Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 2, 2014 1:58 AM

May 2014
TripleSRank said:
The wording for both options are a bit messed up.

I would lean more toward the first (though calling it "true" is a bit much). Others should rate however they want. Different people watch for different reasons, and enjoyment is no less valid a method of rating than another.
I also lean on the more critical side. But it's obvious that everyone rates however the want by their own understanding of the scale. We do as well.
Oct 2, 2014 2:06 AM

Jan 2011
FGAU1912 said:
now i will report all those who mock me
I guess you'll have to report everyone then.
Oct 2, 2014 2:58 AM

Jan 2014
They should rate it based on a single question: How does it compare to FMA? The objectively best anime on the site.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 2, 2014 3:02 AM

Jul 2012
ReaperCreeper said:
FGAU1912 said:
now i will report all those who mock me
I guess you'll have to report everyone then.
Speak for yourself

Everyone should rate anime like this mecha = 10/10 not mecha 1/10
הלב שלי כבר מת
Oct 2, 2014 3:12 AM

Apr 2014
RedRoseFring said:
They should rate it based on a single question: How does it compare to FMA? The objectively best anime on the site.
IMO FMA:B isn't the best show out there. It wouldn't even make it in the top 15 if it was my list, so does this mean that I have rated my anime series wrong?
No it doesn't because the ratings I gave to the series I've watched is based of my enjoyment and that's it.
Oct 2, 2014 3:18 AM

Sep 2013
They shouldn't rate at all, it will prevent them and others from getting butthurt.
Oct 2, 2014 3:19 AM

Apr 2014
Huge_Ego said:
They shouldn't rate at all, it will prevent them and others from getting butthurt.
Why have you rated some of your shows, if you think people shouldn't rank the shows they've watched?
Oct 2, 2014 3:20 AM

Jan 2014
Milk_is_Special said:
RedRoseFring said:
IMO FMA:B isn't the best show out there. It wouldn't even make it in the top 15 if it was my list, so does this mean that I have rated my anime series wrong?
No it doesn't because the ratings I gave to the series I've watched is based of my enjoyment and that's it.

That just means your opinion is wrong.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 2, 2014 3:22 AM

Sep 2013
Milk_is_Special said:
Huge_Ego said:
Why have you rated some of your shows, if you think people shouldn't rank the shows they've watched?
Because I rate for myself, not for others, therefore no one will be butthurt.
Oct 2, 2014 3:24 AM

Jul 2008
How precisely does one "objectively rate" a medium that is entirely subjective? Can you "objectively rate" a painting, too? Even "lazy art" is an individual value judgment; some might find the "lazy art" in an anime original and aesthetically appealing.

Anyways, the point is that both options in the poll, horribly worded as they are, are the exact same. One is always rating based on personal enjoyment. Now, this enjoyment might be of the "I found the dialogue well-written and clever" or "there were lots of cool explosions" variety (and most likely, a mixture of the two, as it would be for myself), but it's all personal enjoyment.
Oct 2, 2014 3:25 AM

Apr 2014
Huge_Ego said:
Milk_is_Special said:
If you don't rate for yourself, why would you even rate a show? Everyone rates that way right?
Oct 2, 2014 3:26 AM

Sep 2013
Milk_is_Special said:
Huge_Ego said:
If you don't rate for yourself, why would you even rate a show? Everyone rates that way right?
Maybe you should verify your own facts and ask Everyone. I don't know the answer to everything so I can't speak for Everyone.
Oct 2, 2014 3:26 AM

Jun 2013
Huge_Ego said:
Milk_is_Special said:

You just contradicted yourself o.o
Oct 2, 2014 3:28 AM

Sep 2013
FloatsBoats said:
Huge_Ego said:

You just contradicted yourself o.o
I prefer the interpretational constitution.
Oct 2, 2014 4:08 PM

Aug 2012
RedRoseFring said:
What? Anime like Magi or One Piece would be in #1 in that case
Oct 2, 2014 4:09 PM

Mar 2014
lupadim said:
RedRoseFring said:

LMAO, Magi doesn't even compare to Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. The anime was below average and the manga I like.
Oct 2, 2014 4:10 PM

Dec 2013
RedRoseFring said:
They should rate it based on a single question: How does it compare to HxH? The objectively best anime on the site.
*Fixed*
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 2, 2014 4:32 PM

Jul 2014
FMA:B and HxH aren't the best anime ever, only the best shounen and Mal have a lot of teenager. It for that they rate it amazing hight.
Oct 2, 2014 5:15 PM

Jun 2010
I don't care how you rate your stuff, m8.
As long as you don't use said "ratings" as argument for stupid "my animu is better than yours" discussions.
Oct 2, 2014 5:17 PM

Apr 2014
i rate anime based on studio

if i love the studio i will ignore every flaw and mistake and give it a 8
Oct 2, 2014 5:18 PM

Mar 2013
People should just rate their anime however the fuck they feel like.
Oct 2, 2014 5:22 PM

Aug 2012
sullynathan said:
lupadim said:

LMAO, Magi doesn't even compare to Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. The anime was below average and the manga I like.
Below average?

Season 1 is ranked #268, Season 2 is #58. Is that below average?

BTW season 1 is extremely underrated
Oct 2, 2014 5:26 PM

Dec 2012
The correct way.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 7 minutes ago

1 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
19 seconds ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime?

GoatPieceLuffy - 23 minutes ago

9 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
1 minute ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

65 by -YaoiBoy- »»
1 minute ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

57 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » how often do you self insert or empathize with anime characters? and do you experience how good or bad the characters situation or experience is too

deg - 7 hours ago

17 by LeonhartAugust »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.