Mother's Rosario next :D.

Oct 4, 2014 12:10 PM
May 2014
Oct 4, 2014 12:10 PM

Dec 2011
So Prince Charming came to save Sinon only to get saved in return.

It was nice seeing Sinon make a small step towards curing her fear of guns :3

Dem feelings doe... and it was really great that Sinon talked to that ex-post office lady that came with her young daughter T.T

I can't wait to see what the next arc(s) bring us :o
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Oct 4, 2014 12:14 PM

Dec 2013
Welp. GGO is done!

Boy was that a good episode.

Good for you Sinon! Good for you :) Finally you overcame your bully issues and dealt with it in such a grown up way. Also its about time you forgave yourself.

Hmmm I have always thought Kirito was very manly guy from Season 1 of SAO but now my view of Kirito has changed quite a bit. I always thought of him to be super strong + less girly and still skinny. But apparently he's not. Oh well. And lol to the part where the thought he was injected. Strange how the needle can't go thru the electrode... hmmm shouldn't it have? Weird.

Anyways. FINALLY GGO IS DONE. Whew. Took forever! Can't wait for the new opening song.

Sinon finally joined Kirito's harem in real life as well woohoo. Good for you Kirito. But damnit... i thought Kirito and Asuna are still dating... aren't they?!?!? Wonder what Sinon's reaction will be when she finds out. Hope to see more of everyone next episode. New game? I wonder what comes next (haven't read the light novels).

5/5 for this episode. Nice way to end it :)
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Oct 4, 2014 12:16 PM

Dec 2011
Nice ending to GGO arc...well it was quite touching by the end and one killer is still out there plotting his next plan .
Shino trying to overcome her fear but she don't know about Asuna being Kirito gf yet may be for the next arc Caliber...
Oct 4, 2014 12:18 PM
Dec 2012
Two things got me:

-The Electrode. Of all the unlikely things that totally shouldn't happen, unknowingly leaving an electrode on and not feeling it at all on your way to save someone is pushing it.

-Referring to your girlfriend as a "friend" to a girl who she watched you spend a LOT of time with up close and is now watching you help her patch her life up is just not wise. How Kirito got away with it, I haven't the slightest clue.

Other than that, it was a nice conclusion. Touching, with a smile sweet enough to give me diabetes.
Oct 4, 2014 12:19 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
you'd think that there'd have been a better way to save him than with an electrode randomly blocking it... but whatever -.-
Oct 4, 2014 12:22 PM

Jun 2008
kingsheep812 said:
Welp. GGO is done!

Good for you Sinon! Good for you :) Finally you overcame your bully issues and dealt with it in such a grown up way. Also its about time you forgave yourself.

Hmmm I have always thought Kirito was very manly guy from Season 1 of SAO but now my view of Kirito has changed quite a bit. I always thought of him to be super strong + less girly and still skinny. But apparently he's not. Oh well. And lol to the part where the thought he was injected. Strange how the needle can't go thru the electrode... hmmm shouldn't it have? Weird.

Anyways. FINALLY GGO IS DONE. Whew. Took forever! Can't wait for the new opening song.

Sinon finally joined Kirito's harem in real life as well woohoo. Good for you Kirito. But damnit... i thought Kirito and Asuna are still dating... aren't they?!?!? Wonder what Sinon's reaction will be when she finds out. Hope to see more of everyone next episode. New game? I wonder what comes next (haven't read the light novels).

They are still dating. The episode glossed over alot of details from the LN:
Asuna and Kirito is dating, Kirito had 2 goals bring Sinon along:
1. as shown, to meet the lives she saved,
2. is actually to explain the scene that was broadcasted to asuna, where sinon was lying on kirito's lap and stuff~ (Remember the floating REC device?)

I was also pissed at how Kirito didnt explain Chrysheight's actual job as a defense department officer, and how they are interested in using virtual reality to train soldiers. (and how sinon explained that she probably can load a gun in RL through her experience in the VR) I feel like that's gonna leave a big plothole in the future.

I cant wait for the Konno Yuuki's arc~ I LOVE HER~
Oct 4, 2014 12:25 PM
May 2008
I can kinda imagine Asuna and Kirito's reaction after this.

Asuna: "Kiriiittooo..I'm just a friend?"
Kirito: *sweats and looks away* "well I thought it wouldn't be a good idea to tell her you're my girlfriend until after the meeting.."
Asuna: "Oh.. I trust you" *forces a smile while stepping on Kirito's foot* "Just make sure you tell her later ok?"
Kirito: "Why.. are you stepping on my foot... are you angry...?"
Oct 4, 2014 12:27 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Kirito is such a player introducing Asuna as his friend. Sinon must be confused.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 4, 2014 12:29 PM
Apr 2014
Marzan said:
Kirito is such a player introducing Asuna as his friend. Sinon must be confused.

Probably they just took that line from the LN, shes introduced as a friend too, but he was talking about Lis, Asuna AND Agil, so... yay for that.

