Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 3, 2014 3:57 AM

Nov 2013
The pacing is crazy, the dialogue is mostly incomprehensible, the action is chaotic.

The setting seems interesting, the MCs are ok (when their lines make sense) and art/animation is the reason I'm going to keep watching it.
Oct 3, 2014 4:05 AM

Jun 2013
It's better than the previous episode, but its still not that good.

Story so far:
Falling girl>Space training>Pirate attacks>G! G! G!>Belri wins with skillz>Aida caught>Royal party>Pirate attacks part 2>Iris>Cahill dies>Crying

Seriously! i need some proper introductions! I'm an idiot, i don't get things those are just thrown at my face.

The story is SANIC FAST! One moment you're here and the next you're there. I'm not used to this kind of pacing :/

Best part of this episode was probably Aida. Probably the most interesting character so far. Plus she is also goddamn GORGEOUS! love her design soooo much! She might just end up on my favorite female characters just by her looks!
Oct 3, 2014 4:07 AM

Apr 2012
So far so good, although we never got properly introduced to the characters.

AIDA IS LOVE!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Oct 3, 2014 4:20 AM

Aug 2013
zellami said:
^ It's Amerian Army, and it connects, with the Turn A Gundam. Whether this Amerian Army still stands for the continent in Turn A, is yet to be seen. Turn A in itself is a hotch-potch of all UC Gundams, but regardless, in the episode is mentioned that the robo statutes are from a "past" era.

Oh ok thanks for the info
Oct 3, 2014 4:28 AM

Jan 2009
shadowtsunami said:
Honestly i don't know who Tomino is, but soem one said his style is having a lot of quick cit's? The problem I have with that approach is that it doesn't fit Gundam.

dude Tomino is the one who started the Gundam franchise, look at all the Gundam series that he is involved in here - http://myanimelist.net/people/2337/Tomino_Yoshiyuki
Oct 3, 2014 4:28 AM

Feb 2013
Enjoyed it like the first episode and I really like the art style and animation.
Pretty curious where this is headed.

Oct 3, 2014 4:52 AM
Jul 2014
So it is still possible to have a series with hand-drawn mechs in 2014. Who would've thought ;)
Really liking it so far, all that 80s cheese put a smile on my face really quickly!
Oct 3, 2014 5:50 AM
Sep 2011
Ok, now it's quite apparent that this show is openly referencing Giuseppe Verdi's opera "Aida". We have an exotic setting (Egypt vs. a tropical sci-fi environment; The clothing of the priests and the aristocrats are modeled after the fashion common during the Middle Ages in Spain) and in this episode there is a rescue attempt organized by what appears to be Aida's father-figure Captain Cahill to free her from the clutches of the Capitol analogous to Amonasro's (Aida's father and King of Ethiopia), fruitless endeavor to save his daughter from Egypt including misunderstandings related to his supposed death (I doubt they would kill off Captain Cahill this early).
Bellri, the prodigious pilot who displays physical attraction for the scantily-clad Aida in this episode would fit the role of military leader and would-be pharao Radames who falls in love with Aida with pink-heared girl Noredo assuming the position of the jealous female love interest Amneris, the Pharao's daughter. Hopefully all that means that this show will go into some dark places as well seeing how the referenced work has some quite tragic elements.
EudaimoniaOct 3, 2014 5:59 AM
Oct 3, 2014 6:27 AM

Jul 2012
Seems pretty good overall, the story pace really is high. Too bad the for the person that just got one shot through the cockpit.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Oct 3, 2014 6:34 AM

Jun 2013
nice action and the pacing is fast
Oct 3, 2014 8:00 AM

Nov 2013
Eudaimonia said:
Ok, now it's quite apparent that this show is openly referencing Giuseppe Verdi's opera "Aida". We have an exotic setting (Egypt vs. a tropical sci-fi environment; The clothing of the priests and the aristocrats are modeled after the fashion common during the Middle Ages in Spain) and in this episode there is a rescue attempt organized by what appears to be Aida's father-figure Captain Cahill to free her from the clutches of the Capitol analogous to Amonasro's (Aida's father and King of Ethiopia), fruitless endeavor to save his daughter from Egypt including misunderstandings related to his supposed death (I doubt they would kill off Captain Cahill this early).
Bellri, the prodigious pilot who displays physical attraction for the scantily-clad Aida in this episode would fit the role of military leader and would-be pharao Radames who falls in love with Aida with pink-heared girl Noredo assuming the position of the jealous female love interest Amneris, the Pharao's daughter. Hopefully all that means that this show will go into some dark places as well seeing how the referenced work has some quite tragic elements.

Very interesting. I didn't know about this (and I'm italian o_o) and it seems that there's a chance that Cahill's coming back.
It already seemed that the pink-haired girl was going to be part of the love triangle.
Oct 3, 2014 8:07 AM
Jul 2018
Design and old-school vibe are quite good,but the dialogue drags this show down.
And pacing was kind of...off.

Is there some Gundam who does not have such ridiculous dialogues?
Oct 3, 2014 8:23 AM

Sep 2012
How many episode are confirmed?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2014 8:24 AM

Sep 2011
oZi4Ever said:
How many episode are confirmed?
only a 2 cour, whether its a 24-26 episode show is yet to be confirmed.

DejWoSWK said:

Is there some Gundam who does not have such ridiculous dialogues?
They are all pretty absurd dialogue wise but tomino's in particular are really bad at points, from what iv seen after war gundam x has a really natural dialogue and characters, G gundam does have ridiculous dialogue but the show is so crazily insane in every way that it works amazingly
JizzyHitlerOct 3, 2014 8:27 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 3, 2014 8:48 AM
Oct 2013
It was weird at first but by the second episode I got used to it xD So far it's really good 0.0 and I think the pacing is good-ish? Who knows but I'll be definitely sticking to this series. Now for Gundam Build Fighters Try to come out :3
Oct 3, 2014 9:46 AM

Sep 2013
I love this show T__T

ALSO YEAH. I like how they mention "Ameria" from Turn A Gundam. Perhaps these take place around the same era or something?
cupcOct 3, 2014 9:53 AM
Oct 3, 2014 9:58 AM

Aug 2014
cupc said:
ALSO YEAH. I like how they mention "Ameria" from Turn A Gundam. Perhaps these take place around the same era or something?

Reguild Century takes place before Correct Century.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 3, 2014 10:01 AM

Sep 2013
PencilSharpener said:
cupc said:

Reguild Century takes place before Correct Century.

I know. I said around the same era. They are relatively close, when compared to UC -> Turn A timeskip for an example.
Oct 3, 2014 10:10 AM

Aug 2014
Well, around the same era doesn't really mean much when we're talking thousands of years. I'm just narrowing the range. I'm pretty sure it was said RC takes place right after UC (forgot the source, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong). CC is around 3000 years after UC, so unless RC lasts over 3000 years, it's most likely much closer to UC than CC.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 3, 2014 10:39 AM
Sep 2013
The dialogue is so irritating. I swear if they say "heeeeeeeeeh?" one more time I'm dropping this.
Oct 3, 2014 12:21 PM

Sep 2013
Better than Aldnoah Zero by a long shot XD insta - 9/10

That Captain isn't dead, he's in the ending song :(
Oct 3, 2014 12:38 PM

Mar 2014
I'm liking this so far, some scene transitions are a bit weird but the art style and animation are a big plus. Finally a mecha show with mechas that aren't 12 FPS CGI

We're two episodes in and we've already had several slaps and kicks. That Haro thing going "you slapped him!" had me laughing.

The dialogue is a bit confusing and awkward at times, but I feel like I am much more drawn to these characters than something like Aldnoah Zero
Oct 3, 2014 12:51 PM

Sep 2011
Can i mention the new haro is horrifying, also anyone else think that older guy is gonna be the main antagonist of this series, i dont know why he kind of reminds me of jamitov for some reason
JizzyHitlerOct 3, 2014 12:54 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 3, 2014 1:16 PM
Dec 2012
4kicks said:
Wow, this show has everything I expect and love in a good Gundam show: hand-drawn frames, a high-profiled pink-haired heroine that can be annoying at times (Seed), a Char clone white-haired masked man that's close to the young protagonist--whom has important parents, a colorful Gundam, old sound effects, cheesy lines, slightly over the top cheery characters, Bright Slaps (MSG), and a Gundam show that tries to not mention the word "Gundam" as much as possible(Turn A)...What's not to love? Except for the Harobe.

This is one recipe I never get tired of eating up. The young'uns might be more accustomed to the latest 3D digitally drawn stuff, but for everyone else who loves that nostalgia feels, it's a great treat.

Thanks for complimenting the art xD. Im glad i am not the only one.
I love how colorful the anime is. And when they show some scenery i can't help but smile.
I realy love the setting so far can't wait for ep 3 xD.
Oct 3, 2014 1:24 PM
Sep 2014
Maybe at the end of the series, Turn A is made, and it unleashes the Moonlight Butterfly to end some big ass war between some countries. Thus, causing the Reguild Century to end when all the tech is destroyed and ushering in the Correct Century.
Oct 3, 2014 2:51 PM

Aug 2008
I kind of lost my focus halfway through the ep 2. But I'll watch one or two more episodes to see if I would like it.