Oct 4, 2014 12:31 PM

Mar 2014
Kinda disappointed Kirito lost that fist fight. Still, it was a really great episode finally seeing Sinon stand up to the bullies and finally dealing with her emotional turmoil. I wonder how she'll react when she learns Asuna is Kirito's girlfriend.
Oct 4, 2014 12:34 PM

Jul 2013
savior electrode BS

also i don't get why a guy from a game and their friends should have anything to do with her life but oh well... i guess it was meant to be
Oct 4, 2014 12:34 PM

Jan 2014
That final scene in the cafe was so fulfilling. I have to say it made me teary a bit. That little girl was adorable. Glad Sinon finally has some closure.
Oct 4, 2014 12:37 PM
Mar 2012
I hope Sinon doesnt meet with that psycho boy lover. glad that is over with. psychoooooooooooo.
Oct 4, 2014 12:39 PM
Apr 2013
Marzan said:

Maybe they did it on purpose, so, you know, they can make a whole episode about it.
Oct 4, 2014 12:41 PM
Mar 2014
Good episode. And while that with the electrode was a little bit too convenient, it isn't impossible (those darn things are easy to forget and overlook).
That scene with the banklady was really good. And Asuna's glare at Kirito when Asada/Sinon got introduced, LOL.... (And poor Liz being called the 'rip-off smith')

Also, that Laughing Coffin player has something up his sleeve? That isn't good...
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Oct 4, 2014 12:50 PM

May 2014
What a gentle end to the arc. Can't wait for the next one. (I'm too lazy to read the LN . I have all of it but I always get distracted when I try to start it.)

Aw man, there goes another seiyuu being alienated for me thanks to a series. I'll still enjoy your voice Natsuki Hanae. He'll be happy in my list along with Yoshitsugu Matsuoka. :(

Note to self: Kirito is OP in close quarters combat with a sword, but is a pathetic sight when he's unarmed. Maybe I'll use this info against him in the future! >:D
ArunumeriqueOct 4, 2014 12:56 PM
Oct 4, 2014 12:53 PM

Jul 2012
Tohka_Yatogami said:
The electrode saved Kirito.

Sinon was able to stand up to those bullies.

That ending was so heartwarming.

So basically this arc is done. Wonder how the next one goes!
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Oct 4, 2014 12:54 PM

Oct 2013
I hope the second half doesn't go downhill,like in the first season.

Oct 4, 2014 12:55 PM
Jan 2011
So Sinon is saved by Kirito, and I'm guessing that she gonna be competition for Asuna. So what would be the new arc after ep 15?
Oct 4, 2014 12:58 PM
Mar 2014
kingsheep812 said:
Welp. GGO is done!

Re the needle. The model used is an 'high-speed injector', or however it is called it in English exactly. That model has an relative small needle in reality, and relies on the speed of injection to punch through to the arteries instead of the 'focused pressure injection' of standard needles. The advantage of it is that you can use the main part over and over again, only thing you need is to clean it out and replace the outer layer of the needle and the container with the fluid.
The backdraw is that you can't go that far through the body (the fluid injected is distributed to the aorta and further into the body through the arteries in reality - that's an little error on SAO's part, it cannot deliver in any way to the aorta directly - even standard syringe's have problems with that) and you must be a bit experienced with it to know where it will hit.

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Oct 4, 2014 12:59 PM

Apr 2014
Decent episode, woulda thought the top priority would of been calling an ambulance/police after she knocked out her "friend" rather than sitting their wondering if he's ok(the knocked out kid). Sinon got to hear some thanks from the people she saved when she was a kid. Enjoyable episode but slow imo, and the fuck the black guy didn't get an introduction of being an SAO survivor lol.
Oct 4, 2014 12:59 PM

Oct 2014
Good episode and touching ending for the GGO Arc which was by far SAOs best arc.

Oct 4, 2014 1:01 PM

Aug 2014
Saskee said:
I hope the second half doesn't go downhill,like in the first season.
Second half will be the better half if they adapt it right.
Nasty001 said:
So Sinon is saved by Kirito, and I'm guessing that she gonna be competition for Asuna. So what would be the new arc after ep 15?

From Episode 15 for three episodes; Caliber Mini-Arc in between the two "halves".
After that the Mother's Rosario arc.
Oct 4, 2014 1:02 PM

Apr 2013
That attempt at drama was so bad it was simply hilarious...
Anyway, GGO turned out to be an improvement over ALO, but still quite average.
I'm actually looking forward to go back to a fantasy setting, but I'm not as excited for going back to the fairy design.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Oct 4, 2014 1:03 PM
Mar 2014
AuronPond said:
-The Electrode. Of all the unlikely things that totally shouldn't happen, unknowingly leaving an electrode on and not feeling it at all on your way to save someone is pushing it.

Heh. Sorry, but I've got experience with it (have been too often in hospitals already) - an electrode at that spot cannot always be felt.

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Oct 4, 2014 1:21 PM
Aug 2013
Very enjoyable arc hoping the next will blow me away :O
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.