I've paid extra attention to the voice acting because Tomino said the seiyuus now sound too bland (which is not true imo), but I'm kind of disappointed. Yes, some of them sound special, but I can feel their inexperience in their voices... :/
Oct 3, 2014 3:35 PM

Feb 2005
So, anyone ID'ed the suit between the Galbaldy and Dawdage yet? Shit is annoying me so much.
Oct 3, 2014 3:44 PM

Aug 2014
Can you get a screenshot?
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 3, 2014 3:46 PM

Feb 2005
PencilSharpener said:
Can you get a screenshot?

http://i.imgur.com/X1BUf0k.jpg
Now that I think about it, it might be a Jamesgun.
Oct 3, 2014 3:50 PM

Aug 2014
Looking at the size compared to the Zeon suits, pretty sure you're right.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 3, 2014 4:14 PM

Sep 2011
Kurini said:
I kind of lost my focus halfway through the ep 2. But I'll watch one or two more episodes to see if I would like it.

I've paid extra attention to the voice acting because Tomino said the seiyuus now sound too bland (which is not true imo), but I'm kind of disappointed. Yes, some of them sound special, but I can feel their inexperience in their voices... :/
Ironically alot of the acting so far feels kind of bland mainly from beril's VA, like i feel like his voice sounds similar to a shit ton of other VA's yet with alot less experience for actually delivering lines

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Oct 3, 2014 4:55 PM

Aug 2008
JizzyHitler said:
Kurini said:

Ironically alot of the acting so far feels kind of bland mainly from beril's VA, like i feel like his voice sounds similar to a shit ton of other VA's yet with alot less experience for actually delivering lines
Yep, I should specify that the voices I find a bit more out of ordinary are all coming from the female cast. I feel the same for Bellri's voice. I can't pinpoint who he sounds like though. But that Luin Lee reminds me so much of Daisuke Ono.
Oct 3, 2014 5:43 PM

Dec 2009
This was extremely fast-pacing episode, i had hard time catching up with what's going on. This is new to Tomino's, his 70s~90s anime were all well-paced and took their time to develop properly. Not a bad episode, but it's more like a feller.

P.S those damn characters' names are hard to memorize too X_X
Oct 3, 2014 6:38 PM

Jul 2010
I genuinely got chills at the scene where Bellri shoots the enemy's MS, it certainly reminded me of the first time of when Amuro piloted RX-78-2 Gundam and killed for the first time a human being. I'm really curious if this event will bring consequences on his personality. So far Bellri reminds me a bit of Amuro and a bit of Kamille but that's just generalizing, it's too soon to assume that.
Oct 3, 2014 8:57 PM

Sep 2011
ZeraX said:
This was extremely fast-pacing episode, i had hard time catching up with what's going on. This is new to Tomino's, his 70s~90s anime were all well-paced and took their time to develop properly. Not a bad episode, but it's more like a feller.

P.S those damn characters' names are hard to memorize too X_X
the pacing in the older tomino's were pretty bad honestly, zeta had a way worse pacing in its start than this did and zeta(remmember how sporadic everything kammile did in episode 1?)

The pacing in ep 1 was a absolute mess but this show a way better sense of direction, they put more focus on the characters and their interactions even when the action was happening and had a surprising amount of screen time, honestly if the show is more like this episiode then i will probably really like this show

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Oct 3, 2014 10:44 PM

Apr 2013
The art style/character designs/mech designs are really putting me off this show. i love Gundam and Sunrise but I just can't enjoy this new art-direction they're going for. Guess i'm going to drop this since I didn't enjoy it at all. Imma just rewatch Unicorn.
Oct 4, 2014 12:39 AM

Sep 2007
There must've been some kind of event that set humanity back some over the 1000 years since UC to make everything seem so... dated, especially with Tomino's art style, or maybe I'm just spoiled from how amazing Unicorn looked. And lol at slapping Bellri. Random as fuck. Almost seems like Tomino is throwing it in for shits and giggles.
WasabiOct 4, 2014 12:44 AM
Oct 4, 2014 1:24 AM

Dec 2012
Akanezora said:
I genuinely got chills at the scene where Bellri shoots the enemy's MS, it certainly reminded me of the first time of when Amuro piloted RX-78-2 Gundam and killed for the first time a human being. I'm really curious if this event will bring consequences on his personality. So far Bellri reminds me a bit of Amuro and a bit of Kamille but that's just generalizing, it's too soon to assume that.

I'd rather think that he comes off more like a Genki Boy, far from Amuro and Kamille's immediate "reality slaps". He looks like an older version of the small boy in War in a Pocket (whose name I forgot, sorry). Bellri could turn out an awesome character in the end.
Oct 4, 2014 1:56 AM

Jul 2013
Much better than the first episode. Scenes are flowing properly and we're getting a lot of action. First kill count, now let's see what Tomino has stored for us.
Oct 4, 2014 1:57 AM

May 2012
02:01 teheh

03:37 another transstudent

04:04 that's mah bros

08:19 shut the heck up

12:56 zew zew

16:30 eeeeeeeeeee!? hai!

17:55 ZAKUっ!

20:42 timeslowing ability LOL

6.5/10 for this ep.
Better than ep1.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 4, 2014 2:09 AM

Nov 2012
that ending preview "i-its not because i fell in love with the pirate girl! ba-baka!" :p
and i just realized the g-self stretching hand pose in the ending theme really similar to everyone pose in turn a opening 1

and the cheerleader getting more annoying, dem attention whore noisy bitch
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 4, 2014 2:12 AM

Jul 2010
This show is so damn beautiful. It looks like a mix of an old school anime mixed with Eureka Seven.
Oct 4, 2014 2:30 AM

Apr 2011
So far its good, but we need some more explaining of the story, everything else is pretty good. old school feels.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Oct 4, 2014 2:33 AM

Jul 2007
Well this was boring and generic.

The fact that designs look like something out of 70's or 80's does not help.

6/10 for episode itself

Maybe will stick for one more episode, but with so many damn great shows this season coming up, this will most likely go to the trash can.
Oct 4, 2014 4:05 AM

Mar 2013
It's a good thing they did a double bill because the first episode was boring and just plain weird on the most part. Unfortunately, it did also only take two episodes for the characters to start to get really grating. They're all just wholly unlikeable. The way they only ever shout "what" and "huh" is stupid at best and almost all of them have an annoying gravelly texture to their voice that makes them sound in need of some cough syrup. Bell might be an idiot if nothing else, but the worst character by far is Nug. Her horrible whiny voice and the way she just keeps running in uninvited and complaining about literally everything is such a pain, especially when she's never supposed to fucking be there at all. You'd think military officials would care more about a girl interrupting consistently. Also the snide way she spoke to a man that's supposedly "your holiness"? Why was she never called out for that? Surely that's a really fucking bad thing to do? And the way she just kept hitting Aida with rocks for... what? "Sticking her butt out"? When she's trying to hang on for what could be her life? Please stop with the childish two faced slut shaming. It'd be shitty anyway, even if you hadn't spent the first episode running around men in a cheerleading outfit literally just to get their attention. You're obviously only doing it to be an annoying piece of shit, even if it could have cost a girl her life, and Bell should have fucking shouted at you for it, if only he had an actual backbone.
Oct 4, 2014 4:07 AM
Sep 2013
Luin's girlfriend (Manny was it?) is pretty cute given the old ass art style and Bellri's constant "Ehhh" are getting irritating. Other than that, there's not much else I can say at this point.
Oct 4, 2014 5:36 AM

Dec 2010
The first 2 episodes were really awkward and all over the place. Not really something I like.
But the retro feel is pretty good.
Oct 4, 2014 6:28 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The pace is absolutely frenetic. No slice of life to see here as expected from Tomino. It reminds me a lot mroe of Overman King Gainer than Gundam though (not surprising since Gainer is 'fairly' recent). And I'm starting to see several factions building up in true Tomino style I wonder how many people changing sides randomly before the end we will see before the end, LOL.

About the only thing I don't like I must say is the MC's voice. Couldn't they have found a better seiyuu? Or at least tone down the 'Eeeeh?!!'
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 4, 2014 6:29 AM

May 2009
ichii_1 said:
Better than Aldnoah Zero by a long shot XD insta - 9/10

That Captain isn't dead, he's in the ending song :(

>hamburger
>isn't dead
Oct 4, 2014 10:35 AM

Dec 2010
First of all I'm not a big Gundam fan, I've only seen Gundam Seed, and I thought it was okay.

I watched the first episode of this and the first half wasn't very good...but from what I understand of the Gundam series, you need a few episodes for everything to get established. The second half of the first episode was a better.

The second episode was a lot better! I'm actually looking forward to seeing where this one will end up going
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2014

153 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 20, 6:28 PM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

91 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:49 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

29 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:17 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 1:45 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2015

22 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.